Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos (32722 Views)

What Is Your Take On The Fuel Subsidy Removal? / Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country / El-Rufai: ‘Be Careful Of What You Tweet About Kaduna, I'm Watching’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Crazeworld(m): 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
Cumtroller:
Afonja's at it. Dubious criminally minded individuals
Get a life man!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by bibianna(f): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
No country like Nigeria!
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Telekinetic: 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
nduprincekc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6gMoocVz7o

Please subscribe to my channel
Be careful of the Fuel, You buy in Lagos

Be extra careful of where you buy fuel in Lagos

To avoid Had I know

This is an eye opener
And it’s this same set of people that will come on Nairaland and be yelling ‘legitimate hustle’ at the top of their lungs. Criminals everywhere!

3 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by mudiana(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
nduprincekc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6gMoocVz7o

Please subscribe to my channel
Be careful of the Fuel, You buy in Lagos

Be extra careful of where you buy fuel in Lagos

To avoid Had I know

This is an eye opener
Buhari the petroleum minister hope u re enjoying yourself oh!

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Haakeem(m): 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
Nt only petrol kerosean is involved too and it is more dangerous,it roasted our nighbor's face, i think they added something to it.

My mum escaped the same fate, and that is how we quitted using kerosean stove.

Yeah i think for dah moment.

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by DropsMic(m): 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
nduprincekc:
God will surely save us

Continue fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Haakeem(m): 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
Crazeworld:
Get a life man!
why are you pained?
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by phorget(m): 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:
Low fuel prices due to subsidy led to breakdown of refinereis led to us refining fuel abroad in bad refinereis, which led to this

Subsidy must go so that profits would be available to build and maintain standard refineries.

If you want good quality you pay for it.

When we haven't yet enjoy the things we'd paid for so now we should start paying for fuel again. You better wake up.

5 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by hansomb: 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2022
emmy4real94:
some advertise in the comment section and mods don't ban them.. but some gets banned ASAP.. am i missing something??
Not all fingers are equal
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by tommylee(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:
Low fuel prices due to subsidy led to breakdown of refinereis led to us refining fuel abroad in bad refinereis, which led to this

Subsidy must go so that profits would be available to build and maintain standard refineries.

Again another theoretical bull shit coming from a person that believes he knows so much about fuel subsidy.
Let me tell u something u don't understand or know this bad fuel that is been circulated or sold now just shows u why we should never place fuel importation in the hands of greedy private marketers they will do and undo, they will even go as far as selling adulterated fuel just to make illegal profit, towards the end of the year they will make fuel scare and sell @ whatever price they give us telling us there is not enough money to buy imported fuel.
If I may ask @backbencher DO YOU OWN A CAR OR DO U RUN A PRIVATE BUSINESS THAT REQUIRES DAILY EXPENSES ON FUEL TO RUN GENERATOR or do u even live in Nigeria, cos if u do I don't believe u will be talking like this.

5 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
phorget:

When we haven't yet enjoy the things we'd paid for so now we should start paying for fuel again. You better wake up.

Goverment does not pay for subsidy from your income tax. It pays for it from crude oil revenue.

Goverment also subsidses education and health in governemt owned institutions. Its why you pay less than 300 dollars per session in university for ezample. And it comes from crude oil revenue.

The proportion of government revenue that comes from income tax cannot pay for subsidies
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Jephyard(m): 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:

Explain with figures and backup documents please. I am waiting. Am not sure you know how this things work.

4 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Chrislova(m): 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
hmmm that nigeria for u
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
tommylee:

Again another theoretical bull shit coming from a person that believes he knows so much about fuel subsidy.
Let me tell u something u don't understand or know this bad fuel that is been circulated or sold now just shows u why we should never place fuel importation in the hands of greedy private marketers they will do and undo, they will even go as far as selling adulterated fuel just to make illegal profit, towards the end of the year they will make fuel scare and sell @ whatever price they give us telling us there is not enough money to buy imported fuel.
If I may ask @backbencher DO YOU OWN A CAR OR DO U RUN A PRIVATE BUSINESS THAT REQUIRES DAILY EXPENSES ON FUEL TO RUN GENERATOR or do u even live in Nigeria, cos if u do I don't believe u will be talking like this.

I own a car and subsidy means i may end up spending one third of my monthly revenue fuelling the car. I havent even touched on generator costs.

