Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation (9129 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Okijajuju1(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2011
Funniest Quote:: Fashola is working, Lagos is flooding, Tinubu is chopping, the masses are suffering,

Fashola is a man with a good heart, but he is grossly over-rated,
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by maxproxl: 11:05am On Jun 23, 2011
dont be decvd. av said it before. fashola is over-hyped. its all a marketing & political strategy. I've lived in lagos for over 30-years and l know everywhere. am a yoruba man so this is not about sentiments.

lets be realistic. other governors are working too. anambra, kwara, calabar, katsina, enugu etc has improved. thats to mention a few examples. lagos is only noticeable because its d commercial capital of Nigeria.

ACN depends on alimosho local govt to win elections & the place is obviously neglected.  fashola is just a tinubu puppet. imagine imposing a new deputy on him,  lagos is heavily indebted and pay dues to the acclaimed god-father who has over-enriched himself.

tinubu owns a newspaper firm, radio station, Tv station and recently acquired an Airline. he has major shares in one of the leading oil companies in Africa.  tinubu even betrayed Ribadu & other ACN chieftains by delivering the south-west to PDP during the presidential election. for those who dont know. he recvd BILLIONS for that ASSIGNMENT from the ruling party. an act which now makes him the most sought-after and dependable God-father.

in a nutshell, Fashola is trying & LAGOS is working amidst mass corruption within ACN caucus.  but more needs to be done. however we should stop praising fashola as he has access to arguably the largest tax funds paid by you & l.

you dont praise a father for feeding or paying his childrens school fees. lagos is fashola's responsibility & everything he has done/is doing wasnt initiated by him. its all tinubu's idea. TINUBU IS NOW AN ASSOCIATE OF PDP

Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dammytosh: 11:06am On Jun 23, 2011
prodam:

you are right "so far, so long this thread, i have seen another sensible statement like this"you are from which state? do the comparison between your state governor and Fash, please give me the result

Fashola is working and consequently he deserves all the kudos given to him. the Man has come for good and he is doing it despite the political state of the country.
My Friend, this case is similar to a person who gave 10 men job out of 15 and after some time the remaining five men went about stealing, causing destruction and crime all about. who is to be blamed? the person that gave them job or the 5 men for their lack of patience?

I can see ur defense line. First question is mention one Lagos State Governor who did not perform more than other Governors since 1960. The answer looks like none and the reason is simple. "THERE IS ENOUGH RESOURCES AND COLLATERAL FOR BORROWING MONEY IN LAGOS". I said Fashola is OVER RATED AND OVER HYPED. I never said he is not doing anything. I voted him last election because he is the best choice i had nothing else not that i am errroded with a slavery we must serve Tinubu mind.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by sammirano: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2011
Fashola is becoming worst than the former gov. they are all the same thing I told people that this second term fashola wants to cash out and go.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Koolking(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2011
Fashola is working, Lagos is flooding,
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by ak47mann(m): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2011
pls were is fashola permanent secretary EKO ILE with his ye ye pixs grin grin
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by philip0906(m): 11:23am On Jun 23, 2011
i ve always said it that that guy aint doing jack. . .all he does is plant flowers on the island. . .no be d same lagos i dey stay undecided
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by ajila03(m): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2011
Omi die lodun re ila si.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dammytosh: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2011
philip0906:

i ve always said it that that guy aint doing jack. . .all he does is plant flowers on the island. . .no be d same lagos i dey stay undecided

I AM WITH YOU ON THIS,  I WONDER HOW PEOPLE THINK OO. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE LAGOS I EXPERIENCE EVERYDAY, SOME PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT LAGOS IN THE NATION NEWSPAPER, TVC, LTV ,BILL BOARDS AND CAMPAIGN RADIO.

FROM MY EVERY DAY EXPERIENCE IN LAGOS,  FASHOLA IS OVER HYPED. HEARD OF A GOVERNOR WHO ALSO DIRECT TRAFFIC, CARRY BIKE TO SITE ALONE TO INSPECT WORK PROGRESS, TREK LONG DISTANCE AND USES LESS SIRENE. SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST TOO GOOD AT BLOWING TRUMPETS WHILE SOME ARE NOT.

BE SINCERE WITH YOURSELF. REMOVE ALL THE MEDIA PROGRAMMING IN YOUR BRAIN

AND SAY "" "1,2,3" IS WHAT FASHOLA HAS DONE IN THE PAST 4 YEARS THAT AFFECTED ME AND JUSTIFY THE TAX I PAY MONTHLY"

HONESTLY , WITHOUT ANY SENSE OF PREJUCE, LAGOSIANS DESERVE MORE CONSIDERING THE RESOURCES, THE TAX AND THE DEBT THE STATE IS IN FROM BORROWED MONEY.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by mystikal(m): 11:32am On Jun 23, 2011
You lot should let this man be
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Hoteph(m): 11:35am On Jun 23, 2011
Hey Guys dont blame fashola the guy is working the foood/flooding is a global thing look at China, USA and the likes
but that does not mean that we shall not offer constructive criticisms, we shall not relent so as to keep him on his toes

