Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) (46502 Views)

See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall / The Cobra I Killed Behind My House Last Night / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by ehemwhy(m): 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
OP what part of the country do you live ?
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Aaae: 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2022
Don’t eat a cat
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Ademolu2002(m): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

Is it edible?

because i want to throw it away. If its edible i will sell it off.
It is a good meat. It's called aye in my local language
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by ukandi1(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Must we kill every animal that comes our wa in this country........No wonder Zouma was attacked by animal activist over there.. Because our mentalities as blacks no dey rhyme at all with wetin whites dey see as normal tongue

Was he supposed to watch in excitement as the animal devours his chickens ?
What's your point?

1 Like

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Amotolongbo(f): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

The buyer Dy price am 3k
Please where are you?
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by ukandi1(m): 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
DeepSight:

Olodo you never jam China-man.

Hahahahahahah
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Peace880(m): 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:
This animal came to feed on my chicks last night, luckily i was still awake i wrestled with it before i finally killed it.

At first i thought it was a dangerous animal because of the eyes reflections on torchlight.

This is the first time am seeing this animal, i thought it was a bush cat till i did google imagine searcd

Dis animal resemble fox, kọlọkọlọ

The search labeled it as Rusty-spotted genet.

Who else has come across this animal??
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Arabaincubus: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
Get in touch with a zoology department.
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by ukandi1(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
ogahokoh:
Its a weasel

I think it's a Genet. Seriously u should recheck
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Thuglife2020: 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

Is it edible?

Yes, it’s eatable. I’ve eaten it countless times .. it’s called “ETA” in my own tribe..

1 Like

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
Stop killing wildlife!!!
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Georgejeez: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
Very sweet meat , I have eaten it before.
Remember back in the days we use to set traps to catch rabbits or bush rats as some folks call it .
Went to check the cage like trap and found this ferocious and fierce looking beast inside , I was puzzled because I have never seen anything like it either in real life , books or TV .
I carried the trap home with a confused yet proud air , you need to see the attention given to me as I marched home with it , some even offered to buy it but sharp Warri boy like me no de sell .
I carry am reach house , area identify am say dem fit chop am , before you know , Chairman for the area burst out , collect am , send men go market go arrange rice and stew things , na once them Lego am , roast am , use am fry stew , me when be hunter just de background de observe , last last na share dem share meat give me with plate of rice ,,, if you see the crowd of plates when line up for ground ehn for the rice and stew while boys de turn shekpe de smoke weed .

I miss those days , nowadays these restaurants and fast foods no de sweet reach those crowd food we de organise for area

1 Like

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by k2money(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:
This animal came to feed on my chicks last night, luckily i was still awake i wrestled with it before i finally killed it.

At first i thought it was a dangerous animal because of the eyes reflections on torchlight.

This is the first time am seeing this animal, i thought it was a bush cat till i did google imagine search.

Civet, eta in Yorùbá language
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by galax1: 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
It's a civet
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Kyrestas: 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
It Is A Black Cat,
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by k2money(m): 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

Is it edible?

If it's spotted genet because it's very difficult to differentiate from civet. Genet can go for 1000 dolls
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by 1TripleC: 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

This is the first time am seeing this animal, i thought it was a bush cat till i did google imagine search.

It's called wild cat in my place
..feeds on chicken mostly at night...very edible if you can eat a cat
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Bryan88(m): 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
donbachi:
Choppings...dis week stew for u.
i wonder for una wey dey chop anytin animal....yuck!!! embarassed
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by LustreChris(m): 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Must we kill every animal that comes our wa in this country........No wonder Zouma was attacked by animal activist over there.. Because our mentalities as blacks no dey rhyme at all with wetin whites dey see as normal tongue

I'm sorry but I beg to disagree.
Because they (whites) see something as normal doesn't mean we should accept it hook, line and sinker.
The animal clearly sought to kill the chickens the man was tending after and he had to do what he had to do: kill the chicken invader.

And I find it quite funny how the so-called Animal Rights doesn't address when humans are attacked by this dreadlooking animals or invade human spaces. It would have been a different ball game, probably, if man had entered into say the bush or forest, but he was in his space.
We should tone down on this Animal this Animal that... Any animal wey do anyhow go see anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by morikee: 6:29pm On Feb 09, 2022
O.P it's called Common Genets
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Selfmotivated: 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2022
Anything is eatable in Nigeria. This is how Ebola, HIV 2 and other deadly disease came on board. African man no take eye see animal to spare alive
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by IbileIfe: 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
The illiteracy of the hunter is shameful.
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by semanose: 6:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

@mattmogan88

Please which area is this?
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by iamdapsyj(m): 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
herbert2017:
Looks like spotted hyena,may be Cub.

Its a civet

1 Like

Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by pman096(m): 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2022
pheelhip:
It looks like a spotted hyena but not an hyena
Probably in the same class
c'mon!!!!!!!
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by cooljude(m): 6:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

Is it edible?

Why did you kill it.... Wonderful Nigerians with zero animal conservation mindset.
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Tinkerbell420: 6:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
Chop am
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Exkandayee(m): 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
Is called Edi abali in Igbo language
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

those people fighting jacob zouma will be looking for u now
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2022
Bush cat
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by gentleguy1975: 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
pheelhip:
It looks like a spotted hyena but not an hyena
Probably in the same class
Perhaps Civet
Re: Rusty-Spotted Genet: Checkout The Scary Animal I Killed Last Night (Photos) by countryman13: 7:47pm On Feb 09, 2022
mattmogan88:

Congratulations ooooo. Meat don land .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth / Blackhole, Wormhole And Whitehole / Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.