Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,118 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses (18976 Views)

FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Private Universities / Buhari Approves Establishment Of 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Africankel(m): 6:31am On Feb 09, 2022
treesun:
What is the difference between Yenogoa and PortHarcourt? One campus should have been in Akwa Ibom or Cross River!

Yenagoa campus is of very low standard. The one in Port Harcourt is already being built by Wike, and should be ready by June 2022. I think Cross River should have been chosen in place of Delta, but on the other hand, Delta was influenced by the Deputy Senate President.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by na2016: 6:39am On Feb 09, 2022
doggedfighter:
Meaning producing many lawyers for a country with zero rule of law and inefficient judicial systems.

When people lose faith in judicial system, they turn to religion, shrines or even let go rather

than seek redress which means no work for Lawyers.

Anyway, it means relief and less stress for NLS candidates.

Nigeria is actually gone. Everything is now watered down and I hope the Indian scenario doesn't happen here.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by folake4u(f): 6:47am On Feb 09, 2022
Africankel:

Yenagoa campus is of very low standard. The one in Port Harcourt is already being built by Wike, and should be ready by June 2022. I think Cross River should have been chosen in place of Delta, but on the other hand, Delta was influenced by the Deputy Senate President.

For real, Yenagoa campus is of low standard. The water situation there is terrible, together with the big fat mosquitoes. lipsrsealed

Even Wike said that a slave shouldn't even go to that campus. undecided
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by doggedfighter(f): 6:48am On Feb 09, 2022
na2016:

Nigeria is actually gone. Everything is now watered down and I hope the Indian scenario doesn't happen here.

It's a sad situation with no end in sight.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Nicenixon: 6:50am On Feb 09, 2022
Lol!!! How I wish we really have rule of law in this country and the judiciary are truly independent.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by SmartPolician: 7:07am On Feb 09, 2022
The senator observed that the United States of America, with a population of over 350 million people, has about 237 law schools.

Mr. SINator, you are right but you are also wrong. US schools attract students from all over the world. That's why they need plenty of it.

Besides, the US is a rich country so they can afford to maintain those schools. Unfortunately that's not the case of Nigeria. Even the few varsities we have are in a sorry state.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by ohosi4real(m): 7:08am On Feb 09, 2022
treesun:
What is the difference between Yenogoa and PortHarcourt? One campus should have been in Akwa Ibom or Cross River!
I wonder oooo, those state senators are mugu. They can say or talk for there people. My state Edo, we lost to Delta but all the same
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by jc4real(m): 7:17am On Feb 09, 2022
treesun:

I'm also wondering what the consideration is for siting them so close to each other when they can be spaced out within the zone.

Could it be politics as usual?
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by JuanDeDios: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2022
treesun:
I agree the ones in the SS are not well-spaced out at all.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by leicestercamper: 7:32am On Feb 09, 2022
Anambra has joined the league. Cool
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by masui(m): 7:34am On Feb 09, 2022
SmartPolician:
The senator observed that the United States of America, with a population of over 350 million people, has about 237 law schools.

Mr. SINator, you are right but you are also wrong. US schools attract students from all over the world. That's why they need plenty of it.

Besides, the US is a rich country so they can afford to maintain those schools. Unfortunately that's not the case of Nigeria. Even the fear varsities we have are in a sorry state.

They always use United States as reference point. But cannot push for true federalism and resource control that they practice.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by abusurv(m): 7:39am On Feb 09, 2022
agulion:
Is ok, the should make sure all Yoruba Muslims skull miners are brought to book
Why not yoruba Christians skulls miners?
Check the area that has majority of skulls miners they are Christian. Also let me enlighten you a Muslim does not need to kill to get money because God is sufficient for him with his hand work.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Georgejeez: 7:48am On Feb 09, 2022
When they can't even provide basic amenities and standard infrastructures in the ones they have on ground already .
Just come see Kano campus, Bagauda. No good lecture seats , the toilets for the lecture room are complete eyesores, you even need to carry one of the doors before you enter, then carry it again , position it on the frame so that outsiders will not see you doing your thing , should I talk of the ones at the library ? No maintenance at all .
No roads , hostels are like dungeons, yet the state claim they have prominent sons like Dangote .
Make dem gerrat
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Awoleesu(m): 7:56am On Feb 09, 2022
treesun:

Exactly my thoughts!
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Awoleesu(m): 8:02am On Feb 09, 2022
Why do I see this as a "pre-disintegration " step...