Infact we need to smoke up his ass am sure he will do pretty much better,

So lets be fair and constructive in our criticisms  wink
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by prodam(m): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2011
sammirano:

Fashola is becoming worst than the former gov. they are all the same thing I told people that this second term fashola wants to cash out and go.
may- 29 -2011 to june - 23 - 2011( less than 30days) is enough to conclude that He is becoming worse.
please bring another point,
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by dammytosh: 11:39am On Jun 23, 2011
Hoteph:

Hey Guys dont blame fashola the guy is working the foood/flooding is a global thing look at China, USA and the likes
but that does not mean that we shall not offer constructive criticisms, we shall not relent so as to keep him on his toes

Infact we need to smoke up his Bottom am sure he will do pretty much better,

So lets be fair and constructive in our criticisms  wink
BOSS,

BOMBING, TERRORISM and ECONOMIC hardship is also a GLOBAL PROBLEM and yet we criticize and will continue to criticize JONATHAN BECAUSE IT IS HIS RESPONSIBILTY , NOT MINE. SO FASHOLA SHOULD TRY AND STEP UP HIS GAME. TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by success4(m): 11:50am On Jun 23, 2011
Overrated or not he is trying! Speak objectively not subjectively.

If Jona did half of what Fashola had done, I am quite sure many of us will celebrate
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by success4(m): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2011
I CAN SMELL PDP PLANNING FOR 2015,

No amount of feedeepee plan would make reasonable Nigerian to vote for an accursed party
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Koolking(m): 11:56am On Jun 23, 2011
Fashola is working, companies are going under, people are frustrated out of businesses due to wanton/multiple taxation, unemployment soaring everyday, BRT fares out of reach of the masses, the list endless, Indeed, fashola is working
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by shoboy9: 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2011
Whatever you feel about Fashola, the fact is that he still did something no matter how little it might seem to you. That little is FAR more than any of the other thugs sorry I mean politicians that we have in this country have done.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by prodam(m): 12:08pm On Jun 23, 2011
Koolking:

Fashola is working, companies are going under, people are frustrated out of businesses due to wanton/multiple taxation, unemployment soaring everyday, BRT fares out of reach of the masses, the list endless, Indeed, fashola is working

are you telling me the problem of a state can be solved in a regime or two,
You've got no point because you will  say Obama is not working because there are still troops in some places, because in his regime the dollar dropped, in his regime an airplane crash occurred,
Fashola is up to the task and is a better leader than any one else in today's politics
shoboy9:

Whatever you feel about Fashola, the fact is that he still did something no matter how little it might seem to you. That little is FAR more than any of the other thugs sorry I mean politicians that we have in this country have done.

thank you for even buttressing my points in advance, you are a way-forward person
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by odutope(m): 12:10pm On Jun 23, 2011
fashola is tryin,jst admit it.
Even if u were in his shoes,can u transform lagos overnight?.
Dnt castigate the guy yet,his tenure is not over and besides is it not lagasions themselves dat contribute 2 d floodin by settin up illegal car wash allaround with poor drainage system, i hop it doesnt take long b4 u realize d truth
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by tpia5: 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2011
nigerians=chronic complainers.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by ibgreatman: 12:17pm On Jun 23, 2011
they stole my sim card here is my new number 07053100583.for those of you that does not know me am smith if you want glo free call just flash me on this 07053100583.availble to glo only.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2011
this one don tire eko_ile. but he must soon show up becus ghana don go.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by lwise(m): 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
The state of insecurity in Lagos now is becoming worrisome.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by mithel(m): 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2011
D guy is nt working jor,even d plants he is getting credit for didnt provide employment for anyone.and instead of the plant reducing the CO2 in d air to beta our health,it is increasing it.that is to say that the plants are fake,and all the money earmarked for that project went into the purse of his  "openly n widely known man-lover partner".even the Brt scheme are just d same molue,dat was repainted by his relatives and driven by his younger brothers.even the few schools n hospitals that were just repainted n d equipments rented for the tv n pics propanganda n were later returned.instead of us to be receiving 1 million from the goverment every month,we are being taxed.he doesnt come and pick up d pure water sachet dat i threw on d floor.n now we av flood.fashola na theif jor,he hasnt done anything.its just propanganda.KORO AND DOSUNMU WUD AV DONE MILES BETTER.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by jimtosam: 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2011
Guys, don't expect much from this guy this term.

