Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion (26199 Views)

Binance And CEO ‘CZ’ Plead Guilty To Federal Charges, Agree To Pay $4.3B Fine / 60 African Startups Receive $4 Million Equity-Free Funding From Google / US Dept Of Justice Arrests Couple In $4.5 Billion Bitfinex 2016 Hack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by baralatie(m): 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2022
snoopz:
See govt dept wey dey function since 2016 na
There is another cryto text that is still under investigation.
I think
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2022
Most if not all still believes Bitcoin cannot be hacked.

Give it time.
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by InvertedHammer: 1:02am On Feb 09, 2022
Winters23:
The biggest cyber criminals are not Nigerians.

But the western media derives some kind of satisfaction by labeling Nigerians and other Africans as scammers.

Criminality is not tied to any nation, tribe or religion. It’s the universal language of all men of easy virtue.

No matter how long it takes all criminals will come to justice one way or the other.
/
Nobody said that Nigerians are the biggest criminals.
Nigerian criminals are too noisy and quick to show themselves. If a Nigerian criminal has 1/100th of the money this couple stole, he will be on social media trying to tension others and be forming motivational speaker. But see as this couple jejely dey their own dey enjoy life before they were busted.
Nigeria is a home to most of the stupid criminals out there. Their only saving grace is that the Law enforcement and prosecutors are as ignorant as the criminals.
/
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Winters23: 1:32am On Feb 09, 2022
signature2012:

I am not pained and never advice you not trade Crypto dude.
I am not the cause of your miserable life.
Now F-ck off and drink some cow pee.

I lookout for people especially strangers, but the problem is some strangers are too poisonous
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by NaBanga: 2:08am On Feb 09, 2022
Winters23:

But the western media derives some kind of satisfaction by labeling Nigerians and other Africans as scammers.

Criminality is not tied to any nation, tribe or religion. It’s the universal language of all men of easy virtue.

No matter how long it takes all criminals will come to justice one way or the other.

Notice no picture of the couple is posted. Yet the black man will post his own along with the whites to embarrass himself.
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by AntiMen: 5:30am On Feb 09, 2022
Saucewalka:

I agree

Hahahaha hahahaha.,.....Badt Nigga
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by Goodbadbowy419: 9:08am On Feb 09, 2022
Offpoint1:
That's some shit loads of money...

I can buy justice with such amount of money in Nigeria.

Borrowed the president $1B
Bribe all the judiciary system with $1B
Bribe all the law enforcement agencies with $500m
Bribe all the religious house with $400m
Bribe all my neighbours, friends, relatives, enemies with $100m

keep the rest for myself and everyone's happy

This is kinda crime I will commit if I ever consider going into crime and not all these useless 1k, 5k, 10k, 20k dollars crime these useless boys are ;Dranting about

And what exactly is does this line mean? " Justice Department officials said the transactions at the time were valued at $71 billion in Bitcoin, but with the rise in the currency’s value, it is now valued at over $4.5 billion.

Haha grin
You’re a real niggarr
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:19am On Feb 09, 2022
Loud it

Winters23:

Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by RexTramadol1: 10:39am On Feb 09, 2022
MMempire:

Crypto can not be easily traced if you know the know. They tracked the couples I.P to the bitcoin wallet through the internet provider and began to monitor them. They were not smart enough to use a public or scrambled internet. They also failed to keep their fortune (the bitcoins) in a hard wallet like the Ledger Nano. You don't do such transaction on your personal phone or computer. Every phone or computer bought is a potential spy gadget from the government through the manufacturer.

Lmao! People who could commit such crime wouldn’t have tried all that you said there, considering the enormous wealth at their disposal and how they were able to pull it off?

I don’t think any Nigerian scammer has been able to reach the $1bn mark say less what this couple did

The truth is as some have the brain hide ( still as part of human using their brains), some also will have the brain to uncover

That’s how it always is going to be….. you hide from some, but where u go hide am na person still develop am
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by cameeeeel(m): 10:51am On Feb 09, 2022
Minimi3:
Wow this is huge

Please I need someone that can invest or loan me 150k for my transport business in Lagos and get monthly return or interest 15k and ready to sign legal documents. Check below for my number in my profile/ signature
You never get the money
Re: Bitfinex Crypto Hack: US Arrests Couple For Allegedly Laundering $4.5 Billion by InsanePsycho(m): 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
fergie001:
Justice Department Says It Seized $3.6 Billion (valued at the time) Stolen in Cryptocurrency Exchange Hack

SOURCE

Where are their pictures?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Save And Grow Rich: 6 Simple And Practical Ways To Save Money And Grow Rich / Awuzie: Money In Chinmark's Frozen Account Can't Pay 3 Top Investors / MBA Forex Changes Maturity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.