All these creations don't appear to me as development, but as a similitude of pte-divorce; where the marriage collapse is imminent and parties involved are taking stock and setting up each for their own future, even before the pronouncement of the Divorce!
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Belleful: 8:10am On Feb 09, 2022
PrudencyFeats:

Imagine they even cited another one in Delta state
The power of DSP OMO-AGEGE.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Franking: 8:11am On Feb 09, 2022
walemoney007:
I don't understand, are they creating a new law school in Lagos too?

No, Lagos already has one. The new one for the SW will be in Ilawe, Ekiti State. They merely mentioned Lagos to highlight that the SW now has 2 just like the SE has one in Enugu already and a new one in Okija, Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Belleful: 8:14am On Feb 09, 2022
All hail distinguish DEPUTY SENATE PRESIDENT OVIE OMO AGEGE. THE man use style drag one go he village.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by otokx(m): 8:16am On Feb 09, 2022
Political decisions
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by walemoney007(m): 8:18am On Feb 09, 2022
Franking:

No, Lagos already has one. The new one for the SW will be in Ilawe, Ekiti State. They merely mentioned Lagos to highlight that the SW now has 2 just like the SE has one in Enugu already and a new one in Okija, Anambra state.
Oh!! Thank you jawe

I was confuse and wandering why a new law school will be created in Lagos state again.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by otokx(m): 8:23am On Feb 09, 2022
Belleful:

The power of DSP OMO-AGEGE.

In his village.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by otokx(m): 8:24am On Feb 09, 2022
Belleful:
All hail distinguish DEPUTY SENATE PRESIDENT OVIE OMO AGEGE. THE man use style drag one go he village.

Soon his village will be the capital of Delta State it appears, federal polytechnic, now law school amongst others, let him try and extend the railway there if he can.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by AmazingELixir: 8:26am On Feb 09, 2022
grin

Hiys let's see the reference law school the field marshal of projects is unleashing on the country.

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by olajigaolamide: 8:34am On Feb 09, 2022
I do not count these at all as any sort of development. I don't see how these will impact the economy or the daily life of the general citizenry.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Yankee101: 8:34am On Feb 09, 2022
There goes the quality

Which teachers will want to move to Borno?

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by AmazingELixir: 8:35am On Feb 09, 2022
jc4real:

I'm also wondering what the consideration is for siting them so close to each other when they can be spaced out within the zone.

Could it be politics as usual?

The simple reason is that the port Harcourt law school campus is financed 100% by the Rivers state government and it is going to be the reference law campus in terms of infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Osanoghodua1: 8:41am On Feb 09, 2022
Wonders. Looking at the current situation in the country, this is necessary but Port and Yenogua' I see no significant difference. Delta is okay. None to Calabar. Maybe we may start having Regional NBA chairmen, this will create more impunity for erring judges. It's about to fall apart. Break this nation now for it's not working
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by Buksaylor: 8:58am On Feb 09, 2022
treesun:

https://punchng.com/senate-approves-establishment-of-six-new-law-school-campuses/

Funny people...Just because of Wike...the retards have turned that to a quota system.
Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by seyz91(m): 9:01am On Feb 09, 2022
Mtchewwww!..

For you to have tagged this as good thing coming from senate, it tells all about you
Brendaniel:
At least one good thing coming from the senate...

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by RomanGreen: 9:31am On Feb 09, 2022
NASS members with zero sense never fails to disappoint with their backward policies...when will these fools sponsor bills establishing tech hubs across the nation? Or policies to encourage SMEs....cursed politicians.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves Establishment Of Six New Law School Campuses by BJanta: 9:49am On Feb 09, 2022
agulion:
Is ok, the should make sure all Yoruba Muslims skull miners are brought to book

And the Ibo human flesh eaters too ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger State Government Closes Public, Private Schools, Tertiary Institutions / YABATECH 2014/2015 PART TIME ND/HND And FULL TIME HND / NASU Strike Hits Universities Hard, Students Battle Filth, Water, Power Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.