Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria (13325 Views)

Tiwa Savage And Skales Visits A Down-Syndrome Foundation / Throwback Photo Of Ice Prince And Skales / Wizkid And Emmanuel Adebayor Flaunt Their Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by desthan(m): 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2011
dayokanu:

Oya AXE your mummy, Awon eleyi Awon eleyi won bad gann n oooo

Maybe Whizkid got to the embassy and said "AXE your mommy" [/b]the consular officer thought he was a potential terrorist interested in
AXE-ing peoples mothers in the US and promptly denied him to save yankee ppl

hehehehe. . . . hahahahaha. . . . . lol. . .  grin grin.[b]''flikering away tears of mirth''
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by ragdollz: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2011
@ogugua88

Har har. However who said u need to get a visa BEFORE u plan/promote shows? I hope u know for example folks pay school fees, accomodation IN FULL b4 applying for visa?? The only thing u don't do is buy a ticket! So even if ur visa is refused, all costs are refunded by the sch. Same applies here. Wizkid obviously and rightly believed he'd get d visa and dat's why the promo and ticket sales commenced early.

Anyway this is a slap on the face of our young and talented whizkid. He deserves an apology AND a visa, quick-quick!!
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by queensmith: 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2011
dayokanu:

Maybe Whizkid got to the embassy and said "AXE your mommy" the consular officer thought he was a potential terrorist interested in

omg im on the floor!!! LMAO!

'emi wizzy mo bad gan'

oya this is not that serious, even american artists uk artists get denied visa- its no biggy. he just needs to try harder to prove he has a fanbase.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by joecrack(m): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2011
queensmith:

yeeee serious?? abeg does anywhere here know him? please confirm, i thot wizkid went to Dowen?? Elitist never get rejected visa??  undecided

im actually laughing my head off right now- you need to see the heavy promotion they are giving the august carnival concert!!!
are u really serious,he went to dowen,thats a pity he needs to return his certificate,some weeks back on a mtv show,he was asked how many countries does the UN recognise and this guy shamelessly said 21!
Ha ha ha olodo.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2011
the problem with this story is that, LESS THAN A YR AGO, he was also denied a visa to perform in the UK. why doesnt his managers/handlers/promoters learn from that Fiasco?!

ElRazur:

This is naija. . . (That is your answer) grin

lol, if they continue like this, no promoter will want to work with his "unlucky with working visa" asss. . . . . . . . unless the problem came from the other side aka tour promoter not accredited for such event.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by queensmith: 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

the problem with this story is that, LESS THAN A YR AGO, he was also denied a visa to perform in the UK. why doesnt his managers/handlers/promoters learn from that Fiasco?!

lol, if they continue like this, no promoter will want to work with his "unlucky with working visa" asss. . . . . . . . unless the problem came from the other side aka tour promoter not accredited for such event.

Lol of course the promoter isnt accredited! i dont even think theres such thing as an accredited promoter! yet weve been having hundreds of artists from nigeria flock in and out and even perform in high end venues! This particular event was probably going to be a sellout. It may just be because alot of people from nigeria get the same visa and wizkid isnt that well known, abroad anyways.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
^^i dont know about the US but you need to have a legit touring company/club etc to even THINK of getting an artist a working visa in Europe. then you need to bring the adequate paperwork such as venue rental agreement, gov permit for such event etc etc etc
so YES, many have done it in the past but maybe they werent all legit!

as someone said earlier, many TOP artist get their application refused too, Lil Wayne was denied a European visa after they had started selling tickets for his European tour. . . . . . . . . .but thats because of his criminal past.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by otiigba1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2011
it means they are not important, thats why they were refused the visa, what kind of music are they going there to play that america never heard of its like selling there their own market to them, and also they are not up to american standard in music, there is too many ganstas already in america they dont need more grin grin grin grin besides i ve never heard of these people they are not that famous grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2011
oti-igba:

it means they are not important, thats why they were refused the visa, what kind of music are they going there to play that america never heard of its like selling there their own market to them, and also they are not up to american standard in music, there is too many ganstas already in america they dont need more grin grin grin grin besides i ve never heard of these people they are not that famous grin grin grin grin grin grin

You've never heard of them? I would suggest you "AXE YOUR MOMMY"
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by fuqua: 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
Can they pls move the show(s) to GHANA?
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2011
oti-igba:

you sir, are making NO SENSE at all. it doesnt matter WHAT music they are going to play OR if they are even famous. a promoter can bring whichever artist he pleases and that has got nothing to do with the American gov. or the standard of music in the US.

so because YOU dont know an artist so they shouldnt get a visa to perform?! as Dayokanu rightly said: AXE YOUR MOMMY!!!!!!!
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by mikechrisgeneral(m): 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2011
US Visa Officer dey look ur face
Wen dat devilish woman denied me VIsa after having paid d non pay-back Immigrate Visa fee .
Wizkid and Co make una come do the show 4 my birthday show 4 psychic road
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Goldieluks: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2011
i barely know them.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Roland17(m): 9:42pm On Jun 24, 2011
for him mind, him think say to pass US visa interview na with expo or popularity? especially for Lagos embassy? Americans no send anybody, he might find it difficult with this denial, he might get lucky with the UK on a second attempt.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
queensmith:
im actually laughing my head off right now- you need to see the heavy promotion they are giving the august carnival concert!!!

sledge406:
Now that's some real cracker.

