Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos (32720 Views)

What Is Your Take On The Fuel Subsidy Removal? / Mr Macaroni Reacts To The Fuel Scarcity Across The Country / El-Rufai: ‘Be Careful Of What You Tweet About Kaduna, I'm Watching’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by miketayo(m): 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:
Low fuel prices due to subsidy led to breakdown of refinereis led to us refining fuel abroad in bad refinereis, which led to this

Subsidy must go so that profits would be available to build and maintain standard refineries.

If you want good quality you pay for it.

You are a cow for this. A normal thinking person won't say this. How many years have we been talking about refineries & power plants. If you think the removal of subsidy that both Jonathan and buhari have removed several times will make money to build refineries ur delusional. A who country is waiting for 1 man to build refinery and monopolise fuel price. Even if u give the government the money to build d refinery they still won't do it. So what profit r u talking about.

5 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by SeriouslySense(m): 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
osuofia2:
smiley
Wickedness runs in Nigerians vein . Last week i was a victim of bad fuel .
I bought fuel in the fuel station here in Abuja and and few minutes afterward my car started jerking and quenching and offing.
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by nedekid: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:
Low fuel prices due to subsidy led to breakdown of refinereis led to us refining fuel abroad in bad refinereis, which led to this

Subsidy must go so that profits would be available to build and maintain standard refineries.

Na today? Did this regime not remove subsidy when they increased fuel price to 165 from 85 naira?
I bet you, make fuel price 500 tomorrow and in 6 months this regime will start the story of subsidy again.
Iran had poor refining capacity. The US took advantage and placed sanctions on them. Today Iran is an exporter of refined products and refining technology.
We here are waiting for dangote, while government spands 100b yearly on refinaries that don't produce a drop of petrol. No be juju be that?

6 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
Cumtroller:
Afonja's at it. Dubious criminally minded individuals
get brain, this is tactics from Federal government to punish Nigerians for not accepting total removal of subsidy, it has been announced since yesterday that that the cause of scarcity is as a result of adulterated pms. The idea is when Una surfer for que tire, Nigerians will beg to remove the subsidy. All na game plan

4 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Truvelisback(m): 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2022
mitchyy:
My brother's car is damaged. They said NNPC supplied bad fuel to petrol stations. It damaged a lot of their customers cars and some fuel stations had to shut down due to the complaints. My brother got fuel from Total Fuel station on the island and his Venza car started acting up barely 5mins after. Now his engine is about to go bad and he might be needing a new engine. A car that was working perfectly without any issue cry. The mechanics checked and confirmed its bad fuel. Other people too are suffering same issue. Who should be held responsible for this? Its not fair at all
Even kerosene users suffers the same. U cannot easily detect good kerosene. Na so, so, Mixy, mixy. Na only gas remain. Very soon, dem go dey mix gas too.

4 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:

Do you know the fuel marketers who the subsidy funds are paid to?Let the government published the names of the fuel marketers so that Nigerians can hold them responsible for adulterated fuel and when they divert the fuel to neighbouring countries to sell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
mitchyy:
My brother's car is damaged. They said NNPC supplied bad fuel to petrol stations. It damaged a lot of their customers cars and some fuel stations had to shut down due to the complaints. My brother got fuel from Total Fuel station on the island and his Venza car started acting up barely 5mins after. Now his engine is about to go bad and he might be needing a new engine. A car that was working perfectly without any issue cry. The mechanics checked and confirmed its bad fuel. Other people too are suffering same issue. Who should be held responsible for this? Its not fair at all
And wike is destroying local refineries in river's state and calling them illegal.Is it the local refineries operators that are refining adulterated fuel?
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
Toluene06:
u did not do water test for the PMS before discharge. The test should b done before discharge. Also u should have water paint check.
Teach us how to do it

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by baralatie(m): 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
mitchyy:
This is serious
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
Revolution2022:
Do you know the fuel marketers who the subsidy funds are paid to?Let the government published the names of the fuel marketers so that Nigerians can hold them responsible for adulterated fuel and when they divert the fuel to neighbouring countries to sell.

We refine fuel in substandard refineries in Europe to help keep subsidy costs low
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2022
nedekid:

Na today? Did this regime not remove subsidy when they increased fuel price to 165 from 85 naira?
I bet you, make fuel price 500 tomorrow and in 6 months this regime will start the story of subsidy again.
Iran had poor refining capacity. The US took advantage and placed sanctions on them. Today Iran is an exporter of refined products and refining technology.
We here are waiting for dangote, while government spands 100b yearly on refinaries that don't produce a drop of petrol. No be juju be that?

Well subsidy removals in the past were partial.So long as ppra sets the price, there is a subsidy

Iran has refining capacity, but it cannot meet domestic demand from it. Subsidy being part of the reason
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
miketayo:

You are a cow for this. A normal thinking person won't say this. How many years have we been talking about refineries & power plants. If you think the removal of subsidy that both Jonathan and buhari have removed several times will make money to build refineries ur delusional. A who country is waiting for 1 man to build refinery and monopolise fuel price. Even if u give the government the money to build d refinery they still won't do it. So what profit r u talking about.

Thabks for calling me a cow.

Do have a good day. Im sorry, but abuse makes you look childish. You are better than this.

Do have a good day
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by miketayo(m): 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:

Thabks for calling me a cow.

Do have a good day. Im sorry, but abuse makes you look childish. You are better than this.

