Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me (52430 Views)

Robbery In My Neighbourhood In Abuja / How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 / Lady Beaten Mercilessly By Neighbourhood Security Men in Enugu Over N1000 (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by BewareOf419: 10:06am On Jan 31, 2022
Welcome To Nigeria Where Security Is -0
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Mrklemo(m): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2022
Their time is alway 1:30am...the balls on those guys though.
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by AfroAgroPower: 10:07am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:
Some men of underworld stormed my area yesterday morning between 1:30-2am while everyone was asleep.

They first robbed the nearby house before coming to my place, I've never experienced such a thing before, though I wasn't robbed, they probably thought I wasn't inside because I didn't display my curtain outside, i didn't put my footwear outside as well, I also switched off the lights the moment I knew they were around trying to break the entrance door.
My apartment is self-contained inside a big compound, some of my neighbours were not at home yesterday, so they shut their doors, those criminals only entered the ones they knew people were inside.
I was so scared guys, I wrapped my big phone and power bank in a nylon bag and put it inside foodstuff leaving the small phone and some amount of money should incase they strike.

It was a moment of confusion, but they didn't beat or injure anybody sha, their Modus operandi shows that they know the terrain well.

I'm already planning to leave the place as soon as possible.

We went to a nearby police station to report the case but they referred us to another division, they said they can't handle it

There's no security in this naija.

The Insecurity of Human Lives and Properties in Nigeria is So Alarming because of The Increasing Level of Poverty of Hunger and Starvation in Nigeria coupled with Poor Financial Education and Empowerment Initiatives.

It is left for We as Nigerians to Change The Direction of Things as Youths in Nigeria by Engaging in Effective Sensitization and Synergy towards Restructuring Nigeria through AGRICULTURE, CRYPTOCURRENCIES and ENTERTAINMENT which are The Needed Integrated Vices to help Alleviate The Integral Forms of Poverty in Nigeria.

Read Up and Join The POVERTY ALLEVIATION IN NIGERIA (PAIN) CAMPAIGN.

https://www.nairaland.com/6950250/nigeria-year-2023-election-only#109689183

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by bluefilm: 10:09am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:
Some men of underworld stormed my area yesterday morning between 1:30-2am while everyone was asleep.

They first robbed the nearby house before coming to my place, I've never experienced such a thing before, though I wasn't robbed, they probably thought I wasn't inside because I didn't display my curtain outside, i didn't put my footwear outside as well, I also switched off the lights the moment I knew they were around trying to break the entrance door.
My apartment is self-contained inside a big compound, some of my neighbours were not at home yesterday, so they shut their doors, those criminals only entered the ones they knew people were inside.
I was so scared guys, I wrapped my big phone and power bank in a nylon bag and put it inside foodstuff leaving the small phone and some amount of money should incase they strike.

It was a moment of confusion, but they didn't beat or injure anybody sha, their Modus operandi shows that they know the terrain well.

We went to a nearby police station to report the case but they referred us to another division, they said they can't handle it

So what's the trick you applied?

They didn't come to your side most probably because they were running out of time or maybe because they know who you are, NOT because of any useless trick you think you applied.

Nonsense undecided

4 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by McOluOmo: 10:09am On Jan 31, 2022
Mrklemo:
Their time is alway 1:30am...the balls on those guys though.

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by des4ella(m): 10:09am On Jan 31, 2022
Next time when they come to rob, they will be kicking every door down and checking people's foodstuffs for hidden phones and monies. Some of the robbers fit dey diz forum and you don show them road..

7 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by chamboy(m): 10:10am On Jan 31, 2022
Hannover:

Which area did this happen?
I think we can use Nairaland as an Investigatory and Interrogatory form to help people get to the root of issue. if the OP can tell us the area and we can start from there.
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Olam09(m): 10:11am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:

There is no security everywhere including the USA you wan japa to, na God be our security. Did you hear what happened in USA recently?

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by rafcrown(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2022
NO FOOD,NO MONEY,NO SAFE PLACE,NO HOPE,NO PROGESS.WHAT A WASTED REGIME.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by 99thEnemy(m): 10:17am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:

grin grin grin NIGERIA! grin

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by ChangetheChange: 10:18am On Jan 31, 2022
[quote lt=109828950]They will be back for you. You shouldn't have mentioned your exact cubicle. [/quote]
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Bignuell(m): 10:20am On Jan 31, 2022
arthurwillia:

How were they entering the houses boss? Force entry?
At OP, this question is valid

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by kayusely70(m): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2022
We glorify God for sparing you from the devilish elements!

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Nonywendy(m): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:

Did this happen in calabar?
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Enyimbamercedes: 10:25am On Jan 31, 2022
Here is a better trick, always a pan of oil on standby. When ever they visit and are being entertained in the neighbouring houses, turn on the fire and allow the oil heat up. When they come knocking, intentionally leave a window open to signify that you are a welcoming visitor and probably one of them will put his unfortunate face there.

If your pan of oil is nicely heated...feel free to toss the content in his face.

Another trick, connect a live wire to your door handle. This only works if you have electricity.

Last trick, get a shot gun. When they come visiting, pepper them with a cartridge load of birdshots. Even better if you have buckshots.

5 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by anambraamaka: 10:28am On Jan 31, 2022
bad guy grin
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by BloomingDale(f): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2022
oga, what state?

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by namo77: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:

Thank God for your life.

