Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,258 members, 7,811,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper (53448 Views)

Miss USA 2019 Cheslie Kryst Has Committed Sucid / Steve Bing Commits Suicide By Jumping From 27th Floor / African-american Model Cheslie Kryst Crowned Miss Usa 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by officialwdhtv: 6:44am On Jan 31, 2022
A woman who jumped to her death from a New York City high rise apartment building has been identified as former Miss USA Cheslie Kryst.

The 2019 pageant winner who had a ninth floor apartment in Manhattan’s 60-storey Orion Building was found dead in the street below on Sunday morning.

The 30-year-old was last seen on a terrace win the building’s 29th floor shortly after 7am, sources told The New York Post.

“In devastation and great sorrow, we share the passing of our beloved Cheslie,” her family said in a statement.

“Her great light was one that inspired others around the world with her beauty and strength. She cared, she loved, she laughed and she shined.

“Cheslie embodied love and served others, whether through her work as an attorney fighting for social justice, as Miss USA and as a host on Extra.”

And they added: “But most importantly as a daughter, sister, friend, mentor and colleague — we know her impact will live on.”

The former Miss North Carolina was a lawyer who also worked as a reporter for the Extra TV show.

“Our hearts are broken,” the company said in a statement.

“Cheslie was not just a vital part of our show. She was a beloved part of our Extra family and touched the entire staff. Our deepest condolences to all her family and friends.”

Just hours before her death, Kryst wrote on Instagram, “May this day bring you rest and peace.”

Investigators have not said why they believed she took her own life, according to the Post.

Kryst spoke out on Facebook for World Mental Health Day in 2019, describing her routine for coping with stress.

“I do a lot to make sure that I maintain my mental health,” she said.

“And the most important thing that I did is talk to a counselor. She’s really easy to talk to.

“She gives me great strategies especially if I’m sad or happy or have a busy month ahead of me.

“When I’m not talking to my counselor, I spend time at the end of every single day to just decompress. I unplug, I shut my phone off, I don’t answer messages. I just sit and watch my favorite movies.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/cheslie-kryst-former-miss-usa-005658809.html

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by mariovito(m): 7:19am On Jan 31, 2022
Suicide rate is just skyrocketing, humans have become so weak, with all the technological and economic advancement, we still are very unsatisfied and depressed.

Our forebears with less had a more rewarding existence.

Lack of real problems is becoming a problem in itself.

**Modified**
Felt I should post my response to another user below.

Now don't get me out of context.

I perfectly understand and know that depression can occur on a physiological level for most people.

My worry, and that is what fueled my original comment is that depression seems to spike in spite of us (humans as a collective) achieving and inventing things that should make life and living easier.

I made reference to our forebears for a reason.

Back then, they had what you'll refer to as basic human problems; what to eat, where to source water in the dry seasons, how to stay warm. Solving any of this problem gave them them the required dopamine dose they needed to keep it moving. Do not also neglect the fact that they maintained a well balanced social structure; close knit family, community... Etc.

These days, we've contravened most of those, we now live in isolation while technology brings people closer which has its downside; unhealthy comparisons and pressure to meet up.

Wrong diet, less physical activity, easy availability of drugs.

Human satisfaction has dropped over the years, you don't think there's a reason for it?

All I've enumerated above impacts on depression and our modern life supports it.

So do you still think my original comment came from a place of ignorance?

254 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by thesicilian: 7:32am On Jan 31, 2022
She may have been pushed

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by mariovito(m): 7:33am On Jan 31, 2022
I doubt it, she left a cryptic message on social media.
thesicilian:
She may have been pushed

30 Likes

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by NoahHadNoArk: 7:40am On Jan 31, 2022
cry
Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by thesicilian: 7:44am On Jan 31, 2022
mariovito:
I doubt it, she left a cryptic message on social media.
Nothing cryptic about "May this day bring you rest and peace". It's a normal thing people say everyday, just that when when someone dies, people start reading meanings into the last things they said or did.

163 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by mariovito(m): 7:55am On Jan 31, 2022
What's the probability that of all days, its the day she " get's pushed " that she coincidentally writes nay this day bring you rest and peace?
thesicilian:

Nothing cryptic about "May this day bring you rest and peace". It's a normal thing people say everyday, just that when when someone dies, people start reading meanings into the last things they said or did.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by Nbotee(m): 8:25am On Jan 31, 2022
A whole lot of ppl are going thru a lot and battling depression. Na clothe and make up dey hide plenty things

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by GboyegaD(m): 9:54am On Jan 31, 2022
Mental health should be taken more seriously.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by inoki247: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2022
The only thing certain in life iz death....

