Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:40 AM

2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? (699 Views)

APC Would’ve Lost To Atiku If Osinbajo Got APC Ticket – Igbokwe Counters Sanusi / Umahi's Sack: President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Umahi (Photos) / Chika Nwoba Resigns As Ebonyi APC Spokesman, Says I Can’t Work With Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 05, 2022
Just thinking out loud.

We already know Osinbajo got the necessary educational qualifications and large political portfolio based on achievements and self acquired skills, also he is currently the Vice President and a manageable age range, he is undoubtedly the most suitable candidate APC could present.

Also, looking at Umahi, he has done great wonders, we know him by his physical abilities and willingness for transformation, he is rather known as “ekwueme” talk & do! when it comes to good governance, but for the fact that he just joined APC may be a slight hindrance to getting the APC ticket.

In order for APC to keep hold on the center position of the country due to the complicated pattern of leadership of mr Buhari, I think Osinbajo as President and Umahi as Vice President is the only way APC could retain power at the presidency, owing to their younger age factors, acquired skills and physical work done so far, this would also bring south west and south east together and at the same time bringing the central power to the south, after which Umahi may contest the presidency after Osinbajo’s regime.

What’s your opinion about this? Let’s discuss

PS: let’s discuss as youths that really want to move this nation forward so we could all be proud of Nigeria again!

Lalasticlala
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:55am On Feb 05, 2022
NEVER.

It'll be badluck for Oshinbajo.

Those People are not sellable ANYWHERE.

They're bad luck/bad market

1 Like

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 05, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
NEVER.

It'll be badluck for Oshinbajo.

Those People are not sellable ANYWHERE.

They're bad luck/bad market

Hmm, so who do you think should be paired with Osinbajo to bring about physical developments to Nigeria, not paper developments? And should the south east clamor for 2023 presidency totally be ignored ? Don’t you think APC has messed up so much for any Nigeria to believe in them? such that they can only present sellable candidates based on tangible work done and younger age factor ?
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Codepain: 8:02am On Feb 05, 2022
No concern about Christian Christian ticket?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by LordIsaac(m): 8:02am On Feb 05, 2022
Two "Christians" and two Southerners? Hmmm....North will throw them into the thrash can. Britain designed Nigeria in such a way that no two Southerners can make progress without carrying the North along whether the North is backward or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Hezzyluv: 8:07am On Feb 05, 2022
Codepain:
No concern about Christian Christian ticket?

Religion don do us strong thing for this country.
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by helinues: 8:07am On Feb 05, 2022
Baby Political analyst grin cheesy

Two Southerners...
Christian/Christian ticket

3 Likes

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 05, 2022
LordIsaac:
Two "Christians" and two Southerners? Hmmm....North will throw them into the thrash can. Britain designed Nigeria in such a way that no two Southerners can make progress without carrying the North along whether the North is backward or not.

Hmm, nice point though, but can Nigeria really move forward with all these sentiments, I don’t think Nigerians would want to support anything northern owing to what mr Buhari has done to almost all the sectors, and what if we look at this in the perspective of qualifications and power balancing at the same time, remember, a northerner that GEJ was vice.P to a northerner, and a northerner was vice to GEJ, a northerner took over from GEJ, now another northerner should still feature in the next election?
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:10am On Feb 05, 2022
What I'm responding to is that of SE.

Yes, their presidency will be disastrous
Donbabafx1:

Hmm, so who do you think should be paired with Osinbajo to bring about physical developments to Nigeria, not paper developments? And should the south east clamor for 2023 presidency totally be ignored ? Don’t you think APC has messed up so much for any Nigeria to believe in them? such that they can only present sellable candidates based on tangible work done and younger age factor ?

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Charleys: 8:12am On Feb 05, 2022
They voted for you in 1991 and MKO Abiola won, they voted for you in 1999 (where there were 2 Yoruba candidates) and and OBJ won.
And now is the time to support them you all are telling stories.
2023 will b the deciding year for Nigeria.

A storm is blowing from the East, This is the silence before the storm. Enjoy it while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:12am On Feb 05, 2022
Well, u need to understand Politics first.

This your Permutation is poor politically.

What we have is North and South
Donbabafx1:

Hmm, nice point though, but can Nigeria really move forward with all these sentiments, I don’t think Nigerians would want to support anything northern owing to what mr Buhari has done to almost all the sectors, and what if we look at this in the perspective of qualifications and power balancing at the same time, remember, a northerner was vice to GEJ, a northerner took over from GEJ, now another northerner should still feature in the next election?
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by LordIsaac(m): 8:15am On Feb 05, 2022
Donbabafx1:

Hmm, nice point though, but can Nigeria really move forward with all these sentiments, I don’t think Nigerians would want to support anything northern owing to what mr Buhari has done to almost all the sectors, and what if we look at this in the perspective of qualifications and power balancing at the same time, remember, a northerner was vice to GEJ, a northerner took over from GEJ, now another northerner should still feature in the next election?
It is not about Nigerians here. It has never been about "Nigerians". It is about the INEC chairman coming from the North; the IGP is from the North; the Chief of Army Staff, North; Chief Justice, North; Attorney General, North; Senate President, North....So you see, they have real power....thus, they will dictate the tune and the rest of us can only complain with our keyboards if we want to stay alive and be among those who will hope for a better future. Irrespective of what anyone tells you, trust me, only God, through time, can save Nigeria. We may be looking at the next 300years when a new generation will have emerged!

