Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 (30899 Views)

Scenes At The AFCON 2021 Opening Ceremony (pics) / The Teams That Have Never Played At The AFCON / Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by pargelenis(m): 12:01am On Feb 07, 2022
Comoros should also get an honorary mention/mini award … I don’t need to go into details, you know why grin
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:01am On Feb 07, 2022
Wrong decision from caf

2 Likes

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingosytex(m): 12:02am On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations Senegal, it's a victory well deserved.

How is Mane the most valuable player?

2 Likes

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Chevronstaff: 12:02am On Feb 07, 2022
I think Gabaski deserved Goalkeeper of the tournament.. He played his heart out..

6 Likes

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by chelsea1116(m): 12:02am On Feb 07, 2022
ISRAELKING01:
Mendy is not deserving of that award, the Egyptian keeper Gabaski is more deserving... Politics being played by CAF....

Go and take it from him.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by ItisHi: 12:02am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

not deserved atall....I smell fowl play wen dey hurriedly gave d Egypt keeper man of the match awaard....maybe to compensate his good AFCON heroics
sometimes you post too much crap. Someone with just 3caps out of normal 7 is more deserving that Mendy that was exceptional in winning the cup and also had full caps?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by ItisHi: 12:03am On Feb 07, 2022
Chevronstaff:
I think Gabaski deserved Goalkeeper of the tournament.. He played his heart out..
he played just 3 matches out of 7

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by chelsea1116(m): 12:04am On Feb 07, 2022
silverlinen:
How Mendy take win that award please someone should explain to me
Caf with their political football

When God wan bless someone..e dey confuse enemies..same way u felt mancity deserved to win Chelsea in UEFA finals.

1 Like

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by geesilver(m): 12:04am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:
Mendy n mane dnt deserve those awards....it belongs to Egypt keeper n aboubakar
Even B.sarr play better than mane in that team. Though mane is the biggest star in the team but I give it to sarr
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by pargelenis(m): 12:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Chevronstaff:
100% agree … but I think Mendy was given the award for his interesting dancing technique… it baffled two Egyptian players in the penalty shootout grin

2 Likes

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 12:05am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:
Mendy n mane dnt deserve those awards....it belongs to Egypt keeper n aboubakar

Mane totally deserves it and also deserves the balon d'or now that he gave Senegal their first ever AFCON championship
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Sunnybabe(m): 12:07am On Feb 07, 2022
Congrats Mendy...

But in my inner mind, I thought it's Gabaski that is going to win the Goalkeeper of the tournament

1 Like

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by silverlinen(m): 12:09am On Feb 07, 2022
chelsea1116:

When God wan bless someone..e dey confuse enemies..same way u felt mancity deserved to win Chelsea in UEFA finals.
Chelsea fans with una sense of entitlement
Just cos i mentioned Mendy you thought it wise to think i wanted Man City to win UCL final
Oga never count your chicks before they hatch

2 Likes

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 12:09am On Feb 07, 2022
ItisHi:
sometimes you post too much crap. Someone with just 3caps out of normal 7 is more deserving that Mendy that was exceptional in winning the cup and also had full caps?

The guy is known for posting trash cos he doesn't even know football...he us known here for posting trash.... I can bet that he dint even know the guy only played his first game in the round of 16 just b4 extra time

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by CaptainFM1: 12:11am On Feb 07, 2022
Jman24:

I totally agree with you.
Quality will always show no matter how you hide it.
Mendy is not known for saving too many penalties but he delivered when it mattered most.
Don't forget he made crucial saves in open play to keep Senegal in the game

Keep shut.... I'm Nigerian and Gabaski proved himself for the tournament. Gabaski first, Mendy 2nd.

1 Like

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Omicron123: 12:11am On Feb 07, 2022
He had the highest clean sheet(5) of the tournament. Haters always hating
silverlinen:
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 12:12am On Feb 07, 2022
geesilver:

Even B.sarr play better than mane in that team. Though mane is the biggest star in the team but I give it to sarr

What do u guys smoke?? Which sarr?? Mane scored 3 goals with 2 assists out of their 9 goals...mane scored the only goal Senegal scored in the group stage
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by ArewaNightmare: 12:13am On Feb 07, 2022
Saynotoapc:

Person state fact
You disagree without giving answer.

Shey no be wahala be this

Huncle fact LAURENT POKOU has done it since 1970 when naija still dey fight war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 12:14am On Feb 07, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Keep shut.... I'm Nigerian and Gabaski proved himself for the tournament. Gabaski first, Mendy 2nd.

Gabaski that played only 3 games... how do u guys think

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by darediamond(m): 12:16am On Feb 07, 2022
chelsea1116:

Go and take it from him.
Chelsea fan spotted!!
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by CaptainFM1: 12:17am On Feb 07, 2022
ItisHi:
he played just 3 matches out of 7

Important 3!

Not the ones Nigeria crashed out after winning the 3. Just imagine, the only country that won their 3 group stage matches in the tournament. Who does 9points help in group stages if you cannot win knockout stages.

2 Likes

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Onyi90(m): 12:17am On Feb 07, 2022
silverlinen:
Conceded least of goals in the tournament
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by lekoni2(m): 12:19am On Feb 07, 2022
silverlinen:
Please mention an instance where the award for best goal keeper was given to the team that lost. Please mention even in club football like champions league. You're just criticizing the African tournament. It was dirty though but it is what it is... Congrats to mane and Mendy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by daddymummy(m): 12:19am On Feb 07, 2022
ISRAELKING01:
Mendy is not deserving of that award, the Egyptian keeper Gabaski is more deserving... Politics being played by CAF....

Mendy is FIFA best goal keeper and he is from Africa. So CAF which is under FIFA felt that someone who is best in the world is actually the best in his continent.

That is why they gave him the award which they called "continental best goal keeper"

Remember that FIFA president was around, so CAF must do everything to please him.

Also Edourd Mendy actually merit the award after his penalty save helped Senegal to win the trophy.

Gabaski was outstanding, but his efforts did not make Egypt win, so he can't actually be the best.

The focus is on a person whose effort landed his team the trophy. And the person is Mendy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by silverlinen(m): 12:19am On Feb 07, 2022
Omicron123:
He had the highest clean sheet(5) of the tournament. Haters always hating
Mumu how many clean sheet did Gabaski of Egypt had
Your delusion and foolishness is so alarming
Go find your facts

4 Likes

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by garfield1: 12:22am On Feb 07, 2022
robosky02:

He is the stand out player of the team that won the cup

Respect..

Did what diouf couldn't do

Oga,mane was the standout player

1 Like

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kirkman: 12:22am On Feb 07, 2022
Egyptian goalkeeper Gabaski should have been given the Best Goalkeeper award. He deserves it to the fullest. His performance in this competition proves it all. # My opinion.

2 Likes

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by garfield1: 12:22am On Feb 07, 2022
ISRAELKING01:

Very true

1 Like

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by garfield1: 12:23am On Feb 07, 2022
Jman24:

I totally agree with you.
Quality will always show no matter how you hide it.
Mendy is not known for saving too many penalties but he delivered when it mattered most.
Don't forget he made crucial saves in open play to keep Senegal in the game

Gabaski outshone Mendy even in this match sir.gabaski bested him

1 Like

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by garfield1: 12:24am On Feb 07, 2022
uzokasi1964:
They all deserve the individual awards!!!

Not Mendy and mane

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia / U.S Men's Basketball Coach Greg Popovich Reats To 90-87 Loss To Nigeria / Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.