Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax (19391 Views)

Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports / Overmars Quits Ajax Over "Inappropriate" Messages To Female Colleagues / 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by LordReed(m): 9:39am On Feb 07, 2022
HonestFriend:

What do u mean?

You said: "How will a man know when to draw the line" and my question is can you not exercise self control until you leave the office? Why can't your line be outside the office? Why must you flirt in the office?

The practice part is reference to how more people are less willing to tolerate flirty behaviour in a professional setting, if you are having problems with self control this will force you to mind yourself.

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Druss(m): 9:42am On Feb 07, 2022
angelfallz:
hmmm how do you know it was harassment?

Last i checked sexting(if that was what he was doing) is normal between two parties that are interested in it.

Sexting is not normal oh. He is senior to the lady and married. That puts him in a dominant position.

Advice for any young person - do not engage with sexting with office colleagues especially if you are positionally superior.
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by tiswell(m): 9:42am On Feb 07, 2022
only simps get caught in such fvckery
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 9:42am On Feb 07, 2022
The bolded,
That one na story for the gods. Do you want me to list the number relationships that have happened in a work place environment?

Besides, what made me focus on you was the word "pervert", so, since when has sexting mean a man is pervert?

sukkot:
sexting is normal in a corporate environment ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked brah your head need factory reset angry angry

you never hear that phrase NO SHIT WHERE YOU DEY CHOP ?

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Beedude(m): 9:44am On Feb 07, 2022
gaby:
What a pity for the "flying Dutchman".

Women matter? Na God go help us men.

May God continue to lead us right and grant us the wisdom to look away from falling into temptation that'd bring us down through the "sweet in the middle" of a woman.

Hallelujah somebody...
Denis Bergkamp was Non-Flying Ducthman due to his phobia for flight that killed his family members.
Dont know where u got ur own flying dutchman
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 9:44am On Feb 07, 2022
How do you know the words in the messages are inappropriate?
Please list out the words that are inappropriate while flirting.

baralatie:

No it is not!
It is the appropriateness of the words that is the issue
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by HonestFriend: 9:45am On Feb 07, 2022
LordReed:

You said: "How will a man know when to draw the line" and my question is can you not exercise self control until you leave the office? Why can't your line be outside the office? Why must you flirt in the office?

The practice part is reference to how more people are less willing to tolerate flirty behaviour in a professional setting, if you are having problems with self control this will force you to mind yourself.

Asking a lady at your workplace out is flirting to u?

I can only see as flirting if u re married n still in marriage.. But outside that. Its a normal thing for a single man.

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Rugaria: 9:45am On Feb 07, 2022
"I am ashamed. Last week I was confronted with reports about my behavior. And how this has come across to others. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I was crossing the line with this, but that was made clear to me in recent days. I suddenly felt enormous pressure. I apologize. Certainly for someone in my position, this behavior is unacceptable. I now see that too. But it is too late. I see no other option but to leave Ajax. This also has a major impact on my private situation. That is why I ask everyone to leave me and my family alone."

Don't know why I found this whole apology very funny �
He started off by screaming "I'm ashamed".. Then ended the whole thing by ordering us all "to leave him and his family alone".
Your family might be left alone but certainly not you..
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 9:46am On Feb 07, 2022
Bros forget that talk. Put man and woman in any environment sparks would fly.

The problem is that feminists have succeeded in labelling innocent flirting with sexual harassment and rape culture.

LordReed:

Why flirt in a professional environment? Why can't you wait till you are in a social or less formal situation to make moves? Don't mix business and pleasure, that has been a wise saying for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by mystery22: 9:46am On Feb 07, 2022
Is just a matter of time,The lazy bitter feminists will reap what they are sowing....
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by LordReed(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2022
angelfallz:
Bros forget that talk. Put man and woman in any environment sparks would fly.

The problem is that feminists have succeeded in labelling innocent flirting with sexual harassment and rape culture.

No, women are waking to fact that they no longer need to tolerate unwanted advances or unwanted touching especially from people in leadership positions. Don't flirt with your coworker in the office is not a hard thing, your libido can wait 8hrs for satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Angelfrost(m): 9:50am On Feb 07, 2022
Any man who wants to go far in life must master self control at all cost...

No matter how rich, good looking, and influential you think you are, a little loss of control especially with regards to women can destroy you in unimaginable ways.

Ask Dangote how far... Nigga was truly lucky! undecided
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by sukkot: 9:51am On Feb 07, 2022
angelfallz:
The bolded,
That one na story for the gods. Do you want me to list the number relationships that have happened in a work place environment?

