Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) (40519 Views)

Funds In My Brother's Bank Account Was Wiped Off / How A Loan App Wiped My Account And Left Me Broke / My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by 3kay945(m): 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

with due respect.. I'm having an argument with someone..
slawomirr.. If you send someone your pic like message in facebook.. Can the person use it for blood money..
Urgent answer please!

Remember that Dangote pic too dey everywhere o. Reason am

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by riches4me(m): 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2022
This a lesson to everybody with atm card, especially FIRST BANK costumers. Use their banking app to deactivate the three mediums in which operations are carried out on the cards. ATM, POS and ONLINE whenever you are not making use of any of the mediums. Is like leaving the tap on after fetching water, anybody can come to fetch after you. Lock it and keep d keys with you to avoid stories that touch.

4 Likes

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Reeb2244: 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
Cerebellum:
Why are we bent on destroying, spoillng and disorganizing peoples lives?

The world has lost it humanity
The world is doomed!
Na today?
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2022
Senomi:
Nna ehn all this useless yahoo boys make una leave us naaa, una no see una useless papa account to clear or buhari account sef I see no point in this guys defrauding their own country people, make dem carry their madness go outside, even indian and arabian fraudsters na Us or russian acct be their target they hardly defraud their own people cos they know say their own side too red, I no just understand y nigerian matter too get comma
No de support bad thing alaye. A theif is a thief home or abroad. This yahoo thing has to stop.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by HardMirror(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

with due respect.. I'm having an argument with someone..
slawomirr.. If you send someone your pic like message in facebook.. Can the person use it for blood money..
Urgent answer please!
see question a supposedly educated nigerian is asking. If it is like that why would people be stressing themselves to kill with billions of picture that are freely available online.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by FILEBE(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
I saw this news yesterday

I think her ATM was swapped

Maybe she needed the assistance of someone at that ATM machine...then the person swapped the ATM card...inserted the swapped one and entered the pin....so the machine swallowed the card

Whereas the real ATM card is still with the person....after that the person walked to the nearest pos and withdrew all the money

Because you can't use ATM machine to withdrew more than 150,000

What is the difference between you, yahoo boy, and the people that did it to her ? See Yahoo boy giving advice sha. Na so people you scam dey always cry and curse

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Golan007: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2022
HardMirror:
been a while I used paypal, but the last time I did, the debit was instant and I did not use pin or otp

Your debit would be instant but it doesn't hit the vendor instantly.

PayPal warehouses the money but guaranteeing the vendor that such funds are available should the transaction be successful.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by HardMirror(m): 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
3kay945:

the guy is stupid for asking such question. These are the types of graduates Nigeria is producing

3 Likes

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by linearity: 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
HardMirror:
and who said they withdrew the money? All she got was a debit alert. Yes on international sites you dont need pin and otp at least from some payments I had done before

In the video, if you watched to the end…she clearly stated that, the debit alerts are POS transactions and also stated that, one among the bank security offered to help her, before her card got ‘stuck’ in the ATM.

So, it is either her card get swapped or actually got sticker, she was told to come back on Monday, then retrieved by someone inside followed by the POS debit alerts within 30 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Nyascobar1414: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
3kay945:

The guy said that the person threaten to use his picture for ritual... I'm asking cos he sent it as DM... He said the guy is in ghana.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by HardMirror(m): 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
linearity:

In the video, if you watched to the end…she clearly stated that, the debit alerts are POS transactions and also stated that, one among the bank security offered to help her, before her card got ‘stuck’ in the ATM.

So, it is either her card get swapped or actually got sticker, she was told to come back on Monday, then retrieved by someone inside followed by the POS debit alerts within 30 minutes.
lobatan.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Amah70: 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2022
Aonkuuse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67jLgCjlbSw

Source: https://salemgists.com/womans-account-wiped-by-fraudsters-after-her-atm-card-was-seized-by-atm-machine-video/

Poor lady. May be one of the Victims of growing insider bank workers fraudsters in Nigeria.

Banks need to monitor their staff the more.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Nyascobar1414: 5:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
HardMirror:
see question a supposedly educated nigerian is asking. If it is like that why would people be stressing themselves to kill with billions of picture that are freely available online.

He sent it as private message(his pictures)
And he even threatened to use it for ritual, he even thanked him for the pic and blocked him...
The guy is a Ghanian.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Jaylord12(m): 5:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
Aonkuuse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67jLgCjlbSw

Source: https://salemgists.com/womans-account-wiped-by-fraudsters-after-her-atm-card-was-seized-by-atm-machine-video/

It a bitter experience....I don't use ATM on my main account....I rather transfer from my main account to another...
I can't forget in a rush what happened to me on 22 September,2020
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
SportsHD:
Avoid banks that are prone to fraud, banks like Access, uba, first, gtb, eco, zenith and the rest. Go and open you a union bank. Buhari's share in that bank is making it one of the best and still standing banks in Nigeria.
When last did you read news on Nigeria banks? Which Union Bank is standing? One small bank called TTB is about to buy it over because of their non performance, it's only CBN approval remains.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by HardMirror(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

And he even threatened to use it for ritual, he even thanked him for the pic and blocked him...
The guy is a Ghanian.
not possible.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by HardMirror(m): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nyascobar1414:

The guy is a Ghanian.
one babalawo here on nairaland once asked for my picture and I sent it to him. It is over 5 years now and I am still alive and well. His handle here is babalawos you can check him. He threatened to show me pepper if u can just post my picture and I did, another guy Hahn also did and we are both still very alive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
12rev:

No de support bad thing alaye. A theif is a thief home or abroad. This yahoo thing has to stop.
As all of dem don block ear make dem carry their madness go outside
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Karleb(m): 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
HardMirror:

This reminds me of an argument in the ashawo thread in sexuality section.

