Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,086 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West (24033 Views)

Bode George: PDP Will Be In The Thrash If A Northerner Gets 2027 Ticket / Bode George: PDP May Lose 2023 Elections / Bode George: PDP Can’t Afford To Field A Liar, Rogue As Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by EcoBrick: 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2022

A former deputy national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Olabode George lamented that the party has nothing to campaign against the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in the So Suth-West.

The PDP chieftain made this assertion on Friday while speaking on The Morning Show on Arise TV.

Although he did not directly mention Tinubu’s name in his remarks, he, however, alluded to the difficulty PDP will encounter in campaigning against the presidential candidate of APC if South-West is not given a national role in the party’s structure.

His words, “But how do I go on the campaign trip in the South-West and tell the people that look, we are ready and you must vote for our candidate? We must realise that the opposition party has its own presidential candidate from the South-West and he (Tinubu) will tell them (voters) I have the presidential ticket, what does the PDP have on its ticket for South-West?

“Let’s assume the south has the presidential ticket, vice presidential ticket and chairmanship position, how will our PDP brothers from the north take it? Will they be happy? All I am saying is to ensure justice and fairness and if they say they don’t want it, history will be on the side of the truth.

“And if at this age I can’t tell the truth, then what am I doing in politics? It is not a matter of forcing Ayu out. Remember, Ayu himself stated and I quote him: “If the presidential candidate emerges from the north, he will resign as the chairman of the party to allow the balancing”. We are simply just saying “let us be mindful and don’t let us overdrive this,” he said.

George’s concern comes on the heels of his backing for the resignation of the party’s National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu.

According to him, Ayu’s resignation became imperative to ensure balance in the party. He argued that Ayu’s resignation will help PDP convince Nigerians as the right party to vote for during next year’s election.

He said the calls for Ayu’s resignation was in line with the constitution, saying the PDP chairman had himself promised to resign from his position if a northerner emerged as the party’s presidential candidate.

However, George reiterated that zoning is more important now than it was in 1998/1999.

The elder statesman, who noted that he had been part of the party’s system for a long time, said he knew what was right for the party.

He said, “In fact, the need to have zoning now is more important than in 1998/1999. Maybe some of these people don’t understand the concept that led to the thought processes of our founding fathers. Because it is an unwritten law it is up for debate and I hope we have the opportunity to put it down in writing and everybody will be able to read it.

“Those saying they don’t believe in it (zoning) and don’t want it are saying that because they don’t understand what brought about it but I am talking because I was part of the system from the very beginning and we have a saying from my part of the world that when you have old people in any association, they (old people) always make sure they correct the mistakes of the young ones and I am trying to refer us to that concept (zoning) that was established and brought about sanity to the nation.

“Now that we are trying to manoeuvre the concept that came from us to suit certain purposes and personal ambitions, it is going to drive us to the canvass and that is what I am saying.

“We are not asking Ayu that he should be zoned out or forced to resign. We are asking for this in the sense of oneness and inclusivity for him to throw in the towel and let us balance the top positions. We are going to campaign in my zone and we want our party to win. If it is not going to affect the party, I won’t bother,”
he said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/pdp-has-nothing-to-campaign-against-tinubu-in-south-west-bode-george/amp/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by lhordspy: 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Coming from a PDP chieftain.

Chief Bode george why?? You know it is raining over here, this miscreants are going to start crying too. Don't make me drown in their tears
grin

Zombidients right now:
I will tell my mummy for you

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by PresidObi: 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Thanks Bode George, but no thanks.

We are not doing PDP of APC in the south this 2023 elections, both parties are colossal failures and we're rather going for someone new and capable.

Vote for Peter Obi

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by WibusJaga: 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2022

We've all seen videos & pictures of bat..
-stumble & collapse on a table
-struggle to flip thru pages during the primaries
-hands supported by Buhari & Adamu to raise flag
-urinate on his agbada
-speak incoherently
-forgot & stammered AC instead of APC
-supported to stand & walk
-use 2 hands to hold bottled water to drink
-unable to squat & pray in a mosque

It would be a great disservice to Nigerians for such physically & mentally unfit person to govern a complex country like Nigeria.
He should go & take care of his health & enjoy the twilight of his life with his grandkids.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by oyin44: 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
Correct..

it won't be easy for him to convince his fellow south westerners to vote atiku if pdp political
arrangement is not fairly and eguitably settled

Meaning that all the pdp votes that come from South West will be added to tinubu vote

Surely,,pdp is heading to the rock

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Laggafin: 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by ObituaryYebo: 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
All political parties ins the SW are going to work for Emilokan of Africa.

We don't need to loud as the northerners do.

We will show them that we are the sophisticated.

Let them keep decamping in the North while we do internal damage in the South.