Besides, what made me focus on you was the word "pervert", so, since when has sexting mean a man is pervert?

maybe in nigeria. in saner climates you will be fired. which is why naija is 3rd world. turd world cheesy cheesy

niggas spend 9 hours sexting on the job and no job is done and wonder why naija is turd world country angry
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 9:52am On Feb 07, 2022
Lol, bro sexting is normal. It has been normal ever since smartphones came with camera.

Also, it does not matter the position of the man(in a sane world. the west is no longer sane). Lets assume the genders were reversed, the woman is in the dominant position and the man is the one sexting her, does it make it wrong?

Look feminism has succeeded in destroying the natural relationships between men and women. And that is why men are being punished for flirting with women.

If it is inappropriate because he is married then I agree 100%
If it is inappropriate because she was not interested in sexting, but he continued to sext, then I agree 100%

Druss:

Sexting is not normal oh. He is senior to the lady and married. That puts him in a dominant position.

Advice for any young person - do not engage with sexting with office colleagues especially if you are positionally superior.

2 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by saintmm(m): 9:53am On Feb 07, 2022
Until men realize that the world revolves around them and not women, treat women and men alike, see them as another man in every official setting then easen up a bit in an unofficial setting with limit, they will start respecting men and they need not be a cause of downfall for any man again.
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 9:55am On Feb 07, 2022
Lol, the ones I wanted to list actually happened in the west grin

the uk health minister that was kissing and embracing an aide wink

Also, Nigeria is not a 3rd world country because of sexting, that is silly. grin grin grin

sukkot:
maybe in nigeria. in saner climates you will be fired. which is why naija is 3rd world. turd world cheesy cheesy

niggas spend 9 hours sexting on the job and no job is done and wonder why naija is turd world country angry

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 9:57am On Feb 07, 2022
ermmm who said anything about touching?

LordReed:

No women are waking to fact that they no longer need to tolerate unwanted advances or unwanted touching especially from people in leadership positions. Don't flirt with your coworker in the office is not a hard thing, your libido can wait 8hrs for satisfaction.
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Theevilone(m): 9:57am On Feb 07, 2022
Oyibo is next to heavenly, they resign at any misconduct but here we die there.

Oyibo go don bury bubu for his incompetence if he tries quarter of the mess over there.
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 9:59am On Feb 07, 2022
Exactly!! and it is wrong. If she does not want his flirting she can tell she is not interested. If he continues after that, then, that is harassment.

ThierryJay:

You and I know that in today's first world, it will be deemed inappropriate so long as the lady says it is even if it is just "you are looking sexy today, sweetheart" that was sent.

She only has to claim that she felt mentally harassed sexually by the most harmless of appreciation from the guy and boom he's toast.
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by sukkot: 10:00am On Feb 07, 2022
angelfallz:
Lol, the ones I wanted to list actually happened in the west grin

the uk health minister that was kissing and embracing an aide wink

Also, Nigeria is not a 3rd world country because of sexting, that is silly. grin grin grin

the ones you mentioned, you can mention them because they made news because people took offence to it. so meaning over there they frown on it. but in turd world naija you sext from 9am to 12 pm. take lunch break and go and eat 4 pounded yam and nkwobi. come to the office and sleep for 2 hours. wake up and continue sexting till 5pm and then go home grin grin grin grin
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 10:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Lol they frown on it but it still happens. grin

Some guy somewhere is banging his secretary right now in the UK. Some guy in the US is sleeping with his female intern.

The westerners are the biggest hypocrites ever grin grin grin

For me where it becomes inappropriate is if the man or the woman is not interested but the other party continues to sext.

sukkot:
the ones you mentioned, you can mention them because they made news because people took offence to it. so meaning over there they frown on it. but in turd world naija you sext from 9am to 12 pm. take lunch break and go and eat 4 pounded yam and nkwobi. come to the office and sleep for 2 hours. wake up and continue sexting till 5pm and then go home grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 10:08am On Feb 07, 2022
Gbam!!

It does not make sense! How would you put males and females together and don't expect sparks to fly?

It is feminism that has emasculated western and made flirting a crime punishable by firing the man

ThierryJay:

Lol, it's like you havent seen work colleagues get married right? I have few colleagues in different department in big four firms who married one another. Were they mixing business with pleasure when they were dating? Or you think the guys didnt send their eventual wives texts during the toasting period.

The potential ramifications of this trend is very vast o. A realistic check is critical.
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Sensiblerealist: 10:09am On Feb 07, 2022
Thank God you dey think am so
From personal experience, a babe wey dey flirt with my blood, giving all the green light and all that that it was an open secret to everyone. Naso my blood overplay with am , smirk am small for yansh. As I'm tell you, he never regain his practicing license for the past 5 years.

