Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria (1814 Views)

Galaxy Backbone: We Blocked Over 200 Cyberattacks During General Election / Yorubaland:the Economic Backbone Of Nigeria / Galaxy Backbone: Clauses Conceding Nigeria's Sovereignty To China Uncovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by Sammy07: 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2022
Oghene1st:

I.T? Is IT in South West or in Nigeria? Are you referring to the IT completely imported into Nigeria? From hosting to platforms for web designs, to storage, to communication, etc? Which IT sir? Banking? Okay support that with facts. Entertainment is arguably dominated by the Yoruba of South West, I won't contest that. Manufacturing and medicine need to be supported with convincing details.

BTW, how did the above you mentioned made you become the economic backbone of Nigeria as against my topic stating that South South is the economic backbone of Nigeria? I provided facts to support my topic. So, if you want to counter it, please do with quantifiable instances on why South West is the economic backbone of Nigeria. If your arguement is on another issue incidental to the topic, probably from subsequent quotes/comments under the topic, state it and we shall proceed, but that is when I'm done with lectures.

Lol. You just said thrash.
I'll be waiting for you to be done with your lectures.
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by LILTJAY: 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2022
Oghene1st:

State the place you stayed, and for your information, I'm in Abk - Abeokuta residing in Isabo.
edo state benin
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by Oghene1st: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2022
LILTJAY:
edo state benin

Okay. Oya controvert my claim
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by LILTJAY: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2022
Oghene1st:

Okay. Oya controvert my claim
I have been to every ss sate apart from Bayelsa oga..
So I dont know where you got your crap from lol
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by Oghene1st: 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2022
LILTJAY:
I have been to every ss sate apart from Bayelsa oga..
So I dont know where you got your crap from lol

How many sporting stadiums are in southwest?
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by LILTJAY: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2022
Oghene1st:

How many sporting stadiums are in southwest?
many
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by Oghene1st: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
LILTJAY:
many

It is obvious you are not good in written English. More reason your quotes are like abbreviations or replies to close questions when the questions are open.

Sorry, you are too low academically to further take my time. Ciao.
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by LILTJAY: 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2022
Oghene1st:

It is obvious you are not good in written English. More reason your quotes are like abbreviations or replies to close questions when the questions are open.

Sorry, you are too low academically to further take my time. Ciao.
fuvking urhobo goat.. there are more than 2 stadiums in every sw state.. ibadan alone has about 2-3 ..
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by Idiko1: 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2022
Oghene1st:
In that 1.8m barrel daily, 1.4m is from the South South. That is 1.4m multiply by $90 which equals $126m, over N60b is the revenue generated by Nigeria from South south oil daily. Then one idiot Yoruba boy abi Yorubas will come to say South West is the economic backbone of Nigeria.

South South is the one feeding all you hungry zones.

THE price of Nigeria’s Bonny Light, yesterday, surged further to $91.38 per barrel, from $90.31, recorded the previous day, indicating an excess of $29.38 against the $62 per barrel benchmark of the nation’s 2022 budget.

The leap in price was attributed to a combination of factors, including the declining oil inventory, due mainly to rising demand driven by the reopening of businesses after many months of Coronavirus lockdown.

Consequently, Nigeria, which budgeted to produce 1.8 million barrels daily and between 300,000 – 400,000 barrels of Condensate, which also attracts high premium like Bonny Light, expects to generate much revenue into its Excess Crude Account, ECA, a special account established to hold oil revenues in excess of the budgeted benchmark.

Meanwhile, there were fears that the rising crude price could push petrol subsidy to about $16 billion per day.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/rising-crude-price-pushes-petrol-subsidy-to-n16bn-per-day-2/

@ the bolded, the so-called south-south is not economic backbone of Nigeria. How could south-south remotely claim economic backbone of anything when the region looks poor and dilapidated. The region is a treacherous backwater and shell remain so for a very long time.

2 Likes

Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by Oghene1st: 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2022
LILTJAY:
fuvking urhobo goat.. there are more than 2 stadiums in every sw state.. ibadan alone has about 2-3 ..

Next time, if you want to use ellipsis, it is 3 dots and not 2 dots.
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by Oghene1st: 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2022
Idiko1:

@ the bolded, the so-called south-south is not economic backbone of Nigeria. How could south-south remotely claim economic backbone of anything when the region looks poor and dilapidated. The region is a treacherous backwater and shell remain so for a very long time.

Who is this one without sense?
Re: Why/How South South Is The Economic Backbone Of Nigeria by Billingslord: 10:07pm On Jan 31, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia/ukraine: NATO Activates Response Force / 2023: Buhari Has Failed Nigerians I Can Do Better - Tinubu / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Visits Gombe State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.