Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,784 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice (12300 Views)

A School Teacher Did This To Your Son,as A Parent What Is Your Next Move ? / i wish my parent where there for me / Olanrewaju Ayobami Esther: 'To See Me, You Come To Class And Wait' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by sorepco(m): 11:17am On Feb 03, 2022
My tots here!
I will also advise you learn plumbing also as there is a great shortage of plumbers in Canada!
Infact all una wey want travel make una go learn plumbing as u can start working overseas in less than 24hrs of your arrival!

MEGA4BILLION:
The advice is spot on. Follow it, It will prepare you for the task ahead

1 Like

Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Anuoluwagbemiga: 11:19am On Feb 03, 2022
Pls listen to them,similar thing happened to me too when i was working in judicial commission at akure as a civil servant.I applied for malaysian visa and i quit my job immediately. I was duped and i cant go back to my job.so wait till you get visa before you quit
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by tochez24(m): 11:21am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

I gained admission to study in a federal university in Nigeria in 2019 but due to ASUU strike I didn't resume until 2021.

During the wait,I decided I wanted to study in Canada.So I applied to Canadian schools before I resumed in the federal university last year.

Before the end of 100level,I applied for my visa in October and due to delay I had to defer to Sept 2022.

My parents said I should continue studying in the federal university pending the time I get my visa.

The issue is I was asked to withdraw from my faculty in school because I didn't get the required points to move to 200 level.
My parents are advising me to change to a lower course that I can't sit at home that it would bring disgrace to them.

Right now, I'm so confused.Should I listen to their advice or wait for my visa and learn skills while waiting

Thank you

Never do otherwise, your parents advise is the best thing to do.... Go for a lower course and continue your Visa process, Don't drop out until you have your Visa, good luck!!!!
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Lamasta(m): 11:23am On Feb 03, 2022
OP follow your parent advice so as to live long with wisdom in the land of the living
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by fredoooooo: 11:24am On Feb 03, 2022
Oga .. Follow the advice , yiur parents are write .. moreover you lose nothing but gain on both side in tye end
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by writeprof(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

I gained admission to study in a federal university in Nigeria in 2019 but due to ASUU strike I didn't resume until 2021.

During the wait,I decided I wanted to study in Canada.So I applied to Canadian schools before I resumed in the federal university last year.

Before the end of 100level,I applied for my visa in October and due to delay I had to defer to Sept 2022.

My parents said I should continue studying in the federal university pending the time I get my visa.

The issue is I was asked to withdraw from my faculty in school because I didn't get the required points to move to 200 level.
My parents are advising me to change to a lower course that I can't sit at home that it would bring disgrace to them.

Right now, I'm so confused.Should I listen to their advice or wait for my visa and learn skills while waiting

Thank you

Their advice makes sense. Take it and you will thank them for it when you start shining in Canada later.
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Sailor007: 11:28am On Feb 03, 2022
Follow your parents advise.

Guys please help I can't see the creat a post icon on my my nairaland...

Please how do I create a post..?
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by SugarGirl44(f): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2022
Nonny12121:
Your parents are more concerned about being disgraced than you getting what you want.

Listen here. Instead of wasting that money studying a lower course you do not want, go and learn a skill.

Go and learn a skill in I.T(Graphic design or Web development), Tailor(Fashion design), or anything.

It is better than wasting that money trying to cover a disgrace studying something that will not benefit you in future.

SKILL IS THE FUTURE!!!

As in... I don't know why they had to make the issue about themselves and not what's best for their child.

All these our parents sef, that's how my mum told my elder sis to endure beating because she can't afford to have a baby mama as a daughter, as all her friends daughters are in their husbands houses.
Smh.
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Jokkarm2: 11:35am On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you

DO WHAT YOUR DAD SAID, IS THE BEST WHILE STILL WAITING FOR YOUR VISA. AS SOON AS VISA COMES OUT, MOVE
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by SavageBoy: 11:35am On Feb 03, 2022
My guess tells me you're studying in the University of Ibadan. Book of life is out,there would be lot of withdrawals from faculties and from the school
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Goztino(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2022
Lol. I think you should not be too confident about Canada yet since you never even get admission let alone a visa.
Infact you never chee chomthing.

Calm down first and grab the one at your hands first while waiting and hoping on the other.

I would advise you to learn It skills while waiting.
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by tonididdy(m): 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you
So if nairalanders ask you to disobey your parents, you would? undecided

How old are you sef? Na una dem dey pad with money to get certificate by force.
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by Coolgent(m): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
Good morning

Thank you
Follow your parent advice or learn some skills that will be of benefit to you while you are in Canada
Re: Should I wait for my visa or follow my parent's advice by solonubinho(m): 10:17pm On Feb 03, 2022
Lilly07:
..My parents are advising me to change to a lower course that I can't sit at home that it would bring disgrace to them...

You see this statement, it has pushed a lot of children to their untimely deaths. Its about them and how the society would view them, not you. Anyways, sha do you.

On the flipside, it won't be bad to try it out pending when your visa works out; however, it must be because of you, because you want to not that you will go and study one obsolete course just so that people will not gossip about your parents..nah. what happens if God forbid the visa doesnt work out? You would be stuck with the useless obsolete course and that digrace would still be brought to them anyways. So yeah while waiting for your visa, you can apply for a course that you love and that is relevant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ABU Zaria Owes ₦931M Electricity Bill, Faces Disconnection - KEDC / Ugwuanyi Commissions Shalom Science And Technology Academy / Unilorin: Less Than 11,000 to Gain Admission Out Of 103,238 Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.