Do have a good day

I said what I said. You can continue being ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 08, 2022
miketayo:

I said what I said. You can continue being ignorant

And if i reciprocated in kind, you would be angry.

Do unto others what you would have them do to you.

You can disagree with me without being abusive. Again, it makes you look rather childish. And i beleive you aren't

Good day. Wont trobule you again
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Pain(m): 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see Nigeria returning back to donkey years due to corruption, I see donkeys, horses and camels used freely as means of transportation.

I see accident reducing drastically because the animals won't have a head on collision with each other regardless of the mental state of whoever is riding them.

This I have seen.

Prophet of DOOM and BOOM

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by treatise: 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
nduprincekc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6gMoocVz7o

Please subscribe to my channel
Be careful of the Fuel, You buy in Lagos

Be extra careful of where you buy fuel in Lagos
Who are the sole importers of fuel in Nigeria?

To avoid Had I know

This is an eye opener
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by RadleyLC(m): 1:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Monitor tanker drivers at night during their transit, you might not fuel your car or gen again.
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by yungz: 1:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
Electric cars would have been better but the country self no get constant power supply. which kain country be this slf sad
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
osuofia2:
smiley
Wickedness runs in Nigerians vein . Last week i was a victim of bad fuel .
I bought fuel in the fuel station here in Abuja and and few minutes afterward my car started jerking and quenching and offing.
I am currently experiencing this at the moment. It started after I bought 7000 naira worth of fuel from Adfil filling station along airport road, Lugbe.

4 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Originalsly: 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hmmm... this is serious. The FG is responsible for quality control of fuel period. Until they an get their act together what can we do to protect our cars? My advice :
1. Empty the fuel tank to check the quality of the fuel.
2. Do not put fuel in the car directly from the pump ... buy in a container .... check later to see the quality before pouring into the car.

If tomorrow... the FG somehow checks and 100% pure fuel is delivered to the stations .... continue to follow the steps ahead. The storage tanks at the stations still contain contaminated fuel and even if pure fuel is added... what is pumped into the car will still be contaminated. Stations will need to get rid of the contaminated fuel and clean the tanks. Will you ... as a station owner do that ... with 100K litter of fuel? .. so don't expect them to. My only other alternative will be to follow the "big boys exotic cars" .... wherever they fuel up ... that's the place to go.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by BOUNTYDOG(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Is this the reason for the queues at filling stations
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by jackfj: 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Even kerosene users suffers the same. U cannot easily detect good kerosene. Na so, so, Mixy, mixy. Na only gas remain. Very soon, dem go dey mix gas too.

And who told you they don't mix gas,lol
65% of gas bought by end users is adulterated, that's why most times you complain to the fillers, saying oga your gas no dey last. Meanwhile it's 100% not his fault.....(high pressure gas) I.e purely propane gas..

4 Likes

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Charmingpet: 1:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
cyril10:
Not only in Lagos but also PH.
also in Abuja
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by kayzkayz(m): 1:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
nduprincekc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6gMoocVz7o

Please subscribe to my channel
Be careful of the Fuel, You buy in Lagos

Be extra careful of where you buy fuel in Lagos

I don’t know why I keep hearing “Slawormiir” grin abi my guy don deal on oil and gas untop keyboard?

To avoid Had I know

This is an eye opener
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by akaahs(m): 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
FalseProphet1:
I see Nigeria returning back to donkey years due to corruption, I see donkeys, horses and camels used freely as means of transportation.

I see accident reducing drastically because the animals won't have a head on collision with each other regardless of the mental state of whoever is riding them.

This I have seen.
U have refused to see ur self trekking from ur village to the city or from city to ur village

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Ginomel(m): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:

Do you know how much that had been budgeted for Turn Around Maintenance yet it was not done and the fund diverted.

Now they want to remove the subsidy without local refineries after corruption.

They should fix the refineries first before removing fuel subsidy.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
Ginomel:

Do you know how much that had been budgeted for Turn Around Maintenance yet it was not done and the fund diverted.

Now they want to remove the subsidy without local refineries after corruption.

They should fix the refineries first before removing fuel subsidy.

Well, if subsides went, there would be more than enough profit for all that is needed for making the refienreis run apart from TAM

Plus, two refienreis are being renovated. Five private refinereis are coming up.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by miketayo(m): 2:07pm On Feb 08, 2022
backbencher:

And if i reciprocated in kind, you would be angry.

Do unto others what you would have them do to you.

You can disagree with me without being abusive. Again, it makes you look rather childish. And i beleive you aren't

Good day. Wont trobule you again

it is not an insult, if it thinks and talks like a cow it is a cow. No sane human living in this country or knows about this country will type what you wrote.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Cyprian221: 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

You see nothing bro���
Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by adioolayi(m): 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
That's why we are having fuel scarcity...reports has it NNPC imported this products and has been distributed Nationwide

1 Like

Re: Be Careful Of The Fuel, You Buy In Lagos by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
miketayo:

it is not an insult, if it thinks and talks like a cow it is a cow. No sane human living in this country or knows about this country will type what you wrote.

Good afternoon, young sire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JMPP: We Will Fence Nigeria, Change Name Of Nigeria To Pisonia & Naira To Pison / Abia Government Constructs Highway In Arochukwu Forest(pictures) / Abuja Trip: Ngige Calls For Banishment Of 12 Anambra Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.