Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,315 members, 7,850,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life (1171 Views)

My Mum Bullying My Dad Is Getting Out Of Hand!!! / My 85-Year-Old Dad Is Cheating On My Mom / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life by Ishilove: 11:01am On Feb 01, 2022
TOTOnigga:
Hello guys...so for those of you who are familiar with Lagos, please help me analyse this..

But can you believe what my dad told me, he said that can never happen, that I would have to be going to school from home(festac) to school (OJO road) every day because according the him "I want to go and be fornicating there.
Why won't he say that. See your yeye username
Re: Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life by LilMissFavvy(f): 11:27am On Feb 01, 2022
Even if you didn't like the course you studied in school, you should have done everything to graduate, after all you can always go for a second degree to do your dream course.

While I was in school, the distance was just as far as what you mentioned, so there is nothing wrong with it unless you are a lazy assss who will not know how to manage his time/ wake early daily.

Your dad is giving you another chance in education, don't disappoint him again.
Re: Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life by Dailyparrot: 11:31am On Feb 01, 2022
Pussyassniggar:

Yes it can be covered with bike but the risk involved on that road eh
And his damn 21 why should his father think like that
This is discouraging nau

You're correct. I think the problem is that Op is providing the wrong reason for wanting to live closer to the school which is social life. You don't need to live alone to have a social life.

The major reason should be the distance and stress involved. Festac to Ojo is a traffic prone journey and going there to and fro everyday is not healthy and may impact on his academic performance.
Re: Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life by Dailyparrot: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2022
Ishilove:

Why won't he say that. See your yeye username

Why do all of you have problem with the username.

Username here doesn't mean anything. The quietest of people use the weirdest of usernames.

I had one that I abandoned because my sister saw it and was like, why will I use such a username.

It doesn't matter to me.
Re: Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life by Nezzjnr: 12:05pm On Feb 01, 2022
Lmao Madonna don expel this one... He change am to I don't like the course I'm studying cheesy cheesy.

Festac to Lasu isn't far.. 20 mins journey... But be careful with the way you ply that route because it can be dangerous and Police no dey like use eyes see Young Boys for that road.
Re: Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life by Pussyassniggar(f): 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2022
Dailyparrot:

You're correct. I think the problem is that Op is providing the wrong reason for wanting to live closer to the school which is social life. You don't need to live alone to have a social life.

The major reason should be the distance and stress involved. Festac to Ojo is a traffic prone journey and going there to and fro everyday is not healthy and may impact on his academic performance.
Exactly
Op u should tell Ur dad on how stressful the journey is
He should know that anyway he lives in festac too
Re: Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life by Pootle: 2:28pm On Feb 01, 2022
don't be stubborn enter bus to school daily
Re: Why My Annoying Dad Is About To Do To My Social Life by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Acidosis:

Like most people who come here for advice, he has only succeeded in providing half / incomplete information so there is no "ENTIRE" picture to work with. Who quits school in Nigeria at 300 level in a private university just because they don't like the course? He should provide the other information so people can advise him properly.

Having to pay another school fees from 100 level is enough reason for any father to be strict. This is my view based on available information.

I share your views too on this matter chief...
I don't think the OP has provided enough information to go with and this particular conclusion you drew here is spot on considering the info at your disposal...

What made me come on your mention was the fact that you questioned his "maturity and decision making abilities" on the basis of his choice of name...

And also...
You may not have seen people leave school at 300level because they don't like a course but I have, I know a girl who left Biochemistry to study Medicine & Surgery...

She wrote jamb right from when she was in year 1 and in year 3 she got it and thus left Biochemistry, so it's not entirely as "abnormal" as you would think....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How A Goat Fell Into My House From A Ceiling While I Sl£pt — Man / When Your Mother Is Crying / Is It Wrong To Date Your Brother-in-law's Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.