Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,539 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? (24010 Views)

See What Is Happening In The Compound l Am Living In. / What Is Happening To My Decking? / How You Can Resolve Your Rent Issues With Landlord During COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by tunize(m): 12:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sowiki:
Here in Ibadan, I'm renting an apartment of 200k and the agent is requesting for 100k commission. I don't know how we got here. Our country is so lawless and just anyhow
Can you imagine half of the rentage...I think Agents are also a very big issue too
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by somehow: 12:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
SouthWestBlood:

No, it's not. The 50% increment at this time was done in order to meet with the current state of the economy.

Still can't be justified.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Help2020: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
feckos:

Oga where in Lagos please? 2 rooms self contain @ 65k a year. This your case misleading, please clarify.
ikorodu.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Help2020: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
olatunjithomas:

Where in Lagos sir??
Ikorodu.
bigcee:

65k? Where in Lagos Pls? Lagos state 65k rent for 2room self con? Ah, I don't believe you. I don't care about the location. Even if na badagry.
Ikorodu
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Maobichek: 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
SocialJustice:
Estate that the masses cannot afford is as good as nothing. I am talking about the government deciding to build massive estates that are towns on their own and putting a rent even the lowest level civil servant can afford. That is the type of housing I am talking about not luxury real estate. Government can even use housing estates construction to employ large population of Nigerians. It is what the Chinese government is doing.

I'm fully abreast of your position but remember that here is not China ok. Let me give two examples'

IBB regime built massively at Apo for the masses and Abj indigenes, 3 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments but as at 2011; a 2 bedroom apartment there was sold for 55m. Government gave out the houses to the poor but agents came and bought from the indigenes at low prices and started selling at exorbitant prices.

Secondly, do you know Federal Housing Lugbe? Government built everything but go there now, some civil servants secretly bought everything to the detriment of the masses, ppl are now moving to Tudun Wada and one man village where (one room selfcon) mud houses are 120/130k per year.

Estates are scattered in but the masses can't afford any of them.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Badadvisor: 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2022
Cchuks27:
The inflation currently going on in Nigeria, particularly in Abuja and Lagos is hyper. I wish more could be done to mitigate this issue. However, it's either the government doesn't care or are equally confused and overwhelmed by the whole situation.
Lol really? Have you been to enugu, ph, asaba, or owerri?

You'd know what is happening in Lagos is just childs...

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by ibechris(m): 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
Anonymoususher:
Our country is messed up bro... Only God will help us.

I am in Lagos and I am paying 650k for an apartment that does not worth the price

Everybody should just hustle and leave this country or just earn in dollar

Hustle and leave Nigeria.
I used to think of travelling but as time went by,I hustled and made some cash. And I will never relocate abroad for now.
If u have money,Nigeria sweet honestly.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by rachytenny2(f): 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
It is so serious for real. Especially around akoka, abule oja, bariga axis. Even with that amount, the houses are terrible and mostly without water. It's so difficult renting a place around unilag as a student. Very expensive houses!
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Price3(m): 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Golan007:
Na una new song be this Abi?

Shebi una go use am burn houses like EndSARS.

Nonsense.

See them
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by SocialJustice: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
Maobichek:

I'm fully abreast of your position but remember that here is not China ok. Let me give two examples'

IBB regime built massively at Apo for the masses and Abj indigenes, 3 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments but as at 2011; a 2 bedroom apartment there was sold for 55m. Government gave out the houses to the poor but agents came and bought from the indigenes at low prices and started selling at exorbitant prices.

Secondly, do you know Federal Housing Lugbe? Government built everything but go there now, some civil servants secretly bought everything to the detriment of the masses, ppl are now moving to Tudun Wada and one man village where (one room selfcon) mud houses are 120/130k per year.

Estates are scattered in but the masses can't afford any of them.
I know how government destroys the little it does with corruption. Nigeria's situation will get better if corruption can be reduced.

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by SouthWestBlood(m): 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
somehow:

Still can't be justified.

If you say so.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Lamanii22(f): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
Nezzjnr:
Lmao.... I've told myself that when I intend getting married... I'll just move to Redemption Camp cheesy cheesy.

Make i dey my Papa House 1st

cheesy grin grin
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2022

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by mukthar2000(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
My mother and father in law are just the most best landlord in this world that would never inconvinent any of their tenants till they would built their own personal house and quite the building themselves , and their house rent money remain the same amount they have being collecting for donkey years ,imaging having a very big flats in main city if Lagos, not like some greedy landlord that would be telling u that their house rent money are their pension.

3 Likes

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by petitejolie(f): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
Properties and wigs are overpriced
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Goalnaldo(m): 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
Nezzjnr:
Lmao.... I've told myself that when I intend getting married... I'll just move to Redemption Camp cheesy cheesy.

Make i dey my Papa House 1st
is house in redemption camp free??
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by rukyboy(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Guys. Don't blame landlords oo.
If you know what it costs to build a house now eh. You will scream.