A fellow was claiming he could make anyone mad or so if he could lay hands on their name and picture, then someone pasted Ronaldo's picture and full name.

It's been like 2 years now, Ronaldo still dey alive dey score goals both on and off pitch.

2 Likes

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by SportsHD: 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
When last did you read news on Nigeria banks? Which Union Bank is standing? One small bank called TTB is about to buy it over because of their non performance, it's only CBN approval remains.
Does that mean that they would be prone to fraud? Or would that decrease the way their customer service steadily attend to customers? I don't get your point bro. Enlighten me.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Naomi4Noah(m): 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nbotee:
D security men and whoever is in charge of the atm are complicit in dis new system of fraud. Whoever recovered the card from the machine has a lot of questions to answer. I always tell ppl, if U have an atm card, den there is need for U to have d banks mobile app. From my app I deactivate my cards easily weneva I can't find it and in d case of first bank I can chose to deactivate specific services like POS and Online payments the card.
exactly how i do mine. Immediately after every atm or pos transaction, I go to the app to deactivate the atm, pos and online transaction modules
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by xpool(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nbotee:
D security men and whoever is in charge of the atm are complicit in dis new system of fraud. Whoever recovered the card from the machine has a lot of questions to answer. I always tell ppl, if U have an atm card, den there is need for U to have d banks mobile app. From my app I deactivate my cards easily weneva I can't find it and in d case of first bank I can chose to deactivate specific services like POS and Online payments the card.
Nigerian banks are the major part of all financial fraud in Nigeria.
The banks are directly and indirectly involved in all the frauds.
The banks are always shielding and covering the identity of the fraudsters. They will do everything possible to frustrate and discourage any victim from any effort to unmask any fraudster.
First bank in Nnebisi road branch Asaba did it to a family friend, whose ATM card was swapped by a thief pretending to assist her at first bank ATM, and all her salary withdrawn later by the fraudster.
When she discovered as she went to the bank, she asked for the clip to know the identity of the fraudster, the Bank's ATM officer refused and told * if you see am wetin u wan use am do , go and take another card jor."

1 Like

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by TheKingsmann(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
obembet:
There is no difference before between all this these yahoo yahoo and ritualist.

It shall not be well with any yahoo yahoo boys

They will never have peace

They will die a painful death

God will punish all thier supporters
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Nyascobar1414: 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
HardMirror:
one babalawo here on nairaland once asked for my picture and I sent it to him. It is over 5 years now and I am still alive and well. His handle here is babalawos you can check him. He threatened to show me pepper if u can just post my picture and I did, another guy Hahn also did and we are both still very alive.

Ok.. Thanks..
This my nigga blood pressure jus the high..
He said the guy look like a yahoo boy
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Iamsalis: 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Maybe she needed the assistance of someone at that ATM machine...then the person swapped the ATM card...inserted the swapped one and entered the pin....so the machine swallowed the card

Whereas the real ATM card is still with the person....after that the person walked to the nearest pos and withdrew all the money

Don't forget the person retrieving the ATM card has Access to the 16 digits on the, CV V and expiry date of the card. And don't forget some site don't require OTP and PIN to Authenticate transactions.
These scammers have ruined so many life's.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by HardMirror(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
Karleb:

This reminds me of an argument in the ashawo thread in sexuality section.

A fellow was claiming he could make anyone mad or so if he could lay hands on their name and picture, then someone pasted Ronaldo's picture and full name.

It's been like 2 years now, Ronaldo still dey alive dey score goals both on and off pitch.

lol
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Nyascobar1414: 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2022
HardMirror:
not possible.
Okay... Thanks
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Eagba(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
sammirano:
When the y say go school, Igbos no go hear. Simple safety procedure they cant follow.
but them dey go school pass yoruba
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Roushy(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
HardMirror:
lol. Don't talk about things you don't know. You can debit a card without pin if you know what you are doing
I don't think it would be as easy as you make it sound...
A there are experts in hacking, so are there experts in infoSEC who mitigate these security loopholes.
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Hoyematic: 5:40pm On Jan 31, 2022
Dammnn niggar, now I can boldly advise some wannabe on nairaland to enroll in your tutorial center.

Anyways, avoid crime.

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Ihedinuwa69(m): 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
Chaaaiiii ihe emebiela, ree, n'eshi ishi cry
Re: Woman In Tears After Her First Bank Account Was Wiped By Fraudsters (Video) by Digmygold: 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nbotee:

What do you do if Nigerian network fails you in that regard. Remember "this is Nigeria".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Crypto Restriction Opens Nigeria To Fresh Foreign Scramble / How Much Can Person Use To Start Up A Business Shop Like This? (SEE PHOTO) / Tony Elumelu Shows His Flexibility Yoga Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.