Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? (41587 Views)

How South West Is Becoming A Hotbed Of Ritual Killings In Nigeria - TheCable / Secrets Of Ibadan Ritual Killings Uncovered / Metal Fabricator In Police Net On Suspicion Of Ritual Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
zomby:

So far, this is the most ridiculous statement I've read on this forum. What I'm getting here is, celebrities flaunting their wealth in Nigeria is the the reason for high rate of ritual killing. And then china was used as an example, while USA and UK where sport celebrities are running around with all kinds of powerful/ luxurious customized cars and private jets were omitted.
It makes absolutely no sense.
These countries you mentioned have a high amount of educated youths they also have a system in place that promotes upward mobility secondly US and UK have higher crime and gang related crimes compared to other developed countries

zomby:

Nigerian government needs to go after corrupt entities, focus on providing jobs for the youths and generally improving the standard of living of the citizens...Anything else is simply uncivilized.
Most countries even America and China have corrupt systems, the difference however is they don't shove it in faces of the people and start mocking those who do legit hustle... That is what makes people mad and turns them to get rich schemes.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by HajiaNotu: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
Until we stop worshipping money or giving High Regards to Affluence not minding how they got the money.....

Songs like if you no get money, hide your face should be totally banned.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Countries like China would arrest celebrities who flaunt their wealth because they know it's bad for public health...but Nigerian government as usual don't care about their people.

Arrested? Smh.
They’ll delete your platform, or page.
No one is arresting anyone.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2022
popefuse:
little did you know that currently in china you dear not do that. this is not about you disagree or not, it law on ground in china
They don’t get arrested though, it’s not a crime.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by felixray2010(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
Help me !!!

I'm seeking for a job
I studied Environmental Health Science
I've got HND
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2022
Bobmarie:
Arrested? Smh.
They’ll delete your platform, or page.
No one is arresting anyone.
Go on YouTube and search for missing chinese celebrities.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
shagasha:

Our politicians also flaunt their wealth
Why don't you consider politicians as celebrities?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by gforce5: 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
You people want to know the real catalyst behind the high rate of ritual killing in Nigeria? Poverty of the mind. Materialism. 'Get rich syndrome".

The majority of Nigerians are guilty of it. When you have young people in this forum saying "School na scam. Money is the goal" what do you think was going to happen? When in the romance section you have men saying: "forget looks, character or physique. Money na the fine bobo", what do you think was going to happen? When in the travel section of this forum you people saying: "forget traveling abroad, make money and become a King/Queen in your own country", what did you think was going to happen? In the career section, "stop looking for a job, be your own boss ( with no financial support)", what did you think was going to happen? All the average Nigerian cares about is to make money at any cost. As long as they are comfortable, everybody else can go to hell.

You worship men like Ned Nwoko, who uses his money to oppress young men by marrying women he knows he couldn't get when he was their age. All those old Egbons (Obj, IBB, Atiku) who have ruled this country since independence and are sleeping with women young enough to be their granddaughters while oppressing young boys, what did you think would happen as a result of that? Captains of Industry, SANS, businessmen are mercilessly pillaging young ladies while their boyfriends/brothers are being used as errand boys cheesy grin. Continue to be short-sighted instead of praying for the wisdom of foresight and long-term planning. This is just the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Go on YouTube and search for missing chinese celebrities.
The Chinese government can detain all their citizens, even billionaires at will and often does so. If you type missing Chinese celebrities on Google, you will see several detained or placed on house arrests for several different often serious reasons. Some finally come back, some don’t. However the worst I’ve seen for flaunting wealth ( like showing a receipt from where you shopped) is your account quietly deleted and your platform taken down. It’s not North Korea. There are several examples of such Chinese celebrities who flaunted wealth but were never arrested.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by WoundedLamb: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
From Nollywood to Instagram celebrities, the blame game continues.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Abdhool(m): 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
Non responsive and irresponsible government.

If people can afford their basic needs of life they wouldn't bother to go extra mile to get some certain things done.

What have you gained from government since you were born ?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Newboss(m): 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Countries like China would arrest celebrities who flaunt their wealth because they know it's bad for public health...but Nigerian government as usual don't care about their people.