Thanks OG! grin

Lol smiley None of it makes sense sha.

ragdollz:
@ogugua88

Har har. However who said u need to get a visa BEFORE u plan/promote shows? I hope u know for example folks pay school fees, accomodation IN FULL b4 applying for visa?? The only thing u don't do is buy a ticket! So even if your visa is refused, all costs are refunded by the sch. Same applies here. Wizkid obviously and rightly believed he'd get d visa and dat's why the promo and ticket sales commenced early.

Anyway this is a slap on the face of our young and talented whizkid. He deserves an apology AND a visa, quick-quick!!

These musicians should get a visa before telling promoters that they are coming. Before this Wizkid deal, it was Flavour Nabania just this past April of 2011. Flavour's group cancelled the entire US tour because of a visa issue just 6-7 days before it was to start. Instead, he went to Cameroon to perform lol. Wizkid cancelled his Washington DC show a mere two days before.

The promoters that were doing this show have been increasing their prices. I believe every weekend they increase ticket prices, so I bought my own very early lol. Because he believed he would get a visa doesn't mean he should give the okay for promo and ticket sales. He isn't God, anything can happen at the embassy lol. Until they have the approval, they shouldn't say anything. Several people have purchased plane tickets and those cannot be refunded, considering most of them buy cheaper, uninsured, flights. Weekend and money wasted for them.

Nigerians are their k-leg way of doing business. I find it shameful embarassed
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by seunbballo(m): 10:16pm On Jun 24, 2011
@Goldieluks - Na everybody dey sing 4 Naija!! How many Artists person wan follow,

U urself fine reach to be singer now!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by CommonS(f): 10:27pm On Jun 24, 2011
dayokanu:

You've never heard of them? I would suggest you "AXE YOUR MOMMY"

lol grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by queensmith: 12:04am On Jun 25, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^i dont know about the US but you need to have a legit touring company/club etc to even THINK of getting an artist a working visa in Europe. then you need to bring the adequate paperwork such as venue rental agreement, gov permit for such event etc etc etc
so YES, many have done it in the past but maybe they werent all legit!

as someone said earlier, many TOP artist get their application refused too, Lil Wayne was denied a European visa after they had started selling tickets for his European tour. . . . . . . . . .but thats because of his criminal past.

i highly doubt it- i know alot performances go on in the US and im very sure the promoters have nothing- they probably dont even have visa!lol they might not always come on working visas- they may come on visiting. and when we used to host parties even the artists from cote d'ivoire never had problems- they have entourages of like 50 people and only perform to small crowds.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 25, 2011
^^thats the big difference, you cant expect artists such as Whizkid to go to the states and perform in this multiple dates tour on a tourist visa. he HAD to get a working visa!
yes, many do without one but thats the gamble some promoter/artists are willing to take. . . . . . . . . .but then again, looking at this story, i understand why.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by nairaspace: 2:42am On Jun 25, 2011
As dem wizzy go sing "when it comes to fashion, she no well"

na yankee turn to sing " WHEN IT COMES TO VISA, WE NO WELL"

hahahahhahaha grin grin grin grin

lol, but yankee sha!!! shocked shocked won badt gan !!!!
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 25, 2011
MRbrownJAY:
^^thats the big difference, you cant expect artists such as Whizkid to go to the states and perform in this multiple dates tour on a tourist visa. he HAD to get a working visa!
yes, many do without one but thats the gamble some promoter/artists are willing to take. . . . . . . . . .but then again, looking at this story, i understand why.

Is such a gamble worth it? Once they're caught performing on a tourist visa, they're banned from the US lol.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by phobic08: 3:58am On Jun 25, 2011
American no sabi any personalties,once you can defend your document,you going no where.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by MMM2(m): 5:34am On Jun 25, 2011
Maybe 2much mòney waz not in dere account.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by nbltech(m): 8:53am On Jun 25, 2011
US Embassy must have their reason 4 dat;wheneva they deny somebody VISA they will always tell u the reason y.So ,Whizkid and Skales shud be bold enough tell Nigerians d hidden truth.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by oladayo042: 9:56am On Jun 25, 2011

Maybe Whizkid got to the embassy and said "AXE your mommy" the consular officer thought he was a potential terrorist interested in

As dem wizzy go sing "when it comes to fashion, she no well"

na yankee turn to sing " WHEN IT COMES TO VISA, WE NO WELL"

Una no go kill person with laughter! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by deb(m): 10:16am On Jun 25, 2011
B4 Whizkid and his manager are condemned, how about those bitches in the US embassy that deny people Visas for no just reasons. I know of an India woman and one other fat bitch that derives pleasure in denying people visas even when all documents are intact. Cudn't he have fallen victim?
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by queensmith: 11:05am On Jun 25, 2011
^^ thts why its important to read all the information they give you an study the facts outright- if you are denied visa for no reason - CHALLENEGE IT!

you can claim its a racial attack! I'm sure they take advantage of the fact most people are very ignorant. Noone is above doing that, not even the US government.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by johnjoel(m): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2011
:p ;d

Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by seemyown: 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2011
weti dem wan go do for yaki?
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by Beerem: 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2011
Denying these stars visa shows you how ignorant the consular officers are about Nigeria.
Re: Wizkid And Skales Were Denied American Visas In Nigeria by 8j(m): 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2011
It could've happend to anyone, so y d mockery? angry
bad belle bois and girls, make una follow promote una brovas. Haba!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russell Brand Says Baptism Left Him Feeling 'Changed', 'Surrendered In Christ' / Jameel ‘disu Speak On His Marriage To Bella Adenuga. / Omoni Oboli Extends Contract With Nunu Milk (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.