Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,920 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story (1371 Views)

Lady Captured With A Very Sad Look On Her Wedding Day (Pic/Video) / Married Couple Invited Me For Threeesome Sex Last Night - Read My Experience / When I Was 15 , I Had An Abortion , 14 Years Later .... (Read My Shocking Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by YomiFaruk: 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
It's going to be an intermediate-long read but please endeavor to read through.

It happened that I went to buy petrol at the filling station in my area and because of this present fuel scarcity, the queue was quite long as vehicles, motorcycles, and people with Jerry cans are being attended to by a single pump.

I had waited more than an hour without it being my turn and after some time, a guy just arrived and went straight to the pump to buy the fuel but the attendant didn't attend to him and he was asked to join the queue so he waited. But he happened to know the boy whose keg was directly in front of mine and he waited by him. I suspected that he was going to give the keg to him to buy on his behalf and that's exactly what he did when he was the only one left to buy petrol before me. I was angry, i raised alarm at the injustice and how what he did was terrible. I complained bitterly about how I've been standing for hours and how he can't just collect someone's keg and put it right in front. They issue was so chaotic that the boy before me threatened (and almost) slapped me. The other people on the que were all begging me not to answer them any longer and they all sided me. So I kept quiet and they were all attended to.

Not up to 5 minutes later was when someone i know who I hold in high esteem because of several things he has done for me and he's also like a big bro to me, came to me buy petrol for him. He gave me the keg and the money and I was right on the queue. Deep in my mind, I didn't want to collect it but i didn't want him to feel disrespected so I shamelessly collected it. After that, a guy who was about 6 position behind me shouted that "That's why Nigeria can never be better again!" I wouldn't have felt this bad but i made the matter worse by shamelessly trying to defend myself even when I was obviously wrong. Not long after was when this guy took his keg out of the queue and went straight to the pump to buy. Nobody was bold enough to stop him, even i was just bending my head and looking for how to cover my head in shame.

I later went back to the person who gave me the keg and I told me i can't buy for him again. He later collected his keg and was even later able to buy before I did.

I just bought my petrol and went straight home feeling very sad. I can't believe I became who i was criticizing within a split of a second. It happened so fast I couldn't get the chance to think of the right decision. I'm fighting the urge to believe that I'm that bad, corruptible person.

I feel terrible bad and I will henceforth seek to never find myself in such scenario again. Please if you have books or anything that can help, I'm really open to learn and move forward in life. I don't want to be a bad person regardless of whichever situation I find myself.
I'm depressed. Really depressed. cry cry cry

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2022
Sorry for not reading ur story sad

i barely read long story cry

so quote me. . In a nutshell, what was ur story all about?

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by heniford2: 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2022
YomiFaruk:
It's going to be an intermediate-long read but please endeavor to read through.

It happened that I went to buy petrol at the filling station in my area and because of this present fuel scarcity, the queue was quite long as vehicles, motorcycles, and people with Jerry cans are being attended to by a single pump.

I had waited more than an hour without it being my turn and after some time, a guy just arrived and went straight to the pump to buy the fuel but the attendant didn't attend to him and he was asked to join the queue so he waited. But he happened to know the boy whose keg was directly in front of mine and he waited by him. I suspected that he was going to give the keg to him to buy on his behalf and that's exactly what he did when he was the only one left to buy petrol before me. I was angry, i raised alarm at the injustice and how what he did was terrible. I complained bitterly about how I've been standing for hours and how he can't just collect someone's keg and put it right in front. They issue was so chaotic that the boy before me threatened (and almost) slapped me. The other people on the que were all begging me not to answer them any longer and they all sided me. So I kept quiet and they were all attended to.

Not up to 5 minutes later was when someone i know who I hold in high esteem because of several things he has done for me and he's also like a big bro to me, came to me buy petrol for him. He gave me the keg and the money and I was right on the queue. Deep in my mind, I didn't want to collect it but i didn't want him to feel disrespected so I shamelessly collected it. After that, a guy who was about 6 position behind me shouted that "That's why Nigeria can never be better again!" I wouldn't have felt this bad but i made the matter worse by shamelessly trying to defend myself even when I was obviously wrong. Not long after was when this guy took his keg out of the queue and went straight to the pump to buy. Nobody was bold enough to stop him, even i was just bending my head and looking for how to cover my head in shame.

I later went back to the person who gave me the keg and I told me i can't buy for him again. He later collected his keg and was even later able to buy before I did.

I just bought my petrol and went straight home feeling very sad. I can't believe I became who i was criticizing within a split of a second. It happened so fast I couldn't get the chance to think of the right decision. I'm fighting the urge to believe that I'm that bad, corruptible person.

I feel terrible bad and I will henceforth seek to never find myself in such scenario again. Please if you have books or anything that can help, I'm really open to learn and move forward in life. I don't want to be a bad person regardless of whichever situation I find myself.
I'm depressed. Really depressed. cry cry cry

Lalasticlala
dude Relax we all make mistakes you allowed ur emotion act for you okey, go out and make friends life is too short to let all this way you down

1 Like

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Franzinni: 12:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
Its in the DNA guy.

Everynigerian I mean every last one is a big hypocrite.

Everybody just dey package.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Candidlady: 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
Franzinni:
Its in the DNA guy.

Speak for yourself zinni

1 Like

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by YomiFaruk: 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
Franzinni:
Its in the DNA guy.

No I'm not.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Franzinni: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
YomiFaruk:

No I'm not.
haha and you colected the kerg from your bros on autopilot.. be deceiving your keyboard there...yimu
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Sonnobax15(m): 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2022
grin
Eyahhhhh,op dey feel guilty.. Simply because he became the culprit of the same thing he condemned not too long ago....

