Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? (2691 Views)

Is He WISH Legit Or A Scam: The Real Reasons Why It Is So Cheap / Why Are Shipped From Overseas Mobile Phones So Cheap???? / Bypass Remove Lumia reset Protection Recovery Key (frp) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 10:38am On Feb 02, 2022
Hey guys, I need some information on this... Why are used Microsoft Lumia phones so cheap? I'm planning to buy a Lumia 650 as a second phone, and did some research on it, and most of them cost 12-15k. I'm wondering why the phone is so cheap.

Even if it can't support Whatsapp, I don't care, but I want to know if there is something else wrong with Lumia phones. Thanks in advance.
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2022
See the prices of old Lumia 650.

Update...
I don't know why the screenshot is not uploading. But in the screenshot, it shows prices of Lumia 650,m ranging from 12k to 15k.
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by d3cod3r(m): 11:08am On Feb 02, 2022
Because the OS is dead

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 11:24am On Feb 02, 2022
d3cod3r:
Because the OS is dead

Hmm...Please, can you speak a little more on this. Sorry, I am not so tech savvy. Does it mean I can't do most normal smartphone functions on it?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Pwettyroyce: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2022
Trust apart from the OS been windows, Nokia lumia phones not bad

1 Like

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by KAM3KAZI: 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2022
Ugandatales:
See the prices of old Lumia 650.

Update...
I don't know why the screenshot is not uploading. But in the screenshot, it shows prices of Lumia 650,m ranging from 12k to 15k.

They don't really have much to offer now, unless you just want to use it to make calls and listen to music or any of those basic stuff

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2022
Pwettyroyce:
Trust apart from the OS been windows, Nokia lumia phones not bad

Hmm...Have you used any Lumia phone recently?
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
KAM3KAZI:

They don't really have much to offer now, unless you just want to use it to make calls and listen to music or any of those basic stuff

Hmm...What of simple internet functions like coming on Nairaland, and doing Google research on it? I have a main phone, I just need a second phone, and don't want to buy torchlight phone.
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ay04z(m): 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
Whatsapp kill it... PHONE is very good... But mind.. But mind u... U can't use all diz popular apps.. Even bank apps... So know wat u re buying....

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by GreatAxeMan: 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
They're cheap for the same reason that Blackberry using the old Blackberry Operating system is cheap and that is the discontinuance of the windows mobile operating system. Nokia has now switched to Android, just like Blackberry has also switched to Android.

I wouldn't advise you buying one unless you know what you're doing, because those phones operating outdated systems are easier to target by hackers since they have poor security as a consequence of no longer having regular security and debugging updates.

Ugandatales:

Hmm...Please, can you speak a little more on this. Sorry, I am not so tech savvy. Does it mean I can't do most normal smartphone functions on it?

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Youngpo413: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
Ugandatales:
Hey guys, I need some information on this... Why are used Microsoft Lumia phones so cheap? I'm planning to buy a Lumia 650 as a second phone, and did some research on it, and most of them cost 12-15k. I'm wondering why the phone is so cheap.

Even if it can't support Whatsapp, I don't care, but I want to know if there is something else wrong with Lumia phones. Thanks in advance.
where is it sold at that amount.
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by arthurwillia(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
Lol lumia windows phonein2022
Lol Abe abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Les: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
It could be clone, almost bought one that year. Wise up

1 Like

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
They're cheap for the same reason that Blackberry using the old Blackberry Operating system is cheap and that is the discontinuance of the windows mobile operating system. Nokia has now switched to Android, just like Blackberry has also switched to Android.

I wouldn't advise you buying one unless you know what you're doing, because those phones operating outdated systems are easier to target by hackers since they have poor security as a consequence of no longer having regular security and debugging updates.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Youngpo413:
where is it sold at that amount.

On Jiji...Just Google, "Lumia 650 for sale in Lagos."
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Ay04z:
Whatsapp kill it... PHONE is very good... But mind.. But mind u... U can't use all diz popular apps.. Even bank apps... So know wat u re buying....

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Darkseid(m): 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2022
Ugandatales:

I bought a Lumia 520 in 95% new condition for 5k last year just for making calls, apart from that it's almost useless.

The only things you can do with it is to make calls, text, and access media files. The web browser is pretty outdated and can only open sites like nairaland properly. You can't even download another browser or other apps because the store is closed.

I had to dump it and get a small android phone because it doesn't sync with Google services anymore; which is the reason I bought the phone in the first place

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by jaxxy(m): 8:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
Discontinued product, no more software update or support, no apps. Obsolete.

