Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) (46472 Views)

See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall / The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
V
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by edicin: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
Nawa oh
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Zion243(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
oaziAA:
Is this hunger cos I don't understand

Read first before forming.

4 Likes

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by TheWolfen(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
Lol the animals is just trying to eat. It hard in the wild. Lol ii guess it step in the wrong place this time around

2 Likes

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by DeepSight(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2022
otherway:
Black man can eat anything.

Olodo you never jam China-man.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by boojwa(m): 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2022
That's a civet

4 Likes

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by otherway: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
DeepSight:

Olodo you never jam China-man.

lol nah those ones be the oga patapata
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Ebubu: 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:
This animal came to feed on my chicks last night, luckily i was still awake i wrestled with it before i finally killed it.

At first i thought it was a dangerous animal because of the eyes reflections on torchlight.

This is the first time am seeing this animal, i thought it was a bush cat till i did google imagine search.

The search labeled it as Rusty-spotted genet.

Who else has come across this animal??
what state do you reside in that harbors this animal ?
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:
This animal came to feed on my chicks last night, luckily i was still awake i wrestled with it before i finally killed it.

At first i thought it was a dangerous animal because of the eyes reflections on torchlight.

This is the first time am seeing this animal, i thought it was a bush cat till i did google imagine search.

Pepper soup things ....
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by compton11(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
otherway:
Black man can eat anything.
same as white and Asian

1 Like

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by lextube: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
If anybody can eat this animal, then that person can eat a cat, or eat anything including humans undecided undecided undecided
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by MrDoGood(m): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

Google dey mumu at times. That's a civet cat. Knew about it when I visited Owerri zoo
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by 1VOIZ(m): 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2022

[/quote] bro everywhere don sobobo for u oo. Na OGBO Dem dey call am for my village. But God save you oo cos if that thing bite you na die. It's edible if u wan chop am u must cut the private part away before cooking
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by compton11(m): 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

bro the animal is Africa civet.

Yoruba called it ologede,they eat chicken and ripe plantain
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by LaJoe2: 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2022
No one can name this animal or even curious to know its name, all they know is meat don land; African mentality.
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by davidque: 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
This looks more like a civet
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:26pm On Feb 09, 2022
Somebody go shot mammy water pet dog one day.

Na that day village people go start singing traditional choruses for his ears
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by dotedote: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
Turn to white na.
We give you more time sef to turn violet and grey.

Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Must we kill every animal that comes our wa in this country........No wonder Zouma was attacked by animal activist over there.. Because our mentalities as blacks no dey rhyme at all with wetin whites dey see as normal tongue
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Numerouno94(m): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
Op, how to take wrestle the animal?
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Elidrisy20: 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
Na like that one Hunter go kill him neighbor,he think say na monkey grin
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Candidlady: 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

Is it edible?

because i want to throw it away. If its edible i will sell it off.

Kindly sell it off....

Don't eat what might end up killing you in return

Numerouno94:
Op, how to take wrestle the animal?

He is the Samson of our time smiley

1 Like

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
The African palm civet is threatened by habitat loss and hunting for bushmeat.[1] In 2006, it was estimated that more than 4,300 African palm civets are hunted yearly in the Nigerian part and around 3,300 in the Cameroon part of the Cross-Sanaga-Bioko coastal forests.[20]

In Guinea, dead African palm civets were recorded in spring 1997 on bushmeat market in villages located in the vicinity of the National Park of Upper Niger.[21] Dried heads of African palm civets were found in 2007 at the Bohicon and Dantokpa Markets in southern Benin, suggesting that they are used as fetish in animal rituals.[22] The attitude of rural people in Ghana towards African palm civets is hostile; they consider them a menace to their food resources and safety of children.[23] In Gabon, it is among the most frequently found small carnivores for sale in bushmeat markets.[24] Upper Guinean forests in Liberia are considered a biodiversity hotspot. They have already been fragmented into two blocks. Large tracts are threatened by commercial logging and mining activities, and are converted for agricultural use including large-scale oil palm plantations in concessions obtained by a foreign company.[11]
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by TheOgaBoss: 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
LaJoe2:
No one can name this animal or even curious to know its name, all they know is meat don land; African mentality.
have u been reading? Several peeps mentioned the name, some even gave the local names in their dialect. It is a civet.

2 Likes

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by francis5051: 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

pls how did you do the google image search?
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by ogahokoh: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2022
Its a weasel
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by GistFullGround: 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
You people will soon eat witches & demons one day!

1 Like

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Innobee99(m): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
Looks like African Civet
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by stanlink(m): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2022
Op Im just watching u with 5d eyes u get kala abi?
That kind wrestle with that hole on the shoulder please explain grin grin
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Princekunle10: 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2022
Oboy you just wasted the life of this genle pussy cat.
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Walexx412: 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2022
Pepe soup don land

Golden diamond bulb and light
Need distributors for how product if you're interested pls contact me 09134288273
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Grace146: 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2022
This looks like civet cat
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by IrepChrist: 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
How can you call this one meat.....
Very soon the only place we would see these animals will be inside biology textbook.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth / Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House / Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.