Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,869 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri (17000 Views)

Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead / Regulators Ignored Warnings On ‘bad Shape’ Of FPSO Vessel Before Explosion / Protest At Total Egina FPSO Project Site Over Maltreatment Of Nigerian Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by wink2015(m): 10:51am On Feb 03, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
Wahala for Niger Delta people everywhere yet the oil money is in the hands of HausafulaniKanuri Muslim North. Another environmental wahala to deal with.

God no go shame us

WETIN ABOKI MALAM NO DEY SEE FOR KPOKPOGRI !
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Ayo8(m): 10:51am On Feb 03, 2022
Expect more like this… I won’t mention the field
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Soknown: 10:57am On Feb 03, 2022
I hope they were able to rescue the workers, this is disheartening.
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Vicboi1(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2022
jaido09:
This is not the Escravos where they say “do it safely or not at all….. The FPSO is owned by another company in a different field in Escravos offshore. This particular field is about 6 miles SW of Meren field owned by the company you referred to.

Oh alright bro
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Papparassi: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2022
Only if they god HSE.

This guys make the best HSE films in Nigeria:

www.hardhatmedia.com
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by masui(m): 11:08am On Feb 03, 2022
0taPiaPia:

Any insurer that still had business with that scrap metal should be arrested without delay.

grin grin cheesy

Wahala
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by masui(m): 11:17am On Feb 03, 2022
Ayo8:
Expect more like this… I won’t mention the field

Please tell us. It could safe life.
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by RagnarLothbrok: 11:23am On Feb 03, 2022
Gaddafi1:
Okay but wondering why no one is talking about the casualties or are we more interested in the economy than human life.
So sad that adequate safety measure was not in place to prevent such an accident. Shell is still number in terms of safety in Nigeria.
I doubt if there was anyone onboard. The operator's licence had been revoked.
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by effty(m): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2022
alizma:

Sorry, you were correct with your initial position. I got the calculation wrong.
You welcome bro. I dodged a bullet by declining to work with them when I had the opportunity.
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by pongwa(m): 11:31am On Feb 03, 2022
Vicboi1:
Ewo and i work here , someone is surly going to get a roof analysis here and might probably get sacked one thing about escavors is the "safety" they often preach about "do it right or not at all"
can you help with the precise location or coordinate of the incident? I need to run an analysis. Thanks
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by DLuciano: 11:51am On Feb 03, 2022
bigcee:

Why not explain to him what you think he doesn't know. Instead of telling him "wetin you Sabi"
I have been opportuned to work in a company in relationship to FPSOs. Its true that the FPSO Trinity Spirit was built in 1976, doesn't mean it's aged and expired. Components and parts are detachable and replaceable from time to time by experts. I believe the fire incident could be caused as a result of a serious breach or infringement on safety standards. The HSE standard of all FPSOs is always very high. FPSO is a floating facility (vessel) deep sea, where Oil (crude) is produced, kept in the storage facility and offloaded into tanker vessels for trade (mostly international) through the regulatory and monitoring bodies of the Federal government.
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by otokx(m): 11:55am On Feb 03, 2022
Hope they are able to account for all the workers that were present in that facility?
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Jerrypolo(m): 12:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
Gaddafi1:
Okay but wondering why no one is talking about the casualties or are we more interested in the economy than human life.
So sad that adequate safety measure was not in place to prevent such an accident. Shell is still number in terms of safety in Nigeria.

Shell's safety is much better touted less acted!!!
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by wealthtrak: 12:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
lalasticlala:
Eons Intelligence:

https://twitter.com/eonsintelligenc/status/1489142559788130304?t=H6l80lytk0m-OYl_rtd0jQ&s=08
Oh my gosh! This is a huge explosion shocked

A Floating Production, Storage and Offloading Vessel [FPSO] exploding in Nigerian waters... will
threaten fishing activities and aquatic life in general.

Better get help from the Americans who have handled disasters such as the famous Exxon Valdez oil
spill in Alaska in 1989. I remember that episode very well... and news travelled worldwide. Exxon Valdez
was an oil supertanker owned by Exxon Shipping Company.

