Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate (11921 Views)

Bode George: PDP Will Be In The Thrash If A Northerner Gets 2027 Ticket / Wike: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election Without Me / Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by nairavsdollars(f): 6:35am On Feb 01, 2022
Chief Olabode George, the Atona Oodua of the Source and former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, shares his thoughts on developments in the nation ahead of the 2023 general elections. Excerpts:

Some elders of your party are concerned that the national chairman, Iyorchia Ayu has been taking orders from state governors and has technically surrendered the party to them. Are you also worried about that?

Ayu is one of the nine people that started this party and he is not a pushover character. He is a very deft politician who is highly experienced. For those who are complaining about the governors, are they also not members of the party? They can’t be governors in perpetuity. If he listens to them, it doesn’t mean he will just take their advice hook, line and sinker. He will listen to what they say but he will think it through and examine it before taking a decision. The beauty of democracy is that we must have robust debate before any decision is taken. There is no organisation that does not have one crisis or the other. But the ability of the managers to go through serious discussion, lobby, which are all part of democracy, determines their strength. At the centre of such serious discussion is the truth which they must tell themselves.

I want to tell our people to just hold on a little bit. I really don’t know where these fireworks are coming from. To me, the man is committed and abidingly loyal to the cause of the PDP. Like I said, he was one of the nine people who started PDP here in Lagos. He knows the culture and workings of the party.

The moment we had a presidential candidate, automatically, the presidential candidate becomes the leader of the party. But because there was a lacuna, the period of absence of the former Vice- President who was our presidential candidate created a vacuum in the hierarchy. The governors then felt they can’t leave the headship vacant. So, they got into it and they are now telling us that they now own the party. It’s like a competition and a chunky part of the party Have you ever seen anybody who is governor who will one day not leave his position? The position is not a perpetual one. So, to me, I will say let them still give the new NWC time. They are just settling down because the former NWC that just left were really ‘National Wacking Committee’. They never consulted anybody but were just firing on all cylinders and did so many things that we knew one day will almost bring this party down.

They just started. They have Ekiti and Osun governorship elections ahead of them to manage. These are things that could have been better managed. They are going back to the grassroots now to re-establish the party which is highly commendable. I have no doubt in my mind that they will do their best with the support and help of other elders and stakeholders who are loyal to the party. All they need from us is our cooperation. We must join hands with them to ensure they succeed.

President Buhari will be completing his term next year. Which candidate do you think your party can present that has the national appeal to defeat whoever the ruling party fields?

When we get to the bridge, we will cross it. There are so many people in the party all over the country that are competent, cerebral and are nationalistic in their behaviour and character. This decision will require the input of the elders, the party managers, the governors, lawmakers both at federal and state levels to come together. We will debate and put all parameters in the equation and we will find a solution as to which zone and person that will become our flagbearer. We will get there soon.

Do you think age should be a factor in choosing the presidential candidate as being canvassed by some people in your party?

All those will be in the parameter that the party will consider. But there are so many extra parameters now that are coming into play. When the founding fathers conceptualised this idea of zoning, none of them thought that there could be an issue where the presidential candidate will come from another party and from either Northern or Southern zone. Nobody ever thought about that. But today, it is a major parameter in the political equation of this country and in our party. General Buhari is from North-West and he will be finishing his eight years as President next year. Is he not a Nigerian? Do we say it doesn’t concern the PDP because he is from APC? You see that that parameter is a very key part of that political equation. So, we will have to sit down for serious discussion. I’m saying this because the number of people who are card carrying members is much smaller than the total electorate. We will have to weave the concern of the Nigerian voters into the equation too. I believe that because our party is not a conglomeration of strange bedfellows and we are also not a contraption like the other party, we will discuss and look at all these various issues and how it may affect the outcome of the election.

Will your party feel the pulse of Nigerians to know who they really wanted before arriving at this decision?

We will consider the interests and feelings of Nigerians across the six geo-political zones of the country because we will be telling them to trust our party with their votes. That is why anybody we are putting forward as our presidential candidate, we must be able to x-ray the person. Who is this character? What does he do for a living? How has he been impacting people in this country even before the election? Is he only concerned about his family members and cronies alone? These are serious issues we need to consider. We can’t just present anybody that will just appear from nowhere and will begin to lie to the people just because he wants to grab power. Once you start lying in order to get votes, it shows you are not reliable. If you keep telling the people lies, you will also lie about your competence. Only for you to get there and they discover you are not what you claim to be. That is not the kind of candidate we want. We want to know who you are. If you tell us you went to this particular school, we will verify it because we don’t want anyone that will bring the name of our dear party into disrepute.
https://independent.ng/pdp-cant-afford-to-field-a-liar-rogue-as-presidential-candidate-bode-george/

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by helinues: 6:41am On Feb 01, 2022
And what moral justification do you have to be saying this Mr Tewonde?

