Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Keys To Answered Prayer (1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Keys To Answered Prayer (1) (812 Views)

Science Recognises The Power Of Prayer (1) / PASTOR O.O ABEL NEW MONTH PROPHETIC PRAYER 1 / 7 Keys To Wealth And Greatness For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Btruth: 6:06am On Jun 05, 2022
Keys To Answered Prayer (1)

Sun, 5 Jun 2022

‘We must believe that God is real and rewards everyone who searches for Him.’ Hebrews 11:6

Just as the right key opens the door, there are Scriptural principles that act as keys to prayer. For the next few days, let’s look at them. Faith. ‘Without faith no one can please God. We must believe that God is real and rewards everyone who searches for Him.’ (Hebrews 11:6 CEV) God doesn’t necessarily respond to your need. Look around and you will see that everyone has unmet needs. So what does God respond to? Your faith!

But Satan will try to fill your mind with doubts. And when he does, you need to examine your heart and see what it says. You can believe God’s Word in your heart even when your mind questions it. So stand on what’s in your heart instead of what’s in your head. Sometimes doubt begins with distraction. When you’re distracted from God’s promises, you start to doubt. And as you focus more and more on your problems, your faith begins to waver. When that happens, you must refocus like a laser on God’s promises—and merely glance at your problems. Don’t try to deny them, but don’t give them undue attention.

The Bible says: ‘When you ask for something, you must have faith and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like an ocean wave tossed around in a storm. If you are that kind of person, you can’t make up your mind, and you surely can’t be trusted. So don’t expect the Lord to give you anything at all.’ (James 1:6–8 CEV)

Stay anchored to God’s Word, and don’t drift all over the place when your circumstances begin to change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 2:24am On Apr 02, 2023
Btruth:
Keys To Answered Prayer (1) Sun, 5 Jun 2022 ‘We must believe that God is real and rewards everyone who searches for Him.’ Hebrews 11:6

Just as the right key opens the door, there are Scriptural principles that act as keys to prayer. For the next few days, let’s look at them. Faith. ‘Without faith no one can please God. We must believe that God is real and rewards everyone who searches for Him.’ (Hebrews 11:6 CEV) God doesn’t necessarily respond to your need. Look around and you will see that everyone has unmet needs. So what does God respond to? Your faith!
According to Scripture, God does not answer the prayer of sinners — He doesn't even answer their prayers of forgiveness either — meaning that so long as one remains a slave to sin, God will not going to answer even one prayer said by such a one. The prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to God. What that means is that unless one first rids oneself of one's sin debt, not even one prayer will be answered by the Almighty, even if unto death. So, the one and only key to getting answers to prayer is Righteousness, and righteousness is only obtained by way of a life lived in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Btruth: 5:12am On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
According to Scripture, God does not answer the prayer of sinners — He doesn't even answer their prayers of forgiveness either — meaning that so long as one remains a slave to sin, God will not going to answer even one prayer said by such a one. The prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to God. What that means is that unless one first rids oneself of one's sin debt, not even one prayer will be answered by the Almighty, even if unto death. So, the one and only key to getting answers to prayer is Righteousness, and righteousness is only obtained by way of a life lived in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
you are right sir.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 6:04am On Apr 02, 2023
Btruth:
you are right sir.
If you believe that then why do you preach these antichrist lies using the name of God? undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Btruth: 7:57am On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you believe that then why do you preach these antichrist lies using the name of God? undecided
it is never an anti-christ message. Get your facts together. Been a sinner doesn't mean one is not privilege to God's mercy. Christ came because of the sinners though.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 8:06am On Apr 02, 2023
Btruth:
it is never an anti-christ message. Get your facts together. Been a sinner doesn't mean one is not privilege to God's mercy. Christ came because of the sinners though.
What has God's mercy to do with this topic? undecided

Or is it that you think God's mercy is some sort of tool with the ability to cause God to change His mind leading to God the answering the prayers of a sinner against His own declaration. Do you really think that God is some sort of fool that is easily manipulated in such a way? If you don't understand what God's mercy is about, I suggest you take time to learn what it is so you do not make a fool of your God by your own declarations. undecided

That Jesus Christ came because of sinners does not then mean God has changed His mind abeg. God said, and Jesus Christ reassured that God does not answer the prayers of sinners...not even their petitions for forgiveness are answered by God. That means no sinner will ever see or know God's Love in Jesus Christ without first abandoning entirely the ways of sin - John 15 vs 9 - 11. undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Btruth: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What has God's mercy to do with this topic? undecided

Or is it that you think God's mercy is some sort of tool with the ability to cause God to change His mind leading to God the answering the prayers of a sinner against His own declaration. Do you really think that God is some sort of fool that is easily manipulated in such a way? If you don't understand what God's mercy is about, I suggest you take time to learn what it is so you do not make a fool of your God by your own declarations. undecided

That Jesus Christ came because of sinners does not then mean God has changed His mind abeg. God said, and Jesus Christ reassured that God does not answer the prayers of sinners...not even their petitions for forgiveness are answered by God. That means no sinner will ever see or know God's Love in Jesus Christ without first abandoning entirely the ways of sin - John 15 vs 9 - 11. undecided
I honestly don't have time to engage someone like you. Hold unto your believe of God, while I stick to mine. Mine God is a God of mercy. Human righteousness is filthy in His presence. I only believe in His mercy.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The prayers of the unrighteous are an abomination to God.

Please note that unrighteous means someone who lives a sinful life, not a born again Christian that commits a sin.
Righteousness is not obtained by way of life. Righteousness is not by works but by faith in Jesus. The mistake most of us make as Christians is that we focus on ourselves instead of focusing on Jesus.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 10:02am On Apr 02, 2023
crows2ravens:
■ Please note that unrighteous means someone who lives a sinful life, not a born again Christian that commits a sin.
■Righteousness is not obtained by way of life.
■ Righteousness is not by works but by faith in Jesus. ■ The mistake most of us make as Christians is that we focus on ourselves instead of focusing on Jesus.
1. If Jesus Christ taught that all those who will end up in Hell are equally all born-again given that they all possess eternal life as a result of their belief in Him --- hell is place people live eternal life in eternal damnation-- , What makes you think being born-again means you are no longer a sinner? undecided

2. By way of what life? Where did you get that from? undecided

3. Righteousness is not by works(obedience) meaning that when Jesus Christ commanded that you seek(action/work implied) first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness in order that all things may be added to you, you think Jesus Christ was simply foolish around then? undecided

When Jesus Christ told you the parable of the 10 virgins to illustrate how only those who pay careful attention to do the work necessary to earn them a place with the Bridegroom until the end --- those who ensure they have extra oil for their lamps --- you think Jesus Christ was only messing around? undecided

In Genesis 26 vs 5 God explained to you that the faith that Abraham had was that born of continuous obedience(works) of His teachings and commandments -- that was what endeared Abraham to God earning Him a place as God's friend- John 15 vs 14. Any other kind of faith that you imagine holds no meaning to God. undecided

