Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,399 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) (44441 Views)

Ogun Student Arrested For Allegedly Poisoning Girlfriend, FUNAAB Clears Student / Police Detained Me For Buying Pregnancy Test Kit & Contraceptives - MAPOLY Girl / FUTO Student Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Fellow Student Over Toothpaste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Section 307 criminal code

Relevant laws

As already stated, in all parts of Nigeria, abortion is a criminal offense except where it is performed to save the life of the mother. In the South,
the relevant provisions are sections 228, 229, 230, 297, and 328 of the Criminal Code.In the North, the relevant provisions are sections 232,
233, 234, 235 and 236 of the Penal Code. For the states that have adopted the Sharia Legal System, abortion is also criminalized by the
Sharia Penal Code Law. In Bauchi State, for example, the relevant provisions of the Sharia Penal Code Law are sections 208, 209, 210, 211,
and 212.21

Sauce:
Okorie, P. Chibueze and Abayomi, Olubusola Adebayo (2019) "Abortion Laws in Nigeria: A Case for
Reform," Annual Survey of International & Comparative Law: Vol. 23 : Iss. 1 , Article 7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by Odosgidigba(m): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
[quote author=aljpimp post=109983460]
Posits or is not meant for abortion.. and moreover preventing pregnancy is different from terminating it . NPF are total bunch of illiterates misinterpreting the Nigerian constitution [/quot

I think you mistaking postinor for misoprostol.
Postinor is a contraceptive( for preventing pregnancy) while misoprostol is a synthetic prostaglandin for ulcer and abortions.

3 Likes

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by MufasaLion: 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Fixed

Well, however you want it.
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by SOFTENGR: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
Naija Policemen are only after irrelevant issues. They no longer tackle crime. Imagine arresting someone for buying contraceptives! No be ment be that?

2 Likes

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by aljpimp(m): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
[quote author=Odosgidigba post=109983675][/quote]
But what she bought was postinor .. an emergency contraceptive
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by EmmaLege: 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by UnabashedIPOB: 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
This is the ZOOLOGOCIAL REPUBLIC of ANIMAL KINGDOM called LIEGERIA! What a useless and hopeless country. A citizen arrested for having sex?
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by Ray7878: 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
mike404:
WHAT IS SHE DOING WITH CONTRACEPTIVE IF I MAY ASK

Wow!!! Am actually shocked that someone would ask a question like this �. Well in the adult world when people have unprotected sex, to prevent unwanted pregnancies they take a pill called “Morning after pill”. This is the reason you are in this world right now, mummy and daddy had unprotected sex and it result to you. Hope this little sex education helps, I think they probably need to school you a bit in that department.

2 Likes

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by FBIBOT(m): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2022
Of all the insecurity happening in ogún state... Na personal medication and sex life That is getting the police attention?.. It's like our police is now working with the sharia constitution cos I no understand

3 Likes

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by alizma: 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
They better established her existence and being in police custody before these people do unimaginable thing
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by funshint(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2022
Wish I was a lawyer.... I'd hv liked to take up cases like this just to use police catch cruise. What nonsense is this?
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by ceeceeuwa: 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2022
nonxo007:
I saw this post somewhere and I took my time to read the comments, one of those who commented stated that it is illegal by our law for a lady to commit abortion. The crime of abortion by our law is punishable by law and attract 6years imprisonment.
The pills she bought i believe are abortion pill, that means she was in the process of committing a crime punishable by our laws.
Sha I don't have details of what transpired, I'm just thinking aloud.
Quite funny though
Really! Is post pill not a contraceptive? When did it become an abortion pill?

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by 24brains(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2022
Comon sense is not actually common. postpills and pregnancy test tubes in the hands of a student in high dosage are exhibit 1&2. i fear she was on a mission to abortion

testing pregnant fellow school runs girls and administering the pills to them in high dose to cause abortion.
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by Elidrisy20: 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2022
This your sister, what's her profession?
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by Cognitivereason: 6:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
mike404:
you are not normal

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by olusipimp(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2022
mike404:
EVEN THE TRADITIONAL WORSHIPPERS ARE AGAINST SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE, SO WOULD YOU LIKE TO TELL ME WHY A SINGLE FEMALE STUDENT SHOULD BE SEXUALLY ACTIVE WHEN WE ARE NOT IN THE WESTERN WORLD

BIBLE, QURAN AND AFRICAN TRADITIONAL RELIGION (ATR) FORBIDS SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE
Are u joking or serious...

