Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

The News (This sneaky Bastard) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The News (This sneaky Bastard) (448 Views)

Pastor Taribo In The News Again / List Of Nigerians Who Have Graduated With Perfect CGPA Of 5.0 That Made the News / Reactions Of Students To The News Of School Resumption .share Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The News (This sneaky Bastard) by TheSourcerer: 9:48am On Feb 03, 2022
Why exactly do we need the News for? It has become a constant part of our daily lives we have learned to live with , but why do we need the news? Why do I need the news?, if others (the World ) consumed the news the way we did it would be catastrophic ,News is usually regional , for instance in US there are community news networks , when something in a county happens its stays within that county , it's not sent to the whole of the united state , bad things happen everyday , why should I be in Abeokuta and you tell me about a man that killed and buried a girl In a Kaduna village ? Or two boys who beheaded his girlfriend in Enugu?
News should be regionalized , the way we consume the News is Mentally unhealthy , I still wonder why we need the news (this sneaky bastard) of course the if you fish for bad news which is good news you will find them,plenty in fact, bad things happen everyday its been happening from time , arresting 2 kidnappers today would not stop two other kidnappers tomorrow so why tell me they were arrested?
People actually feed off this ,I mean they are people whose work is to literally find news by any means nessesary
So why take the news seriously ?
What is the essence of this news apart from bad news ?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The News (This sneaky Bastard) by fattprince(m): 10:10am On Feb 03, 2022
FTC. I hope this gets to front page.
Welcomed back Sourcerer. Let me go read the post.

1 Like

Re: The News (This sneaky Bastard) by Ejusni(m): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2022
Beautifully written.

1 Like

Re: The News (This sneaky Bastard) by MrJaay(m): 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2022
I teach journalism at university level, so take this from me: Journalism is now more than ever entrepreneurial. The news writers don't need the news as much as they need you the customer/consumer. That you find most news stories unhealthy and lacking resolution wouldn't make them any less profitable to its traders.
Re: The News (This sneaky Bastard) by TheSourcerer: 6:25pm On May 04, 2022
MrJaay:
I teach journalism, so take this from me: Journalism is now more than ever entrepreneurial. The news writers don't need the news as much as they need you the customer/consumer. That you find most news stories unhealthy and lacking resolution wouldn't make them any less profitable to its traders.
Thank you! Really I appreciate ,hope you remember to smile it helps smiley
Re: The News (This sneaky Bastard) by TheSourcerer: 6:26pm On May 04, 2022
Ejusni:
Beautifully written.
oh I'm not used to flatteries , really thank you , how are you and how is your day going so far?

(1) (Reply)

MTN Youtube Night Data Bundles And How To Activate / What Animal Or Object Was Surprisingly Bigger/smaller Than You Thought? / We’ll Call Off Strike Moment FG Accepts UTAS – ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.