If your focus was truly on Jesus Christ, you would, as He commands, trust and obey His every teachings and commandments in order to become His friend (righteousness), like Abraham did. undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If Jesus Christ taught that all those who will end up in Hell are equally all born-again given that they all possess eternal life as a result of their belief in Him --- hell is place people live eternal life in eternal damnation-- , What makes you think being born-again means you are no longer a sinner? ......
You're getting it all mixed up. Don't forget it's written in the scripture that you should "carefully divide the word of truth".
We became the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ. Righteousness according to old testament is a different concept from new testament. So if you want to talk about righteousness from the new covenant perspective, stick to new testament, please.
Carefully read Romans 7 and Romans 8, asking Holy Spirit's help. You will get what I mean.
Jesus gave only two commandments - love God, love mankind. Why? Because He fulfilled the requirements of the old law on our behalf.
IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO FULFILL ALL THE COMMANDMENTS THAT MAKES US RIGHTEOUS. Our souls are redeemed, but our flesh is not yet redeemed, reason why sin cannot be 0% in a Christian's life no matter how hard you try. Don't get me wrong, "he that is born of God doesn't (intentionally, willfully and habitually commit) sin..." (AMP). But it doesn't mean there are no unintentional, or unrepitetive sins. Christians struggle with sins everyday because they think it's their work of dos and don'ts that make them righteous, instead of simply following the lead of the Holy Spirit 24*7.
This is a long discuss, but read Romans 7-8 chapters.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
One powerful weapon the devil uses against Christians is to make us feel that we're sinners and unworthy of being heard by our father, this waters down our faith and then our prayers bear feather weight.
If anyone thinks they're righteous because they don't commit sin, they are practicing self-righteousness, and saying they don't need Jesus to even die on the cross. He died because we are weak, and no Matter how much self-discipline we have, we will always falter in one way or the other, with many unknown and unconscious sins.

Note - sin is not until you fornicate or lie. The moment the Spirit is suggesting to you to wear blue clothes to work on Tuesday and you wear white, you have sinned. It's that simple. Sin is merely disobedience to God's command, whether it's written in the Bible, or it's spoken to your heart.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2023
crows2ravens:
■ We became the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ. Righteousness according to old testament is a different concept from new testament. So if you want to talk about righteousness from the new covenant perspective, stick to new testament, please.
■ Jesus gave only two commandments - love God, love mankind. Why? Because He fulfilled the requirements of the old law on our behalf.
IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO FULFILL ALL THE COMMANDMENTS THAT MAKES US RIGHTEOUS.
■ Our souls are redeemed, but our flesh is not yet redeemed, reason why sin cannot be 0% in a Christian's life no matter how hard you try. Don't get me wrong, "he that is born of God doesn't (intentionally, willfully and habitually commit) sin..." (AMP). But it doesn't mean there are no unintentional, or unrepitetive sins. Christians struggle with sins everyday because they think it's their work of dos and don'ts that make them righteous, instead of simply following the lead of the Holy Spirit 24*7.
1. If you have indeed become the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ, then why did Jesus Christ instead tell you that He will return to judge you and the others? Why didn't Jesus Christ simply tell you that you have become the righteousness of God? Rather Jesus Christ said that it is only if you obey His teachings and commandments that you are one of His - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 7 - 11. undecided

I hate to tell you this but you have definitely been reading that book upside down because none of what you claim is of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Stop with the attempts to use Paul to deceive yourself away from heeding the Word of God, Jesus Christ. Let God be true and all men — including Paul — be liars. Jesus Christ, the one who you claim is God over you, said that in His Kingdom, only those who obey His teachings and commandments — almost 100 of them— become Sons of God, Holy vessels for the Spirit of Truth to inhabit - John 8 vs 31- 36. Is Jesus Christ a Liar to you? undecided

3. If Jesus Christ really did do everything you claim, then you should not have any problem pointing exactly where in His teachings — the Gospel and Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God — where He said this, right? So, please go ahead, Show us exactly where all you claim is found in the Gospels. undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If you have indeed become the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ, then why did Jesus Christ instead tell you that He will return to judge you and the others? Why didn't Jesus Christ simply tell you that you have become the righteousness of God? Rather Jesus Christ said that it is only if you obey His teachings and commandments that you are one of His - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 7 - 11. undecided

I hate to tell you this but you have definitely been reading that book upside down because none of what you claim is of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Stop with the attempts to use Paul to deceive yourself away from heeding the Word of God, Jesus Christ. Let God be true and all men — including Paul — be liars. Jesus Christ, the one who you claim is God over you, said that in His Kingdom, only those who obey His teachings and commandments — almost 100 of them— become Sons of God, Holy vessels for the Spirit of Truth to inhabit - John 8 vs 31- 36. Is Jesus Christ a Liar to you? undecided

3. If Jesus Christ really did do everything you claim, then you should not have any problem pointing exactly where in His teachings — the Gospel and Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God — where He said this, right? So, please go ahead, Show us exactly where all you claim is found in the Gospels. undecided

Oh sorry, I thought I was speaking to a born again Christian.
My previous posts are for people who call themselves Christians (orthodox), or born again Christians (Pentecostal).
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2023
crows2ravens:
Oh sorry, I thought I was speaking to a born again Christian.
My previous posts are for people who call themselves Christians (orthodox), or born again Christians (Pentecostal).
1. I am instead a follower of Jesus Christ, aware that religion is built on a foundation of lies and delusions as Jesus Christ made clear in His Gospel to His followers. undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am instead a follower of Jesus Christ, aware that religion is built on a foundation of lies and delusions as Jesus Christ made clear in His Gospel to His followers. undecided

We're even then.
We'd certainly agree to some things. I know the church is teaching less than 10% relevant truth these days, and that is why Christianity has a lot of issues today.
Jesus said His yoke is easy and His burden is light, but "men of God" have placed additional (anti-scriptural) burden on people, either intentionally or due to their own misunderstanding, or both. So many Christians struggle under these heavy burdens of religion.
Church history and canonisation of the gospels bears begs a lot questions, so I understand your position.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2023
crows2ravens:
■ We're even then. We'd certainly agree to some things.
■ I know the church is teaching less than 10% relevant truth these days, and that is why Christianity has a lot of issues today.
■ Jesus said His yoke is easy and His burden is light, but "men of God" have placed additional (anti-scriptural) burden on people, either intentionally or due to their own misunderstanding, or both.
■ So many Christians struggle under these heavy burdens of religion.
Church history and canonisation of the gospels bears begs a lot questions, so I understand your position.
1. I highly doubt that. If you don't even agree with Jesus Christ being the Law and Truth of God alone in the Kingdom of God, I doubt we can agree on anything else. undecided

2. No be the same bible wey you get for hand your pastors and churches carry so? Why can't you read for yourself in order to gain wisdom directly from God assuming you actually care to know God for yourself? undecided

3. Open your eyes and mind abeg! What Jesus Christ said of His yoke being light in Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 was in comparison to the heavy yoke and burden of the Old Law. The Old Law of Moses had approximately 613 commandments attached which the people were expected to live in compliance with — the yoke— in addition to the curse placed by God on those who refused to obey the Law — the burden. In contrast to that, Jesus Christ offered the people a lighter yoke — less than 100 commandments and teachings — and an easy burden compared with the curse and load of the Old Law. In that same passage, Jesus Christ urged the people to accept(and obey) His teaching and learn from Him in order to be able to benefit from His yoke as opposed to the Old.