==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Valdez_oil_spill

UPDATE:

The FPSO exploded at MEREN [which mean FOUR in the Itsekiri dialect] oil field facility.

A Floating Production, Storage and Offloading Vessel by the name Trinity Spirit FPSO, has allegedly exploded, causing raging fire and fear, and threatening fishing activities in some of Nigeria’s riverine communities in the Niger Delta area of the country.

A source, who dropped the hint on condition of anonymity to the Nigerian Tribune at about 7:54pm on Wednesday, said that a loud explosion was heard a few minutes to 1am of Wednesday morning.

The Source added that the vessel produces crude oil and is situated around Meren, a North Field oil facility belonging to a multi-national oil and gas company ( name withheld) in the UGBORODO Escravos area of Warri Southwest Local Government Area of Delta State.

The explosion has allegedly caused serious fear among workers manning oil facilities close -by and fishermen around the area as they were still watching the raging fire helplessly as at 7:50 am when this report was filed.

According to one of the workers who wouldn’t want his name in print, “The explosion is a threat to Nigeria’s ecosystem.

“We have to look at it from the point of whether it is an active rig or not. It’s content matters. Irrespective of whether it’s an active rig or not, the fact that it has exploded is a threat to fishing in Nigeria’s riverine communities.

“That it exploded, it’s content are already spilled in the waters around communities close to where it exploded, and that means no fishing for these communities. 

“How long are we going to continue with this trend? This is a loss to our riverine communities. That means they cannot fish due to this explosion.”
https://tribuneonlineng.com/fpso-explodes-in-nigerian-waters-threaten-fishing-activities/

Source: https://tribuneonlineng.com/fpso-explodes-in-nigerian-waters-threaten-fishing-activities/
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by wealthtrak: 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2022
lalasticlala:
Eons Intelligence:

https://twitter.com/eonsintelligenc/status/1489142559788130304?t=H6l80lytk0m-OYl_rtd0jQ&s=08
By the way, these people should STOP calling that major part of Itsekiriland by the derogatory and rejected name
called Escravos [Slave in Portuguese]

The ORIGINAL name of that oil and gas-rich Itsekiri community is "UGBORODO."

Read more below in the Guardian of 2019:

Ugborodo is not Escravos
By Prof. Oritsegbemi O. Omatete
21 May 2019 | 4:11 am

Brief history of Ugborodo
But Ugborodo has a rich history. It was alleged to have been founded by Ijebu fishermen who came down the Niger River. Two brothers and their five sons fanned out to form the various communities of Ugborodo. Hence, we refer to ourselves as “Ikpere ale meje – Ikpere (Ugborodo) of seven sections”. Ugborodo was a thriving community with its own ruler, Olaja-ori, before the famed movement of the Iwere (Itsekiri) royal family from the Benin royal family over 500 years ago; but Ugborodo has now accepted the hegemony of the Olu of Warri. The Portuguese had a settlement both at Warri and in the island of Ugborodo around 1588. In late 19th century, the French built a salt factory in Ugborodo. When the British arrived and learnt about this, they threw a party for all the people and during that party the factory was mysteriously blown up and so was the French presence in what became Nigeria.

"Why then should Nigeria, the largest Black nation, have one of its rivers named by the demeaning Portuguese word Escravos – Slaves? This should be an outrage to all of us.Therefore, I appeal to fellow Nigerians, to all peoples of African descent wherever they are, and to all progressive peoples of the world to plead with the giant oil company, Chevron, to stop humiliating and degrading my people and immediately name all their operations in our land correctly, Ugborodo instead of Escravos – “Slaves.”

Prof. Omatete, a member or fellow of several Nigerian and international professional associations, is passionate about his home and is pleading with Nigerians and the world to stop calling his home, Escravos “Slaves.”

This article was first published on Guardian in 2019.
Source: https://guardian.ng/features/culture/ugborodo-is-not-escravos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by springtech(m): 1:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
For those of you eyeing working on platforms: Rigs, FPSO, FSO etc this is one of the safety issues that comes with working in such an environment.
Money dey true true, but safety of life is not guaranteed.
I sincerely hope no life was lost here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a crypto/forex trader?
I have a system for you.
It is a signal generator. It can be used by all kinds of traders for both spot and futures trading.
With this system, you can generate signals and offer signal services to others.
You wont have to pay anyone for any signal whatsoever.