Anthony / Town planning along Ikorodu road is a swimming pool
Airport Road in Ikeja is a Swimming pool
The Airport Under bridge to Awolowo glass house is a swimming pool.
Marina is becoming a mess
Idimu, Egbeda,Iyana Ipaja, Agege, Ogba --nothing for them

He is trying but he can do better if that particular 'force' behind him can excuse him.We all know that principality behind him.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by omo9ja1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2011
I had someone saying ACN is the other side coin of DPD, Fashola is doing good job but there is no system inplace to sustain the project,

Eko o oni baje!
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by boyt1: 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2011
Oga Fash, 'it is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive
to change'.  Pls.  tell Tinubu and his Associates that you want to live a Legacy for Lagosians, we love you.
Change! Change!! Change!!! and  BE A GOOD BOY.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Dede1(m): 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2011
@OP

I guess the poster must have been incarcerated for a long time. According to few nitwits on the naira land, Gov. Fashola built Lagos State.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by tjay007: 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2011
lets agree fashola is over-rated, wot av u & i done in our own litle way 2make lagos beta? do u dispos your refus properly, do u maintain your lane durin trafik, do u corekt your neighbor wen he/she does sumtin wrong d@ u knw can affect oda people, wud u go jst 1step out of your way 2do sumtin d@ can make a differenc even wen it doesn't tak mch away 4rm u, wud u giv d oda driva right of way thinkin its gonna ease trafik in 1way or d oda, sum1 made a point here d@, in calabar cleanlines is lyk 2nd nature 2d majority whc i bliv generaly accounts 4 its neatnes not jst d govt.  i bliv d@ 4evri blame we lay on d govt, we play our own part in it. we often blame d polic & oda agencies 4takin bribes bt we ofa 2pay d bribe either because we'v done wrong or u don't want 2waste tym acordin 2lagosians. d truth is, if we dont do d right tin & defend it, nobody wil do it 4us. as rgad god-fadarism, wot we dont knw is, dey use us against ourselves & d only way 2go is to resist dia juicy but cunny ofas; b it financial or odawis & doing wot we bliv is ryt. dis i bliv is d 1st step 2our libration 4rm leaders mishaps. luk @ d man in d miror tel him 2change his wayz. if we can do d@ den we aren't far 4rm naija's eldorado,  long live lagos! long live naija!!, God bless us all. lets agree fashola is over-rated, wot av u & i done in our own litle way 2make lagos beta? do u dispos your refus properly, do u maintain your lane durin trafik, do u corekt your neighbor wen he/she does sumtin wrong d@ u knw can affect oda people, wud u go jst 1step out of your way 2do sumtin d@ can make a differenc even wen it doesn't tak mch away 4rm u, wud u giv d oda driva right of way thinkin its gonna ease trafik in 1way or d oda, sum1 made a point here d@, in calabar cleanlines is lyk 2nd nature 2d majority whc i bliv generaly accounts 4 its neatnes not jst d govt.  i bliv d@ 4evri blame we lay on d govt, we play our own part in it. we often blame d polic & oda agencies 4takin bribes bt we ofa 2pay d bribe either because we'v done wrong or u don't want 2waste tym acordin 2lagosians. d truth is, if we dont do d right tin & defend it, nobody wil do it 4us. as rgad god-fadarism, wot we dont knw is, dey use us against ourselves & d only way 2go is to resist dia juicy but cunny ofas; b it financial or odawis & doing wot we bliv is ryt. dis i bliv is d 1st step 2our libration 4rm leaders mishaps. luk @ d man in d miror tel him 2change his wayz. if we can do d@ den we aren't far 4rm naija's eldorado,  long live lagos! long live naija!!, God bless us all.
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by prodam(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
mithel:

D guy is nt working jor,even d plants he is getting credit for didnt provide employment for anyone.and instead of the plant reducing the CO2 in d air to beta our health,it is increasing it.that is to say that the plants are fake,and all the money earmarked for that project went into the purse of his  "openly n widely known man-lover partner".even the Brt scheme are just d same molue,dat was repainted by his relatives and driven by his younger brothers.even the few schools n hospitals that were just repainted n d equipments rented for the tv n pics propanganda n were later returned.instead of us to be receiving 1 million from the goverment every month,we are being taxed.he doesnt come and pick up d pure water sachet dat i threw on d floor.n now we av flood.fashola na theif jor,he hasnt done anything.its just propanganda.KORO AND DOSUNMU WUD AV DONE MILES BETTER.

you sound odd and "", hear your self "fake plant", "plants that increase co2 is fake", "rented equipments for tv pics""
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by johnjoel(m): 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2011
Emperoh:

Fashola is working; Tinubu is chopping cool?

gbam,,,but that is aweful
Re: Is Fashola Over Celebrated? Or He Is On Vacation by Abuse: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2011
The forces working against Fashola are enormous. The floods in Lagos state are natural disasters. What ever the best Governor does in Nigeria is threntened by floods.So Fashola has no control over floods.Victoria island is a very beautiful place built on a very low plain hence, it is most times affected by this floods. Just pray for light showers and sunshine.If you pray for more then you will get floods. GBAM!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko-Haram: Northern Traditional-Rulers Back Amnesty / Ambode Thanks Lagos Residents, Vows More Transformation In 2017 / Why President Buhari Sacked IGP Adamu – Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.