4. Here's the problem. Jesus Christ warned you against following religion — the doctrines and traditions of men— which He clearly stated were lies that are woven by men who seek to deceive and delude you away from following that which He in fact taught to His followers - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. By submitting your life and mind to your religion of Christianity, you actually submit yourself to being deceived away from God. So, I am not certain who you are preaching to. undecided

** By the way, Jesus Christ also made it clear in His Gospel that He was sent by God only to the Lost sheep of Israel - Matthew 15 vs 22 - 24 & Matthew 10 vs 5-6 & Matthew 7 vs 6 - meaning that if you are not of the literal blood of Jacob, you cannot have a part in Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
crows2ravens:
Carefully read Romans 7 and Romans 8, asking Holy Spirit's help. You will get what I mean. This is a long discuss, but read Romans 7-8 chapters.
On a completely different topic entirely, did you know that your summations regarding the writings of Paul in the chapters you mentioned are all in error? Paul never said any of what you claim at all. As a matter of fact, he instead agrees with Jesus Christ on most things. The problem is the religious establishment adopted this special interpretation practice where individuals inject their private delusions between the lines of Paul's letters, pretending that Paul provides them some sort of loophole around the teachings and commandments proclaimed by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

What makes it even sadder is that Paul's letters do not even come close to addressing over 98.9% of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ found in the 4 Gospels. So those of you who pretend you follow Paul instead of Jesus Christ, end up without real knowledge of Jesus Christ and His Gospels. undecided

Anyways, if you would like to dig deeper into what Paul is in fact saying in his letter to the Romans on another thread, let's do so. undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I highly doubt that. If you don't even agree with Jesus Christ being the Law and Truth of God alone in the Kingdom of God, I doubt we can agree on anything else. ....

You sound embittered, really. You can't love Jesus and hate the church, no matter how wrong they are. You're so engrossed in your thoughts that you don't see my point. You make lots of wrong assumptions about what you think I believe. You're even arguing against things I argued against. I never said I'm religious, church-type, or follower of pastors' teachings. As a matter of fact they would consider me rebellious, I have my own set of beliefs.
You claim to know so much about the teachings of Jesus but you miss the main ingredient - salt makes the taste of other ingredients come out. The Holy Spirit is who I'm talking of.
There are things I know that I don't say openly when it comes to Christianity. Not many Christians can have some of those knowledge and keep their faith. I thank God for grace. That's why I always try to understand where someone is coming from before I debate with them.
If I get started on the Bible you're quoting with all authority, how it was canonised and translated, and the issues therein.... But the truth is I can only say those things if I think it will benefit you.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Apr 03, 2023
crows2ravens:
■ You sound embittered, really.
■ You can't love Jesus and hate the church, no matter how wrong they are. You're so engrossed in your thoughts that you don't see my point. ■ You make lots of wrong assumptions about what you think I believe. You're even arguing against things I argued against. I never said I'm religious, church-type, or follower of pastors' teachings. As a matter of fact they would consider me rebellious, I have my own set of beliefs.
■ You claim to know so much about the teachings of Jesus but you miss the main ingredient - salt makes the taste of other ingredients come out. The Holy Spirit is who I'm talking of.
■ There are things I know that I don't say openly when it comes to Christianity. Not many Christians can have some of those knowledge and keep their faith.
■I thank God for grace. That's why I always try to understand where someone is coming from before I debate with them.
If I get started on the Bible you're quoting with all authority, how it was canonised and translated, and the issues therein.... But the truth is I can only say those things if I think it will benefit you.
1. I am embittered for stating that I doubt if I can agree with anyone who puts Jesus Christ in the backseat behind the doctrines and traditions of men, right? OK. undecided

2. Where exactly did Jesus Christ inform you that you cannot love Him if you don't love what you refer to as your church? undecided

3. So, you were not referring to yourself when you indicated that your previous posts were meant Christians (orthodox), or born again Christians (Pentecostal)? undecided

4. According to Jesus Christ's very own teachings, I cannot have the Holy Spirit until I am myself a Holy vessel worthy of the Spirit of God to come live inside of my person, and that will only happen after I have been set free by the Knowing of the Truth of God - John 8 vs 31 - 36. So I guess what you are trying to tell me is that you are already a Holy individual full of the knowledge of the Truth of God and have been set free from slavery to sin by the Truth of God through continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law, and Constitution in the Kingdom of God? undecided

5. Things you know that are beyond Jesus Christ or things that you know that are backed by the teachings of Jesus Christ, and the Prophets? :- Are you unable to provide scripture to substantiate any of what you claim to know or what? undecided

6. The grace of God refers to the Eternal life that is gifted to all those who believe. And as James hinted, even demons and devils believe... they too have eternal life as spirits. lipsrsealed

7. So, your concern is the origins of scripture and its canonization. It kinda seems that you are somehow convinced still that the history of the book and its canonization (as far as the religions of men) need to carry some serious weight as far as the legitimacy of the Word of God contained within the book is concerned. Am I right? Well, I can definitively state that all that are meaningless distractions for those who don't know who their God is. undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
On a completely different topic entirely, did you know that your summations regarding the writings....

You have no allegiance to Paul, so you can choose to disagree with him, even if you agree with Jesus.

John 16:13 - "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth..." And till today we're still being guided. That is what gave credence to all the epistles and letters in the new testament. The preceding verse Jesus said He had many things yet to say, but they would be too much, meaning there are still teachings we will receive from the Holy Spirit.
Besides, Paul was talking to specific people in specific situations, so his letters might not accurately fit in to other people's lives and situations. If you're not one of those people in
those situations, he might sound out of context to you.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On Apr 03, 2023
crows2ravens:
■You have no allegiance to Paul, so you can choose to disagree with him, even if you agree with Jesus.
■ John 16:13 - "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth..." And till today we're still being guided.
■ That is what gave credence to all the epistles and letters in the new testament. The preceding verse Jesus said He had many things yet to say, but they would be too much, meaning there are still teachings we will receive from the Holy Spirit.