1 Like

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2022
I do not belong to any political party and I do not have a solid candidate yet, but I am among those last minutes voters who would vote based on what they have seen for far.

Personally, I think Osinbajo’s major achievement in this administration was the war against SARS, I believe he lead that war in a continuous battles and that for me, is enough but more needs to be done anyways.

Osinbajo is not my candidate but for now, I think he is the best APC can present because I believe he would side the masses more than the forces against human rights and abuses by Nigerian Forces. Human rights alone, speeds up civilization and that is what the youths need.
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 05, 2022
LordIsaac:

It is not about Nigerians here. It has never been about "Nigerians". It is about the INEC chairman coming from the North; the IGP is from the North; the Chief of Army Staff, North; Chief Justice, North; Attorney General, North; Senate President, North....So you see, they have real power....thus, they will dictate the tune and the rest of us can only complain with our keyboards if we want to stay alive and be among those who will hope for a better future. Irrespective of what anyone tells you, trust me, only God, through time, can save Nigeria. We may be looking at the next 300years when a new generation will have emerged!

Then, this is rather unfortunate, that means the issue of Nigeria is not what one would take to the mountain.
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by LordIsaac(m): 8:44am On Feb 05, 2022
Donbabafx1:

Then, this is rather unfortunate, that means the issue of Nigeria is not what one would take to the mountain.
Exactly. See the number of people that died in the Endsars protests.....they are gone and in reality, the status quo remains. People have actually tried to change this nation, but they are no more and their efforts are only confined in history books. In my opinion, it is suicide to try to force a change that would come naturally when the wicked generation phases off. So, be patient and face your business....things will fall into place at the right time. Do not just let one charismatic fellow stir up a dissatisfaction in you that will result in your end. Right from my university days, I see the futility in fighting the powers that be from a place of weakness. Call it cowardice, but as Chinua Achebe would say, "...we often stand in the compound of the coward to point at the ruins which used to be a brave man's house". As powerful as Nnamdi Kanu is, he is caged somewhere as we speak while the weak "us" are going about our normal duties.

1 Like

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 05, 2022
LordIsaac:

Exactly. See the number of people that died in the Endsars protests.....they are gone and in reality, the status quo remains. People have actually tried to change this nation, but they are no more and their efforts are only confined in history books. In my opinion, it is suicide to try to force a change that would come naturally when the wicked generation phases off. So, be patient and face your business....things will fall into place at the right time. Do not just let one charismatic fellow stir up a dissatisfaction in you that will result in your end. Right from my university days, I see the futility in fighting the powers that be from a place of weakness. Call it cowardice, but as Chinua Achebe would say, "...we often stand in the compound of the coward to point at the ruins which used to be a brave man's house". As powerful as Nnamdi Kanu is, he is caged somewhere as we speak while the weak "us" are going about our normal duties.

Deep!

1 Like

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by TheRareGem1(f): 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin. There won't be anything like south south or same religion candidates.
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Tingotoe: 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
Donbabafx1:
Just thinking out loud.

We already know Osinbajo got the necessary educational qualifications and large political portfolio based on achievements and self acquired skills, also he is currently the Vice President and a manageable age range, he is undoubtedly the most suitable candidate APC could present.

Also, looking at Umahi, he has done great wonders, we know him by his physical abilities and willingness for transformation, he is rather known as “ekwueme” talk & do! when it comes to good governance, but for the fact that he just joined APC may be a slight hindrance to getting the APC ticket.

In order for APC to keep hold on the center position of the country due to the complicated pattern of leadership of mr Buhari, I think Osinbajo as President and Umahi as Vice President is the only way APC could retain power at the presidency, owing to their younger age factors, acquired skills and physical work done so far, this would also bring south west and south east together and at the same time bringing the central power to the south, after which Umahi may contest the presidency after Osinbajo’s regime.

What’s your opinion about this? Let’s discuss

PS: let’s discuss as youths that really want to move this nation forward so we could all be proud of Nigeria again!

Lalasticlala
What's wrong with you? How can a grown up man be so politically naive as this?

1 Like

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Tunasco4u(m): 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2022
Tingotoe:
What's wrong with you? How can a grown up man be so politically naive as this?

Okay, that’s your own opinion, next.
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2022
Charleys:
They voted for you in 1991 and MKO Abiola won, they voted for you in 1999 (where there were 2 Yoruba candidates) and and OBJ won.
And now is the time to support them you all are telling stories.
2023 will b the deciding year for Nigeria.

A storm is blowing from the East, This is the silence before the storm. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The storm is currently caged in kuje eating watery beans.

1 Like

Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Tingotoe: 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Donbabafx1:

Okay, that’s your own opinion, next.
Even a toddler in this country knows how dumb your permutations are. Two Christan southerners on the same ticket? Lol!
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Shooyie: 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
Is it possible? A Muslim representative has to be there.
Re: 2023: What If Osinbajo Pair With Umahi? by Charleys: 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
WesternOligarch:

The storm is currently caged in kuje eating watery beans.

The biggest mistake anyone can make is to believe that igbos listen to one man and That one man controls them.

I will save this message and remind you in 2023.

(1) (Reply)

Are There Any Plans To Tackle Tribalistic Comments On This Forum? / Soludo’s Govt Begins Special Clean-up In Four Anambra Councils / How I Confronted Unknown Gunmen/esn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.