Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) (49591 Views)

Apprentice Wins N16m Sports Bet In Alaba Market, His Boss Orders / POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / Business Owner Settles Apprentice With N1M Plus Credit Facility Worth N500K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by kobosmart(m): 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
Igbo ppl r selfish,ungrateful and stvpid
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by wifeesnatcher(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2022
PrinceOfLagos

how much was paid on your head when they smuggled you to Lagos 15years ago Yoruba wannabe
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by ThickSharon123(f): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2022
Aufbauh:

You're either a novice on this platform or mischievously ignorant.
The guy I am addressing knows himself as Omo Ibo.

He is not, just because he is a truthful Yoruba person you people have tagged him as an impostor. It isn't every one that follows the Yoruba's idealogy.

2 Likes

Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2022
Wicked...
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by BigYash: 9:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
Wazobia2216:

That was why I said "some"
Okay
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by od501: 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
KingOfBoyz1:
I get your point... But not really as u look at it..money is comes with alot of stuffs.. Imagine you have a brother like that who goes to serve someone that doesn't have any car or his own house. But after Years of serving and that same boss is now a chief with his own house and cars, helping other people but can't settle his own FAM.. I know you will find a bigger name than a fool for such person. That's why igbos can't and will never have a strong head.

Noo...the man no try abeg. Nooo...

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by newoffer: 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2022
The business skills is the major asset and not the money. A business knowledge has been passed unto the young man.
Dubetex96:

Exactly my thought
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by cutedharmee: 9:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
Oceanblaze:
Na to arrange for him kidnap...collect ransome,kill am join...
Heartless soul...you'll take a life you can't create cos of money.
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by Adakintroy: 10:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
Jman06:
You people should stop typing rubbish here and trying to justify the cruelty these guys face in the hands of their evil bosses. If the boy wanted just the knowledge, it would have been a different arrangement! And he wouldn't have spent up to 9 solid years with the man.

The money is the koko! We have seen many people who faced similar fates after serving their masters for so long. They got settled with paltry sums that couldn't help them in any way to start off. While few of them were lucky to get help from relatives, many were not that lucky and eventually could not make any headways but resorted to doing odd jobs to survive.

These evil bosses should be called out and made to understand that slavery is no longer condoned in this modern time. Wicked souls!

You don't know if that evil boss has much. People with dependent mindset always think this way. If you give them less money than they anticipate, it means you are stingy.

I repeat The knowledge is more important. If you are willing to work and you hard with work doors will open. Many of you underestimate the power of hardwork and knowledge. That's why your emphasy is always on money. I never said money is not important, I said the knowledge is far more important. I mean far more. People who have money but no knowledge easy loose it to those who has.

For those who have ( knowledgeable ones) more willbegiven said Christ. But for those have nothing, even what they have will be taken. ( Ignorant ones). #Going forward.
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by anungangampu: 10:16pm On Jan 30, 2022
MartinsD12:

Stop talking nonsense am sure you don't know what it means for one to do igba boyi for 9 years you don't know the pain and agony do you think it's easy , what is bad is bad don't come here to type nonsense because you have cheap data if he was your brother you go happy
Don't be foolish. I passed same system. If the boss didn't make money for the 9yrs he was with him, how Do you expect him to make 1million or more than that.. Apprenticeship system eventually favour a subject that was involved in the system. Thats the main koko
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by anungangampu: 10:18pm On Jan 30, 2022
CXLVII:

After 9 years! You said money does not matter?

Can you repeat again?
LOL. I may not stay for 9yrs but I know that money is rubbish if I made customers that will commit millions in my hand once they know I am trust worthy.
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by anungangampu: 10:19pm On Jan 30, 2022
blackgold2018:
IDIOT
most of you don't even know how this shiitttt goes.... I still maintain the money isn't the main ish but the contact during the whole 9yrs
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by anungangampu: 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2022
PJAR:
Weldone head bridge.
Destiny connector
Divine link

Bro, i have seen those settled with millions, even bought cars and rented house with their settlement money but ended up brok 4-7 down the line. I have seen those promised of millions but have to see goods to realize that. At the end they became richer than their boss
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by one4GOD(f): 10:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
nduprincekc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD5pluL_rI4

Please subscribe to my channel
Uproar in Onitsha , Anambra state where a man settled his Nwaboyi with N100k after 9 yrs of service..

