Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! (349 Views)

Getting Married And Living In Your Parents House. What Is Wrong About It / Give Ur Parents A Gift This Christmas. Do Less With Girl Friends. / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! by sonofjos(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2022
I'm at the hospital now nursing my 1year 2 months daughter.

I got the time to reflect on the sacrifices of parenthood and wanted someone to share this issue which we all may be taking for granted big time.

I won't bore you with details, just the highlights

My case started since Christmas. I was bedridden with sickness for about 2 weeks. I went through so much pain to the point that I cried.

My wife worked very hard taking care of me while breastfeeding. It was very tough on her to the point where she also broke down with sickness.

I was yet to fully recover but was forced to rise from my sick bed and start caregiving and taking care of the baby.
My wife's case was worst than mine for another 2 weeks.
We were forced to wean the baby at that point in time.
My wife is now recovering. Now our baby is down and on admission. (I'm at the point of tears as I write this).

My wife is now forced to leave her sick bed to take care of the baby.

Meanwhile my business is suffering. I have not been there throughout this year.
I am relapsing because of stress and seeing the doctor.

I met my father today and he encouraged me. one thing he mentioned that stuck was "that's what your mother and I went through with all five of you. God will see you through this"

Our last born is about 25. to think that they raised 5 of us facing the manifold issues of parenthood made me appreciate them big time and see them in a light like I've never seen them before.

I regret every disobedience and dishonour I've
ever done to them.

Guys, our parents are the real unsung heroes of this life.

If you are still under your parents. Appreciate every moment and PLEASE APPRECIATE THEM IN EVERY WAY YOU CAN.
You will never know what they've been through and what they are passing through till the days of your bonanza are over.

I just wanted to share my heart with someone.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! by Adaanna(f): 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2022
Is well with you and your household. Father lord straight forth your healing balm upon this family IJN Amen.

We don't know the love of our parents until we become one.
God bless our gallant parents cos they are indeed our hero.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! by Peebaby93: 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2022
I decree healing upon you and your family.there shall be no loss.stay strong our lord God will see you through.. Amen
Re: Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! by sonofjos(m): 2:58am On Jan 31, 2022
Adaanna:
Is well with you and your household. Father lord straight forth your healing balm upon this family IJN Amen.

We don't know the love of our parents until we become one.
God bless our gallant parents cos they are indeed our hero.
Thanks alot
I'm grateful
Re: Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! by sonofjos(m): 2:58am On Jan 31, 2022
Peebaby93:
I decree healing upon you and your family.there shall be no loss.stay strong our lord God will see you through.. Amen
Amen Sir
Re: Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! by Nobody: 3:23am On Jan 31, 2022
I will do that when next I see them.

May God heal your family, OP. Healing is yours, in Jesus' mighty name. Amen!!
Re: Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! by Double0h7(f): 3:40am On Jan 31, 2022
Hmmmm. I hope it's not covid running through your house.

As for the parents, everybody chose to have children and everyone knows that it's not easy being a parent.
Good parents earn their rewards from God and their children if they're lucky.

Bad parents earn their punishment from God or their children if they're lucky (better to take your punishment on earth than face God)
Re: Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! by sonofjos(m): 8:59am On Jan 31, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
I will do that when next I see them.

May God heal your family, OP. Healing is yours, in Jesus' mighty name. Amen!!

Amen my sister
Re: Give Your Parents A Very BIG Hug! by sonofjos(m): 9:01am On Jan 31, 2022
Double0h7:
Hmmmm. I hope it's not covid running through your house.

As for the parents, everybody chose to have children and everyone knows that it's not easy being a parent.
Good parents earn their rewards from God and their children if they're lucky.

Bad parents earn their punishment from God or their children if they're lucky (better to take your punishment on earth than face God)
Weird way of looking at it, lol! Thanks for commenting

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Say / Appreciation After Disbursement / How To Train Up A Good Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.