Work smart and not just HARD.
See my signature.

Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by OGUAF(m): 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
Wahala for Niger Delta people everywhere yet the oil money is in the hands of HausafulaniKanuri Muslim North. Another environmental wahala to deal with.

God no go shame us

The owner of the vessel is an igbo man. Sheba E P is owned by ABC Ojiako, former chairman of Seplat
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by sulaak(m): 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2022
ValCon888:
And the environmental damage continues nonstop.
A 1976 vessel is still operating in 2022. Expired ship that ought to be sold as scrap.

Lack of institutions to manage and enforce standards. Nigeria is just going through the motions
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Yankee101: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
Expired
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by OMBIIGA: 1:47pm On Feb 03, 2022
Oh Jesu !! , I hope all men on board were evacuated to safety?
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Vicboi1(m): 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2022
pongwa:
can you help with the precise location or coordinate of the incident? I need to run an analysis. Thanks

Am not really good with the location of this place tho i usually enter flight to go there anything am going for my rotation but i do know its in the creeks of delta state
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by brightleave(m): 2:51pm On Feb 03, 2022
Vicboi1:
Ewo and i work here , someone is surly going to get a roof analysis here and might probably get sacked one thing about escavors is the "safety" they often preach about "do it right or not at all"
bros this is not Escravos terminal, it does not belong to chevron where that kind of safety you are talking about is preached and not fully practised. The fps belongs to the terminal above n the kind of safety preached there is the type you take fetching buckets � to fetch water to flush the toilet, the storage tanks are exposed to danger n nobody cares about it. In short, that terminal is a disaster that is waiting to happen for long time.
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Vicboi1(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
brightleave:
bros this is not Escravos terminal, it does not belong to chevron where that kind of safety you are talking about is preached and not fully practised. The fps belongs to the terminal above n the kind of safety preached there is the type you take fetching buckets � to fetch water to flush the toilet, the storage tanks are exposed to danger n nobody cares about it. In short, that terminal is a disaster that is waiting to happen for long time.

Am not saying thats escavors terminal what i meant is that this explosion happened close there i left work recently due to my timeoff and i went to our group Chat and say people talking about this explosion there and what do u mean that the escavors terminal doesn't practice safety?

Please don't really say what you don't know, i remember when we were rehabilitation a crude oil tank there we had numerous safety stand off due to the issue we had with the safety policy

1 Like

Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Gaddafi1: 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Life is about perspectives, I see you’re more bothered about the dead than the survivors. Why is this the case?

The word casualty means injured or dead...
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
Gaddafi1:

The word casualty means injured or dead...

I totally agree. My bad
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by meedoLock(m): 4:32pm On Feb 03, 2022
Wtf! But what is the sound beat for? Like it's a kind of hit video. undecided undecided
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by cutewalex: 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
Only God is guaranteed and sufficient for safety. We can only market and promote safety by mouth not by 100% guaranteed.
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by suffering: 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2022
Billions of dollars lost from the accident yet is only a smidge to the global petroleum industry. Money dey oil. Do rituals from now till you die, e no go reach one quarter of the cash you make from five successful oil deals.
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by Joshumoto(m): 1:26am On Feb 04, 2022
This is what happens when you hand over facilities to we Blacks e no pass like this Short Cut is the answer. If u find out the root cause lack of proper safety procedure. quote author=lalasticlala post=109914538]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Ab2Ylrqvk

Eons Intelligence:

https://twitter.com/BusinessDayNg/status/1489150838392168452?t=DKq6TiHNz5JG2LVebSYsyw&s=19[/quote]
Re: FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri by MOVIC6: 9:18am On Feb 07, 2022
mikeetim:
3 death 7 missing
God please console the bereaved

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence / Video Of The Story Of The Boy Rescued From Sealed Wall In Ondo / Do You Still Spit On Your Urine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.