Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service (5072 Views)

Pastor Isaac Idahosa Dancing Zanku Legwork During Sunday Service / Johnson Suleiman Gives N6.5M To Unemployed Members During Sunday Service / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Sasi54: 8:06am On Feb 06, 2022
Do you have anything in mind when going for church service that you wish the Lord God to do for you. Mine is that the lord God should bless my hands with favour.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by EnemyofGod22(m): 8:14am On Feb 06, 2022
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I dedicate this my FTC to all my Atheist friend's.this is my first time of achieving This, lalasticlala mynd44 should I send my account details now or later ? Because I heard unna the send money to first to comment for nairaland.

I will continue preaching to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open,

Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approved evidence of their existence.

Heaven and hellfire doesn't exist, no evidence.

Know this and have peace of mind.
Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:28am On Feb 06, 2022
I do not go to church most Sundays with an expectation of what God should do for me.

I go because there's always so much joy in His presence...

Because I want to know Him more...to be reminded of the scriptures... to better know His ways.

I go to to hear the Word of God that will strengthen my faith.

To join fellow believers in praising and worshipping Him.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by everythinggirly(f): 8:31am On Feb 06, 2022
I go just to thank Him for what he has done.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by ask4bk(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2022
To meet Christ in His Word and in the Eucharist at Holy mass.

I don't go to church for priests, get friends or girlfriends, to show off, to get opportunity, etc

I just want to meet Christ and let Him into me. DASSOR

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by bancoleh: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2022
Back seat as usual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by headSmasher: 10:07am On Feb 06, 2022

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by emmabest2000(m): 10:07am On Feb 06, 2022
bancoleh:
Back seat as usual

Church goers grin

Meanwhile... God is my only hope

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 06, 2022
Access to big booty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by brian91(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2022
smiley
Perhaps to pray for God's mercy, grace above all a renewal of my personal relationship with him smiley

Furthermore, all of the above mentioned had been going smoothly without being in those gigantic edifice, midst of the fashionistas/showoff grin, double-living hypocrite.

I could imagine how my fiancé family picture my person but still, it change nothing about my personal belief. #Spiritual not religious

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Chrislova(m): 10:08am On Feb 06, 2022
its beena while i go to church
but when ever i go, na Thanksgiving i de go
Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Olam09(m): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2022
Sasi54:
Do you have anything in mind when going for church service that you wish the Lord God to do for you. Mine is that the lord God should bless my hands with favour.

Mine is that God should make my dreams come true.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by BenevolentD: 10:10am On Feb 06, 2022
My expectation back then WAS to see or hear anything rational from those hustlers in suits calling themselves pastors but ended in vain. The deeper I checked, the weirder the whole gibberish became. I gave up like millions of others and never have been this happier before.
Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by symbuul: 10:10am On Feb 06, 2022
Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Boogyman557: 10:11am On Feb 06, 2022
Holly Gram cool Make I Rush share my OWN Sharp Sharp.

Me I need more RUBBERZ, MONEY..

Long TREE wey CUTLASS no go fit cut DOWN, long Life

MORE BLESSING...

MORE WISDOM.. Bcus I NO say I Sabi ADVISE my NL people Dem WELL..

WTF MAN
Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by gentlegenius(m): 10:12am On Feb 06, 2022
yabarighty:
Bless me pastor, that's why half of us go to Church. Some people will not even go if their favourite priest or pastor is not preaching that day
Very True... Majority go to church because they think the blessings the pastors pronounce on them every Sunday is affecting their lives positively.