■ Besides, Paul was talking to specific people in specific situations, so his letters might not accurately fit in to other people's lives and situations. If you're not one of those people in those situations, he might sound out of context to you.
1. Why in the world would I have allegiance to Paul? Am I crazy? undecided

2. That is the very same Spirit of Truth who in John 14 vs 15-27 Jesus Christ made clear could only inhabit those who live their lives in continuous submission to His teachings and commandments — those who love Him. So, again, my question remains, how can one who does not believe that submission and obedience are the only way to a life in Jesus Christ have that which Jesus Christ made clear is only available only to those who submit and obey His Law? undecided

3. Paul was in fact talking to a specific audience, one you lot conveniently ignore so you can instead go on misrepresenting his statements in your many unscriptural sermons. Paul's primary audience happened to be His Jewish brethren. This he made clear in almost every single epistle of His. Secondary was the Gentiles who also happen to be Israelites, those of them cursed and scattered all over the world by God. The problem however is that the lot of you have convinced yourselves that in an antiChrist fashion, God had instead extended the Gospel which God meant only for the House of Israel to the dogs — none israelites —whom God warned that His agreement is not meant for. It isn't a context issue at all but a belief issue on the part of you churchians thinking that somehow you can use the words of Paul to reasonably circumvent God's own declarations. undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am embittered for stating that I doubt if I can agree with anyone who puts Jesus Christ in the backseat behind the doctrines and traditions of men, right? OK....

SMH. Bro it's not fight, you can relax your tone a bit.
1. Your tone is completely antagonistic, that's the point. More like you're angry. It's just a discussion, not a quarrel.
2. Can someone say hey "I love you, but I want nothing to do with your children?" As a parent, you'd know how that'd make you feel.
3. Pentecostals have slightly different opinions from orthodox on that matter, but in today's context, I'd refer to myself as a Christian. But that doesn't mean I agree with many church doctrines. Maybe the question you should instead be asking is what are my beliefs, then you'll have a suitable response. All your responses are prejudiced based on assumptions.
4. You cannot make yourself a holy vessel without the Holy Spirit in you, I'm sure you picked up your belief from church teachings. No matter how hard you try, "...our righteousness are as filthy rags...(Isaiah 64:6)". Point to the exact place in the Bible where Jesus said you must make yourself holy as condition to receive the Holy Spirit. But "Luke 11:13, Jesus said you ask to receive the Holy Spirit".
5. You should find out why we have different Bible versions, and why many contextual meanings are lost in translation. I don't know what you read, but do you know that the modern Bible is compiled based on the doctrinal beliefs of the early church? Do you know some translations were done to English based on doctrines and even "political" undertones? Do you know the process Bible canonisation went through? Do you know churches in Eastern Europe and Ethiopia have different bibles, and they think we in the West are wrong to add/remove some books? When you pick up a Bible to read, pray for the Holy Spirit's revelation, else 80% of what you're reading (esp. new testament) is based on the (early) church doctrines you claim to reject.
6. You say you have no business with Paul's teachings but you quote James's teachings. What criteria do you use to choose the teachings acceptable to you?
7. "1 Thessalonians 5: 21 - Prove all things, hold fast that which is good". If you accept the Bible the way it is, you're contradicting yourself, because you're following the doctrines of the early church. The Bible is a compilation of different scripts written over thousands of years apart. If you have so much mistrust for the church, why do you trust what they compiled for you, without questioning their rationale?

I've done my personal study and I'm convinced about what I believe. As a matter of fact I have my own set of doctrines, and I trust the Holy Spirit to help me in areas that are yet to be solid. No one knows it all, not the Pope or any G.O. Paul corrected Peter (who was with Jesus all through, and the rock) at some point. If Peter's actions warranted correction at a time, no G.O. or even you can say you know it all!
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
crows2ravens:
2. Can someone say hey "I love you, but I want nothing to do with your children?" As a parent, you'd know how that'd make you feel.
3. Pentecostals have slightly different opinions from orthodox on that matter, but in today's context, I'd refer to myself as a Christian. But that doesn't mean I agree with many church doctrines. Maybe the question you should instead be asking is what are my beliefs, then you'll have a suitable response. All your responses are prejudiced based on assumptions.
4. You cannot make yourself a holy vessel without the Holy Spirit in you, I'm sure you picked up your belief from church teachings. No matter how hard you try, "...our righteousness are as filthy rags...(Isaiah 64:6)". Point to the exact place in the Bible where Jesus said you must make yourself holy as condition to receive the Holy Spirit. But "Luke 11:13, Jesus said you ask to receive the Holy Spirit".
5. You should find out why we have different Bible versions, and why many contextual meanings are lost in translation. I don't know what you read, but do you know that the modern Bible is compiled based on the doctrinal beliefs of the early church? Do you know some translations were done to English based on doctrines and even "political" undertones? Do you know the process Bible canonisation went through? Do you know churches in Eastern Europe and Ethiopia have different bibles, and they think we in the West are wrong to add/remove some books? When you pick up a Bible to read, pray for the Holy Spirit's revelation, else 80% of what you're reading (esp. new testament) is based on the (early) church doctrines you claim to reject.
6. You say you have no business with Paul's teachings but you quote James's teachings. What criteria do you use to choose the teachings acceptable to you?
7. "1 Thessalonians 5: 21 - Prove all things, hold fast that which is good". If you accept the Bible the way it is, you're contradicting yourself, because you're following the doctrines of the early church. The Bible is a compilation of different scripts written over thousands of years apart. If you have so much mistrust for the church, why do you trust what they compiled for you, without questioning their rationale?

■ I've done my personal study and I'm convinced about what I believe. As a matter of fact I have my own set of doctrines, and I trust the Holy Spirit to help me in areas that are yet to be solid. No one knows it all, not the Pope or any G.O. Paul corrected Peter (who was with Jesus all through, and the rock) at some point. If Peter's actions warranted correction at a time, no G.O. or even you can say you know it all!
2. But the Church that instead belongs to Jesus Christ is the Vine, and not your Religious gatherings here on earth which I abhor. undecided

3. So, you are a Churchian meaning you are in fact of the religion of men since you admit to submitting to the doctrines and traditions of men and their churches, lies, which Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of. Why deny it? undecided

4. Where in scripture did Jesus Christ tell you that you cannot become a Son of God aka a Holy Vessel without first having the Holy Spirit inside of you? In John 8 vs 31 - 36 Jesus Christ instead said that it is through continuous submission and obedience on your part that you can become so. So, where do you get your version of the tale from? undecided

As for what Isaiah said in Isaiah 64 vs 1 - 6, if you paid careful attention to the message in context, you have realized by now that what Isaiah instead said is that your sins(disobedience of God) render your works of righteousness filthy in the sight of God meaning you must first get rid of your sins i.e. become Holy through the obedience of God's Law, in order that your good works can then be pleasing to God. undecided

5. I already know why there are many versions and so on. What I don't understand is why you think I should be perturbed by it all when it matters not as far as God is concerned. undecided

6. I instead said that I owe no man— not even those who claim to be of Jesus Christ —any allegiance since the one and only one I serve is Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. I didn't actually quote James. I simply pointed out that even James echoed a Truth declared by Jesus Christ Himself — spirits have eternal life — even though James' letter also does not address over 97% of that which is found written in the Gospels. Again, I don't worship nor believe in men. I instead trust and obey Jesus Christ, the one who in fact called me to be one of His. undecided

