Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader (6813 Views)

How Start Petroleum Products Brokerage Business Without Capital Investment / Fuel Scarcity And The State Of Our Petroleum Sector / Inverter, Solar Panel,deep Cycle Battery,cctv Camera,industrial Ups Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by Sagamite(m): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
cescky:

majority of the crude oil in nigeria

No.

Foreign companies produce it and pay Bayelsa.

Now tell me, what does Bayelsa produce?
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by fineboy200: 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2011
what does the minority leader mean. if they dont want it, then they shld try and cause their land to produce oil. nonsense. no be god dey give oil? when they were killing southerners, they dont think about safety of fellow nigerians.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by bkbabe97y(m): 4:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
saintneo:

First and foremost, your first statement is wrong and evil. You cannot attribute the coup organised by a group of Majors from both the East and the West (Majority for the East) to an entire group of people. It was their individual contribution to our politics.

Wow, only the good Lord sees my heart and knows how much I'd have loved to turn you into a Internet Pinata now, but I just dont have the time.  . . . .
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by EzeUche1(m): 4:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
Sagamite:

No.

Foreign companies produce it and pay Bayelsa.

Now tell me, what does Bayelsa produce?

Trick question for those who do not understand what you are saying.  grin

In terms of production, we can discuss the aquaculture production if you would like.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by Sagamite(m): 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2011
EzeUche!:

Trick question for those who do not understand what you are saying.  grin

Exactly.

People will be opening their mouth saying Northerners are lazy and produce nothing when they produce nada too. Just because they are lucky oil is deposited in their region or seas around it.

Hardly any region bar Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and maybe some few Igbo states (I am aware of) that DO MANUFACTURE something or produce tangible jackshit. Yet what even those produce is not sufficient.

EzeUche!:

In terms of production, we can discuss the aquaculture production if you would like.

Do they? I am not aware.

Is it industrial? What is the quantity?
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by bkbabe97y(m): 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2011
So, basically the North is insisting others foot her bills?

The rest of Nigeria had better device a means to cut off those retrogressives .

The North is the one holding the rest in Perpetual slavery.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by ektbear: 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2011
While certainly people who produce stuff are respected more by me than those who don't, at the end of the day when it comes time to pay bills, a lazy man who has a gold mine or oil well on his property is just as good as the intelligent man who uses his brains to generate wealth (well, not quite, but close enough.)

So yes, Bayelsa doesn't produce anything. But sometimes being lucky enough to have dinosaurs die on your patch of land (or however else oil was formed) is better than being industrious, creative, etc
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by EzeUche1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

While certainly people who produce stuff are respected more by me than those who don't, at the end of the day when it comes time to pay bills, a lazy man who has a gold mine or oil well on his property is just as good as the intelligent man who uses his brains to generate wealth (well, not quite, but close enough.)

So yes, Bayelsa doesn't produce anything. But sometimes being lucky enough to have dinosaurs die on your patch of land (or however else oil was formed) is better than being industrious, creative, etc

But relying on a resource that doesn't last forever is not very smart. Becuase once that resource is used up, what can you fall back on. The place that is known for production will always do better than the places they rely on resources. Europe does not have much resources, but those countries focused on production and look where it led them.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by hercules07: 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2011
We need to have a look at the bill before we comment, the disparity should not necessarily be that great as there is a pipeline that runs from the south to the North anyway.
The North produces the bulk of the food we consume down here, I marvel at people who say Northerners are lazy, I am sure they have not been up north to see these poor people tilling the land for their daily needs, it is not only when you run after cars in traffic selling stuff that you are hardworking.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by ektbear: 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
I don't think that is the right way to think about things.

If I have $100 billion sitting in the ground somewhere, and am able to draw 1% of the value of it for 100 years, then assuming I invest the proceeds wisely, I'll still benefit in years 101, 102 and beyond.

Of course, if I piss away that money, then in 100 years time I'll be screwed.

Europe has already extracted that figurative $100 billion (not necessarily through oil obviously, but through a variety of things over the past many years) and has now invested it wisely (into educating their people, infrastructure, industry, etc).

Anyway, it isn't an either/or proposition. . . you can both harvest the resource and invest in useful things.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by Sagamite(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

I don't understand.

How is a lazy man better or on par with an intelligent hardworking man?
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by ektbear: 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2011
Sagamite:

I don't understand.