You possessed all those qualities as well

undecided

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by kaylardz(m): 6:44am On Feb 01, 2022
Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Ryda(m): 7:00am On Feb 01, 2022
"When we get to the bridge, we will cross it."

When APCthieves had already mapped the crossing of the bridge and destroyed it for others no to cross.

Oh! I forgot today's APC was yesterday's PDP, they're all the same.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Lattop1(m): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2022
This EXConvict no go let us rest

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Leonbonapart(m): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2022
Everything about Apc Is lies, hatred, terrorism and all that has to do with evil.
Including one of them below me now who is a vulture griller but never own or become a part of an establishment. What a shame

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:27am On Feb 01, 2022
Question : President Buhari will be completing his term next year. Which candidate do you think your party can present that has the national appeal to defeat whoever the ruling party fields?

Answer : When we get to the bridge, we will cross it

What an opposition foolish party supported by children of hate, frustrations and perdition.
Dem brainwashed animals dem.
Dem fraudsters and criminals.

When una get to d Bridge, make una jump pass.
Awon werey 100%
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink grin cheesy wink

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Jestin: 7:28am On Feb 01, 2022
Corruption has eaten deep into our system that we can hardly even finger pick a qualified candidate for 2023. Well Osibanjo is our choice

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28am On Feb 01, 2022
Lattop1:
This EXConvict no go let us rest
No mind the chief wailer.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Mophor: 7:28am On Feb 01, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Lawalemi(m): 7:30am On Feb 01, 2022
Atiku is coming to pollute PDP chance is 2022 again.

God forbid that I vote for anyone of 70+ of age.

Moghalu might be the ace candidate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by fasho01(m): 7:30am On Feb 01, 2022
This man has just been running his mouth so much lately based on his personal grievances

3 Likes

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by endy69: 7:30am On Feb 01, 2022
2023 we go still dy as we dy now. Nigerians no wan wise
Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Foreigna2: 7:31am On Feb 01, 2022
Bode George is the best thing that ever happened to Lagos Apc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Foreigna2: 7:31am On Feb 01, 2022
Lawalemi:

Moghalu can't even win his LG

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by legallyminded: 7:32am On Feb 01, 2022
Leonbonapart:
vulture griller. How market.

Every blood shared, every life taken by this miserable administration is also on you

Help me ask him o grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by CondemnBattery(f): 7:33am On Feb 01, 2022

Do you really think Moghalu can win his local government chairman's election?
I don't think so.

Lawalemi:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Ezedon(m): 7:34am On Feb 01, 2022
Better
Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by moscobabs(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2022
cool
Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by rightdata: 7:36am On Feb 01, 2022
Most of my Yoruba friends who voted for Buhari have all relocated to Canada. They do not want to enjoy their change again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Chigold101(m): 7:37am On Feb 01, 2022
How fast some posts get to the front page is amazing.

Anyway
Mr Peter Obi has a traceable track records.
Just for the record though

1 Like

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Antoeni(m): 7:37am On Feb 01, 2022
But Rogues and Liars are the Only Candidates PDP have

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by bigdammyj: 7:39am On Feb 01, 2022
Okay
Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Lumig: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2022
cheesy
Sir Olabode George, if you remove the rogues and the liars from the PDP no one will be left to contest or represent the party. Therefore, calm down sir grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by seguno2: 7:40am On Feb 01, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Chief Olabode George, the Atona Oodua of the Source and former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, shares his thoughts on developments in the nation ahead of the 2023 general elections. Excerpts:

https://independent.ng/pdp-cant-afford-to-field-a-liar-rogue-as-presidential-candidate-bode-george/

Is this former Ondo governor, Tewonde George not a rogue as well? Or what is he saying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by seguno2: 7:41am On Feb 01, 2022
Antoeni:
But Rogues and Liars are the Only Candidates PDP have

Unlike APC with the Abacha associate of Petroleum Trust Fraud, PTF as president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by zedman1(m): 7:42am On Feb 01, 2022
Leonbonapart:
vulture griller. How market.

Every blood shared, every life taken by this miserable administration is also on you
'Blood shared'? So Mama Peace been correct?

1 Like

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by Shetemi12(m): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2022
First time this man will talk about mentioning Tinubu name

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate by seguno2: 7:45am On Feb 01, 2022
Jestin:
Corruption has eaten deep into our system that we can hardly even finger pick a qualified candidate for 2023. Well Osibanjo is our choice

You mean that Osinbajo is not corrupt?
The Lagos Attorney General who packaged the Alpha Beta tax collection Bill to Tinubu in 2000 and seven years later helped him do the bogus pensions Bill that became a template for other rogue governors

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? / Anambra State Assembly Passes 5th Alterations Bills Of 1999 Constitution / Afenifere: Buhari Sees Nothing Wrong In Northern Leaders' Inciting Statements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.