Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis (17696 Views)

Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) / Hijab: Kwara Directs Closure Of Schools In Ilorin / Teachers, Students Clash In Osun, Baptist High School Gbodofon, Osogbo Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Ajems2016: 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2022
I tire ooo

So North Central does not have any Muslim school that your wards can enroll in

Muslim and always looking for trouble!![/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Freestainworld(m): 1:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
Pymetrics:

Learn bro, it is not a private school. It is a government funded school and they have no right to discriminate except government issue such policy.
In another way, they should reject admission of Muslim candidates and see if government would allow that.
I attended Mount Carmel College, Ilorin and we were not allowed to build our mosque. Whenever we did, the school authority destroyed it. Later we complied and resort to use of canopy every Friday. This is a school dominated by 95% Muslim. How can government be funding a school that only attract 5% non Muslim admission while government is not capable to establish a sole school dedicated for Muslim? This is a case of resource management and coexistence among the people.
I thought it was a private school, missionary school to be precisely, but since is it government funded school, everyone should be allowed to practice their religion.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by countryman13: 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2022
Entprys:
Ordinary hijab ? Why are our christians brothers so segrigational ? Why are we so discriminatory ?
In a secular country ?
If they reject hijab, then, the school will be closed.
Hmmmmmm,so there are no muslim schools where d affected students can go to? Let d school remained closed n see if they wont be taken to another school n re-enrolled. Why cant they go to living faith/redeemers school n b demanding for an hijab to b wore. Just looking for trouble where none exist. Am a Baptist n dont tolerate any religious threat on my life. Cross my path religiously n I will crush U wella putting Christianity aside. We are just pretenders n not religious b u xtians or muslims.
Spiritualism is not about praying or going to Church/mosque but a way of making ds life a better place to live in.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by tuboi: 1:53pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nairobi33:
you have been programmed through all your miserable life by your primitive backward old age parents to be a zombie and islamophobe, therefore your bigoted, primitive view & judgement of Islam & Muslims is void of any valid reason and hence inconsequential. Your true color & intention surfaced at last. You're a bigoted sheeple and intolerant Christian islamophobe.

You keep exposing yourself….Christians don’t harbor hate….just read what you wrote and you’ll realize you weren’t raised in a positive environment…100 naira condom would have prevented this mistake your parents made..

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Awoleesu(m): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2022
lied:
He is not me.
I'm sorry, I mixed it up!
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Banter1(m): 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
FoolaniHellman:

So North Central does not have any Muslim school that your wards can enroll in

Muslim and always looking for trouble!!
Deadly religion

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Banter1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
Entprys:
I am a christian
and you decided to be a bad one

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by nurain150(m): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2022
YinkaOlusesi:
baptist is christian sch not muslim sch, let ur understanding be clear.

And you will be the one to complain marginalization when your Christian fellow won't taste presidency
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Prolific007(m): 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2022
Entprys:

I am a christian

What makes you a Christian and different from church goer's?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Thelife: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nairobi33:

I don't care what happens in katsina, I live in kwara and that's all I care about. It's about my state, kwara. Our state our rules, their state, their cup of tea is non of my business. Peace & tolerance. No room for discrimination, or any formof intolerance in kwara. the school is funded by majority Muslim taxpayers, case closed.

Seriously, you don't care about what happen in Katsina but you are busy using ABU as an example of Muslim tolerating Christian. Hopeless hypocrite. Well we will allow your sis to wear there hijab in our school once you allow the teaching of CRK by Christian teachers in your hisslamic schools.

You claim that you don't force Christian to do your Arabic incantation during the school hours, you must be joking.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Thelife: 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2022
nurain150:

And you will be the one to complain marginalization when your Christian fellow won't taste presidency

Smile, coming from the president maker himself. 2023 will shock you headslammers.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Thelife: 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2022
Antifraud00:
The question is, who pays the teachers?

Who paid the imam in Ilorin central mosque?

Can I wear a sander to the mosque because the imam are been paid by the government?

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Thelife: 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2022
BenzEne1:
You people keep mentioning hisbah and the intolerance in the core north. These are all states that practice and have incorporated Shari'a.
It's goes both ways really, here in the south, both public and private owned schools have weaved in Christian doctrines and etiquettes in their prospectus. Yet we haven't challenged anyone. Talk about intolerance, I was made to buy an SOP and memorize hymns from it in a secular secondary school, all because the proprietor is christian. My sister wasn't allowed to wear the scarf(head cover) all through her years there too.
What about the government universities here? They set up CAs and Practicals that clash with the jumuah service on Fridays and no one gives a hoot that the Muslims are being discriminated against that way.
You guys can't swallow your own bitter pill.
As long as it's a government owned school, then Muslims should be allowed to use the hijab, which is compulsory on their women. The only way any of your argument stands is if the said school was still a missionary (Christian) school.
You guys only hide behind the prospectus most of these schools dish out to students. But these school laws, all go against the principles of secularity and fairness of practice. They have all been constructed in a way to sooth a particular religion. We can take it here where the Muslim population is not significant, but a place like Kwara? It's definitely going to cause chaos.