Which area is this?
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by RoyalBoutique(m): 10:39am On Jan 31, 2022
Freestainworld:
They referred you people to another police station, that they can't handle the case, so police station now operates like a hospital.

Does anything in Nigeria still surprise you?

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by cl0r0x: 10:40am On Jan 31, 2022
What if they decided they want only food stuff? grin

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by tubosunmii(m): 10:41am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:

where actually did the robbery take place?
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Hassanmaye(m): 10:41am On Jan 31, 2022
Generalwoodz:
Reason why I think people should be allowed to have guns in their homes... Things are getting so hard on daily basis and life is taken away so easily at slightest provocation. Corpses littering our streets like spoiled fruits

Godforbid but imagine they got into your crib. They gonna painfully woop your black ass, beat you thoroughly and leave you so messed up and with blood dripping profusely from your body.
The corntree has morphed to what we can't really control. Prices of virtually everything is sky High and the rate of crime is disturbing and disgustingly high.

People want to make money that has so much lost its value and sad part? They're damn ready to go extreme and get it. Do unbelievable things Like pooping unabashedly in a busy junction where throngs of people pass, showing us their wrinkle and tired yansh

Some Nigerian people are ready to remove, cut off and dismember that head sitting proudly and profoundly on your neck. They are ready to put it into a bag with blood dripping...They call it ritual. They're ready to use their fellow citizens for ritual.

These people are ready to take life they can't create, build or design.

There's too much wahala in this corntree.
Buy guns and keep at home and don't allow what happen to be bygones

The young and old want the money and they can kill for it. It's painful. We all need a gun in our homes. Nigeria is now something else. Wild west? I don't know.
The part where you Said people eat Shit hit me grin

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Bouncin(m): 10:42am On Jan 31, 2022
I can relate to how you felt then. It's a terrible thing bro.
I could remember when I was in keffi. Mehnnn, na senior guys de come rob dia oo. The sound of bullet they spray will make you think they are Boko Haram sef. Not once not twice. We hardly sleep every night cos they come almost every night. Chai! It used to very terrible. I was just hoping on when I will finish my mandatory program so I could run for my dear life. I was so luck my house was never attached but they robbed my close neighbours.
I used to keep better money at home then in case they strike finally grin. Those guys node smile o. On how dem show and you no get anything, your own don finish cos wetin dem go carry Cutlass do your body eeh.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by foreshore(m): 10:43am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:

Na Ajagbandi you dey stay! Don't be deceived, It's not by your trick but God
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Hassanmaye(m): 10:43am On Jan 31, 2022
DEGABA:
The thought of living in an unsecured environment is my greatest concern anytime I am looking for a place to live. Rather than live in an unsafe environment, I would prefer to pay a higher rent in a secured environment.
Look for a safe place where you will be able to sleep like a newborn baby and have peace of mind.
True bro that's why rich people can leave in tenancy of 100m in GRA rather than buy a house of 5m in the terrain of poor people, I understand the wisdom, peace is everything

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by erico2k2(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:

Great stuff.security is the responsibility of all of us.we got to pay 4 it one way or another.This is why I support gated comunities.Every body pays and sleep in peace.
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by erico2k2(m): 10:52am On Jan 31, 2022
Hassanmaye:

True bro that's why rich people can leave in tenancy of 100m in GRA rather than buy a house of 5m in the terrain of poor people, I understand the wisdom, peace is everything
very correct.Gated Estates pay security at night..they monitor who goes in amd out

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by treatise: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2022
God1000:

" they can't handle it" , you would have told them people were " fetching petrol and diesel" behind your house and monies are exchanging hands; kitikata they will run and follow you. I thank God for you.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by jeromeekugbere(m): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2022
I sure say Op for burst cry grin
cl0r0x:
What if they decided they want only food stuff? grin

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Desammyst(m): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2022
Is there no local vigilantee group in your area? They can help in checkmating future occurences.
Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by Igwe29(m): 11:07am On Jan 31, 2022
Those nicompoops have no iota of mercy. They can go the extra mile, as far as chopping off your head with no remorse. Kindness is not recorded in their book.

That was how they stormed my brother's neighborhood. The same neighborhood I lived in with him the past year. They were more than properly armed. The local security men or even the police could tremble at the sound of the heavy gunshots that were fired into the air.

They took siege of the whole area and tamed one of the most dangerous security dogs at the area, it was not untill late in the morning that the dog was found lying helplessly on the ground.

They either requested you quietly unlock your door or have it broken into pieces for you. And when they did, they would leave you in an unrecognizable state with series of brain-resetting and ill-fitting slaps and beatings.

My brother had to climb top-roof of his house ceiling with his friend, saying surreptitious prayers and probably thinking what would become of them when the armed robbers were done with his immediate neighbour.

Fortunately, his only Grace was the padlock he left outside of his door. They thought the tenant wasn't around and they only kicked at the door and hurriedly left.

I don't wish to fall into the hands of those devils. It's indeed not a pleasant experience. Only God can save us from the ferocious devourers who easily make off with people's hard-earned money with reckless abandon.

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me by asthmacoughend(m): 11:15am On Jan 31, 2022
Freestainworld:
They referred you people to another police station, that they can't handle the case, so police station now operates like a hospital.
Referral don Tay now by Police station.Its called Transfer .. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Businessmen Shot Dead In Nkpor, Anambra (Photos) / Pastor, Others Nabbed Over ATM Scam, Burglar / Gay Prophet Calistus Ezeanyaeche Caught With Condom & Stripped Unclad By Mob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.