Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,040 members, 7,810,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities (40185 Views)

27-year-old Lady Leaves Nigerians Worried With A Disturbing Message On Facebook / My Journey Into The Underworld (blood Money) / Man Released By Ritualists After 2 Years In Ibadan Because He Wasn't Useful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Loveurneighbour: 7:34am On Feb 06, 2022
The get-rich-quick syndrome among youths, through the new trend of money rituals in Nigeria, has become a major concern in the society today.

DAILY POST observation shows that the new trend is rampant among the male gender, especially young boys aged 15 and above.

Recently three teenagers confessed to the killing and burning of a young girl’s head for money ritual.

The lady identified as Rofiat was strangled by her boyfriend with the aid of three friends at Oke Aregba area of Abeokuta in Ogun State last weekend.

Not long ago, a mother also confessed to the killing of her child for a money ritual.

DAILY POST interacted with some Nigerians who first blamed the dwindling value system in the country for the increasing rate of blood rituals.

Some others also believe that the lack of job opportunities for the teaming youths, the display of wealth and lavish lifestyle on social media by celebrities, have chased the young ones into these heinous activities.

Some Nigerians also blamed parents for failing in their responsibilities to bring up their children and wards uprightly. According to them, some parents receive money from children who have no source of income and fail to question them.

Churches, mosques, and religious leaders also share the blame for receiving monies, tithes, and donations from individuals they do not know their source of wealth, thereby encouraging such acts.

However, many blamed the ‘corrupt’ government for failing to provide good leadership and governance. This is why youths resort to internet fraud ‘Yahoo’ and ritual killings to get rich quickly.

Pastor Joseph Ebule of the Holy Ghost Power Ministries, who spoke to one of our reporters on this matter said, “With the way things are happening in this country, I will advise Nigerians to be prayerful.

“These are signs of end time. I honestly blame the parents of those kids for not giving them adequate teachings from the Holy Book. Even the Bible says, ‘train up a child in the way he should go and he will not depart from it’, that same Bible also advised against bad counsels.

“If the parents had done their jobs correctly, those children would not have thought of such regardless of the hardship in this country. Do you know some parents support their children’s illegal means of making money?”

DAILY POST also spoke with some Nigerians on the streets of Abuja.

A trader, who simply identified herself as Mama Boma, wondered why the government is not fishing out ‘herbalists’ directing the youths to bring body parts to make money.

“Why is it that when people doing rituals are arrested, there is no follow up to also arrest the ‘herbalists’ or ‘babalawo’ who prepared the potions and charms for them or do they take portions to forget who the ‘herbalists’ are once they’re caught?”

For Lizzy Oku, “There are a lot of factors to be blamed for this development in our society. First, let us look at the entertainment industry and the songs they release for youths to listen to. These songs glorify making money illegally and mock ‘humble earnings.’

“Back in the days, we listened and danced to Yahooze by Olu Maintain when he was singing about fraud. Songs like ‘Cash app’, and many others clearly alluded to fraud.

“Let’s not forget Nollywood, instead of releasing movies that do not support money rituals, some producers outline fictional details of how to make money quickly through rituals and you expect the youth not to take note?

“My only advice to Nigerian youths is to be prayerful and be careful of the kind of friends they keep. Treat everyone like a suspect and don’t feel bad about it. If the government will not do something about this, every Nigerian should promote humble earning.”

Also speaking with our reporter, an Abuja-based lawyer, Barr Abiola Kolawole pointed out that the trend of ritual killing in Nigeria was as a result of negligence from the family, the society and the government.

“Let’s take the aforementioned institutions one after the other,” he said, explaining that “The family is the foundation of every human being, which automatically makes it the first institution the child is exposed to; the fact is a child is the product of his parent, consequently a child will learn from the parents.

“If You don’t program your mind, society will program your mind for you.

“The society plays a vital role in the lives of people, the society unconsciously controls its members, that is why big brands pay a lot of money to influencers in certain areas to influence the members of that society.

“In this instance, the society has gone beyond the immediate community, social media is now part of the society. The society is the biggest culprit in relation to this man-made disaster of ritual killings.

“The pressure from the society has caused this. I give you a case we all know, Kim Kardashian influenced women of this generation into appreciating or exaggerating the idea of having big buttocks.

“Nollywood first introduced the idea of money rituals to Nigerians with movies such as: ‘Blood Money, Living In Bondage, Billionaires Club’ and others. But the same Nollywood also made everyone understand the consequences of making money through those heinous ways.

“The lackadaisical prosecution of these ritualists and fraudsters has encouraged the new generation to join in.