To build a storey building of 4 flats will cost about 30 million. I know this cos I'm building one ..

How long would it take the landlord to recoup that amount. You check am na

Cement 4,300 per bag
12 mm rod. 4,500 per piece
Block. 250

Sand and granite .. So expensive

Cost of land
Community/Omonile wahala
Labour. Very expensive
Etc

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Nezzjnr: 2:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Goalnaldo:
is house in redemption camp free??
Nope... But extremely affordable to buy and to rent.

You must be a member sha
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Goalnaldo(m): 2:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Nezzjnr:

Nope... But extremely affordable to buy and to rent.

You must be a member sha
okay. E be like I go soon become una member oo
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Goalnaldo(m): 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
That means we are enjoying in this part of Delta. I stay with my parents in a two bedroom apartment and the rent is 72k yearly. It's an old building and rooms are spacious.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Positiveme2020: 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
Perfectman91:
Truth be told, yahoo boys are the reason for rent increase in asaba, God punish these yahoo boys aka armed robbers

They are part of it ,again cost of land and building materials are unimaginable on the high side..

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Positiveme2020: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
ProfAmaben:

I bought cement for 4,800 in December, it has slightly dropped to 4,300. Roofing sheet was 19k per bundle last year, now 43k, sand was 25k, now 57k, 6" block for 100 naira now 215 in my area, etc. Make I come build finish rent am for 40k yearly? I dey fear you? grin, always remember that it takes 40 naira to lay a block presently.

Don't mind him, dey don't know the cost of building materials. They are making noise here.

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by pho: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Adeoye11:
Seriously guys, if we need this huge madness and greediness to stop we need to start trending this house rentage money.
Let us trend it like #end sars.
Let's save legit hustlers from becoming ritualists
Appropriate bodies should swift into action before it gets out of hand

But the issue is not with the Landlord but the economy, Most of those Landlord/Landlady leave on the proceeds from the rent hence when there is increase in food stuff, transportation etc what do we expect. The truth still boil down to the bad leadership we are having in this country. Until we have good leaders that will begin to channel all the resources that God has bless us with into developing the country thing will not get better. I still can't understand why we are suffering all the things God has freely given us, crude oil in abundance yet we are suffering fuel, kerosene, gas, coal in abundance not good roads, the list goes on.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by pho: 3:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
But the issue is not with the Landlord but the economy, Most of those Landlord/Landlady leave on the proceeds from the rent hence when there is increase in food stuff, transportation etc what do we expect. The truth still boil down to the bad leadership we are having in this country. Until we have good leaders that will begin to channel all the resources that God has bless us with into developing the country thing will not get better. I still can't understand why we are suffering all the things God has freely given us, crude oil in abundance yet we are suffering fuel, kerosene, gas, coal in abundance not good roads, the list goes on.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Positiveme2020: 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Poopypants:
no they are not. the reason for the increase is cos nothing is regulated in nigeria , prices are determined by landlords , if one landlord in an area jacks up price and it works for him, every other landlord would want to do same, and no regulation body is there to stop or control the landlords.

Its a two-way thing, you regulate prices of building materials also not just the rent.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by Positiveme2020: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Everything is on the increase not just rent.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by charlsecy(m): 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Badboibipo:
How can a person have over 300,000 Naira and still can’t afford any descent house?
You can get a decent 2-bedroom flat for N240,000/year around Ogidi, an Onitsha suburb. Power and water, regular.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
syntekelite:

Seems you dont get the economics of demand and supply..

You are the one who is not getting it.

Some of the houses that went for about 150k about 3-4 years ago are now going for over 300k. Are you telling me that there was a spike in demand, or a significant increase in demand now than 3 years ago?
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by lookingfly: 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
same in Abuja right now,if you see the small room dem give me to rent for 550k in Gwrinpa 62 road.the room be like toilet
oga go to satellite towns like Nyanya, kuje.....no form push de pay rent for nothing. No come Abuja come work for only rent/landlords ooo. Use your head.
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by faste: 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
[quote author=SouthWestBlood post=110025913]

They don't consider the side of the landlords. They talk as if they are not in Nigeria. Where dollar is now trading for N570.

As of 2016, I could remember cement was sold for N1300, clay filling sand for N18k. Now, cement is N4300, and clay filling sand for N40k.[/quoteWhat about apartment that were built 10 years ago?
Re: Please What Is Happening With Nigeria And Rent Issues? by faste: 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
[quote author=SouthWestBlood post=110025913]

They don't consider the side of the landlords. They talk as if they are not in Nigeria. Where dollar is now trading for N570.

As of 2016, I could remember cement was sold for N1300, clay filling sand for N18k. Now, cement is N4300, and clay filling sand for N40k.[/quoteWhat about apartment that was built 10 years ago?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Four Vital Documents To Prove Land Ownership / Flag-Off Of NIMASA Housing Estate Abuja Project In Pictures / Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.