Note.

*Please share this message widely for possible assistance,*

Copied
God is always on the side of the wounded, ask pharaoh.
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
kobosmart:
Igbo ppl r selfish,ungrateful and stvpid
you’re an idiot for generalising
Calling out a whole tribe
Na only for faceless forum your type dey get mouth
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by UwaMmebii(m): 10:53pm On Jan 30, 2022
That man is very wicked, people there should force him to pay that guy from 500k above. Some ppl are really heartless. Gush
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by Blackman7: 11:01pm On Jan 30, 2022
This is really sad.
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by FuckSilly: 11:09pm On Jan 30, 2022
Salvador1:
it's an apprenticeship system practice by Igbos especially business men.

Omo Yoruba!
Nwaboyi kọ

Nnegirly ni

Ọmọ osu
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by BennyDGreat: 1:09am On Jan 31, 2022
matm:
Tk God he wasnt framed up and locked up in the jail.
My apprentice brother was accused of stealing millions and using to build house in the village and was locked up in kirikiri Lagos without our knowledge.
It was a man on prison visit dt saw him and contacted us.A lawyer was hired,and d case taken to court.
Those who came for investigation saw no house.
And we spent a lot dt would have been used to help him start his own.
Advice:If u are an apprentice,don't place all ur hope in settlement money.But if it comes,fine.Start off small as a join man, and trust in God.Once there is life,there is
hope.
It's only a dead person,dt is hopeless earthwise.

Was he later compensated?
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by BennyDGreat: 1:14am On Jan 31, 2022
Britishcoins:
It happened to me in 2018, after apprenticeship for 10 years, I was settled with 50k, l nearly commit sucide that year, but God throughly intervened, in 2019 February, one man who knew how I truly helped my uncle helped me to relocate from Minna to Oyo state. My kid brother gave me 100k he saved from Okada.
Long story short, I suffered a lot to get shop plus not knowing anyone in my new environment.
But when God intervened I got container shop location on busy road, I used 130k to buy clothes, boutique has started ooo, my people I was happy the first day I made 800 profit.
Today I have bought the container, I have a shop now worth 5 million naira.
Below is the house I completed this January for that my brother who gave me 100k to stay because he is based home.
MY success started when I get connection from a Yoruba woman who supplied goods for me from 500k now I do buy goods of 3m almost every 14 days.
As for my uncle that settled me with 50k, l make sure to do Christmas for him and the children.

I thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by sonnie10: 2:05am On Jan 31, 2022
Did you guy know that in Yoruba land, it is the apprentice that settles the Oga after learning a trade. They called freedom money.
They are several occasions where the poor apprentices are not able to come up with the settlement fee, in that case even though they have finished learning the trade, the oga denies them of certification and the blessings that come with it.
Strange but true.
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by sonnie10: 2:20am On Jan 31, 2022
Hyperchi:
Ppl fail to remember the blessing also. Which also goes a long way if he utilized the money well. In Ladipo they settle with 200k after 6-7yr and be4 the ending of that year the person fit done get up to 1m for account. It will help to shape such person. What of the Yoruba ppl apprenticeship program after 7yrs of learning mechanic u go still borrow money host graduation party.
I think say na only me know the Yoruba system
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by free2ryhme: 6:04am On Jan 31, 2022
Dubetex96:

Exactly my thought

What was the value of the naira and inflation rate back then compared to now ?
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by michlins(m): 6:18am On Jan 31, 2022
sonnie10:
Did you guy know that in Yoruba land, it is the apprentice that settles the Oga after learning a trade. They called freedom money.
They are several occasions where the poor apprentices are not able to come up with the settlement fee, in that case even though they have finished learning the trade, the oga denies them of certification and the blessings that come with it.
Strange but true.
not in my business oh. Sometimes, apprentice dey run from his oga and start hustling on his own before the agreed time. All he needs is to relocate to another place if he's afraid of his oga. If not,he will continue where his oga can see him
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by sonnie10: 6:45am On Jan 31, 2022
michlins:
not in my business oh. Sometimes, apprentice dey run from his oga and start hustling on his own before the agreed time. All he needs is to relocate to another place if he's afraid of his oga. If not,he will continue where his oga can see him
Trade or artisan work is a liitle different in the SW. They have associations and you have to be a member to operate peaceful. One of the citeria for membership is that you have a guarantor who would testify that you actually completed the training. Usually , it the oga that stands for them. If the boy did not that not settle, they would refuse to stand for them
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by michlins(m): 6:55am On Jan 31, 2022
sonnie10:

Trade of artisan work is a liitle different in the SW. They have associations and you have to be a member to operate peaceful. One of the citeria for membership is that you have a guarantor you would testify that you actually completed the training. Usually , it the oga that stands for them. If you boys that not settle, they would refuse to stand for them
trade unions stiffle growth and innovation. They will fix price of goods and the big oga dem will be selling cause they already have customers. The customers will rather give their money to someone they already know instead of a new player they don't know

To attract customers,new players need to cut price or do something to gain attention but they can't do it because of union
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by Oceanblaze(m): 7:05am On Jan 31, 2022
cutedharmee:

Heartless soul...you'll take a life you can't create cos of money.
Fool...you are a real maloo.
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by ThatsONYI: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2022
Cantonese:

You cannot scrap this age long Igbo apprenticeship system. It is unfortunate that some greedy ogas abuse the process and make it less attractive to youths who want to pass through it or parents who want to allow their children pass through it.

It is a practice that has elevated many families from poverty. It is a practice that makes the Igbo society retain its beauty, pride and joy. You are introduced to real life at a very early age. It helps take the youths away from crime and checkmates immorality in the society among the youths. It teaches the youth how families are run at very early ages and how to manage themselves.

I think your case is one of those unfortunate ones, but one must not use it as an excuse to scrap the system.

shocked

Sir, there would be no need for it, IF we had a working society. The Nwaboi apprenticeship program can be taught in our educational institutions, not necessarily denying our youths of Western education.

In this way, we have successfully equipped them with our own very weapons and that of the white man.

Our people have ended up as a people that adore and respect wealth, irrespective of where it was gotten from. That's why our youths are pressurized to go extra miles, the results is " Yahoo Yahoo" and #Ritual trending on Twitter.

Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by ThatsONYI: 7:56am On Jan 31, 2022
Reference:

Don't say so.
It is an integral part of the success story of enterprises in the east and the primary reason why unemployment there is relatively low as compared to the rest of Nigeria.
Developed economies of the West are even looking for ways to revive the Apprenticeship system to help combat youth unemployment which is a headache worldwide.
Perhaps the master has fallen on hard times. who knows.
This present economy has made a number of employers to disengage their long term staff on terms less favourable than normal. Its just a pity.

shocked

Sir, I'm a victim and so, are thousands of youths, many have taken their life because of the allegations and character assassination that follows.

I know what I went through and still going through. Nwaboi apprenticeship can be taught as a compulsory program in our schools, there are better ways to go about it.

Surely, one thing is sure, Nwaboi apprenticeship will die off because of this present generation of so called "masters".

Either we pass this knowledge through school or watch it die.

Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by Dubetex96(m): 8:09am On Jan 31, 2022
Udoskybest:
Dude was even lucky he was given at all. Mine no even look my face after 6years

It is always painful for someone to find himself in that bad position but let me ask did your oga intentionally decided not to settle at the end of the six years?
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by Dubetex96(m): 8:12am On Jan 31, 2022
free2ryhme:

What was the value of the naira and inflation rate back then compared to now ?

I know the amount given is nothing but you have to understand that some oga normally give flimsy excuses at the end of rendering services to them.
Re: Uproar As Anambra Man Settles His Apprentice With N100k After 9 Years (Video) by Dubetex96(m): 8:15am On Jan 31, 2022
newoffer:
The business skills is the major asset and not the money. A business knowledge has been passed unto the young man.

Indeed bro knowledge is the key here if the family can support him in any way. Amaro isi ga echi eze

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) / The Best Cities To Hustle And Make Money In Nigeria - Smartlazyhustler / Dangote Reacts To Criticisms On Border Closure Exemption, Hammers Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.