“To make matters worse, some of these ritualists work hand-in-hand with some persons in the government, helping them launder money which makes it impossible for some of the fraudsters to be prosecuted,” he lamented.

Meanwhile, the Traditional Religion Worshippers Association has kicked against the use of human lives for riches.

Calling on the Federal Government to clamp down on the people that claim to have the power to enrich others to become wealthy through the use of human parts for rituals, the group explained that no Yoruba deity was recorded to have used human beings or parts of their bodies for wealth.

In a statement via its Oyo State chapter, the body stressed that the progenitors of Ifa oracle never claimed to have used human parts to seek prosperity.

The body further explained that Ifa adherents would rather call on ‘Eledumare’ to bless whoever that sought wealth through them and whenever appeasements were to be done, simple items like sugarcane, salt, banana among others were used.
https://dailypost.ng/2022/02/06/blood-money-nigerians-worried-as-ritualists-take-over-major-cities/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by illicit(m): 7:56am On Feb 06, 2022
Too bad

4 Likes

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by caesymore(m): 8:14am On Feb 06, 2022
Mhen...

E no get as e won be wey e never be before, Money Juju must have been as old as prostitution that's if its not older than Olosho sef,

It has come to stay and it ain't going anywhere, all we can do is curb this menace eating up our society.
How do we do that?
1. Families as in parents have a role to play in their wards upbringing.
2. Government has a greater one to play in making sure that this Children raised well are not tempted to indulge in illegal means of money making by providing job security and all the needed amenities these families has paid for through tax.

But the reverse is the case , you can argue with your phone when you don't want to accept that our Government is the major problem of our bleeped up society as the greatest ritualist and yahoo boys are our politicians.

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Dailymice: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022
Alhamdulillah!!! Blood money is done by a native doctor who is not among the most richest in the top 5 million people on earth.. lol!!!!

Blood money is quick sorrows... Accept Jesus today! Reject Tinubu tomorrow....

207 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022
It's the domino effect of poor leadership... Nigeria is lucky to have Religion and "it is well" still holding it. Any country with such indices below would have gone full blown war and anarchy.

- 200m population..
- 10m out of school children..
- 100m below poverty line..
- 30,000 minimum wage with inflation at 17%..
- 34m unemployed able population..
- 4m Internally displaced persons..
- World poverty capital..

Solutions:

- Massive Low cost housings.. (rental inflation clipped which saves the bulk of salaries)

- Refineries (privatised).. (Petrol monopoly clipped)

- Mortgage and credit system facilities on properties and items.. (self actualization even with low income, yahoo/fraud/ritual influence on people would be extinct)

- Strict labour laws (mandatory 6hrs jobs only)..(massive employment as12hrs jobs like we have now must be shared between two persons)..

- All vacant lands can be used for agriculture if not developed after 2months of sale or face revocation.. (massive agricultural revolution as owner would turn farmers by force while creating employment)..

255 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by youngreezy(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022
Politicians na dem do ritual and all sorts of nonsense pass but as usual dem go portray the youths as devils and with media backings,them they achieve their goals well...the average poor man always taking the blame and always prosecuted for bad things happening in this country...see all of them quick to blame and dish out advice to the youths but when our leaders the real satans commit, this same cowards no go fit utter any word....what the youths did is bad and they all deserve death but make we dey tell our sef the truth,all these things for reduce or even stop totally If our government was a good one

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Dailymice: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by NwaNimo1(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by motionarena: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022
Imagine in this 21st century when other countries are talking about technological advancement. What is now raining here in rituals.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by rocknation62(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022
This generation of ours cry

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Yommychrz(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022
The shit is getting out of hand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Arisenews2: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2022
So pathetic
Meanwhile, See real reason why 17 years old Soliu and his friends Killed his 20 years old girlfriend for money Rituals. See how Facebook deceived them into the act. This is a must Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmdHcWmCPYE

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by nnadychuks(m): 10:31am On Feb 06, 2022
There’s a video I watched, a guy was straffing a dead body, with maggots coming out. It left me devastated.
The problem of these rituals is that it doesn’t even get them the latest 2022 Benz, it’s always one Mercedes of 5-8 mil max and one house not more than 10mil.
It’s not worth it abeg, if ritual can only get u iPhone 13 and GLK, I’m sorry it’s not really worth it.
I also blame Buhari, he claimed he’ll fight corruption, but doesn’t know the best way to fight it is by providing massive job opportunities.