7. I am sorry but I am not a Churchian so I do not hold to the idea of accepting the bible the way it is and all that gobbledegook you lot hold to. That book is a compendium of views and opinions of men, of Satan and demons, in addition to the Word of God. The book is not holy, and it is not the Word of God. The Word of God — the Word out of God's very mouth — is Jesus Christ. All other views and opinions expressed in the book are meant to be validated against that standard. Sadly, Churchians seem versed in doing the reverse. undecided

8. Keep telling yourself that then! undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why in the world would I have allegiance to Paul? Am I crazy? ...
1. Calm now, what I mean is you may decide not to take Paul's teachings because you owe Jesus, but not Paul. But yeah, one cannot deny that Paul's teachings are valuable.
2. John 14 vs 15-27? You should read that place again. He didn't talk mention holiness, He mentioned commandments. Please find out places where Jesus mentioned holiness to buttress your point. And remember the prime commandment Jesus gave them (before ascension) was to remain in Galilee till they receive the Holy Spirit. Based on your argument, you too must go to Galilee before you receive Him.
3. Paul did not write to the Jews. Only the book of Hebrews was addressed to Jews, and the author of that book is not verified till date. Paul wrote to Romans and Greeks and other people. Sincerely I share your views to some extent, but that doesn't mean some of his teachings are not applicable to us today. We are in similar order with the Gentiles. Imagine a letter written to non-Africans - whether you're Russian or French or Chinese, it will have some applicability to you, so you don't just discard them. As a matter of fact, they're meant to give you insight. The church formed doctrines on them, I don't agree, but I find the information relevant.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2023
crows2ravens:
1. Calm now, what I mean is you may decide not to take Paul's teachings because you owe Jesus, but not Paul. But yeah, one cannot deny that Paul's teachings are valuable.
2. John 14 vs 15-27? You should read that place again. He didn't talk mention holiness, He mentioned commandments. Please find out places where Jesus mentioned holiness to buttress your point. And remember the prime commandment Jesus gave them (before ascension) was to remain in Galilee till they receive the Holy Spirit. Based on your argument, you too must go to Galilee before you receive Him.
3. Paul did not write to the Jews. Only the book of Hebrews was addressed to Jews, and the author of that book is not verified till date. Paul wrote to Romans and Greeks and other people. Sincerely I share your views to some extent, but that doesn't mean some of his teachings are not applicable to us today. We are in similar order with the Gentiles. Imagine a letter written to non-Africans - whether you're Russian or French or Chinese, it will have some applicability to you, so you don't just discard them. As a matter of fact, they're meant to give you insight. The church formed doctrines on them, I don't agree, but I find the information relevant.
1. Pay attention! Paul's opinions are his opinions. They matter not to me as what instead matters is the Truth of Jesus Christ alone. undecided

2. John 14 vs 15 - 17 did not talk about Holiness even though in that particular passage He introduced His followers to the Helper — the Helper aka the Spirit of Truth or the Holy Spirit — who will take His place once He leaves? Do you mean the message that only those who love Him — those who live their lives in submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments — can have this Helper, the one you all call the Holy Spirit? Are you sure you read the book at all with your eyes open? undecided

3. Let's turn this around a bit then! If Paul did not write to the Jews what you are invariably saying is that against Jesus Christ's own commandment in Matthew 7 vs 6 and Matthew 10 vs 22 which both then explain the context of the world which He later sent them out into in Matthew 28, you are indicating that Paul rejected the Gospel as given by Jesus Christ to instead call on the dogs — non-israelites? Does that make sense to you? undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
2. But the Church that instead belongs to Jesus Christ is the Vine, and not your Religious gatherings here on earth which I abhor....
2. It's your choice. Instead of hating those "religious gatherings", why not make it a point of duty to offer them better ideas. After all, they are your brothers and sisters, love is the centre of Jesus' teachings, show that love.
3. Oh God! I'm trying not to sound insulting, but do you have trouble understanding? Christian is a word coined in Antioch, in present day Turkey, as people who behave like Christ. But today that word is used to categorise all believers in Jesus, whether you're Catholic or Pentecostal, or Jehovah's witness, or Eastern orthodox Christian, or Christian in your house. I must also tell you that I have been to the point you are now, totally shunned church, but not any longer, with more revelations of God's words. But then, beheading is not medicine for headache. I don't belong to any denomination, no church is perfect, but each one has what they get right and what they get wrong. Your duty, as a family member, is to contribute to making the church better, not condemn it. What did the church do to you, bro? Why are you so angry?
4. Nothing in John 8 vs 31 - 36 indicates doing those things or not (as applicable) makes you a holy vessel. Are you reading the same Bible I'm reading? The word Holy is not even mentioned there.
I'd refer you to when Jesus said, he that looks at a woman lustfully as already committed adultery...". "He that hates is brother without cause is already a murderer". Those two laws of the 10 commandments are weighty, but Jesus just told them that you commit sin without you even knowing you did. So how can you be holy when there are sins you don't even know you commit? Is it not what you know that you can choose to do or not do? My brother, self-righteousness cannot take you far.
5. How do you know it doesn't matter to God? As a man you don't like your words to be twisted, taken out of context, or misunderstood, how much more God "who He magnified his words above His name(Psalm 138:2)"?
6. Okay fine.
7. Your opinion. So what do you read? All the scriptures you've been quoting since, are they not from that Bible you disparage? Really I don't get it. But you also seem to be buttressing my point that you shouldn't just pick up the bible and read it, it is not completely free from flaws or distortions, that I get. Okay, please what books do you read (if any), I'm interested.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
crows2ravens:
2. It's your choice. Instead of hating those "religious gatherings", why not make it a point of duty to offer them better ideas. After all, they are your brothers and sisters, love is the centre of Jesus' teachings, show that love.
3. Oh God! I'm trying not to sound insulting, but do you have trouble understanding? Christian is a word coined in Antioch, in present day Turkey, as people who behave like Christ. But today that word is used to categorise all believers in Jesus, whether you're Catholic or Pentecostal, or Jehovah's witness, or Eastern orthodox Christian, or Christian in your house. I must also tell you that I have been to the point you are now, totally shunned church, but not any longer, with more revelations of God's words. But then, beheading is not medicine for headache. I don't belong to any denomination, no church is perfect, but each one has what they get right and what they get wrong. Your duty, as a family member, is to contribute to making the church better, not condemn it. What did the church do to you, bro? Why are you so angry?
4. Nothing in John 8 vs 31 - 36 indicates doing those things or not (as applicable) makes you a holy vessel. Are you reading the same Bible I'm reading? The word Holy is not even mentioned there.
I'd refer you to when Jesus said, he that looks at a woman lustfully as already committed adultery...". "He that hates is brother without cause is already a murderer". Those two laws of the 10 commandments are weighty, but Jesus just told them that you commit sin without you even knowing you did. So how can you be holy when there are sins you don't even know you commit? Is it not what you know that you can choose to do or not do? My brother, self-righteousness cannot take you far.
5. How do you know it doesn't matter to God? As a man you don't like your words to be twisted, taken out of context, or misunderstood, how much more God "who He magnified his words above His name(Psalm 138:2)"?
6. Okay fine.
7. Your opinion. So what do you read? All the scriptures you've been quoting since, are they not from that Bible you disparage? Really I don't get it. But you also seem to be buttressing my point that you shouldn't just pick up the bible and read it, it is not completely free from flaws or distortions, that I get. Okay, please what books do you read (if any), I'm interested.
2. I do not hate your religious gatherings. They have no connection to God or to Jesus Christ. I instead hate the lies you lot spew using the name of God, and the fact that those who feed you these lies use them to manipulate and delude you all into serving their whims here on earth. undecided