China is not a democracy. I bet you don't want the government China has.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Tzar(m): 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
Op you are wrong! The reason is that Nigerians have become so morally bankrupt that they insist nobody should ask for the source of wealth of anybody. They demand their youths and old to get reach by ALL means, but hypocritically express shock when they see the extent some people can go to get rich!
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Kollins11: 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
insidelife22:
Lemme show you what is prevalent in all of our country's regions.

Northeast-Boko haram.

North Central- Boko haram/bandits,Herdsmen.

Northwest- Boko haram/Herdsmen.

Southeast-Kiddnapping, baby factory, Sit at home.

South south-militancy/Illegal refinaries,Kiddnapping.

Southwest-Skull mining/Ritual killings,Headquarters of fakelives yeyebrities.
Nna, as an igbo boy, I would rather push drugs than to kill my fellow human being for rituals. Infact I don't believe in those shit!!!
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Abdul4trust1(m): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:

you'll be the first to criticize the government if the act like China
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Athemisia: 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
mccloud224:
A country labelled as the POVERTY capital of the world has 98% of its adult citizens producing children as if we have population crisis. A civil servant earning less than 50k already has 4 kids...a site labourer earning 2k a day already has 6 kids @ home plus "away match" baby on the way. People are popping out kids as if Nigeria is still in the good old days of oil boom.

The media isnt helping either...imagine youths listening to "Ose to leran....Zazou". What type of soap has meat inside? Portable is proudly advertising himself as a ritualist who uses voodoo soap infused with human flesh hence his success but nobody cares coz all na Zazou!!!

For years I kept saying it...this current generation from 45 down is a failure.
The only sensible comment so far...
Op, the key word here is POVERTY!
Don't forget that. The poverty in the nation is so alarming. Crime and poverty are 5n6.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Sirmuel1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
inspectorg:

Two weeks ago, I saw a video on Facebook. (I think it happened in Owerri)
2 naked Guys were seen placing a HUGE sacrifice at the middle of a Federal road.

Na the huge sacrifice part they make Lwkd.... grin grin grin.Buh its serious not funny.

The thing weak me oh. Na one big Calabash for center of road grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by leofab(f): 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:
I disagree with this, politicians flaunt their power not wealth any politician who flaunts wealth will be accused of corruption.

Modified:

I asked for flaunting politicians all you guys can say is Dino Melaye a senator who has no real power in Nigeria, have you seen Tinubu, Obasanjo or Buhari flaunting wealth on social media?
Being corrupt is one thing, waving that corruption in people's faces is something else.
those men you enumerated are old fashioned.. check out our young and new politicians..
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by zomby(m): 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2022
HajiaNotu:
Until we stop worshipping money or giving High Regards to Affluence not minding how they got the money.....

Songs like if you no get money, hide your face should be totally banned.

If the leaders are doing what is right by providing employment opportunities and fostering a solid system that works, there is absolutely nothing wrong with giving high regards to affluence and also enjoying good songs like “if you no get money, hide your face”.
Only a weak society would allow a song to mold their mental state of mind.

Ritual Killing is mostly created by lack of hope, and lack of hope (in Nigeria) is produced by lack of sound leadership from the top to the bottom.
It is that simple.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Parrot69: 3:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
mccloud224:
A country labelled as the POVERTY capital of the world has 98% of its adult citizens producing children as if we have population crisis. A civil servant earning less than 50k already has 4 kids...a site labourer earning 2k a day already has 6 kids @ home plus "away match" baby on the way. People are popping out kids as if Nigeria is still in the good old days of oil boom.

The media isnt helping either...imagine youths listening to "Ose to leran....Zazou". What type of soap has meat inside? Portable is proudly advertising himself as a ritualist who uses voodoo soap infused with human flesh hence his success but nobody cares coz all na Zazou!!!

Tell them bro!
Over population with no data to backup demographics it’s citizens.
Rotten education institutions churning out half-baked graduates.
Religious houses everywhere nook & cranny yet social vices everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Rockyrascal(m): 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
The sad thing is people with illegitimate wealth are celebrated in our society.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by kay29000(m): 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:
I disagree with this, politicians flaunt their power not wealth any politician who flaunts wealth will be accused of corruption.

Modified:

I asked for flaunting politicians all you guys can say is Dino Melaye a senator who has no real power in Nigeria, have you seen Tinubu, Obasanjo or Buhari flaunting wealth on social media?
Being corrupt is one thing, waving that corruption in people's faces is something else.

