Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice (12298 Views)

A School Teacher Did This To Your Son,as A Parent What Is Your Next Move ? / i wish my parent where there for me / Olanrewaju Ayobami Esther: 'To See Me, You Come To Class And Wait' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by A1money: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2022
Follow your patent advise and also you can still learn new skills while you change your course of study while you wait for your Visa.

Lilly07:
Good morning

I gained admission to study in a federal university in Nigeria in 2019 but due to ASUU strike I didn't resume until 2021.

During the wait,I decided I wanted to study in Canada.So I applied to Canadian schools before I resumed in the federal university last year.

Before the end of 100level,I applied for my visa in October and due to delay I had to defer to Sept 2022.

My parents said I should continue studying in the federal university pending the time I get my visa.

The issue is I was asked to withdraw from my faculty in school because I didn't get the required points to move to 200 level.
My parents are advising me to change to a lower course that I can't sit at home that it would bring disgrace to them.

Right now, I'm so confused.Should I listen to their advice or wait for my visa and learn skills while waiting

Thank you
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by michaelwilli(m): 10:35am On Feb 03, 2022
A bird at hand is worth more than two in the bush
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Ohio7(m): 10:36am On Feb 03, 2022
Book of Life.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

First and Best aye!!!! cool cool grin
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Lilly07: 10:36am On Feb 03, 2022
Thank you everyone for the advice.
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

I gained admission to study in a federal university in Nigeria in 2019 but due to ASUU strike I didn't resume until 2021.

During the wait,I decided I wanted to study in Canada.So I applied to Canadian schools before I resumed in the federal university last year.

Before the end of 100level,I applied for my visa in October and due to delay I had to defer to Sept 2022.

My parents said I should continue studying in the federal university pending the time I get my visa.

The issue is I was asked to withdraw from my faculty in school because I didn't get the required points to move to 200 level.
My parents are advising me to change to a lower course that I can't sit at home that it would bring disgrace to them.

Right now, I'm so confused.Should I listen to their advice or wait for my visa and learn skills while waiting.

Go back to your school , sit down and think on why you didn't meet up to required mark for promotion , then work on it by reading. Ore in your new department.

Thank you
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Misteel(f): 10:37am On Feb 03, 2022
The advice is a good one
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by yusluvad(m): 10:38am On Feb 03, 2022
Tetehjewels:
OP till date, what an elder sees while sitting down, the young can never see it even if they climb a skyscraper.

Follow your Parents advice. That advice is gold
You're a jewel...
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Emmanuel30a: 10:38am On Feb 03, 2022
Canada Skilled Immigrant
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Slynation(m): 10:38am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Right now, I'm so confused.Should I listen to their advice or wait for my visa and learn skills while waiting

Thank you
I wonder what course will defer you from moving to a next level apart from Medicine, because I know only you will advice yourself to get a change of course form if it's engineering...!!

Seems your mind ain't in that school since you waiting for Canadian Visa, you can be going to school while learning a skill as well that will be beneficial to you in Canada...
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Olam09(m): 10:39am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

I'll advice you to continue schooling, follow your parents advice and wait till your visa set.
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:39am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:

Thank you
don't listen to him... ask the person advising you if he have pot in to his own dream
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by travelwaka: 10:40am On Feb 03, 2022
The reason you didn't do well is because you didn't take the school seriously since you know you wouldn't need it anyways. But let me tell you something. I pray this Canada thing works out but trust me, what if Canada doesn't work out now. You need to take the two things seriously. The school and Canada.

Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:40am On Feb 03, 2022
Japa, if the country make sense, if you know exactly what you went there to do, 1 year is enough to set in , in abroad, I tried it and started counting in millions
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Hez143(m): 10:40am On Feb 03, 2022
follow their advice, don't leave certainty for uncertainty!!
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by do4luv14(m): 10:43am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

Your Visa expectation seems to distract you, cos passing into that 200l, is an Advantage, which might come in handy in your Canadian school,

follow your parents Advice, stay focus, ensure to pass the next 100l, with a good grade, might just takes you into Canada as a direct enter,

make sure to learn an IT skill by the sides

1 Like

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by GreatAxeMan: 10:44am On Feb 03, 2022
If you're struggling academically in a Nigerian university, what makes you so confident that you'll fare better in Canada?

Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by JerryQ: 10:45am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

I need to first commend your openness to your parents even after you were advised to withdraw.

You only got a good advice from them because you told them what you are going through. Please keep this attitude up and running.

In all Sha, what your parents advised is the best thing to do right now. Learning keeps you fresh. Moreover, any means you have to keep moving forward pls use it. It's far better than staying at home.

Don't just look at the "disgrace" you are trying to avoid, rather look at it as a means to keep learning and moving forward.

You can learn some digital skills too with your free time as you await the best.

Cheers.
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by twinskenny(m): 10:45am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

Follow the advice man.. it's well with you
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by falcon01: 10:47am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you
Forget about the disgrace part, what the said is the right thing to do atleast it will make you prepare for what's coming.
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by solsticey2k3(m): 10:47am On Feb 03, 2022
Follow who know road

Follow your parent’s advice
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Cityboy08: 10:54am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you
sir I’d advice you to drop out and learn a skill while you wait so what if you get a lower course and still don’t progress school isint for everyone learn and skill so if you eventually get the Canada school you’d have a means of survival over there to earn small change, there isint any tangible reason they want you not to stay at home other than disgrace which is their most common tool.

Good luck tho
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by lomprico(m): 10:55am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

Obey your folks! What do u want to stay at home doing?
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by LEXCASH(m): 10:56am On Feb 03, 2022
your parents are there to help and shape you to be the best version of their self... you are way above 18 years now i think, and its time to be the best version of yourself, what you want to become, which lead or risk are you willing to take to becoming the best you can be...learning a profitable skill here in Nigeria(online skill preferable) is the best decision you can give to yourself cause we are living in a high online leveraging century where you are been determined by the kinda skill you have... even outside Nigeria, if you have a profitable skill you can actually implement, you will be regarded as a ASSET to the COUNTRY.... YOU NEED A SKILL TO SURVIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD...
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by TETTTI: 10:56am On Feb 03, 2022
Don't quit the Fed Uni.
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Tats(m): 10:56am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

You need to tell us what course you are studying so that people can give you better advice.
If you are not studying a very difficult course, then maybe your drive to go to Canada made you not to focus so much on your studies here, except there are concrete reasons why you did not perform so well. Nevertheless, your parents advice is good.

Also, you didn't tell us your chances of getting the visa to Canada and paying the fees. Maybe your parents can afford it. We all know that affordability is not all and the Canadian High Commission can still refuse visa.
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by emmykk(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

How can you probate in the first place? That means you are very dull.

What I can infer is that you have rich parents who care about you but you don't have the brainpower to do academics.

Be careful
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by SirZeek(m): 10:58am On Feb 03, 2022
You could not meet the minimum requirement in your University in Nigeria but you want to go to Canada to study. Wouldn't you be disgracing your parents on an international level?
What am I even typing?
Do you bro
Wish you the best
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Justice4Toto: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

If you sit at home you will either impregnate someone daughter
Join yahoo boys
Start smoking
Or wrongly accused of wrong doing by others

Idle hands
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by babadee1(m): 11:02am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

Continue your studying and try to double your efforts with your academics. When you get the visa you need to be in study mode for school life in Canada. You will struggle to study if you stay at home too long especially as you're already having academic challenges. Make up your mind to study hard that's the only true road to future success. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Originalsly: 11:03am On Feb 03, 2022
Hmmm.... can't move from 100 level to 200 level ... but want to study in Canada. Is it free? Is getting a visa guaranteed? If you get your certificate today .... what are your chances of getting a job (not jobs you can get)... to suit your qualifications? You are more likely to join the line of graduates roaming the streets for yearssss. Did you even know how long a 4 year course in the university takes to complete?... with the strikes and shut downs? Bro.... go learn a trade ... a skill that is in great demand ... focus on being independent... it will serve you much better in today's New World.

1 Like

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Tiana06(f): 11:10am On Feb 03, 2022
Emperor88:
Don't go for a lesser course...one of our major problem is going out school just for the sake of it . There are a lot of things that can keep you busy till your visa is sorted or till you try jamb again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoUyZ7WglYM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uniuyo Result Out! Check Yours Now And Lets Us Comment Here / ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC / Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.