Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 (30901 Views)

Scenes At The AFCON 2021 Opening Ceremony (pics) / The Teams That Have Never Played At The AFCON / Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by paulolee(m): 6:26am On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

Very good... mane presently is the raining African player of the year... and why doesn't he deserve the balon dor...after helping Senegal win their first ever AFCON, scoring the winning penalty.... after copa is the reason y u said messi deserved balon dor ... so mane also deserves it ,regardless of what happens ..
Player of the tournament as well
I know DTS where u going.....like I said earlier, he gat a case BT he should win African best, take Senegal to d worldcup n av a good individual record in dt worldcup bcox its a world cup year. .
apart from messi winning copa America, leo also had a very good personal record bcox he had the best goal n assist ratio n almost same as lewa for dt year he won, more man of the match won and had an average club performance..
we all know dt sallah is the shinning lite in Liverpool team, BT mane av a case n i pray he wins d ballon..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Slynation(m): 6:27am On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:
Mane will definitely win the balon dor next year
Clearly...you don't know what you are saying
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Leo588(m): 6:36am On Feb 07, 2022
As a Chelsea Fan, Mendy and Mane does not deserve those awards truly.

Gabasky and Vincent deserves them.

CAF in FIFA., Messi and Lewandoski
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by klawaaa: 7:24am On Feb 07, 2022
The strength of a man is most tested in the time of adversities. Hence, the wizard Egypt keeper could not save the net when it was most desired!
paulolee:
Mendy n mane dnt deserve those awards....it belongs to dt wizard Egypt keeper n aboubakar..
dt Egypt keeper was a huge factor in the knockouts saving key penalties n even made saves in this final bt mendy was silent all tru d competition..
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by acmilan4li(m): 7:30am On Feb 07, 2022
So true Egyptian goal keeper deserve better

ISRAELKING01:
Mendy is not deserving of that award, the Egyptian keeper Gabaski is more deserving... Politics being played by CAF....

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by IamGreen1(f): 7:31am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:
Mendy n mane dnt deserve those awards....it belongs to dt wizard Egypt keeper n aboubakar..
dt Egypt keeper was a huge factor in the knockouts saving key penalties n even made saves in this final bt mendy was silent all tru d competition..

Mendy only played two games because he'd covid-19. Gabaski was robbed
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 07, 2022
Congrats to senegal tho M nuh really a football fan
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by APOSTLE1457: 7:45am On Feb 07, 2022
gabaski deserved the award. he top the chart with most clean sheet and more saved. but the award went to mendy like a thief in the night. grin
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by jpride(m): 8:08am On Feb 07, 2022
I'm a Chelsea fan but I don't support Mendy being awarded best goalkeeper...... Gabaski is far more deserving of the recognition. Even Mane can't be the most valuable player. I think Abubakar deserve it more
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by OJEEMAH(m): 8:16am On Feb 07, 2022
lekoni2:

Please mention an instance where the award for best goal keeper was given to the team that lost. Please mention even in club football like champions league. You're just criticizing the African tournament. It was dirty though but it is what it is... Congrats to mane and Mendy

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by geesilver(m): 8:27am On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

I dint insult u...but u are exhibiting stupidity...which is not an insult but reality... so crossing balls that dint lead to goals and creating chances that dint lead to goals is good enough for a player to win player of the tournament ahead of the one that scored 3 crucial goals and 2 crucial assists , played every game and scored the winning penalty that gave them their first ever cup... u are indeed smoking something
I don't think you have the effontry to say this to me one on one but I would let this slide..... Just go...
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 8:27am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

I know DTS where u going.....like I said earlier, he gat a case BT he should win African best, take Senegal to d worldcup n av a good individual record in dt worldcup bcox its a world cup year. .
apart from messi winning copa America, leo also had a very good personal record bcox he had the best goal n assist ratio n almost same as lewa for dt year he won, more man of the match won and had an average club performance..
we all know dt sallah is the shinning lite in Liverpool team, BT mane av a case n i pray he wins d ballon..

Balon dor is in November b4 world cup
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 8:28am On Feb 07, 2022
geesilver:

I don't think you have the effontry to say this to me one on one but I would let this slide..... Just go...

Abeg to sidon for kpotokpoto ... look at this mumu , can u even stand up to me... slide kee u dia
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by paulolee(m): 8:30am On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

Balon dor is in November b4 world cup
heard it would be shifted to December bcoz of worldcup, it can come within worldcup..
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 8:31am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

de gea jus won d best player in EPL for the month of January bcoz of 21 saves...the first time a keeper will win player of the month award in long while

Leave player of the month.... u always try to act smart .... every end of season, they give award to the best goal keeper based on number of games played and total number of clean sheets and not number of saves....or don't u know that season after season the goalkeepers in the bottom half of the table are the ones that make most saves.... have any of them ever won that award ?? Its based on cleansheet and not saves
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

heard it would be shifted to December bcoz of worldcup, it can come within worldcup..

Story.... thats y balon dor is fast loosing its credibility and will go back to how it used to be b4 fifa merged with them.... shey u all said balon dor is based on performance from August till June.... while fifa is from January to December.... u see y Lewandowski said balon dor is never credible .... always shifting goal post.... uptil now they hv never mentioned y they cancelled 2020....the pandemic wasn't the issue ....they knew messi wudnt hv finished in top 10 ...just to avoid the embarrassment
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by OJEEMAH(m): 8:42am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

de gea jus won d best player in EPL for the month of January bcoz of 21 saves...the first time a keeper will win player of the month award in long while
Don't allow anybody deceive you. When Joe Hart was on loan at low rated Birmingham City in 2009 or 2010 season, he was voted Premier League goal keeper of the year for the number of saves he made that season. if its based on clean sheet, Cech and many EPL keepers kept more.