3. You have never been where I am because if you had you would never consider going back to the vomit that is Churchianism - the religion of Christianity. God never gave men religion; Jesus Christ railed against religion during His time condemning their doctrines and traditions as antiChrist lies — Matthew 15 vs 4 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. What God instead gave to men is a Law and Constitution for each to live by. Men chose to design for themselves religion as a tool with which they could instead claim wealth and control over the minds of other men by way of lies wrapped around the many mentions of the name of God. That the Antiochians coined the word Christian which the religion adopted does not change the fact that the religion of Christianity has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ or God. undecided

4. So, again, it didn't occur to you that Sons of God which the passage of John 8 vs 31 - 36 tells you how to become are Holy vessels? Basically, those set free from slavery to sin(disobedience) become holy vessels, beings whose lives exist in compliance(obedience) to God's Law. You were not aware of this? undecided

5. Simple! God said absolutely nothing about it! He instead gave instructions to His own as to how to consider the truth of what is witnessed. undecided
7. Recall what you said earlier about how no man likes to have his words twisted? undecided
crows2ravens:
5. ...As a man you don't like your words to be twisted, taken out of context, or misunderstood
I never once said I disparage your bible. I simply stated that the book is not holy nor is it free of contradiction or flaws. That is in no way to suggest that my advice is you shouldn't read it nor does it mean you should take the Word of God contained in the book for granted. undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
2. I do not hate your religious gatherings. They have no connection to God or to Jesus Christ. I instead hate the lies you lot spew using the name of God, and the fact that those who feed you these lies use them to manipulate and delude you all into serving their whims here on earth....

LOL. I really tried for us not to derail this thread, but it's too late now. But that's why I didn't really say so many things, I just try to be as brief as lexically possible.
2. I've spent quality time in many churches/denominations, I don't know about you. It is unfair to simply say they feed people lies and manipulate. See, some of those "lies and manipulations" are intentional as it is in some churches. Some of them are due to the "ignorance" of the church leadership themselves, because they too just followed what the predecessors taught them hook line and sinker. Some of the church leaders are waking up to the truth and recanting the lies they once told or supported. While some continue deeper down the path of lies and manipulations. But what makes church membership useful is to find where you can teach others as much as you learn from others too. Fellowship with other Christians has its benefits.
3. Over 10 years ago, I decided to unlearn all church taught me, and then relearn on my own personal study and prayers, I got revelations that made me very angry with the church institutions. The more I asked the Holy Spirit's help (afraid I misinformed myself), the more I received such revelations! Was a life-changing experience for me. But why do I go to church now? I don't just stand by when I see something wrong, I play a part in making it right - "he that knows what is good and doesn't do it, to him it's a sin (James 4:17)". You've been liberated, but you cannot watch your fellow brethren remain there and not do anything to help them. As part of my contributions, by God's Grace, I have a book in the pipeline, it's going to shake tables and be very controversial, and many will consider it heresy though it is the truth. But it's also important I get close to the church as much as possible, to be able to say why they are wrong (authoritatively), and not just one church, but many churches. So they won't say things like "Nooo, bro you're wrong, you don't understand how we do in our church!" I think some will call me devil, but Jesus himself was accused of demonic possession by the then religious leaders.
4. Romans 7-8 expands your point. But just hold on to your beliefs while I hold on to mine. On the last day, we're individually responsible for our mindset and works, even those being deceived by churches, they are individually responsible for their own beliefs too, not the churches that taught them.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2023
crows2ravens:
2. I've spent quality time in many churches/denominations, I don't know about you. It is unfair to simply say they feed people lies and manipulate. See, some of those "lies and manipulations" are intentional as it is in some churches. Some of them are due to the "ignorance" of the church leadership themselves, because they too just followed what the predecessors taught them hook line and sinker. Some of the church leaders are waking up to the truth and recanting the lies they once told or supported. While some continue deeper down the path of lies and manipulations. But what makes church membership useful is to find where you can teach others as much as you learn from others too. Fellowship with other Christians has its benefits.

3. Over 10 years ago, I decided to unlearn all church taught me, and then relearn on my own personal study and prayers, I got revelations that made me very angry with the church institutions. The more I asked the Holy Spirit's help (afraid I misinformed myself), the more I received such revelations! Was a life-changing experience for me. But why do I go to church now? I don't just stand by when I see something wrong, I play a part in making it right - "[b]he that knows what is good and doesn't do it, to him it's a sin (James 4:17)".[/b] You've been liberated, but you cannot watch your fellow brethren remain there and not do anything to help them. As part of my contributions, by God's Grace, I have a book in the pipeline, it's going to shake tables and be very controversial, and many will consider it heresy though it is the truth. But it's also important I get close to the church as much as possible, to be able to say why they are wrong (authoritatively), and not just one church, but many churches. So they won't say things like "Nooo, bro you're wrong, you don't understand how we do in our church!" I think some will call me devil, but Jesus himself was accused of demonic possession by the then religious leaders.

4. Romans 7-8 expands your point. But just hold on to your beliefs while I hold on to mine.
■ On the last day, we're individually responsible for our mindset and works, even those being deceived by churches, they are individually responsible for their own beliefs too, not the churches that taught them.
2. I am afraid all of this amounts to gobbledegook since Jesus Christ warned men against peddling lies using His name; He laid down curses for all those who would do such using His name. Now, I understand you empathize with your many false teachers and false prophets but the fact remains that they are false teachers and false prophets — antiChrist— and as such are against Jesus Christ, not for Him in any way or form. No man has any right to use the name of another man to peddle what are lies whether in ignorance or arrogance. So, why should it be OK to do so using the name of God? undecided

3. So, you, in your unrighteousness were able to ask the Holy Spirit of God — against God's own declaration — to answer your prayers?

God said that He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous — the petitions of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him —, but what you are trying to get me to believe is that you were able to circumvent the very Word of God to gain access to not only God's Holy Spirit but also answers to your prayers?undecided

4. Again, Romans 7 -8 does absolutely nothing of what you claim there since Paul didn't discuss in any way how one in fact goes from being a sinner to becoming a Son of God. undecided

5. Rather, Jesus Christ said He would judge each on whether they were able to do works of righteousness, acceptable to God - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 . undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
2. I am afraid all of this amounts to gobbledegook since Jesus Christ warned men against peddling lies using His name; He laid down curses for all those who would do such using His name...
3. So, you, in your unrighteousness were able to ask the Holy Spirit of God — against God's own declaration — to answer your prayers?