How is a lazy man better or on par with an intelligent hardworking man?

Lazy man whose father left him an inheritance which pays him $500K/year is "better or on par" (at least if we mean just from a money POV) with an intelligent hardworking engineer whose job pays him $80-90K/year or doctor who earns $150k/year.

Lazy man (e.g., Eddy Curry formerly of the Knicks) who hit the genetic jackpot and thus earns millions of dollars per year is also better than that hardworking engineer or doctor.

Saudi Arabia hit the jackpot as well, and is better off than most other countries in the world, due to nothing but dumb luck.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by Guyman02: 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2011
He is helping the US and Europe to ensure that this bill is not passed so that we will continue to be in the dark of how much oil we produce and export. Very sad that some sections of the country are pulling the rest backwards.
It is a shame that he is not concerned that 73% of kids in Borno State between 6-16yrs have never been to school while Imo State is recording almost 100% school enrolment for the same age bracket and the new Gov is still not satisfied that he has just declared free education for every kid in Imo State.
Ten years from now what will be the status and mentality of kids from these two states mentioned? Definitely one will be very advanced and rearing to acquire more knowledge and know-how on how to mine and refine the oil while the other will be a tool for religious extremism and totally dependent on handouts from the federation allocation to states and local govts while asking for quota system to slow down the other kid from further academic advancement.
The north is truly in problem and the gap in all human development indexes between them and the south will keep widening. Sad to have people retrigressive ethnic jingoists like Hon Sumaila as our representatives.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by ak47mann(m): 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2011
let them keep dreaming if they stop PIB, Nigeria will not last beyond 2015 sad
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by ak47mann(m): 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2011
let them keep dreaming if they stop PIB, Nigeria will not last beyond  2015 sad
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by owobokiri(m): 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2011
If you dont like some parts of the bill, you TRY to insert some modifications to help your constituency. You dont have to "kill" the whole bill. This should be politics amongst fellow countrymen, right? When did the whole thing turn into a zero sum game?
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by teskyg: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2011
aboki.so dem know who dem feed them abi?fight with the last point of their blood like say u you get the oil.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by Sagamite(m): 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lazy man whose father left him an inheritance which pays him $500K/year is "better or on par" (at least if we mean just from a money POV) with an intelligent hardworking engineer whose job pays him $80-90K/year or doctor who earns $150k/year.

Lazy man (e.g., Eddy Curry formerly of the Knicks) who hit the genetic jackpot and thus earns millions of dollars per year is also better than that hardworking engineer or doctor.

Saudi Arabia hit the jackpot as well, and is better off than most other countries in the world, due to nothing but dumb luck.

You have to start differentiating between better off [/i]and [i]better.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by kpogede77: 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2011
Sagamite:

Exactly.

People will be opening their mouth saying Northerners are lazy and produce nothing when they produce nada too. Just because they are lucky oil is deposited in their region or seas around it.

Hardly any region bar Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and maybe some few Igbo states (I am aware of) that DO MANUFACTURE something or produce tangible jackshit. Yet what even those produce is not sufficient.

Do they? I am not aware.

Is it industrial? What is the quantity?
[b]
HOW CAN THEY BUILD INDUSTRY WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO POVERTY FOR OVER 50 YEARS BY THESE HAUSA FULANI THAT GOD WILL PUNISH. BY THE WAY WHO TOLD YOU THAT THERE ARE NO INDIGENOUS OIL COMPANY THAT CAN PRODUCE OIL? WHO OWN LONSTAR DRILLING COMPANY? TAKE AWAY THE FOREIGN OIL COMPANIES AND SEE WHETHER WE CANNOT PRODUCE OIL. MOST OF THE DIESEL YOU PEOPLE ARE BUYING ARE BEING REFINED LOCALLY IN THE RIVER BY OUR PEOPLE. IS THAT NOT TECHNOLOGY? MENTION THE INVENTION MADE BY BOKO HARAM. ALL WE ARE SAYING IS THAT WE WANT TO USE OUR OIL MONEY FOR INDUSTRIALIZATION OF OUR AREA, WE WANT OUR REGION TO BE THE JAPAN OF AFRICA, WE WANT TO PRODUCE AIR CRAFT HERE. WE KNOW THAT THE CRUDE WILL BE EXHAUSTED ONE DAY AND WE WANT TO CREATE AN ECONOMY THAT IS LESS DEPENDENT ON CRUDE OIL SO THAT WE CAN HAVE SOME THING TO FALL BACK ON WHEN THE OIL IS EXHAUSTED. THAT IS WHY OUR GOVERNOR ALWAYS USE THE SLOGAN 'DELTA WITHOUT OIL' 'GREEN DELTA', ETC. WE ARE ALREADY PROVIDING FOOD FOR OURSELVES. SO MANY YOUTHS HAVE BEEN SENT TO ISRAEL TO LEARN MOTHERN AGRICULTURE. IF THE OWNERS OF THE OIL CAN BE MAKING PLANS TO LIVE WITHOUT OIL THEN WHY ARE THE NORTHERNERS RELYING SOLELY ON OUR OIL PERPETUALLY. THEY SHOULD THINK OF OTHER MEANS OF REVENUE BECAUSE THESE OUR OIL NA NO GO AREA.
[/b]
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by Sagamite(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2011
^^^ I don't read stories typed in capital letters.

