Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 (53537 Views)

Daylight Robbery Caught On Tape In Mile 12 As Drivers Abandon Vehicles / Hoodlums Carrying Axes Attack A Bus In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / Tochi Nwawuba: 'SARS Arresting Me For Keeping Beard' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Anonymoususher: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2022
My people I greet una

I almost got robbed at mile 2 bridge on Sunday.

My fiancee came to spend the weekend with me so on Sunday we decided to go out and have some fun. Our plan na say from the eatry she go from there dey go house but she forgot her office key at my place so instead of going home we decided to go back to my place first to pick the keys because she needed it the next day at work.

Na so we take go back house ooo before we know 8pm Don clock. Babe didn't want to sleep over, I couldnt drive because mile 2 is always blocked cos of traffic. Most uber drivers don't even like going there so we had to enter danfo.

Bus dropped us at mile 2 Festac side and we needed to walk up a little so she could get a bus or bike heading towards Wilmer.

It was already 9pm and some guys started approaching us. I saw them and quickly changed my steps, my babe didn't know what was happening, I just asked her to give me her phones. She gave them to me, I placed the big one inside my pocket.

The guys approached n surrounded us and were like bring your phone, my babe was scared but I refused to stop walking.

One raised hands and wanted to hit me while another one wanted to drag my girl's bag.

I just said, if them born una well make una hand touch me, be like una want make this Mile 2 and lagos hot for una. Una wan touch soldier, una die well.

Immediately I pretended like I was making call "I said Nasiru, stand at alert, mile 2 on top bridge second lane"

After pretending to make the calls, I stretched the phone towards them and said if they have mind they should take the phone from me... All these while I was walking and talking.

The guys just said awuuaahhh, no vex abeg just find us something. I said una dey mad, instead of to beg for money una wan use force or threaten, I no dey give una again. One by one they just left the scene.

My babe was already cold, we quietly crossed to the other busy lane, entered a bus and started laughing.

What happened was surprising. I didn't know the guts that came to me.

Normal, I don't keep beards (clean shave) and the way I walk most people mistake me for a military guy cos of my height and mode of walking. Coincidentally I was putting on a black top with a black face cap. So seeing a young guy with clean shave they just felt I was a military guy and decided to avoid me.

Thank God for protection sha

765 Likes 55 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Waynesteave: 7:40am On Oct 07, 2022
Go nd listen to style by 2baba, dj jimmy jatt and the rest

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Intoboy(m): 7:43am On Oct 07, 2022
[quote author=Anonymoususher post=117341139]My people I greet una

My fiancee came to spend the weekend with me so on Sunday we decided to go out and have some fun. Our plan na say from the eatry she go from there dey go house but she forgot her office key at my place so instead of going home we decided to go back to my place first to pick the keys because she needed it the next day at work.

Na so we take go back house ooo before we know 8pm Don clock. Babe didn't want to sleep over, I couldnt drive because mile 2 is always blocked cos of traffic. Most uber drivers don't even like going there so we had to enter danfo.

Bus dropped us at mile 2 Festac side and we needed to walk up a little so she could get a bus or bike heading towards Wilmer.

It was already 9pm and some guys started approaching us. I saw them and quickly changed my steps, my babe didn't know what was happening, I just asked her to give me her phones. She gave them to me, I placed the big one inside my pocket.

The guys approached n surrounded us and were like bring your phone, my babe was scared but I refused to stop walking.

One raised hands and wanted to hit me while another one wanted to drag my girl's bag.

I just said, if them born una well make una hand touch me, be like una want make this Mile 2 and lagos hot for una. Una wan touch soldier, una die well.

Immediately I pretended like I was making call "I said Nasiru, stand at alert, mile 2 on top bridge second lane"

After pretending to make the calls, I stretched the phone towards them and said if they have mind they should take the phone from me... All these while I was walking and talking.

The guys just said awuuaahhh, no vex abeg just find us something. I said una dey mad, instead of to beg for money una wan use force or threaten, I no dey give una again. One by one they just left the scene.

My babe was already cold, we quietly crossed to the other busy lane, entered a bus and started laughing.

Normal, I don't keep beards (clean shave) and the way I walk most people mistake me for a military guy cos of my height and mode of walking. Coincidentally I was putting on a black top with a black face cap. So seeing a young guy with clean shave they just felt I was a military guy and decided to avoid me.

Naso dey for collect your phone because of yansh,vote peter obi and leave yansh

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Anonymoususher: 7:49am On Oct 07, 2022
Intoboy:

Naso dey for collect your phone because of yansh,vote peter obi and leave yansh

I expected a response like that but that is my wife to be, introduction has been done na marriage remain.

