Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. (800 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m / Albert Einstein Is Wiser Than God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by Workch: 1:03am On Jan 31, 2022
"I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.”

- Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner Jr, July 2, 1945, responding to a rumor that a Jesuit priest had caused Einstein to convert from atheism; quoted by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic, Vol. 5, No. 2

If one assumes that the man knew what he was then he may well have been an atheist, at least he was when he made the above statement.
In other communication he calls religions, even his birthright of Judaism childish…

“…the word 'god' is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

He went on, "…the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

So draw whatever conclusions you like…

2 Likes

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by paxonel(m): 1:59am On Jan 31, 2022
Lies! Lies! Lies!

where are your reference or links?

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by GodIsBiafran: 2:34am On Jan 31, 2022
Most top scientists do not believe in God. The ones who believe in God do not believe in the personal god of the chrisitians and mooslems.

2 Likes

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by Workch: 11:37am On Jan 31, 2022
paxonel:
Lies! Lies! Lies!

where are your reference or links?
You are asking for reference when there are references in the post. Its either you are lazy to read or lazy to search for the reference on google or you totally dont understand the term called reference

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
At least he is and will forever be better than pastors who milk gullible persons by feeding lies to them..

2 Likes

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by Mystic969: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
He believed in the supernatural
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mystic969:
Don't mind them.

Let them keep deceiving themselves trying by all means to prove the existence of their imaginary intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by jmoore(m): 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
When did Einstein become the superior authority on whether God exists or not?
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by paxonel(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
Workch:
You are asking for reference when there are references in the post. Its either you are lazy to read or lazy to search for the reference on google or you totally dont understand the term called reference
upload a link to any of the reference you claim you wrote in the op if you are not lying.
Who cares about reading through your lies?

Meanwhile, check a Wikipedia report about him contrary to your deluded op that he was an atheist

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by Workch: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2022
paxonel:
upload a link to any of the reference you claim you wrote in the op if you are not lying.

Meanwhile, check a Wikipedia report about him contrary to your deluded op that he was an atheist
You are the deluded sole here.
Albert is atheist. He's agnostic atheist. I can give you 100s of the writtens where he stated that. Maybe your post was before he finally became atheist.
Even on his sick bed, he based relgion. You live under a rock?
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by paxonel(m): 7:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
Workch:
You are the deluded sole here.
Albert is atheist. He's agnostic atheist. I can give you 100s of the writtens where he stated that. Maybe your post was before he finally became atheist.
Even on his sick bed, he based relgion. You live under a rock?
OK,

Agnostic atheist

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by elated177: 11:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
Workch:
"I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.”

- Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner Jr, July 2, 1945, responding to a rumor that a Jesuit priest had caused Einstein to convert from atheism; quoted by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic, Vol. 5, No. 2

If one assumes that the man knew what he was then he may well have been an atheist, at least he was when he made the above statement.
In other communication he calls religions, even his birthright of Judaism childish…

“…the word 'god' is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

He went on, "…the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

So draw whatever conclusions you like…

Ehe?
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by LordReed(m): 5:34am On Feb 01, 2022
Mystic969:

He did not.
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by LordReed(m): 5:35am On Feb 01, 2022
paxonel:

Read this:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2020/fine-books-and-manuscripts-including-the-eric-c-caren-collection/einstein-albert-typed-letter-signed-a-einstein-to
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by Workch: 6:19am On Feb 01, 2022
Mystic969:
nope, he didn't sir.
Inform yourself. It's impossible to be that smart and still believe in God
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by Workch: 6:21am On Feb 01, 2022
paxonel:
OK,

Agnostic atheist
written by Albert Einstein himself.
Religious people don't research and that's why you believe whatever nonsense

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by paxonel(m): 12:07pm On Feb 01, 2022
LordReed:

Read this:

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2020/fine-books-and-manuscripts-including-the-eric-c-caren-collection/einstein-albert-typed-letter-signed-a-einstein-to
thank you.

This one is much better.

But still, there are no indication in the letter that he actually died as an atheist, right?

