Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion (26203 Views)

Binance And CEO ‘CZ’ Plead Guilty To Federal Charges, Agree To Pay $4.3B Fine / 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google / US Dept Of Justice Arrests Couple In $4.5 Billion Bitfinex 2016 Hack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Justinlean02(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2022
signature2012:
I have never ever liked Crypto.
A lot of bad deals can be done through it ranging from ;

Fraud
Drug deals
Kidnapping ransom
Politicians stealing
Hacking

To all those that believed Crypto can’t be traced,hope una eyes don clear?

Just imagine you buy bitcoin from some and not knowing the coin we’re gotten from illicit deals.
They trace it and seize your innocent funds.

There is this statement coming in the mouth of Crytpo invest that I dislike so much.
“Don’t invest the amount you can’t afford to lose”
Who invest in biz and look forward to lose?

An investment with not regulatory body to monitor it.
Elon could just wake up tomorrow morning and tweet gibberish.Bitcoin will just fall or rise.

Oya,make una go buy the dipppppppppppp!
you're naive grin
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Microwhy: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2022
fergie001:
The action represents the Justice Department’s largest-ever financial seizure, Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco said, adding in a statement that it shows cryptocurrency is “not a safe haven for criminals."
Hope our incompetent financial crime commission would stop making cryptocurrency look like is made for criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by MMempire(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
signature2012:

Fraud
Drug deals
Kidnapping ransom
Politicians stealing
Hacking

Just imagine you buy bitcoin from some and not knowing the coin we’re gotten from illicit deals.

There is this statement coming in the mouth of Crytpo invest that I dislike so much.

Elon could just wake up tomorrow morning and tweet gibberish.Bitcoin will just fall or rise.

Crypto can not be easily traced if you know the know. They tracked the couples I.P to the bitcoin wallet through the internet provider and began to monitor them. They were not smart enough to use a public or scrambled internet. They also failed to keep their fortune (the bitcoins) in a hard wallet like the Ledger Nano. You don't do such transaction on your personal phone or computer. Every phone or computer bought is a potential spy gadget from the government through the manufacturer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by samsard(m): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2022
Winters23:
The biggest cyber criminals are not Nigerians.

But the western media derives some kind of satisfaction by labeling Nigerians and other Africans as scammers.

Criminality is not tied to any nation, tribe or religion. It’s the universal language of all men of easy virtue.

No matter how long it takes all criminals will come to justice one way or the other.
You're right. In terms of dollar value, we are not the biggest. The issue is that in terms of scammers per capita - if there's anything like that - we are high up there. It's like they have 10 criminals doing a billion and we have a few thousand moving a few hundred million dollars. Not the actual figure but you get the gist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Jmichael1(m): 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
Dis ones level pass our guy own,if u knw u knw....
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by otherway: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
Chai! i trowey salute.
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by heartbeat84: 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
4.5billion dollars kwa? it is finished
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by bigcee(m): 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
DropsMic:

Bonnie and Clyde.
Ride and crash together.
Have you seen the movie?
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by CXLVII: 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
Winters23:
The biggest cyber criminals are not Nigerians.

But the western media derives some kind of satisfaction by labeling Nigerians and other Africans as scammers.

Criminality is not tied to any nation, tribe or religion. It’s the universal language of all men of easy virtue.

No matter how long it takes all criminals will come to justice one way or the other.

Nigerians are the loudest and why we so popular in the game. How many Chinese, Indian or Russian scammer have you seen parading stolen wealth?

We not the baddest in any game, we just too loud!

2 Likes

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by DaveHarry(m): 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
Real criminals. Not after the majority.
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2022
AntiMen:

To 20k region first before 15k, Don't expect any drop to 9K

I agree

1 Like

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
MMempire:

Crypto can not be easily traced if you know the know. They tracked the couples I.P to the bitcoin wallet through the internet provider and began to monitor them. They were not smart enough to use a public or scrambled internet. They also failed to keep their fortune (the bitcoins) in a hard wallet like the Ledger Nano. You don't do such transaction on your personal phone or computer. Every phone or computer bought is a potential spy gadget from the government through the manufacturer.
you seem to know much of this things
Let’s pull a billion dollar heist grin
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by DropsMic(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2022
bigcee:

Have you seen the movie?

It's a real life story... You know right?
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by bigcee(m): 8:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
DropsMic:

It's a real life story... You know right?
Yea I know but there is a movie about them titled "the highwaymen"
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by signature2012(m): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
MMempire:

You can’t be perfect.There will always be a loophole.
Was Hush not thinking he was perfect?
What happened last last?
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Smithwilliams826: 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2022
Why is it that its only the bad side of crypto that's get to the front page.

1 Like

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by sugarsoul(m): 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
I thought they said Bitcoin was untraceable.

All these fraudsters go dey shake by now; them never see anything.

No peace for the wicked

2 Likes

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by DropsMic(m): 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
bigcee:

Yea I know but there is a movie about them titled "the highwaymen"

Well I haven't watched the movie.. But I've watched lots of documentaries about their life.
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Lavisha(f): 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2022
Uzomarvin1121:
Third to cement
Cement ko, Dangote ni.
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by CyberWolf: 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

4.5 what
In dollars o! Not in naira angry

Aswear, hush puppy still dey learn work.
That was in 2016 when crypto exchange platforms has relatively very low security, it happens after mtgox hack in Japan in 2014, but nowadays, it’s not easy to hack crypto exchanges again because of advancement in cyber security.

1 Like

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Xman12345goat: 9:04pm On Feb 08, 2022
After they would say that cryptocurrency can't be traced. This is a big fat lie. FBI CIA sees all transactions

1 Like

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Bishopino: 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
Among every twelve there must be a Judas. No country is a Saint. Proudly Nigerian.
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by IVORY2009(m): 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
Winters23:

E pain u abi?

Crypto is not for everyone especially niggars like u.

Criminal
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by NOwazobia: 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
Smithwilliams826:
Why is it that its only the bad side of crypto that's get to the front page.
because the mods, including the owner of the site are all crypto persecutors.

2 Likes

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Bignuell(m): 9:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
MMempire:

At least someone is making sense
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Hotzone(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2022
Senior hushpopi abeg send my regards
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by doyin01: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
signature2012:

F your ignorance.And who told you some that did not buy are poor or never made profit via other investment.
When Binance seize your funds now,you start crying like a baby.

Mumu...binance ko banana ni. Ode
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Telekinetic: 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
Maverickking1:
Ozark couple lol.
That show dope die!
I just hope Javier doesn’t kill Ruth on the next part.
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Alabo7978(m): 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
fergie001:
Justice Department Says It Seized $3.6 Billion (valued at the time) Stolen in Cryptocurrency Exchange Hack

SOURCE
Lucky it didn't enter a real wallet directly, if not nothing on Earth would be able to track those assets.
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by snoopz: 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
See govt dept wey dey function since 2016 na
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by WayoProphet: 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
Lol, you are dreaming. Bitcoin is on the rise, going to 45k soon.

onedayatime:
Okay. Don't tell me that is the reason why Bitcoin is falling freely today

1 Like

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by baralatie(m): 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
signature2012:

Fraud
Drug deals
Kidnapping ransom
Politicians stealing
Hacking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Save And Grow Rich: 6 Simple And Practical Ways To Save Money And Grow Rich / Awuzie: Money In Chinmark's Frozen Account Can't Pay 3 Top Investors / MBA Forex Changes Maturity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.