Wike, Otorm, Makinde and Ikpeazu are already in the bags

Bitter Obituary no dey get decampeeee ? grin

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Totilopussylick(m): 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2022
His words, “But how do I go on the campaign trip in the South-West and tell the people that look, we are ready and you must vote for our candidate? We must realise that the opposition party has its own presidential candidate from the South-West and he (Tinubu) will tell them (voters) I have the presidential ticket, what does the PDP have on its ticket for South-West?

Hence to say PDP have lost the entire south west to Tinubu.

Although votes from SW will be shared between Obi and druggie tongue.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Felimax(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
PDP does not need to campaign against Tinubu because his ambition is dead on arrival.

Chief Bode should go and campaign for Wike.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Okoroawusa: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
PresidObi:
Thanks Bode George, but no thanks.

We are not doing PDP of APC in the south this 2023 elections, both parties are colossal failures and we're rather going for someone new and capable.

Vote for Peter Obi
I am suspecting that you are a bot. You are always in every thread.

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Gentino(m): 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ayu must go
PDP must scatter
APC will not happen to us again
Vote wisely

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by femisplash: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ayu must stay by fire by force!

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by PresidObi: 6:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Okoroawusa:

I am suspecting that you are a bot. You are always in every thread.

Am not, just a concerned Nigerian youth who is annoyed about the evils in Nigeria. We can do better.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
So Bode George PA that decamped to APC was because of this game..

Well doesn't matter

Atiku is coming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by SenatePresdo(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Muslim-Muslim Jihadists Agenda is dead on Arrival.

Tinubu that doesn't care if all Yorubas run away to Cotonou as IDP, as long as he's president is not a good man, and can never be president.

He wouldn't even blink if they tell him 500 people were murdered in SW.

Let Tribalism not becloud our sense of judgement, we blacks can actually do better.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by nazicartel(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
lhordspy:
Chief Bode george why?? grin

Zombidients right now.
this one sweet you ehhh
Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Omahleigh(f): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Who else notice that Bode George and other sensible yorubas have stayed away from attacking Peter Obi? They all understand that he's a southerner too and that it's a win-win for the south if he wins. Even Arakurin Akeredolu said it himself that he has no issue with Obi. The only people attacking Obi are Tinubu's urchins. They would rather attack their own southern brother than Atiku because both Tinubu and Atiku are birds of the same feather. What a world!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Damipada(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
K
Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Tinubuwins2023e: 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tinubu is winning this election no cap

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by GeneralPula: 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Exactly..

Tinubu did well when he was a Governor. He did a lot so there’s nothing like he’s not capable..

Even Peter Obi supporters don’t have anything to campaign against tinubu aside from physical abuse & fake news..

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Eriggs: 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
JAGABAN ALL THE WAY

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Kingpele(m): 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
This guy is too jealous and greedy..I think this man need the agbado and cassava more than the rest of tinubu urchins in this forum...if u are talking about zoning the most suitable Zone is south east having been neglected since 1999,but your useless party choose a northern fulani old man to replace another old fulani man from the North..and u have the guts to talk about zoning, Peter obi is the most qualified in terms of zoning, capacity and youthfulness..it is a matter of justice, equity and good conscience.. the Cameroonian thief should rather seek Nigerian citizenship and apologised to the nation for the funds he stole from the system which would have gone a long way to reduce the sufferings of majority of our citizens...

2 Likes

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by dyera(m): 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
lol
Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by BATified2023: 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
A
Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Realists(m): 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Bitter truth, The Christianization ( Ipobian Terrorist) agenda has been dealt a big blow, by BAT & Atiku.

6 Likes

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by ATLIEN2027: 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Bola Hamed Tinubu is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by ATLIEN2027: 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
SenatePresdo:
Muslim-Muslim Jihadists Agenda is dead on Arrival.

Tinubu that doesn't care if all Yorubas run away to Cotonou as IDP, as long as he's president is not a good man, and can never be president.

He wouldn't even blink if they tell him 500 people were murdered in SW.

Let Tribalism not becloud our sense of judgement, we blacks can actually do better.

IPOB terrorist Zombidient spotted.
Pandora Obituary the IPOB terrorist leader and his brainwashed ret@rded Zombidients will be the biggest losers after the election.
They will simply go back to calling Nigeria zoo and move back to their IPOB terrorist camps.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Stevenson20: 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tinubu ((Bishop Agbado of Agbado Diocese, AKA Drug Lord) and Atiku ( Modern father of corruption, AKA Mikano) are just wasting their time.

Obi/Datti is their next president

1 Like

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by Shetemi12(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
PRESIDENT BOLA TINUBU

It is settled �♥️

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by obembet(f): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Truth but we want power to remain in North.

Atikulate 2023
Re: Bode George: PDP Has Nothing To Campaign Against Tinubu In South-West by SenatePresdo(m): 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
lhordspy:
Chief Bode george why?? grin

Zombidients right now.

I always knew all urchins are eternally foolish like their ancestors grin

So PDP supporters are also Zombiedients?

Heart attack to urchins they are wasting oxygen grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Is Buying Technology That Can Disable Inec's Card Readers -APC / Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai / Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.