Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,462 members, 7,836,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Do Not Love Just For Character. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Not Love Just For Character. (483 Views)

The Girl I Love Just Broke My Heart In Such A Despicable Way(pictures) / The Girl I Love Just Got Deflowered By Another Guy. / Is This True Love? Just Say Your Mind (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Love Just For Character. by blessingchinny(f): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2022
Physical attraction is as important as character and trait when searching for a life partner. Do not let anyone deceive you on that.

Character might be the beauty of any man/ woman, but then, first impression matters. How do you intend to ascertain the character of a man/ woman whom ain't you impressed by her looks.

How would you get close to someone whom you ain't physically or sexually attracted to?
If marriage eventually happens, how do you intend to spend together with someone whom you never had feelings with?

This is one of the leading cause of infidelity in our society today. Most people are in a loveless marriage because they neglected physical attraction which ought to be a part of their spec or desired quality. Even though they ended up with that God fearing, responsible, talented, man, yet they are not fulfilled, because there was no attraction. Hence the infidelity. A case of keeping a good woman at home, but getting satisfaction outside.

Feeling don't grow like trees, it is important to have them present at the initial stage, while considering other attributes.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by helinues: 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
First impression is 50/50.

People tend to hide their bad characters on first date.

And lately, people are no longer practicing friendship before dating/relationship.. Why?

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by williams85(m): 7:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
Beauty fades, character does not. choose wisely..
Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by helinues: 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
williams85:
Beauty fades, character does not. choose wisely..

Where did you get that from?

If character does not change, why are we reading daily marriage issues?
Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by Justkatty(f): 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
What do one go for if not for character?
This love matter sef don tire person.

The thing is that, anyone you have peace within you whenever you both are together or you think of that person, and there's a joy inside of you even when he or she is far away I feel that's the one for you.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by donbachi(m): 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2022
The worst habit is 100times better than 1 bad character.
Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by VeryWickedMan: 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2022
I'm attracted to kind-hearted women.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by Boogyman557: 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2022
. Holly Gram cool real matters.... WTF MAN
Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by FirmTR(m): 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2022
Nor be lie.

The fact say I won marry woman with good character nor mean say she nor go fine outwardly to my taste.
Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by Jennyclay(f): 8:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
First of all. Which kind of character are you talking about? Do Nigerian men have character at all?

I haven't seen one quality reason why I should love Nigerian men characters. All I see is low quantity.
Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by Yusufisraelj(m): 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
@blessingchinny

You write up is good, but there's no prioritization to what you've written.

You're most likely putting the cart before the house, the foundation of any relationship is character, this is what makes or breaks people in relationships regards a Christian perspective. A guy should look for a lady that:

1. Fears God: this means she has absolute reference for Jesus, his lifestyle and what He preaches and submits to the bible as the final authority in all matters not her parents, culture or tradition.

2. Submissive: the ability to recognize the place of the man and respect him genuinely.

3. Hospitable and sacrificial: the ability to do away with temporary pleasure which can wait for a greater good, be homely and knows how to manage people.

4. Beauty: the ability to take care of herself, appear neat and dress well.

For a lady

1. Fears God: this means he has absolute reference for Jesus, his lifestyle and what he preaches and submits to the bible as the final authority in all matters not his parents, culture or tradition.

2. Has someone he submits to for mentorship or guidance: this person is not his parent, a person who can call him to order when he's at fault, else he could beat up the lady and no one to correct or guide him or misbehaves and one to correct as well.

3. He's responsible: he understand the cost dimension of life and understand that he's an absolute provider as a result of the value he has and the interaction he has with God based on how he should dispense that value and get rewards.

4. He takes care of his hygiene.

Fulfilment comes as a result of people living life's of meaning, there's no gain saying that physical attraction matters, but it's very secondary my dear
Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by Fiscus105(m): 3:18am On Feb 10, 2022
blessingchinny:
Physical attraction is as important as character and trait when searching for a life partner. Do not let anyone deceive you on that.

Character might be the beauty of any man/ woman, but then, first impression matters. How do you intend to ascertain the character of a man/ woman whom ain't you impressed by her looks.

How would you get close to someone whom you ain't physically or sexually attracted to?
If marriage eventually happens, how do you intend to spend together with someone whom you never had feelings with?

This is one of the leading cause of infidelity in our society today. Most people are in a loveless marriage because they neglected physical attraction which ought to be a part of their spec or desired quality. Even though they ended up with that God fearing, responsible, talented, man, yet they are not fulfilled, because there was no attraction. Hence the infidelity. A case of keeping a good woman at home, but getting satisfaction outside.

Feeling don't grow like trees, it is important to have them present at the initial stage, while considering other attributes.

How will you start ordinary relationship with a guy in which you don't have single attraction for? Absolutely not possible, nobody tells you not to go for attraction, but character wise he or she must also good.

Madam, with ur comment, I see a lady who is crazy for physical attributes, ....tall, handsome, ebony etc. All these would fade after 2/3 months continue sex, it's only character that would be piloting the vehicle of ur marriage for the rest of ur life.

Lest I forget, people mostly cheat not becaus they are not physically attracted to their spouses but bcoz they want to try new adventure
Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by williams85(m): 6:23am On Feb 10, 2022
helinues:

Where did you get that from?

If character does not change, why are we reading daily marriage issues?
English is not for you my friend.
#muted
Re: Do Not Love Just For Character. by mediainc: 6:25am On Feb 10, 2022
Beauty without brains, asset or value will tire a man.

(1) (Reply)

Child Birth Is Painful / I Finally Got Caught Underneath Her Thighs In Class [ep2] / Why Do Yoruba Men Like To Dress Like East African Men Sometimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.