Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones (31553 Views)

Young Nigerian Man Celebrates 6th Wedding Anniversary With His Older White Wife / I Saw This Inside My Younger Brothers Bag (photos) / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by Woged2005(f): 6:40am On Mar 26, 2015
In my recent interactions I observed that most single ladies who are getting anxious about marriage due to age have one thing in common - Almost 70% of them were once in a relationship that wasted their time, blinded them to reasons, and later disappointed their expectations. This included:

1) Sugar Daddy Relationships: This is practically a No1. on the list. Most of today’s desperate single ladies were once involved in a relationship with a sugar-daddy who simply kept them for s*xual purposes while lavishing them with gifts, money, travels and lodging in expensive hotels. They got carried away by the eupohria. It’s even more shocking that despite the gifts and money most of the ladies received, some have nothing today to show for such relationships than regrets, anger and bruised emotions. You can even see the trend today on Nigerian blogs (including NL) as young ladies of 'easy virtue' brandish expensive gifts from their affluent sugar-daddies to justifying their ‘hustling’. But what many people don’t read is what happens to them later as they age. These are same ladies littered in churches later in life crying “Lord, why has thou forsaking me”, while others are enmeshed in various frustrations.

A sugar daddy never loves a girl. Just face it! They enjoy a young, beautiful body they can experiment their s*xual fantasies on. They keep their own daughters safe under secured environments, but waste another young lady’s opportunities, sometime derailing her future. In the end, they return to their wives & kids, while the sugar-baby is left in emotional bruises and negative spiritual consequences.

2). The Immature Boys: Obviously, boys don’t marry, men do. Here I define a 'boy' as a male human not yet ready for the responsibility of marriage (he might be rich, grownup, even has a job). ‘Boy-friend’ is what you do when u're a teenager, experimenting with life, not as a adult. Once you hit social maturity and wants to settle down (except you are rising & maturing proportionately with ur boyfriend) hanging on to a mere 'boy' at the expense or real, potential suitors is a waste of your time. He might be cute, sings well, athletic, funny, has six-pack muscles, or may one day become an Engineer etc, but sista, after 25 a lady should get real. I don’t expect a smart lady at that age to wait for another 3-4yrs for a boy to ‘grow-up’.

Knowing a man who is a marriage material:

- He is Single- Because married men are not available except in cultures/religions that permit polygamy
-Emotionally matured – If he still fumes, gets into open fights, feats of jealousy, & possessively controlling, abeg apply ur brakes. He’s a time-bomb
-Has a stable means of livelihood- otherwise, how will he pay ur dowry & feed ur kids? smiley
-You know his close friends –They are either married or getting married, so he’s under peer influence. It’s irresponsible to date someone you don’t know his/her close circle of friends to determine if u fit in.
-Most time you are his only girlfriend- The more the competition, the less could be ur chances.
-He has asked you- Until a man pops that ‘M’ question, don’t predict his intention is marriage. He may like you as a person but there are other reasons you may not end up his wife (individual differences, religion, culture, s*xual incompatibility, family resistance, health issues)

Be smart. May God not allow anyone to waste your time this year!

147 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by iPopAlomo(m): 6:45am On Mar 26, 2015
My last "girlfriend" three years ago told me the same thing... I should grow up... infact she broke up with me with that word... after some silly advice from her aunty... She became a lawyer as I got into final year three years ago... I'm an engineer now... lol... I'm socially responsible... and guess what...she's still Single...

I was a boy... infact... I'm still a boy... I didn't cheat... I was damn loyal... Thank God... I didn't grow up...

She met me a boy... she knew me a boy... and all of a sudden... she wants superman... what's you women contribution to the system...? what do you bring to the table...? Nothing...

Shay na man come suffer...?

Most ladies are going to end up being wife number 4 to one Alhaji...

240 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by Tallesty1(m): 6:49am On Mar 26, 2015
Some are single because of karma.

They broke many hearts and ruined the future of potential husbands so karma got very angry at them and said, "Young lady, there is no other heart for you" so all they get is players, sugar papas and unserious dudes.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by SpeedyConnect(m): 6:50am On Mar 26, 2015
Good, also being overly picky and fussy. I blame guys that equally waste the time of women.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 26, 2015
This is rocket science.. The oldies enjoyed "heavy love" without all this tips. The world is sick, it reeks of evil. Give your heart to God and He'll place it in the hands of the person who deserves you most.

¤Np Mali Music- Heavy Love

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by Woged2005(f): 7:50am On Mar 26, 2015
iPopAlomo:
My last "girlfriend" three years ago told me the same thing... I should grow up... infact she broke up with me with that word... after some silly advice from her aunty... She became a lawyer as I got into final year three years ago... I'm an engineer now... lol... I'm socially responsible... and guess what...she's still Single...

I was a boy... infact... I'm still a boy... I didn't cheat... I was damn loyal... Thank God... I didn't grow up...

She met me a boy... she knew me a boy... and all of a sudden... you want superman... what's you women contribution to the system...? what do you bring to the table...? Nothing...