God said that He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous — the petitions of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him...

THIS IS LONG, BUT PLEASE DO WELL TO READ EVERYTHING PATIENTLY BEFORE MAKING ANY RESPONSE.

As for false teachers, God's will is not to destroy man, but to redeem him. He sent Jesus to die for us because we were bad people, not because we were good people. As Jesus himself said, it's the sick that needs a doctor (Mark 2:17). False teachers (as you call them) need to be called to repentance. Jesus endured the cross for His compassion for bad people, who at that time and now, hate Him or don't even care about His love and message. Until the end of everything, by Grace, that love is still there. And therefore, you and I should continue to show that love.
The church has seriously deviated far from the actual message of love and truth that Jesus gave. If we love Him, we would also have compassion for those going astray.

So we're back to the topic of the thread.
When Adam and Eve sinned, God sought them out, ask them questions in attempt to reason with them. Though they passed blames and acquired curses.
When Cain killed his brother, God spoke with him and reasoned with him, and through that modified his punishment.
Isaiah 1:18, God offered to reason with us, no matter how red our sins are, it will be sparkling white
In Zechariah 3, Joshua the high priest stood before God, filthy, but God commanded his filthy garments to be taken away, relieving him of his iniquities.

You know, what you just said is the same lie the devil tells all Christians, to make them feel guilty and unworthy, making them think their righteousness is in their own hands, rather in Jesus. Why did Jesus have to die for us? God gave Israelites 10 commandments, but they kept failing and incurring God's wrath. Even when they thought they obeyed 100%, Jesus came and pointed out....
* Thou shall not commit adultery? Once you look at a woman lustfully, you're already guilty. Meaning the moment you notice her features, figure and even sweet face, you're done. It doesn't matter if you decide to act on your thoughts or not.
* Thou shall not kill? Once you hate someone, you're guilty. Meaning, the moment someone angers you to the point you wish you could just slap them, whether you decide to raise your hands or you just walk away, you've disobeyed that law.
Now, what Jesus was obviously pointing out is that you're not a sinner because of what you do alone, but also because of what you think. It doesn't matter if you discarded that thought in one second, or you acted it out. You're guilty! And you can extend this to other commandments, because in Israel at that time, adultery and murder were considered the "worst sins", so Jesus used those to show them how terrible people they were, by God's standards.
Now, tell me, in your "righteousness", that the thought does not cross your mind once in a while to disobey those commandments you live by. The moment it's in your thoughts, you have sinned and you are unrighteous. 1 John 1:8 - if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us... Verse 10 says we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.... Verse 7 says His blood continues to cleanse us from all sin.

Do you say the Lord's prayer? Do you believe it when you say "and forgive us our trespasses"? If you are now righteous, why would Jesus command you to ask for forgiveness regularly, as you say the Lord's prayer? I said earlier, there are things you do (or think) that you don't even know makes you unrighteous.

Also, didn't Jesus command you to not judge others, so you will not be judged? Matthew 7:1. Why then do you say to me "..in your unrighteousness..." You just judged my case before God by doing that. If it pleases God to have mercy on me, and hear my prayers, who are you to dispute that? Wouldn't this action alone count as unrighteousness for you?
The point I'm trying to make all along is that, you need the Holy Spirit to be holy. It is Him who will transform you from within, into God's holiness. I'm not saying you should continue living in sin, NO. But there's a difference between committing a sin, and living a sinful life. In sinful life, you commit sin intentionally or due to carelessness, and do it frequently or repetitively or habitually. (1 John 3:9 in Amplified Bible)
You make efforts to be righteous, that willingness is what God wants to see, but those man's efforts are too weak, without the Spirit, to make him righteous. Without the Holy Spirit you're just flesh, and flesh cannot fulfil the requirements (which are counted as righteousness) of the Spirit. This is the message to you at this moment.
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
crows2ravens:
THIS IS LONG, BUT PLEASE DO WELL TO READ EVERYTHING PATIENTLY BEFORE MAKING ANY RESPONSE.
2.As for false teachers, God's will is not to destroy man, but to redeem him. He sent Jesus to die for us because we were bad people, not because we were good people. As Jesus himself said, it's the sick that needs a doctor (Mark 2:17). False teachers (as you call them) need to be called to repentance. Jesus endured the cross for His compassion for bad people, who at that time and now, hate Him or don't even care about His love and message. Until the end of everything, by Grace, that love is still there. And therefore, you and I should continue to show that love.
The church has seriously deviated far from the actual message of love and truth that Jesus gave. If we love Him, we would also have compassion for those going astray.

3.So we're back to the topic of the thread.
When Adam and Eve sinned, God sought them out, ask them questions in attempt to reason with them. Though they passed blames and acquired curses.
When Cain killed his brother, God spoke with him and reasoned with him, and through that modified his punishment.
Isaiah 1:18, God offered to reason with us, no matter how red our sins are, it will be sparkling white
In Zechariah 3, Joshua the high priest stood before God, filthy, but God commanded his filthy garments to be taken away, relieving him of his iniquities.

You know, what you just said is the same lie the devil tells all Christians, to make them feel guilty and unworthy, making them think their righteousness is in their own hands, rather in Jesus. Why did Jesus have to die for us? God gave Israelites 10 commandments, but they kept failing and incurring God's wrath. Even when they thought they obeyed 100%, Jesus came and pointed out....
* Thou shall not commit adultery? Once you look at a woman lustfully, you're already guilty. Meaning the moment you notice her features, figure and even sweet face, you're done. It doesn't matter if you decide to act on your thoughts or not.
* Thou shall not kill? Once you hate someone, you're guilty. Meaning, the moment someone angers you to the point you wish you could just slap them, whether you decide to raise your hands or you just walk away, you've disobeyed that law.
Now, what Jesus was obviously pointing out is that you're not a sinner because of what you do alone, but also because of what you think. It doesn't matter if you discarded that thought in one second, or you acted it out. You're guilty! And you can extend this to other commandments, because in Israel at that time, adultery and murder were considered the "worst sins", so Jesus used those to show them how terrible people they were, by God's standards.
Now, tell me, in your "righteousness", that the thought does not cross your mind once in a while to disobey those commandments you live by. The moment it's in your thoughts, you have sinned and you are unrighteous. 1 John 1:8 - if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us... Verse 10 says we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.... Verse 7 says His blood continues to cleanse us from all sin.