5 Likes

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by treesun: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2022
officialwdhtv:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/cheslie-kryst-former-miss-usa-005658809.html

Depression of loneliness caused by fame. That should not be it now young girl!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by salbis(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2022
Not all happy faces we see around everyday are truly happy inside.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by omothayoh(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2022
oga ooo... Na Ogun idile.... But seriously we strong for naija oooo...make we talk truth ooo

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by McOluOmo: 9:55am On Jan 31, 2022
Her world has ended

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

10 Likes

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by ybalogs(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2022
Depression is real. RIP

3 Likes

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by streum: 9:55am On Jan 31, 2022
Nawa oo. So painful
Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by Adesina18111(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2022
Only God can take control and calm this world...Tension here and there...bad/sad news are trending more than good news...the world is turning upside down...O Lord come and take control

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by Kingpele(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2022
Now this is unfair, I have come into some trials that made me want to die just to make my people suffer for abandoning me at the hour my need ,I was angry with everyone even God ,I prayed for death after I prayed for solutions to my plight repeatedly without solution, but I couldn't think of killing myself cos I certainly know that only God who gave me life have the right to take it ,if I take my life certainly God will reject my soul for eternity cos it is not yet my time to go,that why I prayed to him but then I realised it is foolishness,selfishness weakness and laziness to wish to die ,I repented before God and prayed for strength to carry on before long God created the opportunity that lifted me out of my problems and I found purpose for my existence, and today am much better than last 5 years and right now I pray for long life to enjoy the blessings of God upon my life ,I want to encourage those who might be thinking of suicide, go close to God ,he is your maker ,repent of your sins and ask him to be your guide, u will soon realise that God is very good in any situation of life cos he loves us completely, taste and see that God is good ,his mercies endure forever only God can calm human mind and spirit no human being can do it ,cos no one know the real working of human mind except God the maker of human mind and spirit while I was celebrating � my birthday yesterday, someone is busy killing herself in USA �� where every one who is struggling wish to go.this morning my wife was telling me how she struggled financially to take care of my home when I travelled and stayed more weeks than I expected ,as she was recounting her challenges ,telling me that to be a widow is a bad thing, I was just thinking of the problem I would have put my lovely wife through if I had killed myself or if God had killed me in answer to my evil prayers ,I thank God for not killing me at my own request

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2022
lipsrsealed

I will leave this space for Pastor UNrighteousness
Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by yusluvad(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2022
Rest in peace.
Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by SultanOfPuna: 9:56am On Jan 31, 2022
Uok
Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by DropsMic(m): 9:57am On Jan 31, 2022
Sad
Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by JeffRock: 9:57am On Jan 31, 2022
Assassination or sucide
Any which way...RIP
Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by ngwababe(f): 9:57am On Jan 31, 2022
Devil is really taking souls.

1 Like

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by tammie24: 9:57am On Jan 31, 2022
Surprised to see a black girl

Blacks hardly commit suicide compared to the whites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by Blacknote: 9:57am On Jan 31, 2022
Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by cerowo(f): 9:57am On Jan 31, 2022
So sad embarassed
Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by Angel55555(m): 9:58am On Jan 31, 2022
mariovito:
Suicide rate is just skyrocketing, humans have become so weak, with all the technological and economic advancement, we still are very unsatisfied and depressed.

Our forebears with less had a more rewarding existence.

Lack of real problems is becoming a problem in itself.

That's the problem with an average Nigerian, no one believes in mental health issues that's why it's easy for pastors and iman to scam an average nigerian through religion. Life is hard, if it's easy for you then be grateful instead of behaving like a dick smh

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cheslie Kryst Dies After Jumping From A Manhattan Skyscraper by Mhykel217(m): 9:58am On Jan 31, 2022
Omo

Sucide is never an option bruhh

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jasmine Okafor, Mr. Ibu Daughter's 9-Month Marriage Ends / Tobi Bakre's Wife Exposed His Fake Instagram Life / Nyota Ndogo Rejects Her Husband's Car Gift (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.