Shay na man come suffer...?

Most ladies are going to end up being wife number 4 to one Alhaji...

I guess ur mindset is why u're still a 'boy' despite being a successful Engineer according to u. Who told u every lady needs ur money? There are men who are naturally attracted to poor needy girls they control with little stipends & gifts of fairly used clothes. Such men see every girl as needy and dependent. I suspect u belong to that group. There are also men who are not scared of successful ladies. They can never question the contribution of a woman in a family bc some of their wives earn more than them yet remain married to them. Bros, "he finds a good wive finds what is good & will receive blessings from God". Pray u find one like that.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by Woged2005(f): 7:54am On Mar 26, 2015
Tallesty1:

They broke many hearts and ruined the future of potential husbands so karma got very angry at them and said, "Young lady, there is no other heart for you" so all they get is players, sugar papas and unserious dudes.

Gbam! you nailed it! Karma plays a role in most things people pass through in life but some don't want to believe it because they are still enjoying whatever it's they are doing. Karma is one thing repentance does not wash away. U'll be forgiven but it wont be forgotten. U've to pass through that natural cleansing process and server ur time under karma... grin

13 Likes

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by MizMyColi(f): 8:28am On Mar 26, 2015
Tallesty1:

No person who believes in the finished work of Christ should subscribe to the concept of Karma in its [size=14pt]totality.[/size]

***Modified***
I just don't have ample time on my hands right now to correct some of their erroneous misconceptions about karma especially the one the OP made and ridiculously used Christ's crucifixion to buttress her error, not knowing that it is Christ's crucifixion that makes the concept of karma useless!

Nobody is saying actions don't have consequences but you have to put it in context and not chalk up every
or most unfortunate circumstances plaguing someone as a function of karma. If that is the case then why do bad things happen to "good" people. - [size=14pt]InZA[/size]

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by laplace12(m): 8:44am On Mar 26, 2015
Ok.

It is a front page material, let me make a call wink

lalasticlala.

Ishilove.
Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by Woged2005(f): 8:58am On Mar 26, 2015
MizMyColi:

No person who believes in the finished work of Christ should subscribe to the concept of Karma in its totality.

Explain please if I didn't get you right. Even Christ was beaten and nailed on the cross under excruciating pain. His cry out to the father in heaven to let 'The cup pass' did not save him from his appointed destiny, because it's already written. Even the Bible made it clear in new testament that "Ye shall reap what you sow"

Hope you are a Bible believer and not just one of those 'church-goers' who chorus 'Amen' when the prayer is only about breakthroughs and blessings, but keep mum when the sermon is on stewardship and holiness? grin grin grin

emmabest2000:
Since you're a good bible reader , where in the bible did karma visited soul/Paul ? After his repentance ? The issue is that there are lucky and unlucky people in this world , that someone is or was unlucky doesn't mean that it's Karma , I have witness a case where the girl was a run girl with so many sugarDaddies but was lucky and got married to a handsome tall rich abroad dude , within the speace of five years they came back to 9jar with kids two boys two girls , and they still living happily till date !

Please I don't want to waste my Energy on people who don't conduct deep research but can write 300 page thesis on one verse in the Bible....read theological books and get enlightened. Paul you asked about was later killed by the Roman Govt. That's how Paul left the world. Remember before repentance, he was going about kill and persecuting Christians...u can call that Karma or 'ifa' that's ur biz..

Updated: March 26, 2015......

Gradually this topic is turning into a war of words between people who believe in Karma and those who don't. I will create another topic so that both parties can fight it out and enlighten us more. However, I want to add that those bank robbers who killed policemen, a little teenage girl at Lagos and probably the bank staff/ policemen who tipped them with information may have succeeded in getting money, they won't go scot-free even if they repent, sow seeds, pay tithes and give testimonies in church. No sin goes unpunished. You can call it karma or what ever you like.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by frinx: 8:58am On Mar 26, 2015
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by belamour(m): 8:59am On Mar 26, 2015
You need to crawl before u walk

Atleast one day Immature boy go turn mature man

My first love is still single and i'm married....

CHANGE IS CONSTANT

CHANGE IS HERE

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2015
aa
Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by martincbarton: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2015
really?
Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by scribble: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2015
Also bad attitude doesn't help your chances

It's not always the guys fault na

Some women are not wife material...

7 Likes

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2015
Ok... its true sha
Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by 5p1naz(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2015
shocked
Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by activefibre1(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2015
let me be your sugery papa.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by greall12(m): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2015
Ok
Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by oakson: 9:00am On Mar 26, 2015
The Immature Boys: Same reason why we must divorce this great country on saturday from the unfruitful marriage of jona and his other bottle-feeding allies and marry Her to the mature minds!
Enough of playing joker with the destiny of over 200million Nigerians
Vote Change
Vote APC
Sai Buhari

9 Likes

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by MizMyColi(f): 9:00am On Mar 26, 2015
Woged2005:

Explain please if I didn't get you right. Even Christ was beaten and nailed on the cross under excruciating pain. His cry out to the father in heaven to let 'The cup pass' did not save him from his appointed destiny, because it's already written. Even the Bible made it clear in new testament that "Ye shall reap what you sow"

Hope you are a Bible believer and not just one of those 'church-goers' who chorus 'Amen' when the prayer is only about breakthroughs and blessings, but keep mum when the sermon is on stewardship and holiness? grin grin grin

Apparently, you don't know mesmiley

1 Like

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by snowland(m): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2015
OP, you wey be woman, you fit Kiss And Tell?
Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by DollyParton1(f): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2015
Has a stable means of livelihood- otherwise, how will he pay ur dowry & feed ur kids? smiley
NO!!! You did not just put dowry as one of the reasons why he must have a livelihood.