■ Do you say the Lord's prayer? Do you believe it when you say "and forgive us our trespasses"? If you are now righteous, why would Jesus command you to ask for forgiveness regularly, as you say the Lord's prayer? I said earlier, there are things you do (or think) that you don't even know makes you unrighteous.
■ Also, didn't Jesus command you to not judge others, so you will not be judged? Matthew 7:1. Why then do you say to me "..in your unrighteousness..." You just judged my case before God by doing that. If it pleases God to have mercy on me, and hear my prayers, who are you to dispute that? Wouldn't this action alone count as unrighteousness for you?
■ The point I'm trying to make all along is that, you need the Holy Spirit to be holy. It is Him who will transform you from within, into God's holiness. I'm not saying you should continue living in sin, NO. But there's a difference between committing a sin, and living a sinful life. In sinful life, you commit sin intentionally or due to carelessness, and do it frequently or repetitively or habitually. (1 John 3:9 in Amplified Bible)
You make efforts to be righteous, that willingness is what God wants to see, but those man's efforts are too weak, without the Spirit, to make him righteous. Without the Holy Spirit, you're just flesh, and flesh cannot fulfil the requirements (which are counted as righteousness) of the Spirit. This is the message to you at this moment.
2. So, even though the one who you claim to be your master, Jesus Christ, chose instead to call out the lies and deceit of the false prophets and false teachers, casting them down as enemies of God, rather than going around calling them to repentance, you think instead (against Jesus Christ by the way) that what you ought to do is call them to repentance? For the umpteenth time, your churches belong to the false teachers and false prophets that sit as gods over them and had absolutely nothing to do with God from their beginnings so how could it be said that they deviated or strayed? undecided

As for grace, which simply means "Eternal life", note that demons and devils also have eternal life though they have none of God's Love which as Jesus Christ told you is also stored up for those who obey God's Law—not those who live in disobedience of God's Law. undecided

3. With these bold attempts made by your person to counter God's direct declarations by pulling verses out of context to assert meanings different from those intended by the authors, I take it that you believe that God lied when He outrightly stated, even through His Prophets, that He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous - Zechariah 7 vs 11 - 13 & Psalm 66 vs 17 - 18 & Isaiah 59 vs 9 - 21 & Isaiah 59 vs 1 - 8 & Proverbs 28 vs 9 & Isaiah 1 vs 10 - 20 & John 15 vs 1 - 11? undecided

4. I do say the Lord's prayers in obedience to God's commandment that I say the Lord's prayer whenever I want to pray - Matthew 6 vs 6 -15 - but as I am still working on my way through to know the Truth of God and being set free from slavery to sin by the Truth of God - John 8 vs 31 - 36 - I am also aware and accepting of the fact that God does not answer my prayers as a result of my unrighteousness.

5. The same Jesus Christ who said you should not judge by appearance also commanded that you instead judge all things by God's standard of righteousness, God's Law in the Kingdom of God - John 7 vs 24. undecided

6. Again, Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear in His Gospel that the Holy Spirit will be given only to those who are Holy and Love Him. You cannot love Jesus Christ if you do not obey His teachings and commandments. Jesus Christ, the Truth of God — and hence the Spirit of Truth who is the Holy Spirit — cannot abide in You if you do not obey Jesus Christ. These Truths are made clear in the teachings of God. So by what power have you been able to circumvent the very power of God in God's own kingdom? undecided
Re: Keys To Answered Prayer (1) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
2. So, even though the one who you claim to be your master, Jesus Christ, chose instead to call out the lies and deceit of the false prophets and false teachers, casting them down as enemies of God, rather than going around calling them to repentance...

I'm done debating this matter, we'd just keep going in circles. This kind of disagreements on the gospel is what gave rise to different christian denominations in the first place - Roman Catholic, Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, and later Charismatic and Pentecostal movements. Even to the extent that we don't agree on the books to include or exclude from the Bible itself.
I don't want to ignore your convictions that the church belongs to the enemies of God, who have nothing to do with God from their origins. Could you please shed more light on this? Where did you get the information? A text, documentary or vision?

You need to read Psalms 107 to see God's kindness. Vs 9-14 talk about people being afflicted because they rebelled against God's words, but when they cried unto Him, He delivered them from all their distresses. You brought other scriptures that directly contradict this. So what's happening? YOU CANNOT PUT GOD INTO ABSOLUTES. EACH PERSON'S SITUATION IS DIFFERENT, hence God's response too. He is not a programmed computer that gives same output all the time. Okay God's commandment is thou shall not kill, but David killed Goliath, Elijah killed prophets of baal, Solomon killed his brother immediately becoming king, but none of them were punished killing those people.
If God doesn't answer your prayer when you're unrighteous, it means He doesn't answer you when you pray for forgiveness too. Since you're taking those scriptures as absolute black and white.
John 7:24, Jesus asked you to judge all things, NOT PEOPLE.
Besides, from my previous posts I said you are prejudiced. Did I at any time say I disobey the commandments of Jesus?

So by what power have you been able to circumvent the very power of God in God's own kingdom?
It is the grace of God that I enjoy. I pray, God hears me, by His mercies, because He sees the righteousness of Jesus (Holy), not mine (filthy rags).
By not going to church, I can assume you do not take the Holy Communion, Jesus commanded that too.
Jesus commanded new believers in Him should be baptised (Matthew 28:19) Were you baptised? Who baptised you? Through the "evil" church? Does that mean your baptism null and void?

Even now that you're all set to follow every commandment of Jesus to make you righteous. What makes you assured that all His commandments are written down? From Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's accounts, you could see they don't individually capture all His commandments. What about the lost gospels? How about the commandments you don't know Jesus gave? DOESN'T THAT MEAN YOU WILL NEVER BE RIGHTEOUS?
From all you said, you do not have the Holy Spirit in you. And you've been trying to be righteous for a long time, yet you keep failing because you're not yet free from the slavery of sin. For how long will you keep trying? GOD FORBID, death comes knocking now, what's your fate? Hell fire? What is your reward for all your struggles to be righteous by yourself?
The Israelites struggled to be righteous, yet they continually incurred God's wrath and neglect. Jesus came to make it easier for us. He said His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:30). What you're trying to achieve yourself, is it not hard for you to do? Is the weight of unrighteousness not heavy on you - that guilt you feel everyday? Is that truly Jesus's yoke you're bearing? Why do you still labour when you're with Jesus? Don't you see something is wrong?
Those who believed and received Him, He gave them power to become sons of God (John 1:12). Also, Acts 1:8 - you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. But those led by the Spirit are the sons of God (Romans 8:14) These three scriptures combined indicate the Holy Spirit gives the power that makes you the son of God.

It is like someone (you) a rich man (God) invited into his house to eat and dine with him, but who stayed at the gate to eat from the trash bins outside, because he doesn't consider himself worthy to enter that house, trying as much as possible to wash his clothes (rags) clean and acceptable. Whereas, the rich man's beloved son (Jesus) is saying, follow me in, be my guest whom my father will honour, take this new sparkling white garment (Holy Ghost, whose purity will also transform your entire body).

We see in the scripture how freshly new believers received the Holy Ghost. In fact, it happened by laying of hands in some cases (Acts 8:17, 19:6), mere preaching (Acts 10:44), and also by asking God (Luke 11:13). This is the truth, and this truth will set you free from the bondage of sin. Have some faith, ask God to give you the Holy Spirit. He will not withhold from you, He loves you and wants His Spirit to be in you, purifying you unto Himself. This is God's message for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shortcomings Of The Law Of Moses / Do You Believe In Re-incarnation / Everyday Word From God To Build Your Faith.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.