Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly (31529 Views)

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? / Nine Nurses In The Same Labour Unit All Pregnant At Same Time In Maine Hospital / 3 Sisters Pregnant At The Same Time (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by ZALA64: 11:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good evening dear Nairalanders, I have a story to share with you and I will appreciate your candid advice

I have a junior sister of about 21 years of age, finished secondary school in 2019, tried gaining admission but didn't get eventually, also did A level but at the end, there was nothing to show for, this isn't cause she is a dullard but something Sha must end up something, she applied for another A level at Unilag, and was pushing through not until the news of her pregnancy came in, she was two months gone when I got to know, I really tried to persuade her to abort because I was concerned about her Education and our parent feeling but she insisted and I allowed her take her decision, we informed my dad and mum then the big issue starts, right now my dad does not want to have anything to do with her, she is currently living at my dad's junior brother house

The most annoying part to my dad was that she got pregnant to a Christian which my dad would not approve of, even when they tried to talk to him multiple, right now, he does not care if she exist or not, all he knows is she can't live under his roof anymore

I am the elder sister and my consign goes beyond the religion issue, the boys mother is some sort of hell, didn't like my sister and she looks really fetish, the whole family looked cursed to me, the guy is the only one that managed to finish ND and he is currently learning Mechanic after his ND Program, I have tried to persuade my sister to not have the intention of getting married to the guy now, because first she's young, second how would she feed and third that family is a no no, the red flags are just too glaring, Her strong head is just too much which is why I'm putting it out, if she's reading comments from another person maybe she'd pick something, I have invited her as a guest to Nairaland and she would be seeing all your advices. Kindly help us.

Thank you.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Dollarremix(m): 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
My sister wen d Time is right,dem no dey tell person.see dat girl girl way dos small children cut her head for ritual.shea bi her elder sister warned her but she no gree tell me where she dey now? Dem no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall.

214 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by damosade(m): 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
Leave her alone,love dey do am gishi gishi., By the time reality of life sets in nobody will tell her.

176 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by CandyOps(m): 11:34pm On Feb 01, 2022
Bold of you to decide what your sister does with her body for her especially now she's an adult.
But then I understand you. You are the older sis and raising a kid isn't child's play.

This is a hard one. as she wan born the pikin una go begin focus on teaching her a marketable skill.
Because she'll need to start earning her own money.

Learn a skill (like how to sell human hair on IG & facebook) because to be single mom for Nigeria without much help is not a child's play
Any skill she learns now will help her earn a living after birth.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
I think your Dad should first be ready to be a grand pa ... all this shakara he is doing won't work. Secondly it is not compulsory she must be married to the guy if she doesn't like him, but if she does like him ba damua. Thirdly I don't think religion is a strong point, it is only God that know who is holy, everybody just carry religion for head in 9ja and finally you need to seat her down and help her map out a plan for her life, she cannot use her own to kobalize the innocent baby God is designing.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Beblessedbaba: 11:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
Dearest Younger sister,

Out there is no piece of cake dropping any where at the drop of a hat. use your head not your heart when you have the opportunity now. There is a major shift on r motherhood comes on stream.

I pity you for what you want to put yourself into at the moment. Even single mothers with skills and married couple are complaining in your own case you think it is just push and push then you are a mother. Use your head my dear no pun intended.

Your greatest support system are discussing with you now; it is best you engage them properly. I really wish there is a crystal ball for you to know what you want to get into at 21 with no skill.

NB: Men don't have chill for women again o especially single mothers. They will use you, use your spirit and soul join in the name of love and chasing resources.

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Freestainworld(m): 12:34am On Feb 02, 2022
Your father should better start accepting his grandchild in advance, all this his garagara won't solve any problem.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Kosoco(m): 1:06am On Feb 02, 2022
Your father should rescind his decision.... which your sister could come stay with me. But who got her pregnant?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by nabone: 2:07am On Feb 02, 2022
Your father should accept the fact that he's a grandfather to be, your sister needs to be proud active (learn a skill or trade) to be able to cater for the baby.

Life goes on.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by ednut1(m): 2:42am On Feb 02, 2022
Let her bear the consequences of her decisions. In future na you go dey feed them. Sad

7 Likes

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 02, 2022
A 21year old girl is an adult, so you can't decide for her, you can only advice her and if after that, she chooses not to follow your advice, you simply let her be undecided...

