Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Advice On Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On Honda Accord (1419 Views)

Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Pls How Much Would Replace A Deployed Airbag On Honda Accord Babyboy!!! / I Need Advice On Honda Crosstour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Honda Accord by Veetee(m): 4:01am On Feb 02, 2022
Good day everyone,

I just recently got a Honda Accord, EOD
Since I got it. I recently tried fixing the AC, the mechanic advised I change the compressor and condenser with some other parts, which I did. Ever since then the car vibrates and goes off on the road whenever the AC is on. The mechanic later increased the power of the engine, yet the problem is still there. Even more complicated because it now consumes more fuel. I am really confused at the moment. What could be the cause.

I live in Lagos, on the island, ajah. It seems there are really no good mechanics here
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by ITbomb(m): 4:13am On Feb 02, 2022
I guess he replaced with manual Compressor
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by Dozieson(m): 6:36am On Feb 02, 2022
Veetee:
Good day everyone,

Since I got it. I recently tried fixing the AC, the mechanic advised I change the compressor and condenser with some other parts, which I did. Ever since then the car vibrates and goes off on the road whenever the AC is on. The mechanic later increased the power of the engine, yet the problem is still there. Even more complicated because it now consumes more fuel. I am really confused at the moment. What could be the cause.

I live in Lagos, on the island, ajah. It seems there are really no good mechanics here

Go and scan the car.
Again, if you can meet gazzuzz or autologic they will help out
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by Angrygoat: 6:53am On Feb 02, 2022
Bad sensor,clogged injector,no catalyst,slow or below 1000rpm. Direct ac connection

1 Like

Re: Advice On Honda Accord by Peppermintflav: 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2022
EOD comes with manual compressor.
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by Cloven22: 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
So sorry about that. These mechanics are so annoying. so many are quacks and you will keep fixing it.
Someone told me about Flickwheel. They have vetted mechanics that will fix your car at once. You can even get a loan to fix your car sef.
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by diportivo: 9:50am On Feb 03, 2022
Veetee:
Good day everyone,

mayor555

come and help ur guy
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by Conner44: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2022
Op your iacv is not working well. You should check and change it plus scan the car for codes
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by jgbemson1: 12:24pm On Feb 03, 2022
Call me 07012873988 I can help u fix the car

Thank you
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by Mayor555(m): 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
diportivo:

mayor555

come and help ur guy

Smiless

@op, veetee

When it comes to this kind of issue on Honda Accord EOD, so so many things are involved; from bad injector mouth, to bad IACV, to bad compressor, to bad engine mounts, to low power output from engine, like that like that....

You'll have to start picking and ticking this boxes one after the other....

But on rough workings, does your car idle fine without AC on??
Without the AC on, how's the pick up? Sharp and smooth? Or is it rough and not sharp?

reply and let's work from there...

1 Like

Re: Advice On Honda Accord by olumzzz(m): 12:50am On Feb 04, 2022
Piyke, let's get this
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by Lexusgs430: 8:37am On Feb 04, 2022
Mayor555:

Smiless

@op, veetee

When it comes to this kind of issue on Honda Accord EOD, so so many things are involved; from bad injector mouth, to bad IACV, to bad compressor, to bad engine mounts, to low power output from engine, like that like that....

You'll have to start picking and ticking this boxes one after the other....

But on rough workings, does your car idle fine without AC on??
Without the AC on, how's the pick up? Sharp and smooth? Or is it rough and not sharp?

reply and let's work from there...

This is why you never buy a vehicle, when the seller tells you, it only requires gas .........

The seller would leave you gassed out .......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Honda Accord by Piyke: 12:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
olumzzz:
Piyke, let's get this

Smiles. @olumzzz, I know where this is coming from.

@Veetee
As Mayor already said so many things can cause this. I hope the mechanic is not the type that blocks the IACV inlet angry.

Veetee:
Good day everyone,

Just from this bolded, I can tell you should be looking for a new mechanic. You usually don't solve such problems by adjusting the throttle cable manually, except if the cable is loose from a prior job or something. Do you have a scanner? Any codes? I think you need to take this for someone to inspect in-person. You already have good suggestions up there. Naija kazeem-touched engines can be challenging to provide remote support on.

Reminds me of inspecting a friends EOD just last week, a proud Peugeot AC compressor had dethroned the Honda Denso OEM. The transmission oil was about 3 times higher than normal... Speechless.
Re: Advice On Honda Accord by Piyke: 12:39pm On Feb 04, 2022
Lexusgs430:

This is why you never buy a vehicle, when the seller tells you, it only requires gas .........

Very true talk. I usually walk away. Except you are ready to replace the entire AC system.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Honda Accord by skywalker240(m): 3:10am On Feb 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

grin

(1) (Reply)

What's Will Be Your Advice For a First Time Car Owner? / I Need Advice Betwen Avalon 05 And Eod 05 / Are Suvs Using Premium Fuel Going To Be An Issue In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.