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by LordReed(m): 1:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
paxonel:
thank you.

This one is much better.

But still, there are no indication in the letter that he actually died as an atheist, right?

Was there indication he died as a Christian or as an adherent of any other religion?

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
At least he is and will forever be better than pastors who milk gullible persons by feeding lies to them..
I will chase you out of nairaland
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ihebu4chelsea:
I will chase you out of nairaland
Then that's gonna prove that you have my time.. cheesy
You do anyhow baby boy you get banned aiit.. grin

You opened this account about 7yrs ago and you want to end it by doing nonsense?
Let me keep laughing..you do anything funny you get banned.. grin
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Then that's gonna prove that you have my time.. cheesy
You do anyhow baby boy you get banned aiit.. grin

You opened this account about 7yrs ago and you want to end it by doing nonsense?
Let me keep laughing..you do anything funny you get banned.. grin
Must you comment on every thread You are just everywhere!!! Ahhh
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ihebu4chelsea:
Must you comment on every thread You are just everywhere!!! Ahhj
But my comment did not hurt you tho neither did I even insult you..but you called me stupid which ain't nice.. cry cry
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

But my comment did not hurt you tho neither did I even insult you..but you called me stupid which ain't nice.. cry cry
I'm sorry.... But rest small nah.
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by CoolUsername: 4:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Bro, Albert Einstein could literally have been the Pope or an Ayatollah for that matter and it would still not make the existence of God more likely.
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by paxonel(m): 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
LordReed:

Was there indication he died as a Christian or as an adherent of any other religion?
Google search of Wikipedia account says he was Agnostic, not and atheist.
It follows that though he may be an atheist at some point, but he never ended as an atheist but as agnostist
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by LordReed(m): 8:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
paxonel:
Google search of Wikipedia account says he was Agnostic, not and atheist.
It follows that though he may be an atheist at some point, but he never ended as an atheist but as agnostist
Agnostic about what? What is the definition of agnostic and how does it apply to Einstein?
Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by paxonel(m): 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
LordReed:
Agnostic about what? What is the definition of agnostic
check the screen shot below.

Agnostic is the position characterized by uncertainty about the existence of God.
Unlike Atheists who are certain that God do not exist as if they are very sure

and how does it apply to Einstein?
Einstein probably was an atheist initially and claimed to be very sure. But as the man was becoming more knowledgeable, at some point he changed his position about the existence of God and landed at a final conclusion which was "I DON'T KNOW WHETHER GOD EXIST OR NOT ". That was a very sincere and a better position than atheism. Hence, Wikipedia wrote that he was agnostic.

Now, for the op to come here and start affirming that Eintern was intelligent because he was an atheist, is a grade 1 fallacy he committed there.
Because, there are no intelligence affirming what you don't know about in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Was An Atheist. by LordReed(m): 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
paxonel:
check the screen shot below.

Agnostic is the position characterized by uncertainty about the existence of God.
Unlike Atheists who are certain that God do not exist as if they are very sure
Einstein probably was an atheist initially and claimed to be very sure. But as the man was becoming more knowledgeable, at some point he changed his position about the existence of God and landed at a final conclusion which was "I DON'T KNOW WHETHER GOD EXIST OR NOT ". That was a very sincere and a better position than atheism. Hence, Wikipedia wrote that he was agnostic.

Not all atheists declare that they are certain there is no God. I for one describe myself as an agnostic-atheist because while do not have any belief in a god or gods I am not certain that God's exist or not so you are wrong to say that because Einstein described himself as agnostic he therefore couldn't have been an atheist.

Now, for the op to come here and start affirming that Eintern was intelligent because he was an atheist, is a grade 1 fallacy he committed there.
Because, there are no intelligence affirming what you don't know about in the first place.

Wrong again. The OP never made such a declaration, perhaps your prejudice against atheists is what is giving you that impression.

(1) (Reply)

Keys To Answered Prayer (1) / Get A Free Bible Giveaway! 2 hours left! / Which Church In Nigeria Has The Largest Youth Population? COZA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.