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Brendaniel: 10:31am On Feb 06, 2022
I blame Buhari for the rise...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Beiii: 10:31am On Feb 06, 2022
Any ritual that involves using human blood or body part to make you wealthy is fake, the quicker people realize this the better for the whole society. Money is not spiritual so can someone explain how will the money gets to ritualist from the so called sacrifice.
Funny thing is Na only hear say people want make we believe and that’s the problem.
Imagine grown up adult in 2022 still thinking killing someone will make you money, the little ones listening to the arguments will feel it valid all because the so called adult believe it.
You’ll see a 2 hour movie where a ritualist will enjoy the whole movie and at the end the person runs mad or suffers for 5 minutes, what message is the movie passing then.

The social media is another perspective that aids that backward thinking because it’s full of fake life and fake information from people who don’t even know themselves but will believe hear say. The killing innocent people as a result of stupidity has to stop abeg
Ritualist are ritualist
Yahoo boys are scammers
Government is against better life polices
But no justifying harmful actions

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 06, 2022
I don't want to argue whether money ritual exists or not but the Bible clearly stated that Satan own this world (Satan even offered Jesus kingdom of this world). But I doubt if these ritualists actually has connection to the devil.

that been said, people that made genuine money have this special void in them that most of then take to doing manual jobs in the church just to get close to God, I can only imagine the void and emptiness these Yahoo boys feel and I really pity them as they try to party harder to fill that void.

Truly, vanity upon vanity equals vanity.

I was really eyeing 2014 lexus es and was saving everything I have to buy it, I was in church when one brother came to give testimony (with pictures) about how he survived motor accident with his new 2019 lexus rx. the car spoilt beyond repair. I thought to myself, so I can give up all these just to buy an expensive car only to come and thank God that the car spoilt beyond repair and I came out alive shocked shocked shocked shocked

It is not worth taking another's happiness and worst still, life just because of money

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Boogyman557: 10:31am On Feb 06, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN

2 Likes

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by luminouz(m): 10:31am On Feb 06, 2022
This shiit is annoying
Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by tonididdy(m): 10:31am On Feb 06, 2022
ritualism is fake.... But the gullible ones are blinded by music and movies celebrating it, I still can't get that song off my head when olamide was singing and glorifying blood money. I knew this would spiral out for control and here we are.

... Meanwhile RIP little Rayan,

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Dikaveli(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2022
Na the other gender wants it

They wanna reap where they didn't sow therefore making the desperate fools venture into ritual

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Jubrilv(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2022
Don't even know what to say
Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by lenghtinny(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2022
angry
Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by royalamour(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2022
It is quite sad and appalling.
Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by EnemyofGod22(m): 10:34am On Feb 06, 2022
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Money ritual doesn't work, there's nothing like money ritual.

I will continue preaching to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open,

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, SATAN and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approved evidence of their existence,

Heaven and hellfire doesn't exist, no evidence.

Know this and have peace of mind.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by BarrElChapo(m): 10:34am On Feb 06, 2022
angry
Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by valdes00(m): 10:34am On Feb 06, 2022
Some people are so uncultured
They borrow you gas, you dey use am cook ewa alagbado�

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Lokojatoofar: 10:35am On Feb 06, 2022
Waiting for when women will join the game as much as men are into it. Then all of us in Nigeria will rest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Bollinga: 10:35am On Feb 06, 2022
Very worrisome

Before they cover it up by calling it yahoo plus

Now they are very bold . No fear of consequences, they boldly post on social media about their ritual activities

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by Lastmankc(m): 10:35am On Feb 06, 2022
caesymore:
Mhen...

E no get as e won be wey e never be before, Money Juju must have been as old as prostitution that's if its not older than Olosho sef,

It has come to stay and it ain't going anywhere, all we can do is curb this menace eating up our society.
How do we do that?
1. Families as in parents have a role to play in their wards upbringing.
2. Government has a greater one to play in making sure that this Children raised well are not tempted to indulge in illegal means of money making by providing job security and all the needed amenities these families has paid for through tax.

But the reverse is the case , you can argue with your phone when you don't want to accept that our Government is the major problem of our bleeped up society as the greatest ritualist and yahoo boys are our politicians.

Commot that second point joor, politicians, government functionaries encourage ritual of all kinds.Do you know how many people these guys sacrifice for their political ambitions?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by WibusJaga: 10:35am On Feb 06, 2022
angry
The only practical way to stop this nonsense is to apply tough penalties to offenders.
If dem catch you, you are publicly beheaded & burnt to ashes & used for manure.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blood Money: Nigerians Worried As Ritualists Take Over Major Cities by scarra: 10:35am On Feb 06, 2022
It's not going to stop anytime soon so waka jeje inside life.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of The Woman Stabbed To Death By Her 17-Year-Old Neighbour In Kano / Cultists Who Killed 100L Student Over New iPhone, Arrested In Bayelsa. Photos / Nigeria Police Declares Woman, Man Wanted For Stealing Over N100million (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.