Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 (30903 Views)

Scenes At The AFCON 2021 Opening Ceremony (pics) / The Teams That Have Never Played At The AFCON / Bongani Zungu, Scored At The AFCON With VAR, The First Player To Achieve That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by frog12: 1:16am On Feb 07, 2022
they rigged the entire tournament for us to watch only liverpool stars and mendy wendy. how egypt take reach finals, still dey baffle me with their poor performance

silverlinen:
How Mendy take win that award please someone should explain to me
Caf with their political football
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by placeofallure(f): 1:20am On Feb 07, 2022
Ajehkpako4naija:
This Aboubakar nor dey try for dressing. See the fake clothes him wear come. Poor dress sense

Waiting patiently for the meme grin
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 1:20am On Feb 07, 2022
geesilver:
I tot you are an adult. Must you Insult or be rude before you make your point....
Sarr made a lot of crosses and passes that could have lead to goals if they had a clinical striker. But it's unfortunate that all eyes were on mane.

I dint insult u...but u are exhibiting stupidity...which is not an insult but reality... so crossing balls that dint lead to goals and creating chances that dint lead to goals is good enough for a player to win player of the tournament ahead of the one that scored 3 crucial goals and 2 crucial assists , played every game and scored the winning penalty that gave them their first ever cup... u are indeed smoking something
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Kingcalls: 1:23am On Feb 07, 2022
garfield1:

Oga,mendy played 5 games,conceded 2 and those two were from open play.gabaski played 4 and conceded one from penalty.gabaski made 16 saves,Mendy 8.gabaski totally bested Mendy. You are the joke boy

Since when did number of saves qualify goal keepers for awards?? Donarroma won it with Italy due to clean shits and not saves... never hv I heard that a keeper won best keeper thru number of saves ... he dint even play upto half of the games that Egypt played... so because he made regular saves in the final makes him eligible to win best goal keeper of the tournament
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Dmacqh(m): 1:26am On Feb 07, 2022
Every award is deserved based on the criteria the judges used .
The disputing best goalkeeper , they renamed
“ Continental Best Goal keeper “ .
Going by the name , I think Mendy is the undisputed winner .
Coming to AFCON performance, I think the best keeper is Gabaski . I based on it on app/clean sheets .
Mendy played 5/7 matches , had 3 clean sheets , and conceded 2 goals from open play , saves 7. Penalty Shoutout saves 2/4 or 1/4 depending if you count or discount the one that hit the post .
Gabaski played 4/7 matches , 3 clean sheets , 1 goal conceded from penalty spot and alone made in the finals (cool saves . Penalty shout saves 4 /14 or 5/14 depending if you counted or discounted the off target penalty .
Funny it’s Egyptian first choice goalkeeper Al Shenawy that won the best goalkeeper, group stage . He had 2/3 clean sheets . Also adding the R16 , you can give him 3/4 clean sheets .
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by lazarusokafor90(m): 1:27am On Feb 07, 2022
ArewaNightmare:

AN IVORY COAST PLAYER ( LAURENT POKOU 8 GOALS 1970)HAS DONE IT BEFORE PLS
Try reading what he wrote again. A little slower this time.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by LienwaltAbel(m): 1:29am On Feb 07, 2022
Gabaski deserves it for bleeps sake. Egypt has good defence and goalkeepers chikena, the rest rubbish. How the fck will a team struggle through a tournament and expect to win. I wonder how they even beat morocco. Abeg make person buy me credit bank app don Bleep me up this night.
9mobile 09092722498.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by LienwaltAbel(m): 1:32am On Feb 07, 2022
frog12:
they rigged the entire tournament for us to watch only liverpool stars and mendy wendy. how egypt take reach finals, still dey baffle me with their poor performance

How dey take beat morocco self still dey shock me. If not for their defence and excellent goalkeepers, the team was trash. The coach's tactics were dumb. You only draw out a game when you've scored.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Streetpriest1: 1:33am On Feb 07, 2022
Football awards favor big names that's why Mandy was ahead of Gabaski of Egypt
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by assholemods: 1:41am On Feb 07, 2022
silverlinen:
How Mendy take win that award please someone should explain to me
Caf with their political football
A beg go Siddon, either you don't watch football or you are not a good analyst. Everything na politics for una next thing now you go mention Buhari...
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by assholemods: 1:43am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:
Mendy n mane dnt deserve those awards....it belongs to dt wizard Egypt keeper n aboubakar..
dt Egypt keeper was a huge factor in the knockouts saving key penalties n even made saves in this final bt mendy was silent all tru d competition..
So you don't know that Mendy will now have a edge over him for winning the cup.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Carlyboi(m): 1:48am On Feb 07, 2022
Well maybe Gabaski should have been handed the golden gloves tbh they both came in at the latter stages kinda but asides Salah Gabaski was the second standout player of the Egyptian team and literally dragged into the final.