And that was how he became number one at Manchester City before Pep threw him out
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by paulolee(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

Story.... thats y balon dor is fast loosing its credibility and will go back to how it used to be b4 fifa merged with them.... shey u all said balon dor is based on performance from August till June.... while fifa is from January to December.... u see y Lewandowski said balon dor is never credible .... always shifting goal post.... uptil now they hv never mentioned y they cancelled 2020....the pandemic wasn't the issue ....they knew messi wudnt hv finished in top 10 ...just to avoid the embarrassment
omor...people de reason o....so change in date for ballon d or naim go make am lose credibility?
bcoz dey didnt gv any award dt 2020 wit no solid explanation means d award is trash?
my guy forger all dis ur cappings, the best can never get to d level of ballon d or...
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by paulolee(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

Leave player of the month.... u always try to act smart .... every end of season, they give award to the best goal keeper based on number of games played and total number of clean sheets and not number of saves....or don't u know that season after season the goalkeepers in the bottom half of the table are the ones that make most saves.... have any of them ever won that award ?? Its based on cleansheet and not saves
u too de talk too much...why de gea win player of the month for January?? bcoz of saves or not?
clean sheets isnt bad bt i prefer judging keeper by saves than clean sheets....dts my own take
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

u too de talk too much...why de gea win player of the month for January?? bcoz of saves or not?
clean sheets isnt bad bt i prefer judging keeper by saves than clean sheets....dts my own take

De gea won because he won points for man u thru his saves .... Emerson won goalkeeper of the season last season, he was not even among the top 5 in highest saves ...he won just by one cleansheet against Allison of Liverpool

Thats ur own take all of a sudden just bcis u prefer Gabaski... did u ever complain when keepers in the bottom half of the table made most saves season after season?? Do Donarruma that won it after the Euros , did he make most saves ...ur own take is not the criterias take
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 1:40pm On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

omor...people de reason o....so change in date for ballon d or naim go make am lose credibility?
bcoz dey didnt gv any award dt 2020 wit no solid explanation means d award is trash?
my guy forger all dis ur cappings, the best can never get to d level of ballon d or...

The Best thats awarded by fifa supersedes Balond'or...very soon Dubai awards will level up with balon dor... balon dor was crap till fifa gave them levels by merging with them... if it was so important, how come Ronaldo is referred as the only player from the EPL to have ever won the number 1 award , despite Owen winning it in 2001 .... simply shows balon dor was crap and will soon return bk to how it used to be
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by paulolee(m): 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

The Best thats awarded by fifa supersedes Balond'or...very soon Dubai awards will level up with balon dor... balon dor was crap till fifa gave them levels by merging with them... if it was so important, how come Ronaldo is referred as the only player from the EPL to have ever won the number 1 award , despite Owen winning it in 2001 .... simply shows balon dor was crap and will soon return bk to how it used to be
guy go sleep....the best n dubai d or can never superside ballon d or...I no believe say na u de talk this shii
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

guy go sleep....the best n dubai d or can never superside ballon d or...I no believe say na u de talk this shii

Messi fans 2hwn u throw them facts , they get confused grin... answer the question... why is Ronaldo the only player that they refer as the only player to have won world player award in EPL despite Owen winning the balon dor in 2001 ...answer
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Chapii: 7:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
ISRAELKING01:
Mendy is not deserving of that award, the Egyptian keeper Gabaski is more deserving... Politics being played by CAF....

I would have agreed with you but that penalties became the decider. Mendy was not tested during the tournament as much as Gabaski because of his strong defense. Mind you Mendy conceded only 1 goal throughout.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by paulolee(m): 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

Messi fans 2hwn u throw them facts , they get confused grin... answer the question... why is Ronaldo the only player that they refer as the only player to have won world player award in EPL despite Owen winning the balon dor in 2001 ...answer
who de mk that statement? dey refer him as the first winner of ball on d or in EPL after a long while..
who do so many fans agree dt messi is the best among their two after he won his 7th award??
why do ur cr7 said he would like to end his career a happy man if he wins more balloon d or than messi because he deserves to win 7 or 8 than messi??
why is it dt cr7 gets pained seeing messi win more ballon than seeing messi wins the best?
oga stop all this crazy talk...the best can never measure up to ballon d or dt av been for decades before the best started
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 9:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

who de mk that statement? dey refer him as the first winner of ball on d or in EPL after a long while..
who do so many fans agree dt messi is the best among their two after he won his 7th award??
why do ur cr7 said he would like to end his career a happy man if he wins more balloon d or than messi because he deserves to win 7 or 8 than messi??
why is it dt cr7 gets pained seeing messi win more ballon than seeing messi wins the best?
oga stop all this crazy talk...the best can never measure up to ballon d or dt av been for decades before the best started

After which long while...stop saying crap and fooling urself... as everyone says...messi fans know the truth but choose to stick with lies and Deception....

Ronaldo is the first and only to win the major award...balon dor was crap ....its certain u are a kiddo , go and ask ur bros them
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:28am On Feb 08, 2022
caprini1:
Senegal will still beat them to the Qatar world cup.Egypt was a very poor team at this Afcon.
Maybe oh. I no know. They should sack Carlos, the guy is too aggressive and his tactics are crap. The guy was even the coach for SA at one point, but he was sacked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF / AFCON 2021: Ivory Coast Vs Algeria (4 - 1) On 20th January 2022 / Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates Chioma, His Wife's Birthday By Sharing Loved Up Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.