Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,399 members, 7,819,422 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno (653 Views)

2023: Governor Yahaya Bello "Testing Microphone" For Tinubu/Shettima In Kogi / 2023: Tinubu’s Camp Excited As APC NEC Settles For Indirect Primary / APC Settles For Indirect Primary, Rules Out Consensus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by Imeobong(m): 1:46am On Jan 31, 2022
BREAKING NEWS

2023: GOVERNOR EMMANUEL SETTLES FOR PASTOR UMO ENO
…EX GOV ATTAH PRESENTS COMMISSIONER FOR LANDS TO PDP STAKEHOLDERS
Governor Udom Emmanuel has finally ended months of speculations and permutations with the presentation of one of his cabinet members to succeed him as Governor in 2023.

At a well attended PDP Stakeholders' Meeting which took place this evening at the Governor's Lodge, in Uyo, Governor Udom Emmanuel, after months of seeking the face of God, finally announced his Commissioner for Lands and Water Resources, Pastor Umo Eno, as his preferred choice to succeed him.

Former Governor, Obong (Arc) Victor Attah, thereafter made the formal presentation of Pastor Eno to the Stakeholders which comprises major and leading political chieftains from the three Senatorial Districts, who all applauded the choice and pledged to work towards his emergence as the Governor of the State come 2023.

Pastor Eno spoke passionately and emotionally about how he grew up in the Police barracks and how dreary and challenging those days were, but he summoned hope to overcome those difficulties.

He said he was grateful to God and to Governor Emmanuel for finding him worthy of the onerous task to lead the people of the State and continue the people-focused and developmental strides of Governor Udom Emmanuel .

Bishop Uma Ukpai and the Prelate Emeritus of the Methodist Church of Nigeria, Dr. Sunday Mbang prayed for his success, a sentiment that was re-echoed by the Oku Ibom Ibibio and Chairman of State Council of Chiefs, Ntenyin Solomon Etuk.

Among those who attended the event, were the Deputy Governor, Mr. Moses Ekpo, MFR, Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Aniekan Bassey, Senators Akon Eyakenyi, Effiong Bob, Ibok Essien, Aloysius Etok, former Deputy Governor, Etim Okpoyo, Member, representing Etinan Federal Constituency at the National Assembly, Onofiok Luke, PDP Party Chairman, Elder Aniekan Akpan, Barrister Emmanuel Enoidem, the National Coordinator of the Maintain Peace Movement, (MPM) . Hon Pat Ifon, Member representing Eket Federal Constituency at the National Assembly and Member, PDP BOT, Chief Nduese Essien, a former Minister of Housing, Ambassador Assam Assam, SAN, Nigeria’s former Ambassador to Russia , Fathers of Faith, and other leading members of the state’s political class.
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by Imeobong(m): 1:48am On Jan 31, 2022
And Luke responded later via his verified Facebook page::

We Are Still On Course

1. Out of respect and as a loyal party man, I honored an innocent invitation from the Governor for a meeting this evening at the lodge;

2. At the meeting my brother from my local government and Federal Constituency, Pst Umo Eno was presented as the choice of the Governor for succession;

3. It was at the said meeting that I heard of the agenda and choice for the first time and no one held any discussion with me prior to the meeting;

4. I am not against the choice of the Governor coming from my local government, Federal Constituency nor the aspiration of my brother;

5.However, as a fellow aspirant from the same local government at the same advantage when successful, my aspiration to serve the state in the capacity of the Governor remains on course;

6. This statement would not have been necessary but not for the misrepresentation in media which may create a negative impression about my person and the reputation God has helped me to build these number of years in public service;

7. My supporters and those sympathetic to my cause should please note that we are as resolute as ever in our desire to give our people purposeful leadership in the office of the Governor come 2023.
God’s Amazing Grace has always seen us through and will always see us through.

Onofiok Akpan Luke

1 Like

Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by Imeobong(m): 1:49am On Jan 31, 2022
GOA will be laughing now

“What goes around comes around” they have all forgotten their betrayal of GOA
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by Fernandeswagger(m): 2:10am On Jan 31, 2022
Imeobong:
GOA will be laughing now

“What goes around comes around” they have all forgotten their betrayal of GOA

You couldn't have said it better.

Let's see how this plays out.
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by revolt(m): 3:29am On Jan 31, 2022
Akpabio still remains best governor of akwaibom state...dude messed up by decamping ..
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by OfficialAwol(m): 3:43am On Jan 31, 2022
revolt:
Akpabio still remains best governor of akwaibom state...dude messed up by decamping ..

Very big mess up.

But would you blame him? He wouldn't be minister if he didn't leave.
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by Imeobong(m): 4:04am On Jan 31, 2022
revolt:

This is understandable, but if we were in his shoe, we’ll do same. Like now, what do you think will happened with:

Luke
OBA
… and Akan Udofia?

They’ll all decamp. GOA would have been disgraced by his boy cause of power of incumbency if he never decamp.
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by kuboy: 4:41am On Jan 31, 2022
Hmmmm God please let your will be done in Akwa ibom state give us a good leader.Not a governor who will support cultist in the state that's what i asked from you Lord.
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by nzeobi(m): 4:50am On Jan 31, 2022
I just hope that he performs more than his predecessor. Buhari when will you announce your successor
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by revolt(m): 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2022
OfficialAwol:

Very big mess up.

But would you blame him? He wouldn't be minister if he didn't leave.
True tho
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by revolt(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
Imeobong:

This is understandable, but if we were in his shoe, we’ll do same. Like now, what do you think will happened with:

Luke
OBA
… and Akan Udofia?

They’ll all decamp. GOA would have disgraced by his boy cause of power of incumbency if he never decamp.
must he control his boy...didn't he break loose from attah? Plus I don't think he decamped cos of state politics. He decamped cos apc was coming for him via efcc.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by Imeobong(m): 6:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
revolt:
must he control his boy...didn't he break loose from attah? Plus I don't think he decamped cos of state politics. He decamped cos apc was coming for him via efcc.....

What you saying? Seems you are not even current with the history of Akwa Ibom politics

GOA was not Attah’s candidate, Attah had a candidate (his son in-law) it was Obasanjo because of the Onshore-offshore oil dichotomy beef he had with Attah that single handedly gave GOA the ticket.

Go do your findings well……
Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by revolt(m): 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
Imeobong:

What you saying? Seems you are not even current with the history of Akwa Ibom politics

GOA was not Attah’s candidate, Attah had a candidate (his son in-law) it was Obasanjo because of the Onshore-offshore oil dichotomy beef he had with Attah that single handedly gave GOA the ticket.

Go do your findings well……
oh my bad that's true.... very true... I forgot... Alttahs in law was the chosen candidate.. but he was the best thing to happen to AK..

1 Like

Re: Breaking News 2023: Governor Emmanuel Settles For Pastor Umo Eno by Winningbot: 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2022
I don't understand the idea if governors choosing their successor. When e start

(1) (Reply)

Agents Of Disunity Struggling In Vain – Presidency / Ijelespeaks Is An Igbo Hero / All You Need To Know About The Ijaw Republic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.