You are still saying trash.

Let your government owned islamic public school to start respecting the right of a Christian first in Kwara state.

So funny how you just waive off what your hisslamic brothers are doing up north but you want us to focus on where you guys are claiming to be the victim.

Hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by jamess32: 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ebubu3:

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/03/kwara-government-shuts-baptist-high-school-over-hijab-crisis

what is going on in kwara, are they the most religious people in Nigeria? if not Ilorin it will be offa, if not offa it will be omuaran, why are the majority Moslems oppressing minority Christians, its unfair and totally unacceptable, very soon they will write a petition for npf and army to be wearing hijab

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
Thelife:

Seriously, you don't care about what happen in Katsina but you are busy using ABU as an example of Muslim tolerating Christian. Hopeless hypocrite. Well we will allow your sis to wear there hijab in house school once you allow the teaching of CRK by Christian teachers in your hisslamic schools.

You claim that you don't force Christian to do your Arabic incantation during the school hours, you must be joking.
Funflipper:

What is the school's motto again? The last time i checked, it was "CHRIST SHALL REIGN".. Does that sound familiar to you?

You see your ignorance? You didn't know where the debate started from but you jumped into ship just like a zombie would. Now do you see above comment by @funflipper is the reason why I referenced A.B.U? & we will allow our Governors to continue funding your schools as soon as you allow innocent kids who their parents are the majority taxpayers to carryout their freedom of religion. The school remains shut until the school comply, the governor got the message
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Thelife: 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nairobi33:

You see your ignorance? You didn't know where the debate started from but you jumped into ship just like a zombie would. Now do you see above comment by @funflipper is the reason why I referenced A.B.U?

See whose ignorance?

So is the Arabic inscription the ABU slogan? You are just plain too dumb, well I'm not surprise, You can't be a moslom and still be sane.

Guess you have the right to use other state as prove for your stupidity but when it comes to others right, it then become void.

Hopeless troll.

Cry more troll, you and your dumb head slammer governor are only doing yourself. Last I checked you hardly see a Christian childern in public schools and the one that's there, they do have an organized private tutor class. So you see that you people will still be at the receiving end. Well who care grin grin, it will only increase the number of your useless hijabi girls that keep giving birth to children without a father. It such a shame how your hijabi girls are littering Yoruba land with a bastard children. So don't worry, you can close the school as long as you like, just know that your sis will never wear there hijab enter that school. Mark my word.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by atheistandproud(m): 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2022
biotechshola:

Name 1 govt owned Islamic school where Christians studnets are forced to use hijab...

Sultan AbdulRahman College of Health Technology, Gwadabawa, Sokoto.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by atheistandproud(m): 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nairobi33:

Name the moslem institutions and locations and also tell me if they are being funded by taxpayers money, else you are a liar. Christian apologetic atheist.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Ephemmm: 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2022
ybalogs:
Do you even know the meaning of Hijab?? You don't want your ladies walking naked yet you abhor Hijab? How is wearing Hijab a threat to anything? Let's be objective and stop talking out of hatred for a particular religion. Hatred won't get us anywhere.

According to your definition, only the hijab-wearing ladies are not working naked.

Your brain needs reformatting.

If Baptist Association allows the school to be in a dilapidated state like other schools with islamic doctrine, will you take your children there to be claiming their non-sense right?

Other schools practicing Islamic doctrine abounds; finance and upgrade them to the required standard and stop being a nuisance into the society.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
Thelife:

See whose ignorance?

So is the Arabic inscription the ABU slogan? You are just plain too dumb, well I'm not surprise, You can't be a moslom and still be sane.

Guess you have the right to use other state as prove for your stupidity but when it comes to others right, it then become void.

Hopeless troll.
Degenerate piece of sh1t. you lack basic comprehension level required to understand the message I realised that now. You are emotionally battered & metally unfit, unworthy of my mention. Go back to your daddy g.o, you need miracle in your miserable life. You proved to be mentally incompetent & blinded by religious bias, your emotion sold you out. You're ignored onward.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
atheistandproud:

Can you prove this allegation?
Who and where are the Christian students that faced such unacceptable injustice, have they ever come out to protest against their injustice? Who and where are they or any evident to support your claim?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Hisbah14: 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2022
Sageez:
if I was the other way round, would you still say the same thing?
Can a Christian be allowed to attend an Islamic school without hijab?