Allow her face the consequences of her decision.... I know you love her and all,but you can't force an adult to listen if they don't want to, so let her be...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by revived2: 5:02am On Feb 02, 2022
ZALA64:
Good evening dear Nairalanders, I have a story to share with you and I will appreciate your candid advice

I have a junior sister of about 21 years of age, finished secondary school in 2019, tried gaining admission but didn't get eventually, also did A level but at the end, there was nothing to show for, this isn't cause she is a dullard but something Sha must end up something, she applied for another A level at Unilag, and was pushing through not until the news of her pregnancy came in, she was two months gone when I got to know, I really tried to persuade her to abort because I was concerned about her Education and our parent feeling but she insisted and I allowed her take her decision, we informed my dad and mum then the big issue starts, right now my dad does not want to have anything to do with her, she is currently living at my dad's junior brother house

The most annoying part to my dad was that she got pregnant to a Christian which my dad would not approve of, even when they tried to talk to him multiple, right now, he does not care if she exist or not, all he knows is she can't live under his roof anymore

I am the elder sister and my consign goes beyond the religion issue, the boys mother is some sort of hell, didn't like my sister and she looks really fetish, the whole family looked cursed to me, the guy is the only one that managed to finish ND and he is currently learning Mechanic after his ND Program, I have tried to persuade my sister to not have the intention of getting married to the guy now, because first she's young, second how would she feed and third that family is a no no, the red flags are just too glaring, Her strong head is just too much which is why I'm putting it out, if she's reading comments from another person maybe she'd pick something, I have invited her as a guest to Nairaland and she would be seeing all your advices. Kindly help us.

Thank you.

Leave your sister alone

She go get sense
Nah the third leg still dae worry am
Her mates dae jack crypto and fx she dae love up with one guy

Wey your sister suppose buy lappy and start feeding her mind towards Financial freedom so she go jam better person for front.

And if she's reading this , you are a fool if you have anything to do with that guy

Woooo, e go be

11 Likes

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 02, 2022

20 Likes

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by GboyegaD(m): 5:10am On Feb 02, 2022
You guys are not concerned about your sister and how she is managing with being pregnant at this age but rather, trying to dissect some other family's history. You are not any better than the guy's family if instead of trying to have a meaningful conversation with your sister and the guy on their plans, you are focusing on what shouldn't be the primary concern.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by sisisioge: 5:19am On Feb 02, 2022
The head wey go chop knock must chop am, even if them hide am inside cooler he go say he wan collect fresh air.

Leave her alone....it is her destiny to pull in the hard life. Also, another life is involved, we cant advise her to abort at this time since she has informed everyone and baby is growing. May God help her....may God truly help her.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Neptunium(m): 5:25am On Feb 02, 2022

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by GboyegaD(m): 5:34am On Feb 02, 2022
Neptunium:
oga, Nobody asked her to get pregnant, she chose to. No education, no marriage, no money, to a nigga of different religion? She chose to get pregnant, to keep the pregnancy, allow her face the consequences. At her age, she's an adult

Nonetheless, it isn't for the family to start thinking of themselves better than the guy's family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by NoToPile: 5:39am On Feb 02, 2022
Too much teenage/unwanted pregnancy stories nowadays.

What happened to 'not having sex'

A lot of issues will be avoided.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Gerrard59(m): 6:52am On Feb 02, 2022
GboyegaD:

Nonetheless, it isn't for the family to start thinking of themselves better than the guy's family.

Judging by the original post, the girl's family is better than the boy's family. Worse still, the boy's mother doesn't like the girl, how is she going to cope? Pregnant girl thinks this is Hollywood and she's in Sweden or Spain where governments do giveaway to pregnant women?! grin

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Gerrard59(m): 6:55am On Feb 02, 2022
The way I was trained eh, if you take any action, you alone will bear the consequences. So, I don't have anything to advise you on.

She should bear the consequences, because last I checked, condom is minimum N150. If the irresponsible fvcktard of a boy couldn't buy a pack, he should have bought just a sachet! You see why I said they should both bear the consequences?!

