Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

My In-laws Driving Me Nuts - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In-laws Driving Me Nuts (36071 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Toktee(m): 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
Worriedwife:

Address her sister inlaw’s rudeness and laziness. If her blood sister is rude, am sure she would have beaten her silly. Not all of us tolerate nonsense frm our siblings
How do you that her allegations is true?

why is she in a hurry to send her away now immediately the husband,is there anything she want to indulge in now that the husband is away but the sister has become a stumbling block?
who the HELL she to undone what the husband have done?
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Toktee(m): 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
Acidosis:

I think you should ignore some comments here. Your concerns are very valid. However, it could be that your sister in law was deliberately planted in your home to monitor your movement. This might continue for as long as your husband is away.

Moving on, don't give your in-laws the impression that you want the girl out of your home, rather keep talking to your husband. I don't agree that his parents influence all his moves. The decision to keep the girl in your house or not fully rest on his shoulders.
But why is she been economical with truth.?
Her reason for wanting the young lady out is cos she's rude,lazy etching,and suddenly she do not need extra mouth....what is she saying?
can she do that to her own sister?
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Dksmile: 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2022
Aunty leave her let her stay Ooo untill you go and join your hubby too. Is part of the plan for them to monitor you so you won't go
and be collecting outside naw grin abi you wan collect? ;
I understand anyway body no be wood grin
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by swissgoldenpro2: 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
Wahala everywhere
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Adeplus: 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:
I and my husband live in a mini flat (a room and parlor self contain) and since the very day we got the place early last year, his younger brother has been living with us because he fought with their father and my husband told him to come over to his place (we weren't married then but live together) so he continued living with us till he went to school last year November, and we were both happy that we can finally have our own privacy.

Meanwhile my husband has a very nosy family, different family member keep coming to visit Everytime and spending up to 2 weeks until I change attitude to them and make them leave.

Fast forward to December, a month after his brother left, the parents called to let his sister move with us, hubby declined but his family won't budge so he accepted.

Now hubby has travelled abroad and the sister wouldn't leave, I don't know what to do, she doesn't do anything here and she's rude. I want her to leave, I've tried stopping all the comfort she enjoys when her brother was around.

Please help

Let’s tell ourselves the truth, put aside if this woman is at fault or not or the husband.

My question is what are in-laws doing in their siblings houses for too long, abi dem no get work do Or is that how unless they can be ?

Nigeria alone is stress why bug your siblings partner, in-laws don’t have businesses in their homes, before any of your siblings got married i believe everyone were doing fine.

Look I don’t value these so called tradition, leave married couples ALONE!!!!

I really don’t know why some African people don’t mind their business.

They are married.

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Adeplus: 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2022
Thedon22:

There is nothing like privacy from your husband's family once you marry in African culture. Your husband's people become your people. If you don't want that you should have married a white man. In Africa, you are married into your husband's family. That is why you bear his name. You need to tolerate and develop your emotional maturity.

This is so wrong, why are we Africans like this, can we just mind our business forget say brother or sister…siblings get married and they have started their lives of their own with their preferred partner.

Those In-laws no get work I’m so sure of that.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Adeplus: 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
AmazingELixir:

Op better to start with "My husband and I" instead of " I and my husband"..

Back to the issue raised, what in goodness sakes is chasing your husband's siblings from their family house, why can't people respect the boundaries of others.
Madam I really do sympathize with what you're passing through, the blame squarely lies on your husband that has proven incapable of protecting your interest. Just try and find something doing that will keep you out of the house and also reduce opportunity of confrontation with your sister inlaw.
Although it is known women hardly cohabit peacefully because their peculiar nature.

I agree I blame the husband and he didn’t do his job well by making sure his family respects his wife. Na rubbish naw. It’s obvious thy they are trying to manage life and because one sibling(s) is claims he’s my brother, total RUBBISH.

1 Like

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Adeplus: 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2022
franchasofficia:
Life no balance sha. While we are looking for people and even crowd to come overcrowd our house, this lady is busy chasing out the ones coming to keep her house busy.

I don't know why black women love to live alone with their hubby and kids alone. The joy of life is having people around.