Well,this kind thing don happen to everybody...Even in the ATM stand self,we dey rock am for there......Even during the NIN registration wahala, people still dey wey rock am wellar........ everything about NIGERIA has always been all about man-know-man right from the beginning.....

Las las,we are all hypocrites lipsrsealed
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Franzinni: 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:

Speak for yourself zinni
madam.... it is true.. let me ask you this question,

Hypothetically, you are called to recieve 400million naira from loot a politician stole from the government as reward for you providing advice sometimes ago, a service that you know is not more than 100k.... I already know the answer sha ...

but will you take the money or form SU and reject it on moral grounds?

Mind you there is no repacaution for taking the money legal or otherwise

Tell me you wont deziani the cash... blow lie.
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Candidlady: 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2022
Franzinni:
madam.... it is true.. let me ask you this question,

Hypothetically, you are called to recieve 400million naira from loot a politician stole from the government as reward for you providing advice sometimes ago, a service that you know is not more than 100k.... I already know the answer sha ...

but will you take the money or form SU and reject it on moral grounds?

Mind you there is no repacaution for taking the money legal or otherwise

Tell me you wont deziani the cash... blow lie.

Since you expect me to BLOW lie... How can you believe my PUNCHED truth when isay state it?

Won't that be a waste of time... ?
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Franzinni: 1:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:

Since you expect me to BLOW lie... How can you believe my PUNCHED truth when isay state it?

Won't that be a waste of time... ?
typical. cool grin

1 Like

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Double0h7(f): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2022
The lesson here is to not judge yourself and others harshly. If you are gentle with others when they error then you could be gentle on yourself when you make the same mistakes.

But if you're critical of others then you'll be critical of yourself and this will lead to anxiety and depression. Just be kinder, patient, and more forgiving.

When you lack then you'll meet people who are kind and patient with you. We're human and that means we're capable of good and bad, positive and negative. That's what being human is.

Forgive yourself right now and treat yourself to something nice. Let go and move on with your new found understanding. It's a blessing in disguise kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2022
We lack discipline and we too dey lick ass.
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by YomiFaruk: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Double0h7:
The lesson here is to not judge yourself and others harshly. If you are gentle with others when they error then you could be gentle on yourself when you make the same mistakes.

But if you're critical of others then you'll be critical of yourself and this will lead to anxiety and depression. Just be kinder, patient, and more forgiving.

When you lack then you'll meet people who are kind and patient with you. We're human and that means we're capable of good and bad, positive and negative. That's what being human is.

Forgive yourself right now and treat yourself to something nice. Let go and move on with your new found understanding. It's a blessing in disguise kiss

Thank you so much. wink
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by jaxxy(m): 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
If I’m on a que and Sm1 asks nicely I won’t be offended and will understand. It’s only a problem when they are many trying to jump the que.
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by oazeez1991(m): 5:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
@Op, ironically, this is how politics plays out. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands, but this, most times don't apply in politics. When you unapologetically condemn people in power, it's cos you haven't gotten close to it before, hence, the criticism. There are situations you would find yourself doing what you wouldn't have done under normal circumstances, but unfortunately, circumstances just have a way of shaping our acts. That's why as human, we shouldn't be quick to judge or condemn others cos we know not what they must have gone through or what actually influenced their decisions.

All the same, you don't have to be hard on yourself, shit happen, we aren't all perfect, and don't think you can be the Messiah in an already messed up and corrupted country. Just do your do in the way you felt is right. It ain't changing any moment, we can only hope it does.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Magnoliaa(f): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mtcheeeewwwwwwwwww.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Truvelisback(m): 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2022
The only thing i blamed u for was that u overreacted. Mind u, this is Nigerian. Na who know man nai him be the Koko. E.g If i am in charge of employment in Chevron, and i saw the C.V of someone related to me or someone i like, do u expect me not to help the person? No. Even if he is not qualified, i will help him.
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Samolasoj(m): 6:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
teddybarz:
Sorry for not reading ur story sad

i barely read long story cry

so quote me. . In a nutshell, what was ur story all about?

Lol
Wahala be like bicycle

1 Like

Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by flokii: 8:45pm On Feb 09, 2022
So it's fuel station banter that is making you depressed grin

TBH we Nigerians are part of the
problems facing Nigeria.. we can criticize others but when we get the chance to make a change, we do exactly like those we love to criticize.

@OP Go easy on yourself and try to ammend your ways.. noone is perfect afterall.
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by YomiFaruk: 8:46am On Feb 10, 2022
Lalasticlala
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by YomiFaruk: 8:46am On Feb 10, 2022
flokii:
So it's fuel station banter that is making you depressed grin

TBH we Nigerians are part of the
problems facing Nigeria.. we can criticize others but when we get the chance to make a change, we do exactly like those we love to criticize.

@OP Go easy on yourself and try to ammend your ways.. noone is perfect afterall.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by fikayormi(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2022
Me I no dey criticize those kind thing again cos laslas if it my turn meself go do am. That is naija for you my bro. Everything Na man know man
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Angrygoat: 11:02am On Feb 10, 2022
To hell with you and the story
Re: I Feel Very Sad And Depressed. Please Read My Story by Exceed15: 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
I understand how you feel but it's part of learning. We are humans and makes mistakes. Just put it behind and forge ahead. Beside you are a good person.

(1) (Reply)

Feminist Come In. / Omah Lay Soso Video / I Think I Have Been Scammed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.