Since Mane won the MVP Gabaski should have won the Best GK award!if Cameroon won it Aboubakar would have been the obvious choice it takes a lot for a player whose team didn’t make into the final to win the MVP!or even the second placed team!Most MVPs goes to a player whose team finished in the podium places at the least!
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Iretii0511(m): 1:55am On Feb 07, 2022
ArewaNightmare:

Did you read the post you quoted with clear eyes?
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by frog12: 2:03am On Feb 07, 2022
the egyptians were in serious poor form through-out the tournament. and when you look at the teams they played, those teams miss too many unexplained chances.

LienwaltAbel:

How dey take beat morocco self still dey shock me. If not for their defence and excellent goalkeepers, the team was trash. The coach's tactics were dumb. You only draw out a game when you've scored.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by LienwaltAbel(m): 2:10am On Feb 07, 2022
frog12:
the egyptians were in serious poor form through-out the tournament. and when you look at the teams they played, those teams miss too many unexplained chances.

very true indeed. Every team that played them seemed to be under some sort of spell. Senegal missed a lot too. Morocco and Cameroon deserved to be in the finals a hundred times more than Egypt.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by chyzoo4u(m): 2:32am On Feb 07, 2022
ISRAELKING01:
Mendy is not deserving of that award, the Egyptian keeper Gabaski is more deserving... Politics being played by CAF....

It's not about deserving, check every Nation's cups and I think all tournaments, the team that wins the title gets best player and best keeper, including man of the match.

Gabaski won man of the match because the score at regular time was draw. Had I been Senegal won 1 - 0 at regular time even with all Gabaski saves, he wouldn't have won the man of the match.

Your assertion is correct but my above explanation is how they judge it.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by tragergeorge(m): 3:00am On Feb 07, 2022
ArewaNightmare:

you see this thing English it's hard to understand,and when you think you too know,you end up fucking up...
Read the statement again,,,it said for 48yrs now, since 1974,,,
The statement didn't say no one has ever done it,it said this Cameroon guy is the first person to score 8goals since the last guy did it 1974....

No body follow you drag your ivory coast player
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by otipoju(m): 3:25am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

aboubakar deserves the best player award for his individual brilliance since the European big boys didnt turn up wen ut matters most
but WTF was he putting on wen he was called to get his award? poor dress sense coming from him..
a cameroon track n sneakers would even be better

Most footballers have horrible dress sense.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Echara: 3:35am On Feb 07, 2022
ArewaNightmare:

You certainly didn't understand the post. The last to score upto 9 goals was in 1974. That's reference for the 8 goals of this tournament, while you're making reference to 1970.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Echara: 3:38am On Feb 07, 2022
chyzoo4u:

It's not about deserving, check every Nation's cups and I think all tournaments, the team that wins the title gets best player and best keeper, including man of the match.

Gabaski won man of the match because the score at regular time was draw. Had I been Senegal won 1 - 0 at regular time even with all Gabaski saves, he wouldn't have won the man of the match.

Your assertion is correct but my above explanation is how they judge it.

France won the last world cup, MVP went to Luka Modric a Croatian.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by Thebigheart: 4:22am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

I swear....Chelsea fans go oppose BT na dm.shout corruption wen dona won best keeper in balllon d or dt mendy clearly deserves

So u wen dey oppose Mendy award, which fan u be?
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by sameks08(m): 4:47am On Feb 07, 2022
And Maduka Okoye won the most stupid keeper of the tournament. that boy na something else no sence at all
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by davidtemi(m): 5:02am On Feb 07, 2022
robosky02:
Vincent Aboubakar is the first player to reach the 8-goals mark in a single #TotalEnergiesAFCON campaign in 48 years! (Ndaye Mulamba, 9 goals in 1974)
wait u mean one person scored 8 goals in just how many games played and they did not win the tournament??
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by caprini1: 6:05am On Feb 07, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Senegal will still beat them to the Qatar world cup.Egypt was a very poor team at this Afcon.
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by techWriter3: 6:13am On Feb 07, 2022
[s]He is the front out footballer of the league that triumphed the cupRespect..knew what guests couldn't have[/s] lipsrsealed
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by paulolee(m): 6:19am On Feb 07, 2022
assholemods:

So you don't know that Mendy will now have a edge over him for winning the cup.
modric won the best player in worldcup dt France won
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by paulolee(m): 6:20am On Feb 07, 2022
9gerian:
At the end of the day, failure is not rewarded even if it is second best. This is why 1 gold medal is rated higher than 100 silver medals on the medals table.

He would have won the awards had Egypt emerged the champion.

modric won best player in d worldcup dt France won
Re: All The Award Winners At The AFCON 2021 by paulolee(m): 6:22am On Feb 07, 2022
Kingcalls:

Since when did they start awarding best goalies by number of saves ?? When citys goalie won best keeper on the EPL, did they tell u he had the highest saves or most cleanshits ?? U reasoning is flawed ....
de gea jus won d best player in EPL for the month of January bcoz of 21 saves...the first time a keeper will win player of the month award in long while

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF / AFCON 2021: Ivory Coast Vs Algeria (4 - 1) On 20th January 2022 / Kenneth Omeruo Celebrates Chioma, His Wife's Birthday By Sharing Loved Up Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.