Taqiyya
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Thelife: 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nairobi33:

Degenerate piece of sh1t. you lack basic comprehension level required to understand the message I realised that now. You are emotionally battered & metally unfit, unworthy of my mention. Go back to your daddy g.o, you need miracle in your miserable life. You proved to be mentally incompetent & blinded by religious bias, your emotion sold you out. You're ignored onward.

Is that all you got? Won't be surprise, you head slammers lack manners, no wonder you result to violent in anything you do. Well send that letter to your Father, he need it more.

Smile,Daddy g.o? The same daddy G.O built the same school you and your useless head slammers want so badly that you are even crying all over the space grin. Cry more troll. Such a disgrace to your gigolo fake prophet.

Smile, see who is accusing someone religious bias grin grin

The same idiot that claim that the maltreatment the Christian are facing up not doesn't concern him yet he keep crying over someone else property. Werey ole ole gbogbo.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by biotechshola(m): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
atheistandproud:

What do you stand to gain by spreading fake info? Here's a pic from the school you alledged..[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Feranmi4christ(m): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2022
ybalogs:
OBHS is a Kwara state government school . The Kwara state government is responsible for everything from paying the staffs and running the school just that it was established by the missionaries like 50 years ago. Let's even agree it's a Christian school, what happens to allowing Muslim practice their religion? Ansarudeen college ,Naiwarudeen Grammar school etc all in Kwara (all Government school but established by those Islamic Organisations) all allow Christians wear berets . They don't force them to Jumaat prayers like they do in OBHS. All these are not needed as this is where our morals are formed. We can't keep complaining we are being divided along religion and ethnic lines of we're not ready to accept each other.

Keep shut and stop ranting about what you have no know about.
Are from kwara state?
Do you live there?
FYI I'm from kwara state and I live in ilorin. So stop all this unconfirmed gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Thelife: 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
Pymetrics:

Learn bro, it is not a private school. It is a government funded school and they have no right to discriminate except government issue such policy.
In another way, they should reject admission of Muslim candidates and see if government would allow that.
I attended Mount Carmel College, Ilorin and we were not allowed to build our mosque. Whenever we did, the school authority destroyed it. Later we complied and resort to use of canopy every Friday. This is a school dominated by 95% Muslim. How can government be funding a school that only attract 5% non Muslim admission while government is not capable to establish a sole school dedicated for Muslim? This is a case of resource management and coexistence among the people.

The same reason why a Christian can't organized a fellowship inside government owned islamic public school.

You guys should learn to call a spade a spade. Seriously,you can't be treating other people like a second class citizen in your own house and expect that same person to treat you like a king in his own house.

You guys keep saying government owned school up and down but you forget to say anything about how Christian are treated in government owned islamic public school too.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Thelife: 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
biotechshola:

What do you stand to gain by spreading fake info? Here's a pic from the school you alledged..[img][/img]

Stop reply those people, especially that hopeless Nairobi33, don't you see how dumb he sound.

1 Like

Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2022
biotechshola:

atheistandproud , you see your miserable life?
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by MUYEEKFIRST(m): 4:10pm On Feb 04, 2022
YinkaOlusesi:
baptist is christian sch not muslim sch, let ur understanding be clear.
The school is financed and funded with Muslim tax.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by Pymetrics: 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2022
Thelife:

The same reason why a Christian can't organized a fellowship inside government owned islamic public school.

You guys should learn to call a spade a spade. Seriously,you can't be treating other people like a second class citizen in your own house and expect that same person to treat you like a king in his own house.

You guys keep saying government owned school up and down but you forget to say anything about how Christian are treated in government owned islamic public school too.
How are Christian treated in government owned Islamic Schools? I know Ansaru Islam Secondary School not far from Mount Carmel College which I attended. The Christians in that school hold their fellowship without hindrance. They use a class. Meanwhile don't ask me why didn't they build church. We all know Christian denominations have their churches separate unlike majority of Muslims who are using same mosque.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by atheistandproud(m): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
biotechshola:

Provide an official school photo.
Re: Hijab: Kwara Shuts Baptist High School Over Crisis by atheistandproud(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2022
Thelife:

Stop reply those people, especially that hopeless Nairobi33, don't you see how dumb he sound.

Just saw your message now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Do You Call This In English? (photo) / Eastern Palm University, Ogboko: Okorocha Gets NUC Licence / "Accuser Of Professor Akindele Has Refused To Come Forward" - OAU Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.