Rewrite in good sentence format and then I will read.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by Evergreenc: 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2011
Hello all, I feel lyk sharing this. Visit www. evenme .webs. com to get free browsing cheats on phones & pc for free! Do check it out
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by honeric01(m): 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
Who says the northerners are lazy? the laziest part of Nigeria still remains the SS.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2011
cescky:

majority of the crude oil in nigeria
dont bother answering the slowpoke
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by ektbear: 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2011
Sagamite:

You have to start differentiating between better off [/i]and [i]better.
I know the distinction, and even made it in the previous post ("at least if we mean just from a money POV"wink.

But I think in this context, it is understood that we are talking about money, production, economic activity, etc. . . not more abstract measures like happiness, quality of life, etc.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by emmke(m): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2011
am from the middle belt (north central if u like) and i dont give 2 4ks about ur oil. wink
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by ak47mann(m): 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2011
emmke:

am from the middle belt (north central if u like) and i dont give 2 4ks about your oil. wink
tell your zone to stop collecting hand out from federal govt every month that money na oil money be that tongue
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by stunna2(m): 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
Nigeria will not survive the way it currently is now, so those fighting change are bent on destroying the country,
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2011
The senator or whatever he is knows that if he can mobilize the north to go against the bill, there will be an uprising and in the process, the bill won't pass.

The senators reason may be one to make himself popular so he can contest for political offices or he has been bribed to say this to stair the pot of fire so the bill won't pass,

The truth is the hatred towards the north right now is too much and their only redemption in Nigeria is true federalism or a break up from the union

North will and has been hindering the progress of other zones indirectly yet the country has so much ignored this,

True federalism is the only way to have each zone grow at their own pace, no more hand outs,

The northern states will have the options of buying crude from oil producing states or buy from foreign market, whichever deal is better for them,
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by emmke(m): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2011
ak47mann:

tell your zone to stop collecting hand out from federal govt every month that money na oil money be that tongue
if u are not from SS, it's not ur oil either. So what are u talking about? undecided
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by aljharem3: 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2011
emmke:

if u are not from SS, it's not your oil either. So what are u talking about? undecided

thank u wink
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by hackney(m): 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2011
Majority of food stuff are grown in the north ( i presume).

Denying the north the proceeds of crude oil will be an act against humanity. (same country)
I believe the S.S deserves much more of the proceeds but one needs to show fairness to
the north because if nothing else,they have some humans amongst them and they need to run their society too.
Re: North’ll Kill Petroleum Industrial Bill-ex-minority Leader by GuruD: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
Please let the hon. member shed as much blood as he can as long as it is his own blood and not someone else's blood. For a copy of the PIB go to http://www.nnpcgroup.com/Portals/0/pdf/PIBDrapftBill2008.pdf. There is nothing that suggest what the hon. member is saying is true or possible.
It is very sad that an individual especially an elected official makes inciteful and untrue statements and no one in the government thought to set the record straight and persecute the individual for inciting public violence. More over I have noticed that certain Northern Leaders think Nigeria is a welfare state; spending and not producing. Do you know that the north shares from the Federal tax collected on Alcohol at the same time they ban the sale of alcohol? Hypocrites!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dollar Recovery Crashes Oil Price To $64.89 Per Barrel / Meet Ramesh, The Billionaire Barber Who Drives Rolls Royce / Seplat To Deliver 13 New Oil & Gas Wells In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.