Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,461 members, 7,836,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Chronicle Of A Hustler That Expected An Easy Run With Life. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chronicle Of A Hustler That Expected An Easy Run With Life. (585 Views)

My SBE Chronicle...#accesswarrior / Life as a hustler / The #nairalife Of A Hustler Working Three Product Management Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronicle Of A Hustler That Expected An Easy Run With Life. by 0Plurse: 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2022
First of all, I want to Salute the resilience of graduates who have stayed home a year, 2 or 3 without a Job after NYSC. Mehn it is easy talking motivational or advising graduates on what he/she should do to get a good-paying Gig until you are in the same shoe. Walahi you will forget whatever motivational quotes run through your head, your Confidence will disappear, any outing with friends will seem like punishment to you when faced with LIFE after Service with no Job coming forth.
I am not trying to scare you as an undergraduate or Corper reading this, just prepare for it, have faith, only God can see you through.
I entered depression after just 2 months Post NYSC. Mine could be because I am an introvert though, I mean I can stay in my room for 3 weeks straight without seeing the Sunlight.
I can also be an extrovert if I wanted to, but I just find peace being alone than flocks around.

School was very tough for me, you can't imagine how tough. I was a real hustler during my Polytechnic and University days, I worked in a Factory, Construction Sites as a laborer, and with Bricklayers ( Though this helped me a lot cus my course Is in Constitution line), and the best I could graduate with was 2:2. Though I was close to 2:1 but no excuse here.

I finished service in November 2021, I was paid in my PPA in the South South, so I was able to save 200+, i spent about 100k to buy things I needed when I got home, and acquire some professional certification that I thought could help during my job hunting. I intended to start a business but what is remaining was as useless in starting anything, so I decided to use the remaining cash to go job hunting. I stay in the Southwest but far away from Lagos. I traveled to lag once and attended two interviews but na so so 50k I dey hear, for Island o. As if they both had agreed to fix the salary to 50k, lol.

I scaled through the interviews and was offered the two jobs but the unfortunate thing about those jobs was that, i wouldn't have time to scout for better opportunities once occupied with the job. Another wahala was Accomodation, i stayed with a friend who was also squatting during the few days i used in lag and they were already giving me signal that my time is up. I didn't have anywhere else to stay, and even if i get a place transport will take half of the salary because of the location, my best bet to getting accomodation is Mainland, and work dey island.

I rejected both, went back to my state and this time it was 7 weeks after NYSC, money remain 30k for account.
Note that i come from a very humble background and I still contribute to the expenses at home once in a while. Let me state it in a simple term what i meant. What I meant was that, i am the first and only graduate from my immediate and extendddded family, i hustled my way through school.

At this point i was depressed, what made me depressed was majorly because since i struggled throughout from childhood, to school, i thought i was going to have an easy ride from Life but Life thought me it is never like that, lol.

BRB. I need to plug my phone, i will continue In 15 mins time. Stay with me.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Hustler That Expected An Easy Run With Life. by 0Plurse: 11:12pm On Feb 03, 2022
I confirm what depression was, I had only read about it. 9 weeks gone and still nothing, at this juncture, I was having about 10k in my account.

Let me take you back to my lifestyle, for you to at least know that I am not the unserious type. During school and NYSC, I had learned and relearned Graphic designing, AutoCad (i needed It for my course of study though), Copywriting, Affiliate Marketing, Press Release, Content and Blog post writing. All this I learned by watching Youtube videos with my night plan. I also learned and created my profile on Linkedin, Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer (i hate this one though, na Indians full here, dem go dey find person wey go collect $1 and write 1000 words dem, awon oloshi undecided).

But the funny thing is, i can't even say it to anyone how very little I have earned with all these skills, maybe these wasn't for me or it is not yet time, that Is what i used to tell myself. And Note that, i am sacred person, i am a Muslim and i pray so well.

I was even on different Job Platforms on Whatsapp and i visits job sites on a daily, i sent a lot of CVs to the extent that, the CV i used to send on a daily is all my friends have sent since we finished service cheesy. At this point i took some break because i felt I was pushing myself too much, but it wasn't my fault, the indirect pressure from house is all I needed to enter depression cry.

I was called for another Interview by a popular private Company late December but in my state in the Southwest, I didn't even remember sending my CV. I went and the large pool of people that came for the interview was scary. We did Aptitude Test and three days after the Test, i got a Mail that i passed and interview the next day, at this point dem don drop like 75%. We did interview and I got a mail to go for Medical that same week. The next week i saw my Offer Letter with a Cogratulatory message to resume the next day.

I was very happy, it was as though something changed in my body system because I felt better than I had feel all my life grin. My Parents were so happy.
I resumed first week of January and i just clocked a month.

The main reason why i created this thread is to share what i have noticed during my Job hunt.
I have attended four Interviews since after NYSC, I was offered three, the last which was the one i attended before that of my current Job i reached the third and last stage.

I stated all the Skills I mentioned earlier in my Resume and Cover letter. Even though i didnt get to earn with those skills, i felt it helps make my CV looks attractive, and all the HRs always find that part of me interesting, and my Excel skills can also be rated 4/10. Excel hard for me but at least i sabi the basics and how to use wella.

So in essence, to my people out there sourcing for a job, please try and know and update your CV with some of these skills, it might be helpful in search for the gig. Even though you wan venture into something, na person wey get income or get support dey reason investment. If you be Ajekpako like me, no one will invest in your dreams o, it is when you get something doing you can reason venturing.

And lastly, what must be, must surely be. But you need God and Faith in everything you do, prayers answer that is certain, be Prayerful alot and have Faith.
Thank you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chronicle Of A Hustler That Expected An Easy Run With Life. by Keskyramirez: 1:13am On Feb 04, 2022
this is a great experience

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Hustler That Expected An Easy Run With Life. by Bluesea1and2: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2022
0Plurse:
I. During school and NYSC, I had learned and relearned Graphic designing, AutoCad (i needed It for my course of study though), Copywriting, Affiliate Marketing, Press Release, Content and Blog post writing. All this I learned by watching Youtube videos with my night plan. I also learned and created my profile on Linkedin, Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer (i hate this one though, na those wey go dey find person wey go collect $1 and write 1000 words dem go dey find, awon oloshi undecided).

Thank you.

Hahahha @ the bolded. Some no go even pay you

3 Likes

Re: Chronicle Of A Hustler That Expected An Easy Run With Life. by Dotmanmcdon(m): 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hmm �it is well.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of A Hustler That Expected An Easy Run With Life. by 0Plurse: 10:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
Bluesea1and2:

Hahahha @ the bolded. Some no go even pay you

cheesy You must be a Freelancer to know this. Even if you decided to be careful to not apply for Jobs from Indians, you would still find yourself in their trap.
They are now fond of using a different Nationality and disguise as Oyinbo on those platforms. Those people sabi exploit angry

I am tempted to say i hate Indians, but i won't say it.
Re: Chronicle Of A Hustler That Expected An Easy Run With Life. by 0Plurse: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2022
Keskyramirez:
this is a great experience

It is bro, but it was tough.
I think the person who said "Life owes you Nothing" was right.

(1) (Reply)

Your Downfall Is Imminent. Stand Aside And Ponder! / Amazon KDP Passive Income Generator / Rema’s Net Worth, Legal Name, Place Of Birth, Girlfriend, Instagram Page And Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.