The last thing I'll ever do is advise irresponsible people!

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by frozen70(f): 7:26am On Feb 02, 2022
ZALA64:

Thank you.

You have tried your best to persuade her to think twice, but the person you are talking about is like a moving train that won't stop unti she gets to her Bustop

She has no experience but wants to learnt the hard way

I don't want her to see you as the problem of her life

Leave her to go into that fire, when it burns her, she will run out, but by then she will be coming out with a permanent scars

Life is a teacher

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by MufasaLion: 7:32am On Feb 02, 2022
This generation is shit!

At 21, I was almost done in the University.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by ibechris(m): 8:17am On Feb 02, 2022
No one should blame your father as even u couldn't tolerate such a family,how well should your father tolerate her.
Don't u know that pregnancy out of wedlock is simply a shame to any good family in Nigeria. It takes away fatherly respect and dignity such that creating a permanent dent to the image of the supposed family.

However,your sister indeed messed up big time. She got herself impregnated by a liability especially now that baby things are so so expensive and killing.

Let your uncle take her to the family whose son is responsible for the pregnancy so as to know their position on the matter.if not,they may choose to claim otherwise,hence the beginning of her problem.

U guys should hear them out first before concluding on what to do.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by ITSAZA: 8:41am On Feb 02, 2022
ZALA64:

Thank you.
ZALA64:

Thank you.
ZALA64:

Thank you.

This is digusting and shameful.
Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 02, 2022
Beblessedbaba:
Dearest Younger sister,

Out there is no piece of cake, use your head not your heart when you have the opportunity now.

I pity yo you for what you what to put yourself into at the moment. Even single mothers with skills and married couple are complaining in your own case you think it is just push and push then you are a mother. Use your head.

Your greatest support system are discussing with you now; it is best you engage them properly. I really wish there is crystal ball for you to know what you want to get into at 21 with no skill.

NB: Nigerian men don't have chill for women o especially single mothers. They will use you, use your spirit and soul join in the name of love.

@Op, tell your sister to listen to this guy and she will be well guided.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by ImaIma1(f): 8:56am On Feb 02, 2022
Right now, all advice will fall on deaf ears because she is blinded by the romantic love and the vision of a beautiful life together where he will wake up every morn and kiss her good morning.

She will come to realization herself like the prodigal son. It might be too late to pick up herself or she might still have a chance.

When life happens, she will look back at the chance she had to have a good quality of life and how she threw it all away. Experience always teaches people better. Only a few can forsee the future and step back and change course.

Best thing is to let her do what she wants. When the scales fall off her eyes, she'll be looking for how to come back.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by yuping(m): 9:24am On Feb 02, 2022
undecided hmmm she go hear word by force.
Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by bencarson007(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2022
One of the worst things to happen to one at this age and time is to be a single parent and worst still a single parent with a child from someone that is a no no.

Whilst abortion is bad, your baby sister is sitting on a keg of about to explode gunpowder.

I have been there and as a single father who had a child with a not compatible lady from a home like the one you painted, I live to regret to this day. Worse still I am almost like a condemned material because the said kid is a boy. Now almost no woman wants to touch me with a 500 metre pole because according to them, I already have a heir and I am bad news. Lol...

You see that love wey dey shack sister 21 like shakitibobo will soon disappear like a ghost and when the chips are down, she will live to regret it. Make she dey there dey form Rihanna first. Her eyes go clear soon.

As for you please don't abandon her but still be her big sister so that when yawa wan gas, she still get where she go fall back to.

Abortion like i said is bad but for now, best option is ABORT MISSION.

CODE RED...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by Hed0nist: 9:58am On Feb 02, 2022
My problem with people like this girl is that when e burst and you refuse to help them, you'll be tagged as a wicked person. They'll forget when you tried explaining the consequences to them.

When you care more about a person than they do about themselves, you'll always be taken for granted.

14 Likes

Re: My Sister Got Pregnant At 21 And My Dad Is Not Taking It Lightly by lereinter(m): 10:03am On Feb 02, 2022
You better be careful with this issue, the same girl might turn out to be the bread winner of your family.

What's is wrong with Nd holder doing mechanic, do you know how many graduate that are jobless.

Thread carefully

Face your own future

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before / 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.