Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana (13188 Views)

Lineups Released For The Nigeria Match Against Ghana: Your Thoughts? / Super Eagles Arrive Ghana For World Qualifier Play Offs Against Ghana (Photos) / Ladies Fight Over Maduka Okoye (super Eagles Goalkeeper ) After A Recent Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by shevchenko(m): 1:52pm On Feb 01, 2022
mmsen:
Whose wife did Uzoho knack for him to be treated the way that he has?

He was just injured.
I thought he did al right against sudan but Eguaveon foollshly left him out in second round
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Guide777(m): 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2022
Is it Keeper Maduka that told the strikers to miss chances and not to be creative? Or is it him that told Eguaveon not to match the tactical prowess of the Tunisian Assistant Coach after seeing the obvious change in dynamics of the match in the first half?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by benjanny(m): 1:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yes he should be invited to model our World cup Jersey
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Mixial: 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
No
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by luminouz(m): 2:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Emu4life:

Yes, a single mistake that knocked us out of the Tournament even as Favorite.
Uzoho has proven himself. He was our Goalkeeper at the World Cup 2018, and as far as we can recall, goalkeeper wasn't the reason we got knocked out.
Akpeyi was given chance in Egypt AFCON 2019, he disgraced us against Algeria.
Now Okoye too just disgraced us when we needed him most.
We can't continue with untrustworthy People within our sticks cuz it is a catastrophe waiting to happen.
UZOHO is tested and trusted, he is more reliable.
Goan sleep...elemu!!!
As if you can keep any ball to save your own life.
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Neddstark: 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
Is it because he made one mistake? Show me one keeper that has never made a mistake before. Nigerians are always too quick to give up on pple and funny enough these set of pple are not even perfect in what they do but will demand perfection from others. Uzoho that couldn't last in Laliga is what u guys are recommending to replace Maduka.

Check how many goals he has conceded so far for his club this season.
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Zorn: 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
greatfucker:
I swear to God uzoho is far better than that okoye
so why is uzoho playing from the bench?
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by yinkeys(m): 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
All our goalies are below average
The goal keeping coaching crew should make do with the best goal keeper in the NPFL
Why are we settling for less.

We’ve not had a good goalie since Carl Ikeme
Can’t believe Alampasu doesn’t have a club

1 Like

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by planetx: 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2022
yinkeys:
All our goalies are below average
The goal keeping coaching crew should make do with the best goal keeper in the NPFL
Why are we settling for less.

We’ve not had a good goalie since Carl Ikeme
What later happened to that guy? I knew he had some medical challenge.
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Rickylambert: 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2022
He should be invited,he only need to be cautioned on how to avoid distractions wen on duty.The entire team was awful against Tunisia.So it will be unfair to judge him by the result of that particular match.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by yinkeys(m): 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2022
planetx:
What later happened to that guy? I knew he had some medical challenge.
Had to retire because of Leukemia
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Brian47(m): 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2022
Because of one small mistake, una no want make he keep again.
Show me one goal keeper wey neva make mistakes and I'll show you a cat with elephant penis

1 Like

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Joysammy: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
As far as I am concerned, Okoye is not a goalkeeper but a bundle of disappointment.

They should look for someone who will not give ball away so cheaply.

Hence my answer is 'CAPITAL NO'
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Drrr: 2:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
Uzohor is far better than that useless Okoye, we don't need fine boy in goal keeping unit but a quality and dedicated goal keeper not the one busy chasing women online while competition was going on whereas he was supposed to be concentrated at the camp.Uzohor and Ezenwa are still Far better than that useless Okoye that always conceive goals anytime he keeps except few matches he narrowly managed to escape goals.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Drrr: 2:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
Uzohor is far better than that useless Okoye, we don't need fine boy in goal keeping unit but a quality and dedicated goal keeper not the one busy chasing women online while competition was going on whereas he was supposed to be concentrated at the camp.Uzohor and Ezenwa are still Far better than that useless Okoye that always conceive goals anytime he keeps except few matches he narrowly managed to escape goals.
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by phemmyfour: 2:29pm On Feb 01, 2022
shevchenko:

Yes or No

I choose No
Emphatic NO
Any shot from the midfield is a goal
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by gannod(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
Why not? He is still young, there is room for improvement.

