Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents (4410 Views)

Don’t Reject NYSC Corp Members, DG Appeals To Corporate Bodies / Announcement: Briefing Of Prospective Corp-members Holds July 30 At Unilag / Unilag Notice On 2014 Nysc Batch ‘a’ Mobilization Exercise Unilag Notice On 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by daroz(m): 1:06pm On Jun 23, 2011
Guyman02:

I wont blame any parent who doent want their wards to serve in certain areas as a precautionary measure. It is unadvisable for a youth corp member to wear his uniform on the streets of Maiduguri under the present situation because you stand the chance of being gunned by motorcycle riding AK47 clutching Boko Haram members who may see them as Govt agents.
Many CPC supporters still view corpers as part of the rigging mechanism used to deny their Mai Gaskiya his presidential ambition.

Advice: if you must serve in some northern states, after orientation camp, dump your NYSC uniform in a bag and go to your place of primary assignment in kaftans and probably grow a beard (bia bia) then for the ladies learn to wear the hijab (veil), free flowing trousers or wrapper, long sleeve shirts that falls below your butts and hopefully you will be fine by not attracting unnecessary attention as an arni (infidel) on yourselves.

Avoid any writeup or booklet in arabic alphabet or you will be wrongly accused of desecrating the Koran.

For you Christian preachers, please dont go around evangilizing and arguing over religious matters or you may be acused of abusing the prophet (Apostacy) and that could attract mob action.

Avoid having affairs with their daughters or you may be accused of defiling her with infidel blood, but they are happy when they see their men dating Christian ladies as they view that as a conquest with the possibility that if it leads to marriage the Christian lady will bear kids that will follow Islam (Maryam Babangida) and even be converted.

Avoid using Almajiri kids to wash and clean your clothes and house as they have the tendency to claim that you were seen cleaning your anus with a sheet from the holy book and that will spell doom.

Avoid alcohol joints as they are seen as a place of gathering for infidels that could be attacked for a reward from Allah.

Avoid INEC electoral duties.

Avoid passing through the Mosque area especially on Fridays when others are bowing and you are walking majestically across their front the Hisbah (Islamic police) may come for and you could be dealth with severely.

When you hear shouts of Allahu Akbar continuosly different from the normal call to prayer just sense trouble and make your way out of that location, it could be a call for mob action.

There are other rules that you must keep and you will have a memorable service year in the North and in the end you may even wish to remain there and pick a job.

This may sound funny, but it must be taken seriously.
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2011
[color=#770077][/color]
n.jb.lbbbbbbb.,/ cry cry grin grin grin just kidding
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by bashr4: 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
that should also include the South west,we dont want our children to be raped by traditional rulers
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by eggo: 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2011
pls let them scrap dat nonscense, its a waste of tyme, and money and energy, angry
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by dayokanu(m): 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2011
Hopefully they would avoid MEND states where they can be kidnapped for ransom
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by htajz: 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2011
dayokanu:

Hopefully they would avoid MEND states where they can be kidnapped for ransom

grin grin grin grin make everybody serve for im papa region since no region is safe but north own na different issue.
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by rumomonga(m): 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
Gambari kill malla, no case.

bashr4:

that should also include the South west,we dont want our children to be violated by traditional rulers
with due respect, u dull,
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by legba1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2011
since the Almajiris are dangerous species of the north and the MEND boys will kidnap you in SS and SE while we have traditional rulers with untaimed passion for corper's "TOTO",make our children just forget the whole idea.shikenna
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by htajz: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2011
legba1:

since the Almajiris are dangerous species of the north and the MEND boys will kidnap you in SS and SE while we have traditional rulers with untaimed passion for corper's "TOTO",make our children just forget the whole idea.shikenna

exactly what am saying, make everybody go serve im papa.

rumomonga:

Gambari kill malla, no case.
with due respect, u dull,

how is he dull am serving in ekiti and i have lost count of how many times we have been robbed and beaten up. thsi is not about tribalism ,no where is safe in naija
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by Roland17(m): 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2011
kaiii the money to do runs for NYSC go don increase now, those officials would be threatening Students with the North now ohhh.
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by rumomonga(m): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2011
htajz:

how is he dull am serving in ekiti and i have lost count of how many times we have been robbed and beaten up. thsi is not about tribalism ,no where is safe in naija
robbed, raped and beaten, by traditional rulers? The guy is dull, he was the one incoporating tribalism into a case of national concern.
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by Gbenge77(m): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2011
I think the Nysc programme has outlived its usefulness.
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by susanbussy(f): 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2011
NYSC is BULL CRAP, wate of time, money and energy, a lot of lives has gone beacause of this crap, a lot of parents who laboured to send their kids to school ended up in tears because of this crap, Even a lot has died from road accident from travelling because they are going to camp or whereever they are posted, THIS SHOULD BE CANCELED,
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by DonShark(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2011
Igbos will do anything to save a life because it's an atrocity in conniving or even killing somebody in Igboland.Anybody that hears it will curse you.That's how it is done down here.
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2011
rumomonga:

robbed, violated and beaten, by traditional rulers? The guy is dull, he was the one incoporating tribalism into a case of national concern.
no! a sister of yours started it! so dont blame him

Quote from: Ileke-IdI on Today at 06:04:59 AM
Nigeria is a death zone by herself.

I wouldnt recommend Northern and SE'rn regions to any parent.
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2011
Hey, not fair bashing the Igbos,i served at Enugu,and i can say it was memorable,even when i ran out of cash,the villagers were nice enough to give me food items.can't say the same about the Northern States.
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 23, 2011
pc guru:

Hey, not fair bashing the Igbos,i served at Enugu,and i can say it was memorable,even when i ran out of cash,the villagers were nice enough to give me food items.can't say the same about the Northern States.

ofcourse igbos are nice!i remember this yoruba student that lives in my fathers old house,he always use his bathing bucket to fetch water from our big tank where we store water use at the village during the holidays time,my father caught him right handed yet he gives him food whenever we are home and other aid.

i was only telling rimomonga how a yoruba women ileke idi started the bashing on Seast!
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by rumomonga(m): 12:06am On Jun 24, 2011
Toaskarity:

ofcourse igbos are nice!i remember this yoruba student that lives in my fathers old house,he always use his bathing bucket to fetch water from our big tank where we store water use at the village during the holidays time,my father caught him right handed yet he gives him food whenever we are home and other aid.

i was only telling rimomonga how a yoruba women ileke idi started the bashing on Seast!
yeah, i got ur point. Theres one thing we al knw dt even wen SE n SW cud still be bearable, the north is nt a place to send ur enemies' ward let alone urs.
This bulldropping shud be scrapped, i heard a time ago dt it costs FG 700k to maintain each corper, i fink such amount shud be given as start up capital towards self employment for the fresh grads. Imao
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 24, 2011
rumomonga:

yeah, i got your point. Theres one thing we al knw dt even wen SE n SW cud still be bearable, the north is nt a place to send your enemies' ward let alone urs.
This bulldropping shud be scrapped, i heard a time ago dt it costs FG 700k to maintain each corper, i fink such amount shud be given as start up capital towards self employment for the fresh grads. Imao
LIKE THE IDEA!
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by homecash1(m): 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2011
This announcement is belated, this is what all parents who have children in universities should have been publishing full page in all the newspapers in Nigeria and in all Languages!!!!!
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by juman(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2011
Many people are not happy with NYSC, why cant government use the money spending on NYSC yearly to be helping some graduates to start small small businesses.
Re: NYSC: ‘Don’t Send Our Children To Death Zone’ - UNILAG Parents by Seun(m): 12:46am On Jul 05, 2011
moved to Education

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Thought Of What Would Happen To You After NYSC Alawee? / Batch B16 Stream 2 Service Extention / NYSC Leave, Is It Before POP Or After POP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.