- He is Single- Because married men are not available except in cultures/religions that permit polygamy
-Emotionally matured – If he still fumes, gets into open fights, feats of jealousy, & possessively controlling, abeg apply ur brakes. He’s a time-bomb
-Has a stable means of livelihood- otherwise, how will he pay ur dowry & feed ur kids? smiley
-You know his close friends –They are either married or getting married, so he’s under peer influence. It’s irresponsible to date someone you don’t know his/her close circle of friends to determine if u fit in.
-Most time you are his only girlfriend- The more the competition, the less could be ur chances.
-He has asked you- Until a man pops that ‘M’ question, don’t predict his intention is marriage. He may like you as a person but there are other reasons you may not end up his wife (individual differences, religion, culture, s*xual incompatibility, family resistance, health issues)
This list is bullshit. No offence

6 Likes

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by ERCROSS(m): 9:02am On Mar 26, 2015
Woged2005:

Sister...
No vex ooo
I don't seem yo gerrit....
Is marriage now a TROPHY or a YEARLY TARGET/AMBITION for single ladies...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by Hannibie: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2015
Woged2005:

I guess ur mindset is why u're still a 'boy' despite being a successful Engineer according to u. Who told u every lady needs ur money? There are men who are naturally attracted to poor needy girls they control with little stipends & gifts of fairly used clothes. Such men see every girl as needy and dependent. I suspect u belong to that group. There are also men who are not scared of successful ladies. They can never question the contribution of a woman in a family bc some of their wives earn more than them yet remain married to them. Bros, "he finds a good wive finds what is good & will receive blessings from God". Pray u find one like that.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by MrPresident1: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2015
Woged2005:
In my recent interactions I observed that most single ladies who are getting anxious about marriage due to age have one thing in common - Almost 70% of them were once in a relationship that wasted their time, blinded them to reasons, and later disappointed their expectations. This included:

1) Sugar Daddy Relationships: This is practically a No1. on the list. Most of today’s desperate single ladies were once involved in a relationship with a sugar-daddy who simply kept them for s*xual purposes while lavishing them with gifts, money, travels and lodging in expensive hotels. They got carried away by the eupohria. It’s even more shocking that despite the gifts and money most of the ladies received, some have nothing today to show for such relationships than regrets, anger and bruised emotions. You can even see the trend today on Nigerian blogs (including NL) as young ladies of 'easy virtue' brandish expensive gifts from their affluent sugar-daddies to justifying their ‘hustling’. But what many people don’t read is what happens to them later as they age. These are same ladies littered in churches later in life crying “Lord, why has thou forsaking me”, while others are enmeshed in various frustrations.

A sugar daddy never loves a girl. Just face it! They enjoy a young, beautiful body they can experiment their s*xual fantasies on. They keep their own daughters safe under secured environments, but waste another young lady’s opportunities, sometime derailing her future. In the end, they return to their wives & kids, while the sugar-baby is left in emotional bruises and negative spiritual consequences.

2). The Immature Boys: Obviously, boys don’t marry, men do. Here I define a 'boy' as a male human not yet ready for the responsibility of marriage (he might be rich, grownup, even has a job). ‘Boy-friend’ is what you do when u're a teenager, experimenting with life, not as a adult. Once you hit social maturity and wants to settle down (except you are rising & maturing proportionately with ur boyfriend) hanging on to a mere 'boy' at the expense or real, potential suitors is a waste of your time. He might be cute, sings well, athletic, funny, has six-pack muscles, or may one day become an Engineer etc, but sista, after 25 a lady should get real. I don’t expect a smart lady at that age to wait for another 3-4yrs for a boy to ‘grow-up’.

Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by djeezy(m): 9:04am On Mar 26, 2015
Woged2005:

Gbam! you nailed it! Karma plays a role in most things people pass through in life but some don't want to believe it because they are still enjoying whatever it's they are doing. Karma is one thing repentance does not wash away. U'll be forgiven but it wont be forgotten. U've to pass through that natural cleansing process and server ur time under karma... grin
More like jail sentence right? grin
Re: 2 Relationship Pitfalls Older Unamrried Ladies May Not Tell Younger Ones by slapandfall(m): 9:04am On Mar 26, 2015
Not too interesting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twin Musicians, Tagwayen Asali, Wed Identical Twin Sisters On The Same Day / Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) / Woman Bathes Husband With Hot Water Over Breakfast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.