But sadly, the truth is: Blessing and curses operates on the same principles.
The bible says, Curses that are undeserved doesn't affect the person being cursed... In the same way, the blessings you don't deserve can't work for you.
Pastors don't even have the right to bless anyone. Only God can bless those he chooses to bless. But I've noticed countless times in the bible that anytime God pronounces a blessing, it comes with conditions. If you fulfill the condition(s), the blessings become yours automatically. This is why you don't need any pastor to bless you. Just look for a blessing in the scripture, meet the condition(s) and receive that blessing.
For example... Our country is in a terrible situation and we keep praying in churches that God should heal our land. God says... IF MY PEOPLE SHOULD HUMBLE THEMSELVES and pray, I will heal their land.
We are not meeting the condition, yet we expect the blessing. Pride is in our nature and humility is far from us, yet we keep deceiving ourselves that God will heal this country.
Truefaith:
My expectations are to learn about the true God; not to be deceived by a servant of Satan masquerading as a "man of God".
If this is your expectation, then we are on the same page...
But the truth is: You do not need the church or pastors to know about the True God. All you need is you bible, and the time to study it.
When I was a church goer, I didn't really know God as I know him now because I was simply following what others were doing and what pastors were telling us. But for the past 7 years that I stop going to church, I've really cling to my bible and it helped me know God, and improved my relationship with God.
ORGANIZED RELIGION IS THE GREATEST SCAM FACING HUMANITY TODAY. Escape from it.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Offpoint1: 10:12am On Feb 06, 2022
I go there for Questions

why he sat there watching all the genocides, wars, slavery and terrorisms that has claimed billions of lives and he did absolutely nothing about.
Was He watching all the atrocities in Nazi concentration camp during the wars?
Why He had issues with Lucifer and decides earth is the perfect place to cast him to...
Why everyone have to suffer cost Adam ate fruit that wasn't supposed be there in the first place?
He knew the end before the beginning, he knew humanity will turn out a disaster, but He choses to play bet with us in the name of freewill.
Why he doesn't wants me to question him when I see the obvious...?
The preacher says we are suffering cuz of Adam's disobedience, but Ezekiel 20:18 told me "The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son".....Then Exodus 20:5 "You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me..... Was the Bible truly your words with so much contradictions?
Why he has to watched the church roof collapsed on his worshippers and lives wasted and he did nothing...The safest place should be your house, but Uwaila was raped to dead right in your present and you did nothing... you did NOTHING (Crying lipsrsealed )
The JW preacher told me He let all these evils on humanity, so at the end humans will see that He's a better ruler than Lucifer... So a supposed loving father would let his own kids suffer just to prove a point? so we are the collateral damage of a beef we knew nothing about?

Will I be burned for asking these questions?

I'm no longer buying the Clay and potter statement ANYMORE, I have emotions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 06, 2022
I look forward to prosperity gospel & miracle cheesy
Brainless sheeples

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Truefaith: 10:13am On Feb 06, 2022
My expectations are to learn about the true God; not to be deceived by a servant of Satan masquerading as a "man of God".

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by symbuul: 10:15am On Feb 06, 2022
To commit my bet ticket into the hands of the Almighty.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Kiliwuwu: 10:16am On Feb 06, 2022
can't forget the day I nd my roomie went to a white garment church during my 300 level days with the hope of catching those 100 level girls young...........guess wat

at a particular point I and my friend was told to stand up and the pastor told the whole church everything in our mind .....

I no even chill make Dem close na so I nd my friend japa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Jossyroyal1: 10:16am On Feb 06, 2022
I always go to church to thank him for what he has done previously

Thanksgiving is an attitude that help to attract more blessing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by Antoeni(m): 10:17am On Feb 06, 2022
For BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by severov(m): 10:22am On Feb 06, 2022
Gods mercy and grace
Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by WibusJaga: 10:25am On Feb 06, 2022

Many people think church is all about the spiritual. It's also a social gathering (fellowship).

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by T0BY(m): 10:26am On Feb 06, 2022
To thank God. Indeed, Being in his presence brings refreshment, joy etc. Serving God wholeheartedly worth it.
Re: What Are Your Expectations When Going For Sunday Service by jubrilELsudan: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2022
THAT I WILL FIND KUKUNASE THAT I WILL TAKE HOME TO FVCK

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sabbath -What day is this? / What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? / Why Do Some Nigerians Call Their Pastors 'Papa' Or 'Daddy'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.