1 Like

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by goshen26: 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ambrose Vanzekin or Dele Alampasu or Adeboye
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by safarigirl(f): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
So, after taking this survey, we will take the opinions of all these armchair analysts into consideration and send it to NFF

Based on the expert knowledge then, of Nairaland football hunchos, NFF will send out invites to all the players we would prefer?

Y'all are funny. Una never know wetin dey really worry una
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Soso990240(m): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
Cmanforall:

Go and find your mates to insult... or better direct this to your parents
I actually referred to ur parents.
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Zainabthegirl1(f): 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yes now
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by safarigirl(f): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2022
goshen26:
Ambrose Vanzekin or Dele Alampasu or Adeboye

Do you know the state of these people's careers currently or are you just reeling out names?
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by streetsoldier1(m): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
If you say no then who would we use is it Apheyi or Uzoho or Eczenwa?

see maduka for post.He is not a serious being, he just came to catch cruise. I said it from onset that he will be the undoings of the eagles and he didnt disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by goshen26: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2022
safarigirl:

Do you know the state of these people's careers currently or are you just reeling out names?

Safari lemme ooo
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Rayd502(m): 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
shevchenko:

Yes or No

I choose No

That goal he conceded can beat the best of keepers,the ball bounced on the way to the goal post,making it tricky to save.

Abeg cut him some slack.
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Zionzoom(m): 2:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
00FFT00:

Wetin your swear go come do am bros?

nothing oga mi grin
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by Maobichek: 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
Emu4life:

Yes, a single mistake that knocked us out of the Tournament even as Favorite.
Uzoho has proven himself. He was our Goalkeeper at the World Cup 2018, and as far as we can recall, goalkeeper wasn't the reason we got knocked out.
Akpeyi was given chance in Egypt AFCON 2019, he disgraced us against Algeria.
Now Okoye too just disgraced us when we needed him most.
We can't continue with untrustworthy People within our sticks cuz it is a catastrophe waiting to happen.
UZOHO is tested and trusted, he is more reliable.

I'm not holding brief for Okoye but talking about mistake; do you know how many times Yobo scored own goal at Everton? The only defenders we have now are Ekong and Zaidu the rest are average base on their performance.

Lastly, those talking about home base goalkeeper, do they have the confidence? Confidence is important in goal keeping and defense; an attacker can make a mistake and it will be forgotten but if a goal keeper or defender make mistake, it's always unforgettable.
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by mamaafrik(m): 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
The Best strategy is to make everyone compete for the shirt.
Go to the local league and harvest goalie since we have over 36 keeper.
Why depend on one
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by kmaster007: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
Make dem no try call am... Keeper way dey do fine boi for Field
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by SeunNotOwner: 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yea bring him in
.... Enyeama did not become a legend in a night nor Kanehmi of Cameroon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by shevchenko(m): 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
[s]
SeunTheOwner:
Yea bring him in
.... Enyeama did not become a legend in a night nor Kanehmi of Cameroon
[/s]

Enyeama did not f u ck up
Re: Opinion- Should Maduka Okoye Be Invited To The Match Against Ghana by CXLVII: 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
guobe:
We need to know who is really our best goalkeepers both playing in the npfl here in Nigeria and abroad.We have very good goalkeepers in the Nigerian league and as an advocate of Nigerian league players,I prefer the Nigerian league goalkeepers.

In a country where abroad is celebrated.

Local players will never get that chance unless they make it to Europe.

No coach wants to scout and world like the then Clement Westerhof

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trent Alexander-Arnold Wins Premier League Player Of The Month Award / CAF Awards Holds At 6:30pm Today. / Nigerian's First World Boxing Champion Hogan Kid Bassey Winning The Belt (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.