So true.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by bepositive11: 4:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
Studio247:
There is hardly a week that we don't get report on Ritual killing.

It looks like almost every Nigerian youth wants to leave the life they see on Instagram.

Some want to leave that life at all cost.

Just as there is hardly a minute that celebrities don't display wealth on their pages, there is hardly a day we don't get news of ritual killings.

So, I talked to few people if what young people see on Instagram is responsible for the quest for fast richies, some agreed that Instagram is playing huge negative role in pushing some people into doing the wrong things.

And some said NO, every wealthy person can flunt their wealth as they like cos they worked for it .

Your opinion.

We need to take responsibility for our actions

It's one thing to envy and work hard to achieve, and it's another to envy and look for illegal ways to achieve

Whatever we decide to do, we're making that decision and it's our responsibility

So no, I don't blame Instagram. I blame the people deciding to do it

The belief itself that ritual killings work is ludacris and it's an African thing, so culture plays a part

Another thing is poverty. If Nigeria had a better economy with better job opportunities, the instability and Insecurity won't be at the level it is today

But still, Nigerian youths need to learn how to work hard and achieve rather than look for shortcuts at the expense of other people's lives
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by kay29000(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2022
Wazobia2216:

So what happens to politicians that flaunts their Ill gotten wealth

Are they not the architect of all these

Apart from Dino, how many politicians flaunt wealth on social media?
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by lekanation(m): 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2022
insidelife22:
Lemme show you what is prevalent in all of our country's regions.

Northeast-Boko haram.

North Central- Boko haram/bandits,Herdsmen.

Northwest- Boko haram/Herdsmen.

Southeast-Kiddnapping,Sit at home.

South south-militancy/Illegal refinaries,Kiddnapping.

Southwest-Skull mining/Ritual killings,Headquarters of fakelives yeyebrities.
south east and south south drug baron, mpurumiri consumers, cannibalism etc
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by kay29000(m): 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
Weathered:
genuine wealth comes with sacrifices that there won't be much time to flunt it.

People who flunt wealth usually fall within these groups:

* Those who actually inherited large wealth from parents young.

* Criminals, Yahoo boys, local 419-ners

* Scammers and chameleons with no actual wealth.

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2022
Abeg that thing wey dat girl climb dey stand on for the first picture, na motor
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by yahmohy27: 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:

It is people like you that will be shouting leave am na sebi Nahin money ,hin steal the money ?
Abeg make you na leave am jare
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Wazobia2216: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
kay29000:

Apart from Dino, how many politicians flaunt wealth on social media?
grin grin grin are you for real

Have you being to their children's weddings

Can private jets be hidden

You call traveling abroad as if they are going to their backyard not flaunting wealth

Don't even let me mention their cars

SMH
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by GeneralOjukwu: 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

You forgot to add cannibalism to South yeast.

It pained me I didn't see the thread on time.

All the " crime prevalence" he wrote there was just to insult SOUTH West. That was his target...that's why his fláthead brothers rose to defend him by quickly mentioning you.

You for add PROSTITUTION and BABY FACTORY. That one dey even pain them more.

Cc Bestpunterever, Lekanation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by soundOsonic: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2022
Totilopussylick:
i disagree with you.

Flaunting of wealth online by individuals with evidence cannot attract punishment whatsoever.

Our youths of nowadays are just desperate out of selfishness.

China will arrest you for flaunting your wealth. They operate a communist government. They don't want others to be motivated and revoke on the government
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by armyofone(m): 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2022
mccloud224:

True! The way Nigerians pop out children is the main problem. A bricklayer with 5 children shocked just imagine. The children wouldn't even be 10 years before they start carrying the burden of feeding themselves and allowing the ills of the society to parents them.

Nigeria should stop having too many children. Imagine - See Kunle, Ozas, Obi, Gambo, Asuquo, mbok, etc there - almost all their sidechick they ordered rice and stew for are pregnant for them! Just imagine!

They double square and squared the whole family matter!
They won't use condom or practice birth control.
Every orgasm is automatically a child 9 months after.

A country where the cycle of poverty continues for generations - weep not child!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Phone Snatcher Paraded With "I Am A Professional Phone Thief" Tag In Bayelsa / Nursing Students Rape 6-yr-old Pupil In Edo / NDLEA Arrests 6 Men Heading For Brazil For Swallowing Over $156,000 (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.