It was meant to compete with iPhone and android bt cudnt or Bill gates pulled the plug on it.

It will soon become like Symbian/java phones. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by KAM3KAZI: 3:05am On Feb 03, 2022
Ugandatales:

Hmm...What of simple internet functions like coming on Nairaland, and doing Google research on it? I have a main phone, I just need a second phone, and don't want to buy torchlight phone.

Yeah, I think it does these things. Lumia uses Bing sha not Google to search but it does the same thing. You know Microsoft has stopped supporting the OS so a few key apps won't work anymore. I think WhatsApp doesn't work anymore on it
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 6:01am On Feb 03, 2022
KAM3KAZI:

Yeah, I think it does these things. Lumia uses Bing sha not Google to search but it does the same thing. You know Microsoft has stopped supporting the OS so a few key apps won't work anymore. I think WhatsApp doesn't work anymore on it

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Youngpo413: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2022
Darkseid:
I bought a Lumia 520 in 95% new condition for 5k last year just for making calls, apart from that it's almost useless.

The only things you can do with it is to make calls, text, and access media files. The web browser is pretty outdated and can only open sites like nairaland properly. You can't even download another browser or other apps because the store is closed.

I had to dump it and get a small android phone because it doesn't sync with Google services anymore; which is the reason I bought the phone in the first place
then sell for me.
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by PrinceInTheNort: 9:43am On Feb 03, 2022
Don’t use your hand and buy problem
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Darkseid(m): 10:54am On Feb 03, 2022
Youngpo413:
then sell for me.
Nah, I love keeping phones grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
Darkseid:
Nah, I love keeping phones grin grin

Hmm...If I can get a Lumia for 5k, I won't mind buying it. At least I can use it to take pictures, watch movies, and listen to music. And of cos, put my main sim in it, so that I know the phone will always be on, since I won't be using it for anything heavy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Kirkman: 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
If you use a Windows laptop then a Nokia Lumia should be a breeze for you cos it's basically a windows 8 operating system on mobile that's all.. it's perfect for a second phone though. At least Nokia had the balls to experiment with something when Microsoft took over Nokia back then.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Bossman(m): 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
If that's all you need to do,then its
Ok. Because, there are absolutely no apps for the windows OS. The issue is not Lumia phones themselves, but the OS. Nobody develops apps for it. And Microsoft has discontinued support for it.

Ugandatales:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 11:46am On Feb 04, 2022
Bossman:
If that's all you need to do,then its
Ok. Because, there are absolutely no apps for the windows OS. The issue is not Lumia phones themselves, but the OS. Nobody develops apps for it. And Microsoft has discontinued support for it.

Thanks.
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 11:46am On Feb 04, 2022
Kirkman:
If you use a Windows laptop then a Nokia Lumia should be a breeze for you cos it's basically a windows 8 operating system on mobile that's all.. it's perfect for a second phone though. At least Nokia had the balls to experiment with something when Microsoft took over Nokia back then.

Thanks for this breakdown.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by DarkJeddi(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2022
When I saw the topic of this thread..
I thought it was an reactivated thread from 2013..
Only to open it and realize it's actually a new thread..
Seriously,Lumia phones in 2022?
Where have you been? shocked
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Ugandatales: 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2022
DarkJeddi:
When I saw the topic of this thread..
I thought it was an reactivated thread from 2013..
Only to open it and realize it's actually a new thread..
Seriously,Lumia phones in 2022?
Where have you been? shocked

Cool down Mr. know-it-all. Contribute something, or ignore the thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by DarkJeddi(m): 1:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ugandatales:

Cool down Mr. know-it-all. Contribute something, or ignore the thread.
What is there to contribute about Lumia phones in 2022?

It is a DEAD..

Might as well be talking about Blackberrys in 2022..
Re: Why Are Lumia Phones So Cheap? by Gandume1(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2022
What a funny country which an unsuccessful drunkard will be giving you advice on how to make am ���‍♂️

I don't listen to rap songs in front of my parents because I know wetin go come next ..But naija can change names that's why I love my country now if I say cucumber or kpomo I know they understand ��

She's single offline while disturbing us of 14 February online �

Nothing pain like eating your favourite food and never belle full

More are are loading.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Iphone Is Not Type C, You Need To Work Harder - Payback / How Do I Unlock My Htc G2 Phone / HELP!! I Can't Watch Youtube On My Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.