I wish to have crowd in my house so my boy can have playmates and not feel too lonely.

Op talk to the girl, if she doesn't do chores scold her and teach her. You need company and help.

I just wished I or my wife had younger siblings to flood our house cry

Great!!! What works for you should not be imposed on others.

I love gathering too but there is something called privacy in marriage some love it while some don’t.

People should respect your ideology while you should respect hers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Adeplus: 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:
I and my husband live in a mini flat (a room and parlor self contain) and since the very day we got the place early last year, his younger brother has been living with us because he fought with their father and my husband told him to come over to his place (we weren't married then but live together) so he continued living with us till he went to school last year November, and we were both happy that we can finally have our own privacy.

Meanwhile my husband has a very nosy family, different family member keep coming to visit Everytime and spending up to 2 weeks until I change attitude to them and make them leave.

Fast forward to December, a month after his brother left, the parents called to let his sister move with us, hubby declined but his family won't budge so he accepted.

Now hubby has travelled abroad and the sister wouldn't leave, I don't know what to do, she doesn't do anything here and she's rude. I want her to leave, I've tried stopping all the comfort she enjoys when her brother was around.

Please help

My advice, I’m sorry this is happening to you, you should have known all these while dating him or during courtship anyways YOU ARE MARRIED NOW so no going back but moving forward.

Constantly speak to your husband and keep staying low in the house with her “don’t fight her” but make sure you have a job that occupies your mind while you wait for solutions from your husband.

Also if you can get good amount of cash saved please leave the house “God bless you on moving into a bigger house with you kid” and face life till your husband comes.

I choose to see the good in everyone don’t let me assume you wanna mess around with men.

Build up skillset, take care of your bills and stay low in this life and enjoy with your kid.

May God bless your hubby with good job so he takes care of his family that you and your child.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Cornerstone2018: 2:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
Bring one of your siblings that doesn't tolerate nonsense in. You will thank me later.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by seanwilliam(m): 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2022
Mindlog:

Our parents' home is the family house, our siblings' home isn't as we are guests in our married siblings' home....their husbands/wives and children come before us as we have become their extended family members.
and if the wife show una shege una go run to that extended family crying for help abi?
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by chukwuoke(m): 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:

Please help

I don't want to pronounce you wicked! But always show love woman. Success in life is base on love.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by SHOPPERS(m): 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2022
viceddy95:
How which she was your sister, will you do same thing to her even though she spends years there..
No single respect for your husband's family

Madam make peace with your in-laws, don't come to social media looking for support in the name of advice....

Your husband just traveled abroad and you want to start turning him against his family already...

Don't make any nonsense peace.

Find ways to get her out abeg. You deserve peace and privacy in your matrimonial home. Don't allow his family deprive you of that.

Call him, if it is to rent an extra apartment outside for family, that's fine. You'll just automatically turn yourself to a slave abeg.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Mindlog: 3:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
seanwilliam:
and if the wife show una shege una go run to that extended family crying for help abi?

Which shege? No one has the monopoly of showing the other shege!

A married couple live in a small space of 2 rooms, what business do any relative (from both sides) have going to live and share that small space with them or are they not entitled to their privacy?

3 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by homealone00: 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2022
Itzurboi:
Do you live within lagos so we can atleast meet?
so you can kidnap me right? See this Bandit oooo grin grin
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by FireKing: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2022
Olarhhh:
The truth is that ur husband people her to watch over you cos u are their investment and your husband just travelled....so be patient and be at peace with her....secondly, correct her if she does wrong but when things goes wrong communicate with ur husband

Please help
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by FireKing: 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
The truth is that ur husband people her to watch over you cos u are their investment and your husband just travelled....so be patient and be at peace with her....secondly, correct her if she does wrong but when things goes wrong communicate with ur husband
Olarhhh:

Please help
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Elidrisy20: 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
First of all,are you obidient?
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by yusufmurry: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
ImaIma1:

If we have to start selecting families we should marry from, we might miss out on the special one. Sometimes we meet a great man whose family we later find out are troublesome.

If we are lucky, the man will be someone who can protect us from his family's troubles. If not, that's where trouble begins.