Kharol1234:
Wahala when person finally japa leave this country, person go they careful with white women. No be say when person say Hy them go take am as sexual harassment.

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by baralatie(m): 10:12am On Feb 07, 2022
ThierryJay:

You and I know that in today's first world, it will be deemed inappropriate so long as the lady says it is even if it is just "you are looking sexy today, sweetheart" that was sent.

She only has to claim that she felt mentally harassed sexually by the most harmless of appreciation from the guy and boom he's toast.
That is what I am saying!
Sending a text like that would be jumping the gun.
The lady who probably is looking or working against you will take advantage of that text
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by sukkot: 10:13am On Feb 07, 2022
angelfallz:

Some guy somewhere is banging his secretary right now in the UK. Some guy in the US is sleeping with his female intern.

For me where it becomes inappropriate is if the man or the woman is not interested but the other party continues to sext.

oh we are not saying it doesnt happen in the west. however if you are caught you will be fired. in naija if you are caught you may even be celebrated. AHHHHHHHHHH BABA RERE NA YOU DEY SMASH NGOZI FOR ACCOUNTS SECTION ? AHHHH IN FACT I AM GOING TO INCREASE YOUR SALARY BECAUSE I HEAR YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB IN ZE OZA ROOM WITH NGOZI cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

you get the point angry
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by baralatie(m): 10:13am On Feb 07, 2022
Sensiblerealist:
Thank God you dey think am so
From personal experience, a babe wey dey flirt with my blood, giving all the green light and all that that it was an open secret to everyone. Naso my blood overplay with am , smirk am small for yansh. As I'm tell you, he never regain his practicing license for the past 5 years.

Na trap she set for am na!
She was not flirting!
Na things he for don learn from schoolgirls attitude na
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by ThierryJay: 10:13am On Feb 07, 2022
angelfallz:
Exactly!! and it is wrong. If she does not want his flirting she can tell she is not interested. If he continues after that, then, that is harassment.

I agree with that assessment. Men are wired to try and woo women irrespective of any environment. What I dont think is appropriate is to demonize such trials so long as they are not overboard like the harassment example you gave.

But to expect them not to try at all is plainly unrealistic.

3 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by baralatie(m): 10:16am On Feb 07, 2022
angelfallz:

Yes it is happening as long as it goes on good!
Wait when it goes down south that is when you hear supervisory investigation!
Wahala and begging will start
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by angelfallz(m): 10:19am On Feb 07, 2022
The bolded,
That is wrong. Why should a man be fired for flirting especially if the flirting is well received and encouraged? Flirting and harassment are not the same.

In Overmars case we don't have much information. So we can't accurately judge it.

sukkot:
oh we are not saying it doesnt happen in the west. however if you are caught you will be fired. in naija if you are caught you may even be celebrated. AHHHHHHHHHH BABA RERE NA YOU DEY SMASH NGOZI FOR ACCOUNTS SECTION ? AHHHH IN FACT I AM GOING TO INCREASE YOUR SALARY BECAUSE I HEAR YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB IN ZE OZA ROOM WITH NGOZI cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

you get the point angry

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by sukkot: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2022
angelfallz:
The bolded,
That is wrong. Why should a man be fired for flirting especially if the flirting is well received and encouraged? Flirting and harassment are not the same.

In Overmars case we don't have much information. So we can't accurately judge it.

thats the differene between a turd world country and a first world country. first world country they prefer you check your personal life and emotions and sexual desires at home before you step into their office. turd world country you can come to office with konji and be harrasing everybody grin grin grin
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by ThierryJay: 10:24am On Feb 07, 2022
baralatie:

That is what I am saying!
Sending a text like that would be jumping the gun.
The lady who probably is looking or working against you will take advantage of that text

True, but my point is it's not fair on the guys! The boundaries at which this enters criminal zone is so vague.

In the same professional environment, some guys who have sent "you re looking sexy sweetheart" are now married to the same ladies today without any issues, while some others who sent the same text got criminalized and lost their jobs.

Question is what then really determines when it's a crime? Is it the different reactions of ladies to the same messages? Which implies that something that can be interpreted so differently needs to be evaluated properly before using it as a sure tool of career destruction.

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by jaxxy(m): 10:35am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:
this guy was a key player for barca n arsenal and now working in a key slot in ajax which means he gat fame n money, so why sending bad messages to women dt he can easily get whenever he wants..?
it seems this year, so many footballers go lose guard ontop kpekus matter o

Even if he got them Freely it will still be a problem cos he’s married. Western world don’t tolerate cheating in marriage. So it won’t change anything.

If u wanna cheat as a married man better leave the marriage and be single to mingle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Germany Vs Algeria: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2014 / 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) / I Am Not Worried About Losing To Czech - Gernot Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.