If Nigeria keeps on paying for subsidies we will get into more and more debt.

I think i dont want more debt. Thanks.

Better subsides go and refining at home becomes more profitable and the value of the naira improves due to forex savings

P.s answer me.please

Should government set your prices so that the poor can buy the things you sell at an affodable price? How would you cover your resulting losses.?

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by InvertedHammer: 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
/.
Why are they complaining?

I thought dishonesty is smartness by Nigerians' definition.

Everyone will be a victim at some point.

/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
Jephyard:

Explain with figures and backup documents please. I am waiting. Am not sure you know how this things work.

See my previous comments.

Good morning. I have limited time.

For now, Google for the article Fuel subsides, they are bad for the economy but the lifeblood of our politicans

Article at the conversation dot com.

Modified

Link here
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by eyinola: 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
mitchyy:
My brother's car is damaged. They said NNPC supplied bad fuel to petrol stations. It damaged a lot of their customers cars and some fuel stations had to shut down due to the complaints. My brother got fuel from Total Fuel station on the island and his Venza car started acting up barely 5mins after. Now his engine is about to go bad and he might be needing a new engine. A car that was working perfectly without any issue cry. The mechanics checked and confirmed its bad fuel. Other people too are suffering same issue. Who should be held responsible for this? Its not fair at all
I just replaced my fuel pump now

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by kuntash: 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:

That's a poor justification to support the removal of subsidy .

Diesel has since been subsidized , don't they have adulterated products of diesel ? , The fake products aren't about subsidy yet but failure of the MDA saddled with the responsibility to ensure compliance are all sleeping and collecting bribes everywhere ..

Before any product is offloaded from the vessel , people earn salaries to ensure it meets the requirements for the country .... Let's start from there

4 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by nedekid: 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
Mumu man.
As if you don't know that only fgn imports petrol.
Those depots are supplied by Nnpc.
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by phorget(m): 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:

Goverment does not pay for subsidy from your income tax. It pays for it from crude oil revenue.

Goverment also subsidses education and health in governemt owned institutions. Its why you pay less than 300 dollars per session in university for ezample. And it comes from crude oil revenue.

Health? And they are always quick to run to the UK for treatments. Why can't they get treated in their subsidized hospital?
How about the subsidized institutions? Don't think it's something to write home about though.

The proportion of government revenue that comes from income tax cannot pay for subsidies

Whatever gain they make from the subsidisation would still be used to strengthen boko haram and banditry cos that's what they always do.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by cl0r0x: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see Nigeria returning back to donkey years due to corruption, I see donkeys, horses and camels used freely as means of transportation.

I see accident reducing drastically because the animals won't have a head on collision with each other regardless of the mental state of whoever is riding them.

This I have seen.

They will even feed the donkey artificial leaves grin

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by LaSenior: 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
Is everywhere not Lagos alone
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
kuntash:

That's a poor justification to support the removal of subsidy .

Diesel has since been subsidized , don't they have adulterated products of diesel ? , The fake products aren't about subsidy yet but failure of the MDA saddled with the responsibility to ensure compliance are all sleeping and collecting bribes everywhere ..

Before any product is offloaded from the vessel , people earn salaries to ensure it meets the requirements for the country .... Let's start from there

In response

1. Diesel is , like pms in Nigeria refined in bad refinereis abroad to keep costs down

2. We refine our crude in bad refinereis because we messed up our domestic refining by forcing them to operate at a loss and skimping on maintenance costs to keep subsidy costs low then.

3. Hence the disaster .

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
phorget:

Whatever gain they make from the subsidisation would still be used to strengthen boko haram and banditry cos that's what they always do.

1. Subsidsed health is why you dont pay for malaria drugs in ten thousands of naira..and why caesareans cost LESS than 2000 dollars in governemt hospital's

2..If you want boko to be beaten take part in governemt. Dont come complaining to me..im not in goverment. I didn't vote for them.
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by odaniel1(m): 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hmm, i sense an opportunity here as an Ibo man...... grin
So if one sold a device that could detect the authenticity of fuel. Bam! Ritual money! cool

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by coolatlantic: 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
This is serious!
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by sigiyaya112: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
nduprincekc:
God will surely save us
No God is saving you, mumu wake up!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Southeast Is Excluded From Our Interviews — PTDF / Pictures From The Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Yola Adamawa State / Peterside Qualified To Contest Rivers Guber Poll-tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.