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by pickatyouu: 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2022
Vickyvice:
Them send this one to school na fvk she go dey do. Meanwhile, her hoe friend no still get shame, publicising it. Give police 2 k and commot there. They will not charge you to court, even if na postinoor 2 , except there something we don't know. State only recongnizes man and woman relationship as hubby and wife. Boyfriend and girlfriend not recognized
Person wey buhari finally get sense pass
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by pickatyouu: 6:11pm On Feb 05, 2022
nonxo007:
I saw this post somewhere and I took my time to read the comments, one of those who commented stated that it is illegal by our law for a lady to commit abortion. The crime of abortion by our law is punishable by law and attract 6years imprisonment.
The pills she bought i believe are abortion pill, that means she was in the process of committing a crime punishable by our laws.
Quite funny though

Who gave this ignoramus a smart phone. Na people like u make buhari dey believe him dey do well.

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by cococandy(f): 6:11pm On Feb 05, 2022
Are they fvcking crazy?!!

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by WilsonBright935: 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2022
nonxo007:
Quite funny though

Oga lawyer, there's a difference between contraceptive and abortion pills. Contraceptive pills are used to PREVENT pregnancy but abortion pills are used to GET RID of pregnancy
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by 24brains(m): 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2022
Cognitivereason:
you are not normal
he is normal. That thing call postpill is what most girls use to commit abortions.
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by Dapson73(m): 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2022
KenghisKhan:
They need to sieve out those illiterate in the system, very soon they'll start arresting people for being too handsome or beautiful.

Sars during their time do arrest when they see you frosh/fresh or even too neat.
I was stopped by them like 3times in Abeokuta and 1ce at Ibadan.
Thank God for the end Sars that year.
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by miko1988(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2022
Most of u commenting never bothered to know what type of contraceptive drugs dat was found with her , in nigeria criminal law, abortion is an offence punishable by law �, intend to commit abortion is also a punishable offence,,, from all indications she must have either taking abortion pills �or about to do so ,,, no police officer can arrest any lady with posnor 2 , before they could arrest the pharmacist just know that d contraceptive drugs with her must be for the purpose of abortion which is an offence punishable by law
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by nuland(m): 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2022
Vickyvice:
Them send this one to school na fvk she go dey do. Meanwhile, her hoe friend no still get shame, publicising it. Give police 2 k and commot there. They will not charge you to court, even if na postinoor 2 , except there something we don't know. State only recongnizes man and woman relationship as hubby and wife. Boyfriend and girlfriend not recognized

Is Postinor a POM(Proscription only Medicine)?
If No then it's a foolish act on the part of the Police officers.
Boyfriend/Girlfriend relationship isn't outlawed. If she had attempted procuring an Abortion without the necessary Authorization(Most cases in Medical grounds) then she could be arrested but in this case she's done nothing wrong.
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by nuland(m): 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
nuland:

Is Postinor a POM(Proscription only Medicine)?
If No then it's a foolish act on the part of the Police officers.
Boyfriend/Girlfriend relationship isn't outlawed. If she had attempted procuring an Abortion without the necessary Authorization(Most cases on Medical grounds) then she could be arrested but in this case she's done nothing wrong.
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by CampussNews: 6:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
CampussNews:
The Ogun state police have been accused of arresting a female student of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) identified as Olanipekun Oladayo Irenimofe for buying contraceptive and pregnancy test tubes, Siggy reports.

The sister of the arrested student who shared the story on her Twitter said the pharmacist who attended to the student was also arrested.

She pleaded for help on twitter who however can help them resolve the issue as she'd love her sister released from the police station as soon as possible.

Olukoya Oluwatosin Tweets:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sisi_Olole/status/1489542580102647810

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sisi_Olole/status/1489861743169966081

Lalasticlala Seun and co., so you removed my source link but left the article. Then you added twitter embeds. Was it the twitter user that wrote the narration? Very funny.

Hypocrisy smells here... If you so wish to remove my source link, please delete my article and form up yours.

1 Like

Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by tolaswim: 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
Nigeria police which way na...E don reach this level ni..I just tire for my countri ehhh
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by SmileDance(f): 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
nonxo007:
Quite funny though
the police can't differentiate between contraceptives and abortion pill. I'm almost sure some of these police men don't know what contraceptives are
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by mrdipye(m): 6:52pm On Feb 05, 2022
I don't understand
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by Techguy96(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2022
mike404:
She wants to use it to cure your madness
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by Techguy96(m): 6:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
nonxo007:
Quite funny though
No police will arrest you for abortion pills while leaving the sellers to go free. Secondly it was contraceptive pills abi you don't know what a contraceptive pill is?
Re: MAPOLY Student Arrested For Buying Contraceptives (Photo) by Techguy96(m): 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2022
Vickyvice:
Who is this fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Abia Uchenna Alexandro And Eboh Kenneth Chinedu Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / Hot Cake Courses Every Student Wants To Study In Nigeria Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.