Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,263 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports (28270 Views)

Lee Mason Quits As Premier League VAR Referee / Luis Enrique Quits As Spain Manager (photos) / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by HonNL: 9:24am On Feb 29
His contract expires tomorrow

Jose Peseiro has reportedly decided to quit his post as Head Coach of the Super Eagles. He’s expected to officially leave tomorrow, per multiple reports!
Pulse Sports Nigeria

Super Eagles head coach Jose Peseiro has opened up on his next coaching steps after AFCON 2023.

Peseiro led Nigeria to the final of the just concluded AFCON 2023, losing 2-1 to host nation Ivory Coast in a nervy final.

The 63-year-old Portuguese tactician is reportedly a free agent following the expiration of his contract with the NFF and is yet to decide on his next coaching job.

Peseiro has been linked with the vacant Algeria job and insists he has up to 7 offers on his table.

“I told everyone to come back at the end of the month. What is certain is that I want to continue coaching and I need to choose wisely,” he told Goal.

“At this moment, I repeat, all options remain possible. I received a lot of options and a lot of contacts from national teams or clubs.

“I would say 5, 6 or 7 offers.

“I let them all know that I need to rest and that when my contract expires I will talk about it and start thinking about other projects. And decide my future. For now, I need to take a break and be calm.

“But I listen to the proposals and projects that are offered to me. And I evaluate whether I like it or not.”

SOURCE

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Malroux: 9:28am On Feb 29
He tried but the rubbish they played in the final won't be forgotten.

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Ogiame: 9:42am On Feb 29
Very good...

Now is the right time to address the rot in our Football Federation where they employ foreign coaches for the National team and do a Kill and Divide on their salaries or should I say take some percentage from their huge salaries as kickback for giving them the job.

José Peseiro, I might not like your Haram style of football you introduced in the Super Eagles (That's not our cultural free flowing style of football) but I wish you well.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by ojun50(m): 9:49am On Feb 29
He don try, make he come they go

12 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by superCleanworks(m): 9:50am On Feb 29
he don try

but I have a feeling the NFF will retain him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by ArmaniUhuru: 9:50am On Feb 29
Thank you Coach!
Too much defensive football like your brother Jose mourinho

It's time to see our Super Eagles play a Manchester City kind of football.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:51am On Feb 29
He tried, we never knew he will gone that far in the AFCON despite all the great players in our disposal.

But his defense mentality and his inability to play attacking football to challenge oppositions cost us the trophy.

In all, he tried and we wish him best of luck in his future endeavors.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by superCleanworks(m): 9:51am On Feb 29
TheBossIdeas:
He don try for real

walahi. only people that have not been to glass house will expect miracles from any coach handling the national team.

If you check now, they might still be owing this coach 😂

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by AllahOfBlood: 9:51am On Feb 29
angry

Head coach but he wasn't a coach

He can go
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Mrtaye: 9:52am On Feb 29
Ameneke should be appointed asap

18 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by EdiskyHarry: 9:53am On Feb 29
He tried. Goodluck to him

3 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by ProudNigerian01: 9:53am On Feb 29
A lot of people don't know the battles these coaches face from the NFF in the course of their work.

The man has tried at least he reached the final of AFCON.

It's strange how some people are blaming him for the performance in the final, forgetting that many never gave him a chance of even leaving the group stage and yet he reached the final with our star man not scoring.

Godspeed Mr. Peseiro.

Meanwhile, You have been repeatedly told to Repent and you are delaying, remember the next second maybe too late.

Particularly the sins of masturbation, Fornication and adultery.

Kill them before they kill you.

Heed the call and turn from your sin. Your sin is hindering you from receiving blessings from God.

Acts.3.19 - Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by bnanny: 9:54am On Feb 29
HonNL:
His contract expires tomorrow

Pulse Sports Nigeria

SOURCE
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by ObaKlaz: 9:54am On Feb 29
Thank you, Jesus.

The garbage wey Jose Mourinho recommend give NFF.
Good riddance!

Make summer quick come and go, so that Xavi can get da fawk outta FC Barcelona too!

3 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by PlutoChief: 9:55am On Feb 29
Better for us

1 Like

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by MrBachelor: 9:55am On Feb 29
Long overdue.

2 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by brightovio007(m): 9:56am On Feb 29
You try, nobody expect you fit reach final

4 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by richiemcgold: 9:57am On Feb 29

Bye bye to rede-rede

1 Like

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Pristine664: 9:59am On Feb 29
I expected this 100 percent. I know he can't resist that huge offer from Algeria.

7 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Honestey: 10:00am On Feb 29
Pls hire a Nigerian coach to be paying in naira so as to conserve the value of our currency.

5 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Mannyautos: 10:00am On Feb 29
Lol. After collecting some cool cash after the tournament...

I'm not sure this is the right step for us though. We need stability in our National Team, especially with the world cup qualifiers on the horizon. This abrupt changing of coaches cost us a place in the last world cup, and also cost us a place in the Afcon some years back. We have a good squad and we need to get stability not changing coaches that would start building up again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by GanagiBitrus: 10:00am On Feb 29
He don use Nigeria boost his CV

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Angelfrost(m): 10:00am On Feb 29
He has done well...!

Time for greener pastures! cool

Naija sef... Even coach too dey Japa. tongue

1 Like

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Kukutenla: 10:00am On Feb 29
He should getat!!

1 Like

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by AMAUCHESKY(m): 10:01am On Feb 29
He try but never know how to use VO9

Imaging 5 goals in 3 matches

2 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by robosky02(m): 10:01am On Feb 29
Ok
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Way4orward: 10:01am On Feb 29
That man is not going anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by lexy2014: 10:01am On Feb 29
Malroux:
He tried but the rubbish they played in the final won't be forgotten.

was it only in the final they played rubbish?
Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Adakintroy: 10:01am On Feb 29
He is a average coach.

Those players played wetin them know.

Carry oshimen yet na only one goal him score under you. Because you set up team to be five man defensive. Make cotde voir look like prime baca for our head.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Gkay1(m): 10:02am On Feb 29
That's should be joy to all Nigerian, he is an average coach. Hope Nigeria government nor own am, if government own am self make Dem nor pay am.

2 Likes

Re: Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports by Pristine664: 10:02am On Feb 29
Adakintroy:
He is a average coach.

Those players played wetin them know.

Carry oshimen yet na only one goal him score under you. Because you set up team to be five man defensive. Make cotde voir look like prime baca for our head.

Lol the guy just used Nigeria to polish his CV

Now e don get bumper deal with Algeria.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LGBTQ: FIFA Ask Worldcup Teams To Focus On Football Not Gay Rights / Oghenekaro Etebo Welcomes A Baby With His Wife / Nigerian Children in Slums are Learning to Play Chess & It’s Inspiring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.