So beyond nyash, na my wife nyash be that

515 Likes 32 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Millimann: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2022
Smart move from you.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by TheMaharajah: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2022
Y

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Freestainworld(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2022
Those thieves are on nairaland now reading your antics, you are doing well.

179 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Godada(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2022
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by FaceTanke: 9:56am On Oct 07, 2022
Thank God say them no be Ipob o

U for hear am

shocked

36 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by 1x2x3: 9:57am On Oct 07, 2022
TheMaharajah:
You meet learners or you dey exaggerate. Humans get a sixth sence of telling when things no fit wel If to say na serious robbers them for don slap the soldier comot for ya mouth.

Adrenaline that's pumping at that stage can defy that sixth sense. Also remember whoever is robbing is also scared, they usually can't predict what they will face.

277 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Anonymoususher: 10:09am On Oct 07, 2022
TheMaharajah:
You meet learners or you dey exaggerate. Humans get a sixth sence of telling when things no fit wel If to say na serious robbers them for don slap the soldier comot for ya mouth.

Learners OR not, good thing is that I escaped that situation and learnt not to follow that part of mile 2 again at night

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Slynation(m): 10:20am On Oct 07, 2022
Attention please...Do not try this prank in any South Eastern state, I repeat do not engage!!

220 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by general111(m): 10:25am On Oct 07, 2022
grin..
I did something like this too, and the robber was scared to his bones...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by GODPUNISHALABI: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2022
Go try am for anambra as u dey talk say u be soldeir .....dem go don decapitate ur head grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Zonefree(m): 10:37am On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:

I expected a response like that but that is my wife to be, introduction has been done na marriage remain.

Na only you dey bang the nyash now

6 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by eazyduzit: 11:00am On Oct 07, 2022
Congratulations for life and wedding in arrears brother,no evil shall befall us this year and forever.
Anonymoususher:

55 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Slmgirldippussy: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

Omo I had similar experience though I keep.beards.
They wanted to rob me. I mean the awa WA boys. I scream at them U won rob unknown soja. I pretend I was calling Nnamdi Kalu. They hurriedly left me.

14 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Anonymoususher: 11:36am On Oct 07, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Go try am for anambra as u dey talk say u be soldeir .....dem go don decapitate ur head grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

Hahaahha. I no fit try am. Me having clean shave is one of the reasons I haven't traveled to the village since last year. Here in Lagos people always mistake me for a military person, also my walking steps and height doesn't help. People feel I deliberately raise my shoulders up while walking but my sec school friends know better. I have been like that since childhood.

I fear going to east except I will leave my beards to grow for like one month and that's what I don't think I can stand.

I shave everyday cos I don't like seeing hair there

5 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Anonymoususher: 11:38am On Oct 07, 2022
eazyduzit:
Congratulations for life and wedding in arrears brother,no evil shall befall us this year and forever.

Thank you sir. Amen, wish u same

4 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Pells: 11:51am On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

I was one of the thieves yesterday at mile 2
My mind tell me say you no be soldier but my guys loose guard
Damn u get lucky yesterday tongue undecided lipsrsealed

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by XshegzzyeeiX: 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
Pells:

I was one of the thieves yesterday at mile 2
My mind tell me say you no be soldier but my guys loose guard
Damn u get lucky yesterday tongue undecided lipsrsealed
Be careful of what you say on the internet.

You just called yourself a thief.
To what end?

shocked

124 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Vyzz: 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2022
cheesy

She Don dey laugh because u Don chase robbers away na...

Stay for house night Don reach she no go gree hear. Women it's like Una ears are meant for fancy.

Anyways, I will still keep my beards. Dem no go see me..

Even if dey see me, na dem go run

18 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by ipobarethieves: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
cool dem think say u are a security personnel.

Modified. grin grin I talk am even b4 I read.

1 Like

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Only in Nigeria.....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by phemmyfour: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
My people I greet una

Just count yourself lucky..no be by clean shave.
Just one bullet, n you are down. Going forward, no dey follow dem drag again

24 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by harmargedon: 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2022
grin
Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Nobleou(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
Oyi go thank ur God say him save u.
Men without beards are like mango.....

5 Likes

Re: How Not Keeping Beard (Clean Shave) Saved Me From Street Robbers In Mile 2 by Karhma: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:

So funny I forgot to laugh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' / Police Arrest 5 Gay Men For Gang-Raping A Boy In Kano (Photo) / Suspected Yahoo Boys Protest In Osogbo, Osun Against EFCC Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.