Pls there is no luck in marriage or relationship , otherwise you would get disappointment and frustration. By default, everyone is good both man and woman. Don't go for an experiment in a marriage/relationship
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by 234GT(m): 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2022
lookingfly:
I think this one key area after money that intending couples should always discuss. Just some days back, I was discussing with colleagues on this same issue of family members beit mine or my wife's coming to stay immediately after marriage. I told them we would agreed between me and my wife that family be whoever will not exceed 2 weeks in our house after getting married till say after 3 years of marriage except for omugo which will be at most 2 months. Parents should learn to understand that after marriage, the couples should be let alone to forge their path and be bonded very well before any interference. The advice I've for is for you and your husband to discuss this, also if you both finally agree that if anybody should come and stay, it shouldn't be for a long period of time and you should also be willing to adhere to it. Any family member that does have any place to stay should stay away from your personal house. Your husband or you should rent a seperate apartment for your relatives and must be responsible for them since you consented to their coming.

2 weeks dey turn to 2 years baba. It is only greed that will make a guy or lady leave her parents house and stay with a married sibling.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Itzurboi(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
homealone00:
so you can kidnap me right? See this Bandit oooo grin grin
Nah, don't think evil.. I just want to see how comport you can be when we meet.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Wwwq: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
Okay
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Idaytesj29(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
Br the thing too dey pain me .

Na to just dey manage them. The key is to do your best, love your kids, take care of your responsibilities to family and friends when you can and don't let her turn your children against you. They are necessary evils.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Lovelydaisies: 4:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
akpunda86:

U want to cheat,and the sister an obstacle to you,Is not gud only u staying when u know Ur hubby is outside the country,it was well planned,Ur hubby knows he will be travelling so was an arangee for the sis going forget it,was made to look like the family sent her,even if me Na same I go do..And u never get kids,Abeg sis park well and enjoy your sis inlaw.

Now let me read comments

I'm very sure you didn't read the post.
The sister they 'sent' to monitor the woman has no life of her own to be monitoring her brother's wife abi?
Secondly, shey the husband no need monitoring in the abroad?
You should read the post and comment like a human.

4 Likes

Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by judedwriter(m): 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
VEXT:
Marriage na scam aswear ..most women are problems !!!!

Marriage isn't a scam.

Just be careful with your choice of a wife.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by E2000: 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2022
If you kick her out your marriage is many steps closer to the grave.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by purejustice36: 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2022
Your husband no want make u carry man come house come fvck
Na the sister be the security
He knows how Nigerians woman fvck anything under shokoto
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Perfectbeing(m): 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
Dem never born the woman that will break my relationship with any of my family member. Even if my blood brother sleeps with my wife, I'll forgive my brother but she will leave.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by akpunda86: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2022
Lovelydaisies:

I'm very sure you didn't read the post.
The sister they 'sent' to monitor the woman has no life of her own to be monitoring her brother's wife abi?
Secondly, shey the husband no need monitoring in the abroad?
You should read the post and comment like a human.

I'm not a human
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Emma2Seconds: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
Yeah Brotherly
Idaytesj29:

Na to just dey manage them. The key is to do your best, love your kids, take care of your responsibilities to family and friends when you can and don't let her turn your children against you. They are necessary evils.
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Ndidi2: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
Emma2Seconds:
Guys Why Do Most Women Find It Very Difficult In Accommodating People From Their Husband Side Than Their Their Own Side
if u and someone no get along y would you be staying with them?

Some in-laws can frustrate the wife especially if they don't love her.

Y don't everyone stay on their own..
Re: My In-laws Driving Me Nuts by Emma2Seconds: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2022
Visiting ones son or brother is now a crime after marriage Abii?? 99.9 percent of you ladies are very deadly and wicked .
Ndidi2:
if u and someone no get along y would you be staying with them?

Some in-laws can frustrate the wife especially if they don't love her.

Y don't everyone stay on their own..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Child Found Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway Presently At Ibafo Police Station (pho / Generator Fumes Kill Couple In Edo State, Corpses Discovered By Son.Photos/Video / Woman Divorces Her Husband, Forces Daughter To Go With Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.