Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? (15415 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
Damn!!. You just made me remember one exam like that. E get some kind exam, you go know say na F go be sure banker. I dey read for the paper, e no gree enter my skull, i just jejely resign to fate. As i enter exam hall, examiner give me question paper, my eyes nearly remove. Out of 9 theoritical questions, i no know even one of them. Na instant diarrhoea hold me. My brain just blank. Dat day be like horror movie for me. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by UnimkeAk(m): 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:
Examination is actually the spoiler and vibe killer in schools. But, no one can actually progress in school without writing exams.

A lot of desperation and seriousness comes with examinations. Students try to avoid carry-overs while others aim at making the highest grades possible.

I was in the examination hall one certain day. In the middle of the exam, I just went blank. I wasted more than four minutes trying to write severe.
To make matters worse, the guy sitting to my right was our pastor and no matter the situation, he won't reply you during examination.
He later came and met me after the exam to apologize.

Share your own experience.
Angle / angel
Crk exams in junior secondary, I messed things up
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by HaneefahRN(f): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
It grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by ghettochild(m): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
EYESofHORUS:

Same as me. During my SSCE Exam that year. I wrote Bouy. My eyes knew something was wrong. I cancelled it, and still write it again.

Naso i whisper to the guy next to me to spell Boy. The youngstar just look confuse. Instead make the idiot help me na laff he dey laff. He later told me after the exam that he thought i was joking. Na another person helped me out. Very awkward moment.
This got me laughing
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by MASTERMIND04(m): 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2022
HYDEEE:
I kept writing "tri" instead of "try", I knew I was wrong but I could not figure what was wrong. Funny, I asked the guy closest to me and he gave me the wrong spelling too, wasted 20mins of my time.
Lol
The guy you asked was an olodo
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by reealec(m): 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
Our ooooo
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Bash92(m): 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
I have a problem with how and our. Forgot the spellings countless times inside exam all. I usually leave the space then come back after I am through with all other questions
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Omicron007: 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
IbrahimSkiba:

..... Send me your account details

Comrade, you say?
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Abdulmumin412(m): 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
Recreation
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Okunga: 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
Original Copy Collected By Me…

Original turn Orijin
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Obynolee(f): 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:
Examination is actually the spoiler and vibe killer in schools. But, no one can actually progress in school without writing exams.

A lot of desperation and seriousness comes with examinations. Students try to avoid carry-overs while others aim at making the highest grades possible.

I was in the examination hall one certain day. In the middle of the exam, I just went blank. I wasted more than four minutes trying to write severe.
To make matters worse, the guy sitting to my right was our pastor and no matter the situation, he won't reply you during examination.

I forgot how to spell "but".
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Exkandayee(m): 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
I forgot the spelling of is back then 2006 when I was writing my WAEC, geography to be precise(map reading things). For like 3mins, I could not decipher if the spelling of is is i...s or s...i

At a time I had to called on my neighbor to help me with the spelling angry

No be small thing
Shut up, you nah olodo since day one, you no Sabi anything
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by AvalonSpace(m): 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
That word "embarrassment". It has really embarrassed me.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Kyrestas: 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
During our Neco back on 2011 , I ask for a spelling of a word ( thousand)
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Nehee007: 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
Our
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Simpleshafee(m): 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
I could still remember when I forgot how to spell is
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Madmazel99(m): 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
SporaD8:
"ANY", A Three letter words a nursery pupil will spell without problem completely humble!
lol this is the exact word that got me confused when I was in secondary school. My brain was telling me it's "eny" but I know it's wrong to spell it that way.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Oyindaberry(f): 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2022
Yes, ‘else’ and ‘is’ Like I went blank and couldn’t spell these simple words
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by frankfab(m): 7:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
I can remember forgetting the spelling of "emphasize"
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by ImaIma1(f): 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
"About"
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
although
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by omoplaycool(m): 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:
Ijust have a problem with been/being.. Dictionary can't seem to help... Idon tire for the word
One na past tense , the other na present continuous..
Eg (been.... past) I've been to Abuja before
Where have you been ?

(Being... present continuous).
He's being hunted by the police..

You don't have any business being there .

Na the small English wey I sabi.. I hope person wey sabi pass me go do better
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by rickpat(m): 7:37pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:

Truth is your last paragraph confused me... Thanks anyway..

Ithink the word is demonic. cheesy
....been goes with have,had while being goes with is,was,were.
eg I have been working
I had never been there before

she is being polite
she was being nice
we were being curious

I hope this helps..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Bode3: 7:37pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:
Ijust have a problem with been/being.. Dictionary can't seem to help... Idon tire for the word
It isn't odd bro, we aren't native speakers

Whenever you have the word "has" or "have" in a sentence accompany it with "been"
E.g I have been there twice.

Meanwhile, Whenever you don't have to use "has" or "have" then you can use "being"
E.g We were being supported at the centre.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by SporaD8: 7:50pm On Feb 09, 2022
Madmazel99:
lol this is the exact word that got me confused when I was in secondary school. My brain was telling me it's "eny" but I know it's wrong to spell it that way.
Exactly my dilemma bro!
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Onyenna(m): 7:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:

I wasted almost 1 minute trying to spell “was”..... It wasn’t funny.......
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by written007: 7:53pm On Feb 09, 2022
If " How" mess u up during an examination eh, the sad thing is you know it's a simple word and simple spelling. Spell am now... You are putting yourself on a bet not to ask someone nearest to you, na fail u dey fail so cos 4min don pass and u don almost chop "biro cover' finish. 1998…
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by phemmyfour: 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:
it's easy

been" is always used after "to have" "has," "had," "will have," "having". While, the word "Being" is used after "to be" e.g., "am," "is," "are," "was," "were". Examples:
I have been busy.

He is being stubborn

Have/has/had + Been

Is/was/are/am + Being

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by adioolayi(m): 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
I forgot the spelling of "is" during one of the most important exams of my life... it was in my final year..

I was stuck on this, as all thought process ceased ...

Sincerely, my brain just directed me to my question paper, that "Is" is actually a common word and I will find it in my question paper..

Low and behold, I found the correct spelling of "is" in my question paper and that bailed me out.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by bestpunterever: 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:

One day I was in a bank, I wanted to withdraw some money, could you believe that I was struggling with my own signature...
I almost busted into tear that day..
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by joepepsy(m): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
Photosynthesis. Just spell fotoctencs.
Omicron007:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Imo State Begins Construction Of Marine University… / NUC Gives Approval For 3 More Universities In Imo / 500naira Recharge Card Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.